Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) (9617 Views)

Difference between Igbo cities and Yoruba cities in development Photos / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS / Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Ruke1989: 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
Let us be honest with ourselves and stop being unnecessarily emotional over these things. Buhari since inception has mainly been after only those who shared defense funds and you and I know that was purely a PDP affair. The efcc hasn't really started going after any ex governor or ex-minister so I think those complaining about efcc not investigating people like amaechi or tinubu are totally not being honest with themselves, but just being overly emotional..

As for investigating the current NDDC minister, na wa for you oo... What is there to investigate in someone who only resumed office few months ago and who is still yet to receive first budget?
boss you are right, but am not pushing for him to embark on aimless probing of all his appointees. I just wish every petition against an appointee like the NDDC minister, Niger. Delta ministry, etc should be seriously looked into. it may not be now, but just anytime it arises in the course of his administration. a lot of thieving goes on there in partnership with senators and other Abuja politicians

the issue of undevelopment in the creek is partly due to high level of thieving, mismanagement of NDDC. the masses clamoured for the creation of NDDC for development of the creeks. but today senators and NDDC directors have made it as an avenue to wealth for themselves. Anytime NDA strikes or people protest, instead of sending soldiers, buhari should summon NDDC, Niger Delta ministry, etc to look into their books. the cause of the problem will be glaring

the FG has a responsibility not just to dispense fund for development of the creeks, but must also supervise the spending until meaningful creek transformation is seen. if not there will be no end to agitation

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
Let us be honest with ourselves and stop being unnecessarily emotional over these things. Buhari since inception has mainly been after only those who shared defense funds and you and I know that was purely a PDP affair. The efcc hasn't really started going after any ex governor or ex-minister so I think those complaining about efcc not investigating people like amaechi or tinubu are totally not being honest with themselves, but just being overly emotional..

As for investigating the current NDDC minister, na wa for you oo... What is there to investigate in someone who only resumed office few months ago and who is still yet to receive first budget?

It doesn't bother your democracy radar that the only people being prosecuted by Buhari are only members of the opposition party.
It's like Obama sending IRS to probe how the Republican party raised and spent money for the past election while going around telling the world how the Democratic party ran such a non corrupt campaign.
Every body would laugh at you, unfortunately Buhari doesn't even understand.

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by obailala(m): 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
naijaking1:

It doesn't bother your democracy radar that the only people being prosecuted by Buhari are only members of the opposition party.
It's like Obama sending IRS to probe how the Republican party raised and spent money for the past election while going around telling the world how the Democratic party ran such a non corrupt campaign.
Every body would laugh at you, unfortunately Buhari doesn't even understand.
Just a reminder in case you have forgotten, soldiers kept lamenting the lack of simple bullets and were dying like ants in the fight against bokoharam. This was despite the fact that it was on record that billions were released for acquiring weapons.

So dont get it twisted, the efcc is currently investigating what happened to the money meant to procure arms to fight bokoharam; the efcc is not investigating the source of PDP's campaign funds.

3 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by SuperS1Panther: 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
Sprintson:

I don't doubt this bro but I still feel there is a cogent need for supervision especially where should be prioritised..that region needs Govt intervention and its not enough to give billions to govt cronies from that region who donot do anything rather I think their development be clearly mapped out in the Fiscal policy of the Fed Govt. I don't think its impossible to do that.
You talk about NDDC when was that created?
Lastly I don't mean to be spiteful but LAGOS was BUILT with OIL MONEY Under STRICT supervision ,why they don't replicate something like in the creeks?...
So far we are mature in this thread...thank you all

FG have done its part by allocating funds, it is the citizens that must make more demand on their leadership.

there has always been OMPADEC before NDDC,

Even if Lagos was built with Oil money, it has paid back the loan in full with interest. How much VAT does FG generate from LAgos and how much of it do they give back to Lagos? How much of Revenue from Port dues, Custom duties, Airport dues and other taxes are generated from Lagos and how much is allocated to Lagos of it. Lagos is not owing Nigeria, rather Nigeria is owing Lagos.

