Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors (4275 Views)

Poll: Is it right to treat indebtedness as a crime?

Yes, serves them right.: 34% (11 votes)
No, debt is a civil matter.: 65% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Waziri’s EFCC Initiated $6m No-trial Deal With Suspect, Says Adoke / Military Men Storm Abala Village In Search Of Lost Arms / Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2009
Repossession is generally used to refer to a financial institution taking back an object that was either used as collateral or rented or leased in a transaction. Note that repossession is a "self-help" type of action in which the party having right of ownership of the property in question takes the property back from the party having right of possession without invoking court proceedings.

This is usually done in accordance with a purchase contract or credit contract, in which the consumer agrees that the seller (the "lienholder"wink may repossess the object if the signers are past the grace period (generally for prime lenders the critical number is 30 days late making an installment payment but can vary based on how many payments have already been made, the length of the business relationship, reason why past due, etc.). Contracts that authorize repossession also usually specify additional fines that the consumer must pay to the seller, ostensibly to cover the seller's costs of the repossession and of depreciated value of the object, as the seller is now in possession of a "used" object. In some places self-help repossession is not permitted; the lien holder is required to go to court to obtain an order of replevin. However, in some states, repossession is mandatory and suits of replevin are not permitted.[citation needed]

If a lender finds itself in the situation of needing to repossess property while the borrower attempts to avoid this, the dealer may contract the work of repossession out to a repossession agent. Many things can be repossessed, but most repossession agencies focus on auto repossession.

The repo agent normally uses a tow truck or pickup truck with a special towing attachment, but sometimes they pick the lock or obtain the key from the car owner.

Usually the vehicle owner must be notified of a repossession. The repossession agent will find the car and check the VIN to make sure they have the right car. They will then hook up the car to the tow truck and tow it away or pick the lock and drive it away.

[edit]
U.S.

A provision of law, requires when repossession takes place, the lien holder has a non-delegatable obligation not to cause a Breach of the Peace (which is synonomous with disturbing the peace) in performing the repossession or the repossession will be reversed, and the party ordering the repossession will be liable for damages (or the lienholder will be held responsible). This requirement not to breach the peace includes even if the breach is caused by the debtor objecting to the repossession or resists the repossession. In the court case of MBank El Paso v. Sanchez, 836 S.W.2d 151, where a repossession agent towed away a car even after the loanee locked herself in it.The court decided that this was an unlawful breach of the peace and declared the repossession invalid. The debtor was also awarded $1,200,000 in damages from the bank.

Repossession does not necessarily satisfy the loan. If the repossessor sells the asset for an appropriate amount, and if that amount is less than the amount of the loan, and if the repossessor sues the debtor for the balance (plus reasonable fees if applicable) in a timely manner, the debtor will be liable to pay the balance. This is assuming that the debt is a recourse debt, and not a nonrecourse debt. [1]
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
i suppose western nations have the right to arrest Nigeria and other countries that haven't finished paying of their debts. maybe that was why OBJ paid the paris club - maybe Nigeria would have been invaded and sealed off.

debt defaulting is a LEGAL matter, not a criminal one .

most of you are going on like this because of beef for all those ' rich parasites'

i repeat, waziri is an olodo - 90% of those debts were never meant to be repaid immediately, but piecemeal. if any business was to repay all that money at once it would immediately fold up - where do you think the workers would be then?
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2009
@BAC & oyb,
your opinions above represent the typical wisdom of nigerians that have brought us this far in developments. most of us who had the priveledge and opportunities to be in the universities or travel to the uk do think they are in good positions to use and manipulate english language.
crime is crime and they fall under the anointing of efcc especially when the crime has to do with finance. be not decieved, what our so-called elites do is to gather the poor masses funds and use them to buy private jets while the poor ppl loose out in all rounds.
if what these fools committed are not crimes, what happens to those banks that went bankcrupt? nigeria has about 25 banks and 5 are been investigated so what is wrong with that? this has been the case with nigerian where ppl loose their deposits just no other than these so-called rich men.
it is high time these jimohs, dangotes and otedolas are told the game is over.
in other developed countries, these kind of conmen die in the prison yards while countries like china will sentence them to death.

