Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood (38480 Views)

Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) / Car Crashes Into A Canal In Ikorodu (Photos) / Taxi Falls In A Canal In Oke-sokori Abeokuta (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by cole265(m): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
That commentator is a wizard shocked

...sorry, that sounds complementary cool

Does a WITCH sound better?
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by UEDIBO: 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
those guys wey cover this clip are from the coven.

1 Like

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by ssultana(f): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
Oh my God,I got so scared when he fell....then when he got rescued,his actions got me so sad,I can't begin to imagine what must have been going through his mind,coming so close to dying,losing his bike,the fear.... whoa!!! Alhamdulillah always!

The bravery of the young man that went in after him is amazing.God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good one
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by bigerboy200: 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
....and some people were asking if he was a "mallam"..aka "aboki"....does that make him less of a human ?
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Blendy77(f): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nigerians are wonderful people. See the swift response to rescue a guy they don't even know. In a way we value life more than this yeye people protesting over gorilla. God bless all those who were involved in this rescue mission without expecting anythg in return
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by dammytosh: 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
The boy in white who saved the man is my Hero.

Against all advice not to go. He ensured the guy came out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Smh. Obviously staged.
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Vince77(m): 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Girlwithwings:
Omg omg. That was scary. I mean and instead of people to try rescue him immediately, all they could say in Yoruba was he will die, he will die.

In other news, if I was the one, I don't think any amount of flood can sweep me away grin

We know u cant be swept away. U will just fly cos u r the Girlwithwings.

1 Like

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by MadCow1: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Let's take a minute to salute the spirit of the brave guy who went in to check. That man is indeed worthy of praise and a reward.

That Man is a Nigerian hero.

I heard the language in the video and almost everyone was speaking yoruba which I don't really understand. But at some point in the video, I believe a discussion of the Okada riders tribe came up because I could hear something that sounded to me like "he is hausa" in the conversation. Tribe not withstanding they still went in and rescued him without any safety equipment or professional training.

God bless those Nigerians. Out of the warmest place in my heart I say thank you. Things like this give me faith that we can actually function as one Nation if we all genuinely put aside our differences and work towards a common goal. In this video, I saw Yoruba come together to save an Hausa man's life.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by agabaI23(m): 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Girlwithwings:
Omg omg. That was scary. I mean and instead of people to try rescue him immediately, all they could say in Yoruba was he will die, he will die.

In other news, if I was the one, I don't think any amount of flood can sweep me away grin
I agree,
I nwere insurance n'obi gi

1 Like

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Sanchase: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
The victim is lucky he is slim built, if he were be as fat as Wike and big belly like Rochas Okorocha forgetiti, he would av been history.
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by ataspray(m): 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
this video moved me to tears. In the midst of all the crisis in Nigeria, our humanity is very much intact. Kudos to the first brave man to get to the rescue, and the two who followed afterwards, risking their lives to save the bike man.

4 Likes

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by ataspray(m): 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
bigerboy200:
....and some people were asking if he was a "mallam"..aka "aboki"....does that make him less of a human ?
we need to quit tribalism honestly. the first reaction of a rational human on seeing another person in danger is to help! this is irrespective of race,tribe,religion etc. Lets all stop dividing ourselves.
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by ataspray(m): 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Let's take a minute to salute the spirit of the brave guy who went in to check. That man is indeed worthy of praise and a reward.

That Man is a Nigerian hero.

I heard the language in the video and almost everyone was speaking yoruba which I don't really understand. But at some point in the video, I believe a discussion of the Okada riders tribe came up because I could hear something that sounded to me like "he is hausa" in the conversation. Tribe not withstanding they still went in and rescued him without any safety equipment or professional training.

God bless those Nigerians. Out of the warmest place in my heart I say thank you. Things like this give me faith that we can actually function as one Nation if we all genuinely put aside our differences and work towards a common goal. In this video, I saw Yoruba come together to save an Hausa man's life.
you mirror my exact thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Bianda24: 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Girlwithwings:

you did not hear well. You better listen good next time.
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by ancientbanana: 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
idupaul:
The Narrator must be from a Coven..because everything thing he said just happened as he said it
d guy na serious wizard

1 Like

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by hooged: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
Check ur moniker

Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Hades2016(m): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
englishmart:
the guy no get weight?
Them no born flood to even shake me o
lol my brother pray make you no see heavy flood ooooo
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Exxit(m): 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Immatex:
This only goes to show how developmentally backwards Nigeria is. Imagine this happening in developed countries and the number first responders that will b on hand to manage matters professionally.

That man was just fortunate.
in developed countries, they just pull out their phones to record
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Lamor(f): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
dorocent:
hmmm. How wish na me born u, I for use u xchnge plate of tomatoes.. Brainless goat
Hahahaha...u bad o,a whole person for just a plate of tomatoes?haba,fear God.
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Darchangel(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=Girlwithwings post=46206083]Omg omg. That was scary. I mean and instead of people to try rescue him immediately, all they could say in Yoruba was he will die, he will die.

In other news, if I was the one, I don't think any amount of flood can sweep me away grin[/quote
I concur
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
The commentator is vuking hilarious...the water is boiling, e je ko lo aboki ni lmfao!
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Abeos(m): 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
The guy was just finishing talking that the flood was capable of overrunning a bike and d exact happened. Na wa o
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
The video savage af
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by spartacuz: 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
Girlwithwings:

That flood can't wash you into the canal nau... You too galant jare, love your hair. cool
Girlwithwings:

That flood can't wash you into the canal nau... You too galant jare, love your hair.
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by willibounce1(m): 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Fortissimo:
Smh. Obviously staged.

Bomb dey your head.
Re: Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood by appyola(f): 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
this move me to tears,God bless the guys dat pulled him out. Let's always be our brothers keeper

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Asked Russians To Tell Me The Capital Of Nigeria (africa Trivia Pictures) / Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / Airline Official Killed While Fixing Car By Roadside (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.