Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,911 members, 7,841,455 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? (1182 Views)

He Got Her Pregnant, Later Accepted It But Won't Marry Her Because He Doesn't... / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know That I Am Multi-millionaire / Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
***There is this friend of mine, we are very close, he spends most of his time in my house and we both work together. He has good work ethic, knows how to work hard and make money, but the problem is, he doesn't know how to manage or save money. He hates saving money, he has this believe that money is meant to be spent. His extravagant life is so bad that he is broke most of the time. He spends his salary on women and alcohol. Those are the only things he spends his money on. In fact, most pple at work place now refer to him as drunken master. You will never see him buy clothes, shoes and other important stuffs, never! He has only one pair of shoes, and when he's tired of wearing it, he borrows mine.It really annoys me cos i wonder how someone who can't save money will be able to marry. Some said he's under a spell or something, but i don't know. And the guy is a nice guy, he has really helped me a lot.

***How do i help him now, what kind of advice can i give to him so he will change for the better?? Mature responses needed.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by akinloluwao: 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
If you want to help him, tell him to get married, by the time he sees responsibilities ehn his sense will correct. I used to be like him but I don't drink and I don't womanize like that. I will use all my money to buy clothes, shoes, gadgets etc spend on people as if I am Dangote's son. But now my sense don correct wella, I am always calculating now. Let him rent house first and settle down. Nobody go tell am

1 Like

Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Rickcutie:
***There is this friend of mine, we are very close, he spends most of his time in my house and we both work together. He has good work ethic, knows how to work hard and make money, but the problem is, he doesn't know how to manage or save money. He hates saving money, he has this believe that money is meant to be spent. His extravagant life is so bad that he is broke most of the time. He spends his salary on women and alcohol. Those are the only things he spends his money on. In fact, most pple at work place now refer to him as drunken master. You will never see him buy clothes, shoes and other important stuffs, never! He has only one pair of shoes, and when he's tired of wearing it, he borrows mine.It really annoys me cos i wonder how someone who can't save money will be able to marry. Some said he's under a spell or something, but i don't know. And the guy is a nice guy, he has really helped me a lot
***How do i help him now, what kind of advice can i give to him so he will change for the better?? Mature responses needed.

if you are a good friend, deciplined and believe in yourself tell him to give you vertain part of his salary to keep for him incase he goes broke.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by akinloluwao: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
If you want to help him, tell him to get married, by the time he sees responsibilities ehn his sense will correct. I used to be like him but I don't drink and I don't womanize like that. I will use all my money to buy clothes, shoes, gadgets etc spend on people as if I am Dangote's son. But now my sense don correct wella, I am always calculating now. Let him rent house first and settle down. Nobody go tell am grin grin grin
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by laphta(m): 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
i have a friend like that, he earns enough but spends it all on booze and cigarettes. i always try to help him by visualizing the future, chipping in projects he could invest in. helps him better than direct warnings.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by laphta(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
akinloluwao:
If you want to help him, tell him to get married, by the time he sees responsibilities ehn his sense will correct. I used to be like him but I don't drink and I don't womanize like that. I will use all my money to buy clothes, shoes, gadgets etc spend on people as if I am Dangote's son. But now my sense don correct wella, I am always calculating now. Let him rent house first and settle down. Nobody go tell am
Ah! Get married ke, from frying pan to fire.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
akinloluwao:
Exactly.. He can spend on me ehn. He can't live alone cos he will not be able to buy foodstuffs. He still live in his parents house but spends most of his time in my place.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 8:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
shoyemiayodeji:

if you are a good friend, deciplined and believe in yourself tell him to give you vertain part of his salary to keep for him incase he goes broke.
My brother, i've told him dat o and he trusts me very much. But He said there is no need for dat cos he said he will still collect d money immediately frm me or both of us will hav problem.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
laphta:
i have a friend like that, he earns enough but spends it all on booze and cigarettes. i always try to help him by visualizing the future, chipping in projects he could invest in. helps him better than direct warnings.
Hmm.. Nice one.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by UyiIredia(m): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Seems like your friend is intent on ruining himself. Let life knock him around a bit. No advice needed. He probably won't listen to it as usual.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by chigoizie7(m): 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
If u really want to help him? Stop him from using any of your stuffs.

If he does not have a house yet, pursue him commot from ur house.

Make him snap out of that comfort zone(u are his comfort zone, he knows that a real G always has his back, even when he is broke, u lend him, stop lending him shi shi)

The truth is, it will be very difficult to achieve because, ur mind no go fit do am, but try so hard to, @least u are helping him.

But b4 u do dat, make sure u make a video record of u and him( so drunk @ a particular date). And den, say all u intend to do to him, ranging from chasing him out of ur house,to never lending him anything, money or anything else, as u say it, get close to a TV set to capture any news channel of the day and also state why u ve to do it. After recording, end it by saying what u want to achieve by doing all u intend to do.

