Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy (50282 Views)

Rabi'u Kwankwaso's Posters Flood Kano Over 2019 Polls (photos) / 8 Killed In Zamfara Over "Blasphemy Against Islam" / Nigerians React To Bridget Patience Agbaheme's Murder In Kano Over "Blasphemy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
zainabxel:

dude if you live in Kano, live on radio, they shade christians directly and indirectly, live on radio the say 'Jesus is not the son of God' tell me if i my head will still be intact if i say 'Mohammed is not the prophet of God'

When I tell Nigerians that Nigerian Christians are amongst the most intolerant group of people I have ever come across they answer me with "But we don't harm people physically like the Northerners". Maybe not, but your instigating actions always lead to death and carnage which is still about the same thing, if you ask me.

Now, why did I say that? Take the above post for example, because Muslims say "Jesus is not the son of God" you have taken umbrage . Why? Because you are intolerant! If you were tolerant, you'd have learned (or at least someone would've taught you) that even though Muslims do not believe Jesus is the son of God (or God. Or that God has a child, wife or human family) he is still revered in Islam and is (perhaps) second in importance to them after Prophet Muhammad.But automatically, you assumed that just because they do not believe EXACTLY as you believe they have to be wrong when the peaceful thing to do would've been seeing things from their own point of view and understanding why they believe what and how they believe.

If you're so upset over the fact that Muslims refuse to equate man with God, what then would you say about the Jews who don't believe Jesus was even a Prophet to talk of being a divine being? Give the Jews Jesus in 2016 and he will surely be crucified again.

The problem here is a lot of you don't take the time to read, and like typical Africans, rely on oral history which are most often wrong. You want knowledge? Open up a book and seek it out yourself. Otherwise all you'll always get are false/wrong info and you'll always end up looking unenlightened to well versed folk.
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by zainabxel(f): 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

When I tell Nigerians that Nigerian Christians are amongst the most intolerant group of people I have ever come across they answer me with "But we don't harm people physically like the Northerners". Maybe not, but your instigating actions always lead to death and carnage which is still about the same thing, if you ask me.

Now, why did I say that? Take the above post for example, because Muslims say "Jesus is not the son of God" you have taken umbrage . Why? Because you are intolerant! If you were tolerant, you'd have learned (or at least someone would've taught you) that even though Muslims do not believe Jesus is the son of God (or God. Or that God has a child, wife or human family) he is still revered in Islam and is (perhaps) second in importance to them after Prophet Muhammad.But automatically, you assumed that just because they do not believe EXACTLY as you believe they have to be wrong when the peaceful thing to do would've been seeing things from their own point of view and understanding why they believe what and how they believe.

If you're so upset over the fact that Muslims refuse to equate man with God, what then would you say about the Jews who don't believe Jesus was even a Prophet to talk of being a divine being? Give the Jews Jesus in 2016 and he will surely be crucified again.

The problem here is a lot of you don't take the time to read, and like typical Africans, rely on oral history which are most often wrong. You want knowledge? Open up a book and seek it out yourself. Otherwise all you'll always get are false/wrong info and you'll always end up looking unenlightened to well versed folk.

i swear you are a bloody hypocrite, you even dodged my question ok the muslims dont believe that jesus is the son of God right, the christians dont believe that mohammed is a prophet of God. so if the muslims say their view, we should understand, but if we say ours, we should be killed? are you shitting me?
you even want to compare islamic intolerance to that of christians? you're talking about people who'd burn churches and kill christians if a muslim converts to christianity, when have christians ever done such a thing in this country when the reverse happenS?

i've heard a lot of islamic preachings in this region, but i've never heard one that says 'do not kill non muslims' so i assumed it was legal, untill the internet came and i saw the views of some less fanatical muslims condeming such actions with quotes from the quran.
tell you what, busses full of Izala muslims came to my hometown once, which is a predominantly Christian town, and they where chanting 'laila a ilala, mun shigo garin arna' they were jogging round the town and chanting this, nobody lifted a finger on them pls tell me what will happen if some christians do such a thing in a muslim majority town.....

Muslims only started condemning the killing of christians when boko haram started biting them in the as*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by mukhcech(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
Amberon11:
I can only wish you speedy recovery from your mental illness.

I wish you same. Now get off my mention.
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
zainabxel:

i swear you are a bloody hypocrite, you even dodged my question ok the muslims dont believe that jesus is the son of God right, the christians dont believe that mohammed is a prophet of God. so if the muslims say their view, we should understand, but if we say ours, we should be killed? are you shitting me?
If that's what you got from all my posts....