Lagos is the most enlightened state in this country and they demand more from their leaders. When you are sure that your leaders have spent the little they were given judiciously, then you will have the moral right to point accusing fingers at the FG.

Which strict supervision did we witnessed in Akwa Ibom before they developed their state with their allocation or Cross Rivers. IT clearly shows they had and they still have visionary leadership and the citizens are more particular about infrastructural development rather than a temporal handout from politicians, who would have looted billions anyway.

People complain of Federal presence. What exactly does that mean. FG has Secretariat in virtually all states of the federation.

4 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
Just a reminder in case you have forgotten, soldiers kept lamenting the lack of simple bullets and were dying like ants in the fight against bokoharam. This was despite the fact that it was on record that billions were released for acquiring weapons.

So dont get it twisted, the efcc is currently investigating what happened to the money meant to procure arms to fight bokoharam; the efcc is not investigating the source of PDP's campaign funds.

Sorry, you are getting the issues twisted.
Any investigation that nets only active, vocal, and stubborn pdp members like Metuh, Ffk, and Fayose is simply a joke. Even members of pdp at that time who have joined APC become protected from Buhari's campaign.
An honest crime and corruption fighter will not be partial

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

FG have done its part by allocating funds, it is the citizens that must make more demand on their leadership.

there has always been OMPADEC before NDDC,

Even if Lagos was built with Oil money, it has paid back the loan in full with interest. How much VAT does FG generate from LAgos and how much of it do they give back to Lagos? How much of Revenue from Port dues, Custom duties, Airport dues and other taxes are generated from Lagos and how much is allocated to Lagos of it. Lagos is not owing Nigeria, rather Nigeria is owing Lagos.

Lagos is the most enlightened state in this country and they demand more from their leaders. When you are sure that your leaders have spent the little they were given judiciously, then you will have the moral right to point accusing fingers at the FG.

Which strict supervision did we witnessed in Akwa Ibom before they developed their state with their allocation or Cross Rivers. IT clearly shows they had and they still have visionary leadership and the citizens are more particular about infrastructural development rather than a temporal handout from politicians, who would have looted billions anyway.

People complain of Federal presence. What exactly does that mean. FG has Secretariat in virtually all states of the federation.

The point I like is that Lagos was built with Oil money,whether it repaid or not isn't the issue....but lagos had FG supervision to Develop it right?
Cross river developed likewise Akwa ibom but have you been to those places or you talking phot journalism? Substantial part of those states aren't developed but kudos to the Governors who did their best ;Akpabio and Duke.
We are saying FG should look into proper supervision of that region, it is not enough to just allocate money to the ministry.
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by SuperS1Panther: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
Sprintson:

The point I like is that Lagos was built with Oil money,whether it repaid or not isn't the issue....but lagos had FG supervision to Develop it right?
Cross river developed likewise Akwa ibom but have you been to those places or you talking phot journalism? Substantial part of those states aren't developed but kudos to the Governors who did their best ;Akpabio and Duke.
We are saying FG should look into proper supervision of that region, it is not enough to just allocate money to the ministry.

My friend, Lagos has always been before your oil. Lagos had a telephone line 82years before the first place in South South ever had one. That tells you the headstart Lagos had always have. It has always been a thriving and major seaport in west africa even before Lord Lugard relocated the capital from Calabar and Lokoja to Lagos.

Get it straight, Oil money did not develop Lagos. Yes, it definitely contributed to it, like it did to other states in Nigeria.

the duty of FG is to allocate funds and which it has done, it is still and will still continue to do. The citizens of the region should do the supervision by themselves. FG can only supervise its own fund, as it is presently doing by probing the people that looted Arms Fund.

Ijaws should hold their leaders and militants responsible and they should stop pointing accusing fingers at others, when it is very clear that are more than culpable for their predicament.

