Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does (68967 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Ondo Workers Rejoice As Governor Akeredolu Pays Salary / See Pictures Of The Sorrowful State Of The Only State Library In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Duru009(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2016
Here in Chevron Nigeria....
Our salary is paid on 18th of every month.

Infact we collect three salary
On 18th- monthly salary
On 20th-Upkeep allowance
On 21st- Profit sharing.

Thank you Jesus.
Its a dream JOB for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by oostin: 10:20am On Jun 03, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Its because of all the illegal taxation levied on the occupants of the state.....
Then why don't they relocate to their own states where there is no "illegal taxation".
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by YourNemesis: 10:21am On Jun 03, 2016
oostin:

You just destroyed your brilliant response by ending it with the same "your people", "my people" argument you were trying to counter.
We all look forward to the day when Nigerians will make their point without the usual ethnic and religious bigotry.

I was simply calling him out on the obvious. No time for pretending.
Everyone who is not a child knows that is what his real grouse with Lagos is, and nothing else.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by goodforsomthing: 10:31am On Jun 03, 2016
Chuksemi:
This is good. I think every Governor should emulate this.

Most of the Governors always like to pay salary early but when there is no money to pay what did you expect them to do.

that is government problem,let me go and make some cool money on Naijabet to solve my own problem. you are invite too

wink cheesy shocked cool
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Ugoebuka47: 10:32am On Jun 03, 2016
Dem use tribalism do u?which one is because it's in yorubaland?Lagos gave an Igbo man house of rep seat without even considering tribe or anything,seriously d path we the youths are taking now needs caution,just correct what he said and leave tribe out of it.Na wa ooo
YourNemesis:

Who is congratulating Lagos at the detriment of others, are you okay?
This has nothing to do with being Blacks or Nigerians if not..... London won't be the epicenter of the UK, Paris won't dominate in France, Moscow won't be the alpha and omega of Russia, Cairo won't be the King of Egypt and countless other examples around the world. Lagos isn't even as dominant in Nigeria as Bangkok is in Thailand or Mexico City is in Mexico. So just tell us you have serious self esteem problems, and stop sounding sooo dumb.

Na lagos talk say Nigerian states like no pay salary? Even the oil rich ones like Bayelsa are having wahala.... and you are still blaming Lagos for your woes.
The only other pace in Nigeria where anything similar to a "Lagos" could ever emerge is currently being ravaged by Militancy and insecurity. By the time you come to the realization that Lagos is a self sustaining state that runs its own destiny independent of the Federal Government, I pray it wouldn't be too late for you by then.

If only you were sincere, you would say the whole truth, because we all know that the only issue you have with Lagos is because it is located in Yorubaland. If the same scenario was to play itself out somewhere in the East, you wouldn't be here calling nigerians or blacks politically inept or administratively challenged people. Moreover, if your people lack admin skills, my people definitely do not.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Nweike1: 10:33am On Jun 03, 2016
kodded:
what about cross river state undecided ?
exactly the same question I had
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Litmus: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2016
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img][/quote]

This picture is now a huge dump of horse manure. the current crises in Nigeria right now as exemplified by the Niger Delta is the result of people power. It has long been said that the majority of people in any one nation are dumb and informed by sentiments such as lies, bitterness, jealousy half understood facts, selfishness and many more. Those thieves running around blowing up the Nations asset and destroying the environment of the delta are the progeny of social media where ordinary people are supreme. I doubt they would have gone as far as they have gone or feel so embolden to destroy the environment without social media support. They are in fact the result of people power and people power without selfless intellectual guidance is anarchy.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by SSaemoenl(m): 10:38am On Jun 03, 2016
What are they doing that they are been paid for?
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Litmus: 10:42am On Jun 03, 2016
People power not government power beheaded that old woman in the north yesterday, people power murdered the Alu students, people power is crap. In fact one of the foundations of democracy is the realization that mob rule leads to destruction and is often unjust.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Veraphina(f): 10:46am On Jun 03, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2016
santity100:
It is very painful that most states are unable to pay salaries for some months and even the oil rich states with huge allocations are in this category.

Despite all this Lagos State Government has continued to pay salary to its public servants on the 23rd or 22nd on every month and recently leave allowance was paid to public servant.

Kudos to Lagos State Government !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos to Governor Ambode !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lagos state had no choice because the revenue it generate alone can feed some states
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by YourNemesis: 10:51am On Jun 03, 2016
Ugoebuka47:
Dem use tribalism do u?which one is because it's in yorubaland?Lagos gave an Igbo man house of rep seat without even considering tribe or anything,seriously d path we the youths are taking now needs caution,just correct what he said and leave tribe out of it.Na wa ooo

Personally Yorubas don't care that an Igbo man is a house of rep seat holder in Lagos, that is how it should be.... But when Igbos themselves start to make a big deal of it and start saying all kinds of thrash based on that like they've been doing, then Yorubas start to wonder if there is something more they are not seeing.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 03, 2016
nonstan:

Bro..just tie rope and end it..mtchw!
u Don baff?
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by omaguibu(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2016
Gov Ben Ayade of Cross River State paid May Salary on the first of May. June salary will soon be paid.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by ipreach: 10:56am On Jun 03, 2016
good for them there
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Olasimtech(m): 10:59am On Jun 03, 2016
Indeed very true and I'm a witness to this.

