Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

FG Scraps Post-ume - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Scraps Post-ume (74446 Views)

Breaking! FG Scraps Tuition Fees In Federal Universities. / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Omotayor123(f): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
All VCs and Rectors go be like "FG don spoil our show sha" cheesy
You think they will agree All they will do is change the Name and Tactics.

I smell strike. smiley
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Sike(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nice one
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by IFAC(m): 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
The government explained that all tertiary institutions were at liberty to conduct screening for candidates seeking admission into any school.
confused statement!
what is the difference BTW postutme and screening?

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by romeoetin(m): 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
And the dullard government scrapped post ume. You just made admission more difficult bro
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ejomsuccess(m): 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
This could have been a good news if the exam was hitch-free, there was a lot of controversy in the exam. My opinion is Jamb should remark or reconduct another exam that won't have any controversy and then there should continue with the policy
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by engrchykae(m): 11:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
Paving the way for the dependants of quota system
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Kingstone32(m): 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
It seems those people rejoicing over the the scraping of putme are either secondary school students or merely children given birth to in the late 90s. Before you all starts commenting trash, ask your parents or older people abt admission during the pre- putme era. Then you'll understand. I don't talk much.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Elxandre(m): 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
bettercreature:
You are wrong! schools set Post UTME cut of mark according to the number of available slot and number of candidates that beat the particular scores,if you beat the scores you will get admitted that is 100%
School want best candidates so they will never deny you if you fly very high
No matter how poor your family is if you score very high,they'd have no choice than to add your name to first batch
You're wrong.

I know of a federal university that admitted close to 100, but not more than 20 made it through merit list.
They had insane cut offs that suited that 20, when they could have just made life easier by using cut offs instead of 'Connection' for the rest of the over 60%.
Nigeria is more evil than you think.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Davidchitah(m): 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
Why exempting UI, OAU nd Unilag......

Well the answer is simple; 3 best institutions in nigeria

Location; all in SOUTH WEST nigeria tongue

Wetin dis one dey talk?. Where Uniben and, ABU, UNN still dey??
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Elxandre(m): 12:09am On Jun 03, 2016
butanep:

Only dull students speak this way... have you written an international exams before Eg SAT or GRE. If you get below the required point, you are going no where. Education is standardised anywhere in the world.

If one is not sound academically, he/she should go for vocational schooling.
SAT is the equivalent of JAMB.

Why is there no Post-SAT?

Abeg....

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by butanep(m): 12:22am On Jun 03, 2016
Elxandre:

Abeg....

That is because SAT exams is not corroded with series of malpractices like JAMB.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by JohnQueen(m): 12:32am On Jun 03, 2016
Too much exams in this country. The most annoying one is the JSSCE. They even give certificates just like the SSCE. People that could not continue to senior school could work with it. It is totally useless these days. That should be up next for review.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ihec(m): 1:15am On Jun 03, 2016
Thank God I got 181 in jamb nd applied 4 fencing and. Wireing 4 UI. Nd Godwin. Cos. I go get am grin
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Mbkite(m): 5:40am On Jun 03, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
Why exempting UI, OAU nd Unilag......

Well the answer is simple; 3 best institutions in nigeria

Location; all in SOUTH WEST nigeria tongue
Go and carry Cup at Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abeokuta.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by samsono30: 6:39am On Jun 03, 2016
ganisucks:
Another example of talking before thinking. PostUme was set up by a law, and can only be stopped after wide consultations between NASS and the respective tertiary institutions. This government is clueless, unintelligent and useless. ASUU strike loading.

You are a wicked fellow. Pls tell me the use of post ume after passing your jamb? Do you know the number of people this post ume have affected? This post ume is just an avenue for the university authorities to enrich themself. So its a good move by the government in tackling another sector that is corrupt. Pls next time if you dont have something reasonable to contribute to nairaland just read n learn from other people's opinion.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by tharaomo(f): 7:04am On Jun 03, 2016
menix:
Thank God ooo!!!, with my 181 i will get admitted into UNILAG to study medicine...
dream on my dear
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Alixe(f): 7:16am On Jun 03, 2016
[quote author=Unblockable post=46208123]