the 'fools' as you call them did not commit crimes - the bankers were irresponsible in giving them the loans without following due diligence.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by chidichris(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2009
i suppose western nations have the right to arrest Nigeria and other countries that haven't finished paying of their debts. maybe that was why OBJ paid the paris club - maybe Nigeria would have been invaded and sealed off.

debt defaulting is a LEGAL matter, not a criminal one .

most of you are going on like this because of beef for all those ' rich parasites'

i repeat, waziri is an olodo - 90% of those debts were never meant to be repaid immediately, but piecemeal. if any business was to repay all that money at once it would immediately fold up - where do you think the workers would be then?

@oyb,
pls answer the following questions:
1. how does a bank go bankcrupt?
2. what is the implications of a failed bank as it concerns her costumers?
3. what do you think about mds giving loans to their pals and faily members at the detriments of the public who must have trusted them with their life savings?
4. if you are a in charge, would you rather allow these banks to go down or go after debtors?
5. how much money is bill gate owning american banks?
6. what is the relevance of loan to the banks and their costumers?
7. what do u think were the reasons behind failed banks in nigeria before and how do u reconcile that with the situations at hand?
8. what is ur definition of a limited liability company and how do you relate that to the risk eminent in the case of the costumers?
9. at what point do u think the cbn and the police shld step in for these distressed banks?
10. what is your opinion about bank costumers who stand the risk of loosing their life savings might these situation go from bad to worse?
11. if the rich men did not commit crimes and according to you, the mds were responsible for giving them loans without following the due process, do u think the law has no room for accomplish in any crime?

i read your post with interests and could see some senses in your thought hence i expect same level of maturity while you drop answers to these few questions of mine.

@topic,
cbn and efcc by what they are doing presently, are out to prove the need for nigeria not to spare the rod and spoil the child.
it is important that the interests of the bank costumers are protected by these law enforcement agents whose faith are always hanged in the balance in nigeria.
we hope that the masses will not suffer the same fate that they had suffered in the past with distressed banks.
rich men in other countries are known with philantropic gestures while the case in nigeria is to make sure nobody from the poor region joins the rich cadre by designing any and every frustrating moves including these ambigious loans to secure private jets.
a declaration of state of emergency on our banks will be a welcome development just to cut short this rich men madness.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
The lesson i am picking from this whole thing is that we are just a nation of complainers. We love to complain and do nothing or throw our hands in despair and imagine that God will svae us. Well this is as good as its going to get, some bold individuals are going to have to shake up the system and rid us opf this insane paople. Its not Government that is corrupt its the inividauls that make up the Government. Every individual who through his action or inaction sabotages the economic growth and development of this country deserves to be tried and punished, Corruption knos no tribe gender or religion, so enough with the stupid ethnic and religious talk.
Any body willing to be an economic sabotor should be ready to face the music. I get sicck when i see so called public commentators say so much rubbish about this issue, if these banks collapse the same foolish commentators will come and complain about the failure of the CBN. I suppoted Ribadau 100% and now i support Sanusi 100%. Desperat times calls for desperate measures. I know what i would have lost if Oceanic Bank had gone down. My personal account and my young company account. I know the rejection i went through trying to get a loan in the from my bank to start, they wouldnt give me alone even though i had met all the requirements . I sold a lot of my personal belongings, Shares, and assests including things left to me by my late mom for my wedding to realise my dream. So i would have been shattered if my bank went down. I am a share holder with the same bank and i endorse all measures by sanusi to recover all the money owed me as a share holder
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2009
1. how does a bank go bankcrupt?
2. what is the implications of a failed bank as it concerns her costumers?
3. what do you think about mds giving loans to their pals and faily members at the detriments of the public who must have trusted them with their life savings?
4. if you are a in charge, would you rather allow these banks to go down or go after debtors?