P.S: I don't see a question that I dodged. All I see is where you called me ignorant in the previous post, then continued, like a truly tolerant christian with the insults in this one.
Oh, and the fact that you edited the post and added more undiscernible ramblings.
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by matrix199(m): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
ikennaf1:

have you ever insulted Allah in their presence before?

Why on earth would I insult their God? I'm too civilized and educated for that.

But you could go insult the mother of a non-religious tout hustling in Oshodi and see if he would take it likely with you.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by zainabxel(f): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

P.S: I don't see a question that I dodged. All I see is where you called me ignorant in the previous post, then continued, like a truly tolerant christian with the insults in this one.
Oh, and the fact that you edited the post and added more undiscernible ramblings.
i even added more, pls chew on that, waiting for what you'll say about that
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
zainabxel:
i even added more, pls chew on that, waiting for what you'll say about that
Read all I've posted, and read what you posted;

If you were me would you further a discussion with you?
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by zainabxel(f): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

dude i've been called kafr and arne a lot of times, 'ignorant' is not something you should take too serious

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by zainabxel(f): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Read all I've posted, and read what you posted;

If you were me would you further a discussion with you?

lmao! actually i didn't expect you to have anything else to say, you were trying to prove how worse christians are in terms of intolerance, provocation, and violence, i was pointing out your flaws with current and perpetual occurrences. i thought you'd try to cleverly deviate and bring up something else. kudos
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by humilitypays(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

As an African Chrisitian (and like most Christians to be honest) you do not understand your own religion and will only go with what we feed you from the West(ern media) so your line of reasoning is totally understandable. And whether you believe it or not, Christian leaders and their Nations, have done more damage and carried out more carnages than their Middle Eastern counterparts will ever dream of doing. My only advise is that you read more.

Well, people kill and carry out mass shootings out here occasionally in Jesus' name. And---believe it or not--- blaspheming against Jesus in an Islamic society is also punishable by death...

If only you people would take the time to read you wouldn't be so clueless.

But you will gladly steal in his name.

You will invade countries, steal resources, enslave a whole Race, depose Presidents, overthrow Governments, destroy countries, disrupt whole Regions and wipe out entire lineages in his name?

Read more before you start throwing unfounded accusations.

Maybe, just maybe, because you Christians are always poking at them? Maybe because your friend did not go to New Delhi or Beijing, take a sh*t in their Mandir, then proceed to wipe her bu*tt with a page from the Tripitaka or Vedas? Maybe because your Christians friends that are insistent on provocation did not go to China or India to lambast Brahminism or Siddhartha Gautama?

Since you've "never heard that a Christian or group of Christians killed someone because the person abused Jesus Christ" doesn't that tell you that you're the provocateurs? Doesn't that go to show that others are tolerant of your beliefs while you're not of theirs?

I ask Muslims questions I want to know about their religion and none has ever attempted to take my life. Who knows, maybe its because I seek knowledge in a respectful manner? Maybe its because I don't condescend on their beliefs and I don't wipe my a** with pages of the Quran? You never know--- and Im just guessing here--- maybe people treat you with respect when you treat them with respect? You know, the whole "Respect is reciprocal" schtick?

And as for them being terrorists, if you care to read more you'll find out that they were created by Christian Governments, sponsored by them and were the cause effects of greedy Christian nations encroaching into Middle Eastern Politics and destabilizing the whole Region for their own selfish interests.
Stop compiling nonsense to justify your fellow killers! Take Nigeria for example, when have u heard that a Christian or group of Christians killed a Muslim or Hindu or Budha for blasphemy against Jesus Christ or Christianity Muslim/Islamic doctrines encourage killing of non-Muslims aand violence, take it or leave, the world know better! Bye

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
zainabxel:

lmao! actually i didn't expect you to have anything else to say, you were trying to prove how worse christians are in terms of intolerance, provocation, and violence, i was pointing out your flaws with current and perpetual occurrences. i thought you'd try to cleverly deviate and bring up something else. kudos
I'm not tongue tied,its just that I went through your old posts and I know a thorough waste of time when I see one.
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by queencalipso(f): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
mukhcech:

pls dont mix it up. They didn't kill her because she is igbo but because she was stupid enough to abuse someones loved one.