I'm one of the teachers that were recently emplyed by Lagos State Government. Our letter of Assumption of duty dated 18th April, 2016 and to the Glory of God, we received our first salary from Lagos State bursary on 21st May, 2016.

I hereby say a big THANK YOU to our amiable Governor, His Excellency, Akinwunmi Ambode on this great CHANGE. (I was filled joy when I receive d alert......LOLS).

LONG LIVE LAGOS STATE!
LONG LIVE GOVERNOR AMBODE!!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA UNION OF TEACHERS!!!

#itesiwaju Eko lojewalogun.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Angelb4: 11:07am On Jun 03, 2016
That's why we don't need FeeDeeFee. Agbaje should go and face his chemist.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Professurr(m): 11:08am On Jun 03, 2016
How much is the net pay of a grade level 8 teacher in Lagos state?
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Taryur3(m): 11:18am On Jun 03, 2016
I smell nonsense here.stop praising them...it's there duty to pay the civil servants right on time.apart form nigeria...I never hear of a country that owns there workers salary.am just thinking on how this poor people survived with there children
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by oostin: 11:19am On Jun 03, 2016
YourNemesis:

I was simply calling him out on the obvious. No time for pretending.
Everyone who is not a child knows that is what his real grouse with Lagos is, and nothing else.

I totally agree with you on the need for us not to pretend about what is going on in Lagos.

I'm from Delta State, my Mum is from Anambra State and I know that we'll never condone the arrogance some of our brothers display towards indigenous Lagosians but the truth is that two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by debuscket(m): 11:20am On Jun 03, 2016
ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state pays between 20-28 of every month for the previous month

SMH
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by vickodedon(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2016
Ooooh Kogi!!!! Tor
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by oloworulz(m): 11:32am On Jun 03, 2016
I respect my state for that. my salary is being paid on the 21st... I love my state. I rep lagos island-isale eko .....
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Chuksemi(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2016
goodforsomthing:

Most of the Governors always like to pay salary early but when there is no money to pay what did you expect them to do.

that is government problem,let me go and make some cool money on Naijabet to solve my own problem. you are invite too

wink cheesy shocked cool

Lol. True sha. Some governors should work on their IGR though. So they won't be too reliant on federal allocation.

No use pass 100 naira play Naijabet oh...
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Chuksemi(m): 11:39am On Jun 03, 2016
mamawin:
they all wish to, but..... you know now, kudi, owo, ego, money. na im no gree o

Yes, though. Sometimes they have money, but due to corruption, they hoard it. Some even steal from it.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Chuksemi(m): 11:44am On Jun 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by diplomatist: 11:48am On Jun 03, 2016
[quote author=santity100 post=46210597]It is very painful that most states are unable to pay salaries for some months and even the oil rich states with huge allocations are in this category.

Despite all this Lagos State Government has continued to pay salary to its public servants on the 23rd or 22nd on every month and recently leave allowance was paid to public servant.

Kudos to Lagos State Government !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos to Governor Ambode !!!!!!!!!!!!!

the day Lagos state falls into the hands of PDP, by the time they would be handling over, the state will be worse than Ekiti.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by mamawin(f): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
Chuksemi:

Yes, though. Sometimes they have money, but due to corruption, they hoard it. Some even steal from it.
not some, they all steal
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by mamawin(f): 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
Chuksemi:

Yes, yes. I pity Osun residents sometimes.
No pity osun civil servants, the man has indeed bitten more than he can chew. Now he's doing wonderful and great job especially on roads project, but people are hungry
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Agabs7(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
kodded:
what about cross river state undecided ?
That poster does not yet know that our governor pays us on the 19th.
The only Governor who pays every 19th & the only civil servants who, after paid on 19ths, still think that salaries will be paid on 31s.
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by mamawin(f): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
Olasimtech:
Indeed very true and I'm a witness to this.

I'm one of the teachers that were recently emplyed by Lagos State Government. Our letter of Assumption of duty dated 18th April, 2016 and to the Glory of God, we received our first salary from Lagos State bursary on 21st May, 2016.

I hereby say a big THANK YOU to our amiable Governor, His Excellency, Akinwunmi Ambode on this great CHANGE. (I was filled joy when I receive d alert......LOLS).

LONG LIVE LAGOS STATE!
LONG LIVE GOVERNOR AMBODE!!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA UNION OF TEACHERS!!!

#itesiwaju Eko lojewalogun.

congrats dude, start saving right from the beginning, my ten kobo
Re: Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does by Chuksemi(m): 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
mamawin:
No pity osun civil servants, the man has indeed bitten more than he can chew. Now he's doing wonderful and great job especially on roads project, but people are hungry

Of what use is a hungry workforce on a good road?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adamu Garba: Shekau’s Death Lesson To Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho / Thugs Destroy APC Vehicles In Edo (Photos) / Peter Obi: Life Is Not About Owning Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.