1) how did access bank and GTB go after their debtors? did they call in EFCC? . as per the first three questions, it is the MDs that are culpable for irresponsibility. they are the ones who made the decisions to provide unsecured loans to individuals running high risk schemes

5. how much money is bill gate owning american banks?

first of all bill gates has stepped down

http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/press/2009/may09/05-11statement.mspx?rss_fdn=Press%20Releases
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=lTw&q=microsoft+debt&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g5

as you can see, even microsoft has debt - debt is a antural consequence of modern business

6. what is the relevance of loan to the banks and their costumers?

where do you think those dividends and interest on savings accounts come from?

7. what do u think were the reasons behind failed banks in nigeria before and how do u reconcile that with the situations at hand?
8. what is your definition of a limited liability company and how do you relate that to the risk eminent in the case of the costumers?
9. at what point do u think the cbn and the police shld step in for these distressed banks?
10. what is your opinion about bank costumers who stand the risk of loosing their life savings might these situation go from bad to worse?
11. if the rich men did not commit crimes and according to you, the mds were responsible for giving them loans without following the due process, do u think the law has no room for accomplish in any crime?

why is collateral necessary? if i as a banker lend you large sums without collateral - i am liable - i am the guilty party.

i have stated before that i support sanusis's sacking of the CEOs, . the man knows what he is doing. waziri, on the other hand, is just looking for cheap popularity. the recovery of debts is a legal matter and not a criminal one. the fact that you organise soldiers to beat up someone who owes you money does not make mature or civilised.

the only part the police have to play is when a  bank obtains a court order to liquidate a debtors assets in the event that the debtor refuses to surrender the assets.

you people make a fine gallery for waziri. she has finally found an avenue where she can be celebrated - for doing the wrong thing.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by tarano: 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2009
debtors' prison! Nigeria is still in the middle ages, Government Lawenforcement agent arresting people for having debts,
Yes debtors were sold into slavery, thrown into prison, tortured, 500 years ago

Note: Debtors in Dubai and Greece can be imprisoned for failing to pay their debts to Banks or Corporate Bodies.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Ad4(m): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
Borrowing money from the bank is not a crime and being a deptor is not a crime either but taking a loan without  following the right order is a CRIME.EFCC has the right to investigate financial crimes and this has nothing to do with the court unless the bank wants to go thru the legal process.The law can only come in if EFCC is going beyond its boundries.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
Ad+:

Borrowing money from the bank is not a crime and being a deptor is not a crime either but taking a loan without  following the right order is a CRIME.EFCC has the right to investigate financial crimes and this has nothing to do with the court unless the bank wants to go thru the legal process.The law can only come in if EFCC is going beyond its boundries.

how many of the debtors did not follow the right order? do we know?
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nezan(m): 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ oyb: how many followed due process?
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2009
who knows?

thats the next list CBN should publish - right now everyone is assuming that all the debtors did 100% paddy paddy loans
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by bawomolo(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
see gra gra.