So if you abuse someone loved one, you should be killed Abi? Why can't you abuse her loved one back or better still beat her instead of killing her. You people are just so barbaric. Killing g for a supposed god.
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by dazzlinglyme: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
ndi ugwu ndi ara
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by zainabxel(f): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
I'm not tongue tied,its just that I went through your old posts and I know a thorough waste of time when I see one.
hahahahha, i believe you! go and sin no more grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by ancientbanana: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
And a irrational thinking person will blame secessionist for wanting to leave these blood sacking demons. Northerners are worse than the devil
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by zainabxel(f): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
hold up! by my old posts you mean outside this topic?
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by chiedu7: 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
Man the north are such a blood thirsty bunch of people sad
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by Ahmedhussain3463: 1:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
Menace2Society:
Ahmed I'm truly sorry about that but can u blame me angry
i cant blame u bro i most state dis fact|bt i also condem their act is strongest term|becos u dnt kill people for blasphemism|and u cnt expcect uniformity in religion idiocy|i get u bro ,u made dt statement out of provocation becos dos guys are quick to put laws in their own hands|af if we dnt av muslems in south|
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by donphilopus: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
@Mynd44, Seun, Lalasticlala, shouldn't this be moved to Islam for Muslims section? This doesn't have anything to do with Politics!
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by MENELIK1: 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
Owliver:
these things happen in Saudi, Isis territory , Iran, iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Syria, Lydia, Omar, Pakistan, Afghanistan, northern Nigeria . and you in Yoruba land thinks you are the correct one for not finding it OK. what a joke.
How do you know who is a better Muslim when you are not a Muslim? Indonesia has the highest population of Muslims in the world yet they are peaceful, stop judging Islam on the basis of political crises in the middle east after all, Rwanda genocide wasn't blame on Christians
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by mukhcech(m): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
queencalipso:

So if you abuse someone loved one, you should be killed Abi? Why can't you abuse her loved one back or better still beat her instead of killing her. You people are just so barbaric. Killing g for a supposed god.

I would never abuse someone loved one. The Bolded is ur own level of love for the person you claim to love and ur own desired perception of what the punishment should be. MORAL DEMANDS not to abuse people who have done no harm to us. NOW THE QUESTION: What ever reason do you have abuse or blaspheme someones loved one or diety?
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by Ahmedhussain3463: 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
So you dont know you guys are very primitive You need your prophet to come and tell you that?
lol, d people u call primitive establishing rullership on u since independence and also dictating ur political,socio economic and security life|am sori bro look for anoda adjective to qualify dem primitive does nt befit

1 Like

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by mukhcech(m): 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
donphilopus:
@Mynd44, Seun, Lalasticlala, shouldn't this be moved to Islam for Muslims section? This doesn't have anything to do with Politics!

No I dont agree with you. It Should be moved to Christians Section since it was because a loosed christian mouth we are having this news. Yeye dey Smell.

Your Post is the reason why this thread is on the politics sections.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
Smh!

Tragic!
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by Uricas(m): 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lilimax:
This evil religion and their followers again undecided?
You alway lose it when it comes to religion issues, why?

1 Like

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by HammerEvery(f): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

SouthEastern Nigerians said similar/worse about the Northerners in encouragement to GEJ when he refused to lift a finger as Boko Haram ravaged them. The hate, distrust and disunity you all encouraged is coming back to bite you.

This oshogbo man still claims he is from yankee. Damn! Do you ever get sober from smoking that weed? grin
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by queencalipso(f): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
mukhcech:

I would never abuse someone loved one. The Bolded is ur own level of love for the person you claim to love and ur own desired perception of what the punishment should be. MORAL DEMANDS not to abuse people who have done no harm to us. NOW THE QUESTION: What ever reason do you have abuse or blaspheme someones loved one or diety?
@your question, the news said there was a religious argument. Note: what you termed blasphemous may not be blasphemy to someone else. The woman in question may not even know that she committed a blasphemy if not, I don't think she would be foolish enough to say such in the midst of Muslims especially the Hausa's. In such case what you are suppose to do is to correct her or show your anger in what ever way you choose but definitely not killing her. Nothing justifies the taking of life which you can't create especially something as silly as abusing a loved one. Haba!!!

Look I can feel what that woman went through and am telling you with all certainty that if she knew that what she said would be termed blasphemy she wouldn't have said it. I was born and raised in the north, am currently still in the north and I speak Hausa like its my second dialect;; I know hausas like the back of my palms, any thing that goes contrary to Mohammed believe and way of life is termed blasphemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by HammerEvery(f): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
This is ONE of the reasons this country must divide. The muslim north believe they have the power of life and death over the others when the SE and SS reacts their lackeys in yorubaland will start fighting for the muslim north against the christian SESS and telling about 'One nigeria' because they what the fulanis will do to oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by rabzy: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

As an African Chrisitian (and like most Christians to be honest) you do not understand your own religion and will only go with what we feed you from the West(ern media) so your line of reasoning is totally understandable. And whether you believe it or not, Christian leaders and their Nations, have done more damage and carried out more carnages than their Middle Eastern counterparts will ever dream of doing. My only advise is that you read more.