Den go ahead with ur actions. Once u start, he will start seeing u as an enemy of sort, but don't be detered until u achieve ur aims. Den give him d video record to watch.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by chigoizie7(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
I have a friend who is also running to me for money, but I made sure he pays me b4 he borrows another one, and @times, after paying me, I will still decline. Whenever he wears any of my clothes or shoes, I made sure he pay me an exact amount I bought the sure and den take dat thing. With time, he stopped borrowing, because he always pay back with interest. He stopped borrowing my clothes and shoes because he realised that he always pay me for already worn clothes and @ d exact amount I initially bought it. So instead of being cheated, he started buying for himself. The only difference here is that my friend knew he had such problems, and was looking for who to help him cut down on the excesses, when I started behaving the way I did, he saw it as a way of trying to help him out. I tot him that "when u borrow money from someone for a business and refuses to pay back, that sooner or later, u will be out of business because no one will ever want to lend to u, no one will even give u any goods on credit. He tot I was joking, he tried it and he folded up, he travelled to dubai, worked for sometime, raised some money and started all over again, but wiser, his only problem is women, I really don't know how to stop that for him.

Op, give ur friend a very bad treatment that he will never believe u can do such a thing to him.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by tosinjay(m): 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
Op i don't know how to word much but let me drop a few.
First the guy needs to figure out he needs to change. I have some tips through personal experience but i can't really explain them. The guy needs to stop his alcoholic habits, he needs a touch from God for that to end and then set his priorities right.

But op you're one of same kind as you can't save too so how will you carry out the help. If you're interested i can share my experiences so you talk to him.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 11:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
chigoizie7:
If u really want to help him? Stop him from using any of your stuffs.

If he does not have a house yet, pursue him commot from ur house.

Make him snap out of that comfort zone(u are his comfort zone, he knows that a real G always has his back, even when he is broke, u lend him, stop lending him shi shi)

The truth is, it will be very difficult to achieve because, ur mind no go fit do am, but try so hard to, @least u are helping him.

But b4 u do dat, make sure u make a video record of u and him( so drunk @ a particular date). And den, say all u intend to do to him, ranging from chasing him out of ur house,to never lending him anything, money or anything else, as u say it, get close to a TV set to capture any news channel of the day and also state why u ve to do it. After recording, end it by saying what u want to achieve by doing all u intend to do.

Den go ahead with ur actions. Once u start, he will start seeing u as an enemy of sort, but don't be detered until u achieve ur aims. Den give him d video record to watch.
Ok. Thanks man. will try dat
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
tosinjay:
Op i don't know how to word much but let me drop a few.
First the guy needs to figure out he needs to change. I have some tips through personal experience but i can't really explain them. The guy needs to stop his alcoholic habits, he needs a touch from God for that to end and then set his priorities right.

But op you're one of same kind as you can't save too so how will you carry out the help. If you're interested i can share my experiences so you talk to him.
how do u mean at colored? By d way u can share ur experience, i'm interested.
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 11:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
chigoizie7:
I have a friend who is also running to me for money, but I made sure he pays me b4 he borrows another one, and @times, after paying me, I will still decline. Whenever he wears any of my clothes or shoes, I made sure he pay me an exact amount I bought the sure and den take dat thing. With time, he stopped borrowing, because he always pay back with interest. He stopped borrowing my clothes and shoes because he realised that he always pay me for already worn clothes and @ d exact amount I initially bought it. So instead of being cheated, he started buying for himself. The only difference here is that my friend knew he had such problems, and was looking for who to help him cut down on the excesses, when I started behaving the way I did, he saw it as a way of trying to help him out. I tot him that "when u borrow money from someone for a business and refuses to pay back, that sooner or later, u will be out of business because no one will ever want to lend to u, no one will even give u any goods on credit. He tot I was joking, he tried it and he folded up, he travelled to dubai, worked for sometime, raised some money and started all over again, but wiser, his only problem is women, I really don't know how to stop that for him.

Op, give ur friend a very bad treatment that he will never believe u can do such a thing to him.
thanks
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by kvngveektour(m): 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Rick u be bad Frnd.u don come share my story for here abi.I must tell Nneka wetin u day do wift DAT girl wey dey d next street
Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Rickcutie(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2016
kvngveektour:
Rick u be bad Frnd.u don come share my story for here abi.I must tell Nneka wetin u day do wift DAT girl wey dey d next street
Lol.. See ya head

1 Like

Re: He Doesn't Know How To Manage Money, How Do I Help Him? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2016
One adage says SHOW ME YOUR FRIEND AND I WILL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE.

Just check out. true & false?

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Ever Fall In Love With people who show These Traits........never , Ever / Waiter Admits To "EJACULATING" Inside Food. / What Will You Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.