It's all for the camera people
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by stalliontp(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
since when has it become a crime to get a credit from a bank? who decides if the credit has gone bad or not? what are the details of the credit facilities and what and what is agreed upon in case of default? with all the information coming out that CBN did not even get its figures right, how are we sure we know the real motives behind all this?
Jungle justice, intimidation, same tactics the current people at EFCC have been accusing Ribadu of. Ours is a nation of hypocrites and there are enough baboons around that will always cheer.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by MrCrackles(m): 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
I am watching events unfold. . . . cool
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by bombsquad(m): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
the efcc has become police, judge and jury all rolled in one!! impressive. . .even the fbi under j edgar hoover wasnt this stupid
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2009
All the corrupt ex-gov who looters the treasury of their various states are busy wining and dining with President Yara Adua with the convenience of the ministers of injustice mike Aandoaka while EFCC is busy hunting the heads of people who have engaged in genuine busineses of many years creating jobs which govet itself cannot create, with the monies they have borrowed from these banks. is it the banks to prosecute money defaulters or the efcc? where in the world is it illegal to borrow from the bank? No one needs this kind of first class charade of deceving people after appointeing their Northern kinsmen to take over all the startegic positions in the financial sector and government posts. The action of Sanusi is nothing more than reading and acting the script of the Northern Angenda to hijack the economy and positoin itself against the percieved enemies of YaraAdua in the 2011 presidential election. Well I hail the Northerners they are using their brains smartly but it may not work out well at the end of the day. The entire world is watching you!
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Outstrip(f): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2009
Brorrowing money and not paying back in a timely manner is not necessarily are crime but this case is different. It is bigger than just non performing loans. If these people were breaking laws by taking that much money then it becomes a crime. If the bank gave out more than it is legally required to by law then it is a crime. When the actions of these few people can be catastrophic for the economy then it's time to take action. Maybe the EFCC knows something we do not. What deals did they make with the banks Did they lie to get the loans?
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by bigboyslim(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
I'm appalled at the way we are quick to rise to the defence of these debtors. Clearly, if you borrow money and you agree to commence repayment within a stipulated period of time, it is only fair that you stick to the agreement. Life is not fair, agreed but if by any stroke of ill-luck or unfortunate circumstances your business does not perform, it is not the duty of the bank to hold night vigils and fasting sessions for you. Business is a risk and it is not the bank's responsibility to manage your business' risk for you. The bank is not a charity organization doling out money to better the lot of the population. The bank is a business entity whose objective is to make profit and remain in business while protecting the interest of their shareholders and depositors. I'm sure if any of these banks are to end up failing these same people would be the ones shouting that why didn't the government step in before it is too late.

I agree with the move by EFCC to start taking over the properties of the debtors if they do not COMMENCE REPAYMENT along the terms of the original contract signed. I've noticed that the average man likes to borrow even when he has no clearly defined means of paying back and if this same attitude is allowed to propagate into a business entity, the end results are not always favorable.

A stitch in time they say saves nine.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Beaf: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2009
This is state thuggery at best. So they arrest them, then what next? They can't be tried because they haven't committed any crimes. Stupid.

Someone is just putting up a smokescreen to hide their dubious intentions.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2009
Outstrip:

Brorrowing money and not paying back in a timely manner is not necessarily are crime but this case is different. It is bigger than just non performing loans. If these people were breaking laws by taking that much money then it becomes a crime. If the bank gave out more than it is legally required to by law then it is a crime. When the actions of these few people can be catastrophic for the economy then it's time to take action. Maybe the EFCC knows something we do not. What deals did they make with the banks Did they lie to get the loans?

if it was a professional, i'd agree - its just ms wayoziri, the incompetent who has fumbled at every 'investigation' she has embarked on - who announces that she is investigating when she has not gathered a shred of evidence - she is just looking for chap popularity

bigboyslim:

I'm appalled at the way we are quick to rise to the defence of these debtors. Clearly, if you borrow money and you agree to commence repayment within a stipulated period of time, it is only fair that you stick to the agreement. Life is not fair, agreed but if by any stroke of ill-luck or unfortunate circumstances your business does not perform, it is not the duty of the bank to hold night vigils and fasting sessions for you. Business is a risk and it is not the bank's responsibility to manage your business' risk for you. The bank is not a charity organization doling out money to better the lot of the population. The bank is a business entity whose objective is to make profit and remain in business while protecting the interest of their shareholders and depositors. I'm sure if any of these banks are to end up failing these same people would be the ones shouting that why didn't the government step in before it is too late.

