Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Cave Turned Into A Church In Egypt, 70,000+ Gather Every Week - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cave Turned Into A Church In Egypt, 70,000+ Gather Every Week (619 Views)

250,000 Gather For Program Organized By Just Christ Embassy Lagos Zone 2 [PICS] / Video Of The "Flying Bird That Turned Into A Woman In Port Harcourt" / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cave Turned Into A Church In Egypt, 70,000+ Gather Every Week by aalangel(f): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
Cave church in Egypt is one of the largest church in the country, a place where more than 70,000 christians gather every week to worship and praise the name of Jesus.

Being in the Arabic world, surrounded by all Islam dominated countries, it is very hard to maintain the custom and continue their coptic culture. Yet, their uncompromising faith to gather and praise the ‘Name that’s Above Every Other Name’ “Jesus” in the Cave Church.

A special arabic song ‘Emmanuel” is sung by almost 70,000 in the cave church gives goosebumps to people to hear it.

Churches in Egypt have seen their communities decline in recent years as Egypt has faced political turmoil, a slumping economy and a growing militant insurgency. The exodus of christians has intensified fears for the future for Christianity in the Middle East (Arab World), as some now worry for the fate of Egypt’s Christians, one of the world’s oldest Christian communities.

“Mostly they’re travelling to US to find better opportunities because of uncertainties in Egypt,” said Rev. Markos Ayoub, a priest who leads the Sunday liturgy at St. Mark in English. “It’s not easy to be a Coptic Christian in the Middle East these days considering the militant insurgency in Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Cave Turned Into A Church In Egypt, 70,000+ Gather Every Week by annunaki2(m): 7:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jesus christ said he will build his church and the gates of hell(islam) shall not prevail against it. The devil is a liar and islam can never prevail.

1 Like

Re: Cave Turned Into A Church In Egypt, 70,000+ Gather Every Week by Amberon11: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
True!!! @ annunaki The gates of hell (Islam), will never prevail.
Christo vive - Christ lives (Spanish) Didi Madloba - Thank you Lord (Georgian)
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Testimony Part 1; How I Was Called To The Ministry / Should I Return My Pastors Money. / Please I Need Advice ,am Confuse To Do The Calling I Don't Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.