What's this one saying? Pls can you provide us with the section of the Constitution that says anything about Post-UTME? Pls do help me with it because I don't have the copy on my phone right now. Besides, stop blaming this Government over nothing. It makes you look like an unserious fellow.[/You spoke my mind]
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2016
THIS IS EXCEEDINGLY DANGEROUS!
. I will just state my facts:
1) Jamb is not a credible exam
2) People score 200 and go to schools and ace their courses
3) Jamb should not be used for admission cause its a chance exam...the best student in my set failed and even the dullards had 206
4) I have a friend who scored low in jamb even when I knew she deserved up to 320...she's now in Howard on scholarship..
5) the best student in Oyo state had less than 240 in jamb but scored 100 in Ui, in yr1 physics
6) most of the smartest dudes in Nigeria end up having low marks in jamb yet they ebd up with badass GPS
7) if not for putme,they would have been slyed for admission
cool schools like Ui will now revert to their very difficult admission process, which means: no more admission for u if u didn't cheat wella in olevel with multiple As
9) a credit students will no longer be able to gain admission for courses like med and law etc,
10) I saw a guy during my clearance in ui with just 6 credits, 240 in jamb, but 82% in put me, who gained admission for MBBS, this will no longer happen
11) finally, I'll use myself, I had a low score in jamb but ended up being among the highest scorers in d put me, scoring far more than people with 280, 290
12) this will finish up many students chances of admission, mark me, if it was bad b4, its now worse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2016
juininho:
3) Jamb should not be used for admission cause its a chance exam...the best student in my set failed and even the dullards had 206
4) I have a friend who scored low in jamb even when I knew she deserved up to 320...she's now in Howard on scholarship..
5) the best student in Oyo state had less than 240 in jamb but scored 100 in Ui, in yr1 physics
6) most of the smartest dudes in Nigeria end up having low marks in jamb yet they ebd up with badass GPS
cool schools like Ui will now revert to their very difficult admission process, which means: no more admission for u if u didn't cheat wella in olevel with multiple As
9) a credit students will no longer be able to gain admission for courses like med and law etc,
10) I saw a guy during my clearance in ui with just 6 credits, 240 in jamb, but 82% in put me, who gained admission for MBBS, this will no longer happen
11) finally, I'll use myself, I had a low score in jamb but ended up being among the highest scorers in d put me, scoring far more than people with 280, 290
12) this will finish up many students chances of admission, mark me, if it was bad b4, its now worse
Lyk seriously!!! I tell u

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by hydel(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Hmn, their is fire on d mountain oh, student will suffer this most, their decision won't work IJN
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by HonabFaj(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
butanep:

What are you even saying? Why didn't you use the waec results to gained admission in top schools in the US, UK and Canada, if then nor throw away your clueless waec result.

Schools must be standardised. That's the reason America education is producing quality personnel that have changed the world today. If you don't get certain score in SAT, top schools in America wouldn't even listen to you not to talk about giving you admission.

Schools like MIT and Harvard test foreign candidates even after meeting the requirement because they have standard.

Your school must me one of the road side university. Don't be offended, I just spoke my mind.

Mr.Man get my message clear ,its a simple sentence ,america or europe is not the only place best Education can be taught ,Google is there for
butanep:

What are you even saying? Why didn't you use the waec results to gained admission in top schools in the US, UK and Canada, if then nor throw away your clueless waec result.

Schools must be standardised. That's the reason America education is producing quality personnel that have changed the world today. If you don't get certain score in SAT, top schools in America wouldn't even listen to you not to talk about giving you admission.

Schools like MIT and Harvard test foreign candidates even after meeting the requirement because they have standard.

Your school must me one of the road side university. Don't be offended, I just spoke my mind.

Mr.Man get my message clear ,its a simple sentence ,america or europe is not the only place best Education can be taught ,Google is there for you,for more info about my school ASK Google ,SAT nor TOEFL is not the basic means admission oversea

,for more info about my school ASK Google ,SAT nor TOEFL is not the basic means admission oversea

senr
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by gryhusky(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2016
wow so happy ..with my 214 i will gain in udusok. pol sci in my nind
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ojeota(f): 8:13am On Jun 03, 2016
butanep:

Only dull students speak this way... have you written an international exams before Eg SAT or GRE. If you get below the required point, you are going no where. Education is standardised anywhere in the world.