I agree with the move by EFCC to start taking over the properties of the debtors if they do not COMMENCE REPAYMENT along the terms of the original contract signed. I've noticed that the average man likes to borrow even when he has no clearly defined means of paying back and if this same attitude is allowed to propagate into a business entity, the end results are not always favorable.

with all the loan schemes the banks are giving out, a lot of nigerians will soon find themselves being chased by efcc
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by mystikal(m): 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2009
bigboyslim:

Nobody is saying that banks are charity orgs, buh I want to believe when loan deals are being struck , there is some sort of collateral in place, and in the case where the loans are non performing, the Banks can take their defaulters to court and move in to liquidate their assets. what exactly is the EFCC going to charge them for,? It is none of their business for now, until they are called in.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
Nezan:

@ oyb: how many followed due process?

How did they not follow due process?

Please give details not speaking on generalities based on perception

Thank you.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
for the record - i fully support sanusi - the banks are in a mess. sanusi took hard decisions not caring bout what people would say about him. he is a professional.

wayoziri, on the other hand, is just an incompetent ne'er do well who is trying to steal some of sanusi's thunder. she thinks this will give her some cheap credibility with nigerians.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by richcookie(m): 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2009
Why do Nigerains have short memory? REmember the war against corruption by Obasanjo. When will we learn to have rule of law? Owing money should be a civil matter not criminal, just like in the west that we admire so much. if you lend me money and I can not pay, does that make me a criminal?
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by youngmonie: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
@oyb

U SUPPORT SANUSI?, FYNE WHT HE DID, HE DID WITH THE RIGHT MOTIVE, BUT  HE DIDNT MAKE USE OF THE RIGHT TATCTICS, what he done has very very damaging effects.  soludo was well aware of these problems in d banking industry but didnt wana take d step soludo took because of d devastating effects it is going to have on d economy. sansusi calls himself a risk manager , lets see how hes gonna manage dis RISK hes gone into, der so numerouss

1) Its goin to affect the stock market, check the values for 2morrow , they are already dropping  since it d banking industry that is the most capitalised in the stock exchnge

2) Its make it even more difficlt for banks to give out loans now

3) Its hard to borrow money to do business, nd when  ders lack of the sme's   where are d jobs goin to come from

4) People r going to get sacked  in the banking industry nd in some other sectors with this action of his

5) nd come to think of it the baking sector is d only sector that is working effective

BUT LETS SEEE WHT HAPPENSS, SANUSI IS A RISK MANAGER

nd talking bout waziri, she dnt kno her job descriptionnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by emmydee(m): 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2009
so funny, the Nigerian economy has been in d hands of less than 200 individuals!
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by dfanthom(m): 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
please make una leave the woman make she shine small. undecided
this is a case of a masquerade still dancing long after the drummers have stopped beating the drums.

at least, let her try to prove to Hillary that she's alive to her responsibilities. tongue

a way na way o!
LOL shocked
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2009
SANUSI AND WZIRI SCORE THEIR FIRST DEFEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Court orders the realease of Finbank and Afribank MDS
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by DGovernor2: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
wat good about this issue is that only fools like madam waziri don't learn from previous mistakes, and will end up eating shame.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by axeman85(m): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2009
After reading some postes on here.

1: these said mentioned loans were given to these individuals without following due process, which is under banking rules and regulations, criminal offence, unethical, and financally wrong and therefore in countries like the uk it is a jail term as penalty.

2: these banks should tell the public under what agreements these loans were granted to these individuals under the freedom of information act, which i dont think applies in nigeria anyway, reason is they might have been specific aggreements made btw the banks and these people.

3: in developed countries when a banks grants loan to an individual or business in the uk, it is under law that the loan has to be repaid back over a number of years ranging from 1month to 5years maximum which most banks do and in the case of mortages its over 30yrs maximum.

