Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Efcc Fight Crime On The Pages Of Newspapers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Fight Crime On The Pages Of Newspapers (670 Views)

EFCC's Fight Against Corruption Is A Mere Ritual Of 'Window-Dressing' / Ayo:Osibanjo\awolowo Want Yoruba Suffering To Continue because of newspapers / policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Fight Crime On The Pages Of Newspapers by bilymuse: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2009
But Chief Akintola carpeted the CBN and the EFCC.
Hear him: “I am not saying what I want to say because I represent one of the affected persons but I must say that the operation of the Nigerian security agencies and the CBN leaves much to be desired.

“For EFCC, they tend to operate more on the pages of newspapers than getting involved in forensic investigation. It is more of motion without movement

“Their counterparts abroad investigate alleged criminals for years without those being investigated knowing. But the reverse is the case here.

“Instead of investigating crimes, they would have done all the prosecution on the pages of newspapers.

“They are not a serious body. If you are talking about arresting, must you talk that on the pages of newspapers.

“But all they do here is to blow off steam. Ten months before arrest, they are already shouting of what they intend to do. And those to be arrested will try to cover their tracks or flee.

“And when those arrested are eventually taken to court, nothing will come out.

“Another thing is that if you arrest, you charge the accused to court within 24 hours

“I read in the papers that they got an order from a magistrate court to remand those in their nets indefinitely to finish with their investigation. I don’t know the magistrate that will grant such order.

“Besides, they are saying they are going to prosecute debtors of the banks involved as if it is a crime to borrow money from the bank.

“Why must you criminalise those who borrowed monies from the bank. ‘My fear is that very soon, they will have many lawsuits in their hands.

“For instance, they did not get the consent of the shareholders of the banks before they are doing what they are doing. This is against sections 33 and 35 of BOFA.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/24/cbn-mute-over-ibrus-suit-lawyers-caution-cbn-efcc/
Re: Efcc Fight Crime On The Pages Of Newspapers by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
reflects a lot of my sentiments about wayoziri the olodo

can't see where he carpeted CBN, though
Re: Efcc Fight Crime On The Pages Of Newspapers by wirinet(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
Why did you all not attack EFCC under Ribadu for fighting corruption on the pages of newspaper or on CNN for that matter. No body saw nothing wrong in Ribadu, bringing out a list of corrupt politicians without investigation or prosecution only to be declared guilty of corruption (without stating the exact offense) and subsequently punishing the politicians.

It is now that a list of debtors and their accomplices in the banks are published than Sanusi and Waziri ( i am not a supporter of Waziri though) are fighting on the pages of newspaper. As Ribadu's supporters would say, Did these people not take loans and refuse to pay back, or did the sacked CEO's not give out unsecured loans?
Re: Efcc Fight Crime On The Pages Of Newspapers by vigasimple(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2009
WAYOZIRI  cannot fight corrupt polticians like IBORI etc, so she took a soft line and go after people who borrowed money to do business, and that is not a crime, even if you are not servicing it as long as there are good business reasons.

What amount or may be a crime is that if you took the loan with intention of not paying back, or you collude with bank officers to obtain loan without proper due process and documentation including collaterals, then you go straight to jail.

What WAYOZIRI and her boss YAR A'DULL  is doing now is exactly what they are accussing RIBADU of doing, fighting crimnals in an unconventional ways, and rightly so. That is the only way you can fight Nigerian criminals. They have monies to pay the best lawyers and any dodgy judge.

A situation will determine what method(s) you will apply in dealing with it.

The difference between WAYOZIRI EFCC and RIBADU'S EFCC is that RIBADU get jail for criminals, but WAYOZIRI get plea bargainings which is not a deterrent and she has taken her eyes off political corrupt class who appoint her in the first place for their own cover.

(1) (Reply)

Falae: Sanusi Has A Northern Agenda / For Those Of Us From The Niger- Delta Who Are Talking About Peace And Turning: / Nigeria In Talks With China About Selling Large Oil Blocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.