Well, people kill and carry out mass shootings out here occasionally in Jesus' name. And---believe it or not--- blaspheming against Jesus in an Islamic society is also punishable by death...

If only you people would take the time to read you wouldn't be so clueless.

But you will gladly steal in his name.

You will invade countries, steal resources, enslave a whole Race, depose Presidents, overthrow Governments, destroy countries, disrupt whole Regions and wipe out entire lineages in his name?

Read more before you start throwing unfounded accusations.

Maybe, just maybe, because you Christians are always poking at them? Maybe because your friend did not go to New Delhi or Beijing, take a sh*t in their Mandir, then proceed to wipe her bu*tt with a page from the Tripitaka or Vedas? Maybe because your Christians friends that are insistent on provocation did not go to China or India to lambast Brahminism or Siddhartha Gautama?

Since you've "never heard that a Christian or group of Christians killed someone because the person abused Jesus Christ" doesn't that tell you that you're the provocateurs? Doesn't that go to show that others are tolerant of your beliefs while you're not of theirs?

I ask Muslims questions I want to know about their religion and none has ever attempted to take my life. Who knows, maybe its because I seek knowledge in a respectful manner? Maybe its because I don't condescend on their beliefs and I don't wipe my a** with pages of the Quran? You never know--- and Im just guessing here--- maybe people treat you with respect when you treat them with respect? You know, the whole "Respect is reciprocal" schtick?

And as for them being terrorists, if you care to read more you'll find out that they were created by Christian Governments, sponsored by them and were the cause effects of greedy Christian nations encroaching into Middle Eastern Politics and destabilizing the whole Region for their own selfish interests.

Very interesting viewpoint but flawed severally imo. Both xtians and Muslims have committed atrocities in the name of Religion. Trying to portray it as if its strictly or majorly a xtian thing is wrong. Wealthy Arabs still keep slaves till date, black Malians, Senegalese families are still slaves to Arab owners till date. Muslim caliphates were the first to launch expansionist jihads in Egypt Lebanon, Syria, Libya Morocco up to Spain. Constantinople used to be capital of the Christian byzantine empire but became capital of the Ottoman Empire. The first standing army of the caliphate were made of Janisaries, an elite brilliant fighting force but these guys were not Muslims they were kidnapped Christian boys from xtian lands who were forcefully conscripted and turned into an Islamic fighting force. While xtianity spread predominantly by preaching in the first 500 to 800 years of its history, the same cannot be said of Islam. Islam was predominantly spread by sword from inception.

The brutal expansionist conquest of lands and forceful conversions by xtian kings were inspired more by economic concerns than by religious reasons. While the major reason for Islamic conquest has been religious.

When I was in public pry school in lagos, Friday assemblies were done in an Islamic fashion, there were songs we all learnt and sang that clearly was against the 'people of the book' xtians and Jews. As little as I was I knew it was a provocative song.
In OAU campus then, many times on resumption we meet provocative banners body displayed on roads by mssn such as 'is your Lord dead, try Allah the ever-living God' 'you may be born again a thousand times but if you don't die a Muslim, it is a waste'. I grew up in Agege surrounded by mosques, I have heard a scores of 'waasi' by traveling Muslim scholars with their entourage that were totally dedicated to bashing Christians done right on the street continuing late into the night. I don't think any xtian preacher can do that or survive the attempt in any part of Nigeria except maybe in the east, but no xtian preacher does that. I have seen books in the hands of Muslim friends that purport to show errors in the Bible, I have not seen similar books carried around by xtian guys here that highlights perceived errors in the Quran. Let me pause here.
So your take on this is totally skewed by my experiences and history.

5 Likes

Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by Lilimax(f): 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
Uricas:

You alway lose it when it comes to religion issues, why?
How do you mean? undecided
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by theDEVILisHERE: 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
todaynewsreview:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/breaking-news-mob-behead-woman-kano-blasphemy/

How can any Igbo person in his or her right mind still be living in that cursed place called Kano

Why is it so hard for black people to use their common sense?!!!
Re: Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy by SirREX94: 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
It sucks to be under dis ''CONTRAPTION''!
kenny987:
Demons n beasts in human form. This is supposed to be the one Nigeria where her life is not guaranteed because of a completely odd religion n culture she has nothing in common with. Remind me again why we should be under same name? Nonsense!

May her soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

School Feeding Women Sat Overnight For APC Rally In Mapo, Ibadan. Pics / Here Is The Photo Of Channels TV Reporter After He Was Stabbed In Okrika / APC Has No House Of Assembly Member In Imo State And Uzodinma Still Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.