You are the dull one here. The fact that someone is not academically sound does not mean he/she not be given an opportunity. Like i said earlier education is just a Platform to leverage on.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Snow30: 8:17am On Jun 03, 2016
This is credible bull shyte!!! Nigeria is still far from from real education standard. From a scale of 1 to 10, having post utme and jamb was a 0.9 , now scrapping post utme and leaving jamb is a 1.2 over 10.

This is "minimally" better than the former. But with a lot of issues. This will only favour more connection.

Now why Nigeria is still far. We spend 3 years in high school preparing for WASSCE, and the passing score is 5 credits , can you imagine! While we spend barely 2 months preparing for JAMB and POST UTME and that determines our outcome in admission. That is outright rubbish.

Really with whats going on, if i would have known i would have played in class from ss1 to ss3 and scrapped all my Ass and gotten just C's and i will have been set for admission. What they are saying is that there is minimal credit for something you spend your whole life preparing for. They should give more credit to WAEC.

Personally, they should scrap Jamb to, each University should create their own standards. Whether part of it entails you to write an entrance exam. Even some countries like Japan, Russia require entrance exams, Even America requires SAT. But maximum credibility is given to school leaving certificates like WAEC, IGCSE,. your transcripts, essays, testimonials, leadership qualities.
I mean Nigeria should pick this up. Arent they wondering what they do wrong that people perform more when they go abroad to study. More emphasis should lie on the real deal not some shitty exam that the smart people get low marks in.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Snow30: 8:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Elxandre:

Abeg....

SAT is entirely different. Plus not all schools in America require SAT. Plus you can rewrite SAT up to 6 times a year

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jemmiee(f): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2016
juininho:
Exactly my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Snow30: 8:35am On Jun 03, 2016
butanep:

I see your the dull one here. Either you are ignorant or using other people's ignorance.

Only lower ranked schools put minimal marks for SAT in America. And there are only a hand full of them. The rest even the top schools don't put minimum marks for GPA or standardised test scores like SAT.

Have you ever heard of holistic approach in the admissions process? Clearly you haven't! Most schools in America use holistic approaches, ESPECIALLY THE TOP SCHOOLS. You must be a best fit for them. They take into consideration your, SAT score, GPA, transcript, testimonial, letters of recommendation, extra curricular activities, ESSAYS, First generation college student, URM, and many other categories. And Nigeria should do this to.

Not all schools require SAT, it is optional to send them and i don't mean low schools. I mean top schools like Bates, Wesleyan, Skidmore, i can list a lot more..... More schools are even taking the test optional way because they are realising that you can't quantify a student by a 3 hours test. A transcript and GPA, is much better for that.

I know of people with full scholarship to top schools that got about 1800-1900/2400, which is below the school's SAT average, but they have stellar transcripts and GPA, Essays and extra curricular. And the schools they got into require SAT OO. American schools want to see what makes you tick.

Unlike Nigeria that if you get 180 in Jamb, and shagged post it me but you have alp A's in WAEC and transcript, you will surely stay home for one year. Pfft!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by danxzy: 8:48am On Jun 03, 2016
Good news. that means no too much expenses/Exams to enter university.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Snow30: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2016
gryhusky:
wow so happy ..with my 214 i will gain
in udusok. pol sci in my nind

Am not trying to be the person of bad bearing news, but you do know each university has carrying maximum capacity? Even do the minimum score is 180, they can only accept a certain amount of people.

Now how many people do you think got above 210, 220 or had your score or even 250? See.... Now the best thing Nigerian universities can do is to lay more emphasis on WAEC, cause if they don't how will they choose those that will be admitted? Unless they want to rely on connection and money?
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by davbravo(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
Buhari self!

Well not my concern.
must you blame Buhari for Everything, this decision wasn't made by him.....
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Esso95(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2016
wealthyprince:
It is a good news because many universities have turned post UME into a money making venture. It came with a good intention but the intention was high jacked by business minded individual. and a bad news because admission will be competitive and may involve some connections. As for me i support the scrapping. Post Jamb exposes the candidate to the risk of life, waste money, waste time and energy.
Are you this dull?
Just shut up!
You make enough sense keeping silent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / Veritas University: A Look At The School Fees Structure (photos) / WAEC 2020: Meet Ogwubie Chikemzi Praise Who Made Parallel A's In Her WAEC Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.