4: when these loans are issued there are some that gives the borrower a space eg, pay nothing for 6months or pay nothing for 1st month and start paying. a monthly payment plan is followed both by companies and individuals. interest rate is agreed and some banks advice people to also take insurance cover against unemployment, illness, or instances of loss of earnings, then the insurance will pay the monthly payments for a period of 2-6months beofre assessing your financial situation, but in a business, loans which are of high amounts are actualled secured against the business which means if paymsnts is missed, the business or individual is notified in writing by the bank and then they are being charged a penalty for that month of missed paymnemts amd they advice the cust of arrs and advice to clear that as soon as possible,

4: for anythime a payment is missed the debtor is notified in writing and charged if after a period of time monthly payments keeps being missed then after 3missed payment a default notie is issued and then that is registered against credit file and affect the person credit rating and in respect to business they give an option of renegotiating the loan thats why some banks offer peole and business what is called a consolidation loan where by a bank takes all the debts a business has, and pays it off and then the business or individual makes just 1 monnthly payment, if the buesineess defaults again in this arrangement then the banks can either send the loan to external debt collection agaencies if its unsecured loan but if its secured then the bank sues the business to try and get the court injuction to enforce a payments structure and if the business cant afford the payment then the ladministrators are called in to wind down the business and each creditors is paid after selling off the assests of the business but in some circumsatances the business doesnt have enough assests to cover the debts what is being done is that each debtor has to agree a settlement figure so as to get something.

5: external debt collections comprises of different departments, fthose that contact the customer to try and resolve and come to an agreed monthly payment plan, if the customer or business failes then they give them more time, and keep calling and sending them constatnt letters, and if the debtor still refuses to pay or come to an agreement, some companies pass the account to bailiffs who under law have what is called a warrant of execution, which gives them the right to ente you property oif you open the door for them and seize you property eg, sofas, tv, electrical appliances to sell at public auctions or cars. in respect to a business its usually legal action that is taken which involves the courts and not the serious organised crime agencies or fraud unit.

5: in the case of the nigerian back, sanusi has done the right thing by sacking them, what next should have been is that they should be made to face a financial servieces panel to justify their actions and reasons for not following due banking process, afer that if guilty which they are they are to be forwarded or recommended for arrest by the fsa to the Efcc which are in charge of things liek that and if found that they have enriched themselves with the mentioned funds they should be stripped of their assest which is usually tagged as proceeds of crime. (bernard maddoff is an example). then they should finally be jailed and banned from holding any management position in any fiancial institution or management position again. (as this is the case in the uk).

6: it is now left for the banks recovery team and department, and external debt collection agencies to recover these loand and if these people dont want to pay then the next thing is to look into making the debtors Bankrpt but because they have assests they cant be made bankrpt so what they should look into is if its an unsecured loan they can apply for the loan to be secured and after that look to make the business insolvent and in this case they business and bank with the courts can come to an agreement because the business is still trading and wont want to be placed into administrating or made insolvent, and thats is the step nefcc are not appointed bodies to be chasing debtors neither are police men but police men can accompany the banks recovery agent because some of these debotrs might get agreesive and descend of them agents of the bank. m
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by otokx(m): 1:43am On Aug 26, 2009
In western countries the collateral is worth much more than the loan giving so even if the beneficiaries evaporate into thin air there is no cause for alarm. In Nigeria these banks gave loans without any collateral. The money given belongs to the poor masses and the beneficiaries live in opulence claiming to be Africa's richest billionaires. The Nigerian government having unmasked the directors of such corporate bodies has every moral right to harrass them till they cough up the money. All their properties would be sealed up including their private jets and their foreign passports seized. For those like the infamous "Nanny" who obviously has no property except that business house, CECILIA will be made to personally repay that 13 billion via the seizing and sealing up of her assets.
Re: Waziri, 100 EFCC Men Storm Lagos To Arrest Debtors by OYBMEND: 2:52am On Aug 26, 2009
who will arrest CBN for cooking up list of debtors and misleading the whole nation?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New And Revised Allowance For Nigerian Lawmakers / Ganduje Aide On Twitter Calls Osinbajo VP Academics / News : UK Parliament Prepares To Discuss Abduction Of Nnamdi Kanu From Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.