6 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by aresa: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
Sprintson:

FG did not develop Lagos, this is nothing but gross ignorance regarding Lagos and her history.

FG did not do anything in Lagos apart from eko bridge and 3rd mailman bridge and FG presence was confined to just Lagos Island with the seat of government at dodon baracks in Lagos Island.

Saying FG developed Lagos buy building 2 bridges and some FG roads that are dead and never maintained is lunacy.

There are FG bridges all over Nigeria so what's special about some bridge in Lagos?

Lagos was already developed before Nigeria even because a country. The industries that developed Lagos and still responsible for Nigerians industrial output were all on the mainland and built by the Western Region under Awolowo with Cocoa money.

Next time you open mouth to repeat that lie, please make sure you listed exactly how and what the FG did to develop lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by ayokellany: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
Sprintson:

Realise that Kaduna Refinery was a NONSENSE approach Coz the amount of Money spent laying pipes could have been used for something else..but we are talking GREED here...

I am a billion % sure you can raise above this parochial reason. The only thing that barred you from reasoning above that flawed reason is the eternal bigotry found in bigots. Have you calculated how much it will cost daily to truck down refined petrol, diseal kerosine, aviation fuel, fertilizers and more all by product of refined crude to the north daily ?. Now calculate how many years the refinary as been built and how many more years it will serve this region. You are also to calculate the damages trucking fuel from south to the north daily will cost to the highway then compare this to the cost of citing the refinery in the north.

3 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
aresa:

FG did not develop Lagos, this is nothing but gross ignorance regarding Lagos and her history.

FG did not do anything in Lagos apart from eko bridge and 3rd mailman bridge and FG presence was confined to just Lagos Island with the seat of government at dodon baracks in Lagos Island.

Saying FG developed Lagos buy building 2 bridges and some FG roads that are dead and never maintained is lunacy.

There are FG bridges all over Nigeria so what's special about some bridge in Lagos?

Lagos was already developed before Nigeria even because a country. The industries that developed Lagos and still responsible for Nigerians industrial output were all on the mainland and built by the Western Region under Awolowo with Cocoa money.

Next time you open mouth to repeat that lie, please make sure you listed exactly how and what the FG did to develop lagos.

Before Lagos there was Calabar, the first capital. If government built bridges linking otherwise uninhabited islands to the main land, supplied nepa, landed many historic and important building there, how can you say government didn't develop Lagos?
The criminal irony was that while Gowon government budgeted 75% of their income to reconstruction of war torn east, most of the money landed in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
naijaking1:

Before Lagos there was Calabar, the first capital. If government built bridges linking otherwise uninhabited islands to the main land, supplied nepa, landed many historic and important building there, how can you say government didn't develop Lagos?
The criminal irony was that while Gowon government budgeted 75% of their income to reconstruction of war torn east, most of the money landed in Lagos.

Trying to understand what they meant by FG didn't build Lagos and Lagos having telephone 82years ago!! Some people can just be paranoid shaa!!
Thxx bro

2 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
ayokellany:

I am a billion % sure yocan raise above this parochial reason. The only thing that barred you from reasoning above that flawed reason is the eternal bigotry found in bigots. Have you calculated how much it will cost daily to truck down refined petrol, diseal kerosine, aviation fuel, fertilizers and more all by product of refined crude to the north daily ?. Now calculate how many year the refinary as been built and how many more year it will serve this region. You are also to.calculate the damages trucking fuel from southto the north daily woll cost to the highway then compare this to the cost of aitung tye refinery in the north.

Are you saying it was a way of managing cost that made FG build the Kaduna Refinery? How I wish you will be truthful even to yourself let alone your tribe.
When they were busy building the refinery and laying pipes why didn't they build Groundnut oil processing industry in the East and equally drag that of the West to North and vice versa? Then we would see if they were truly trying to manage COST.
I have seen how best you can reason,Nothing reasonable!!if my tribe is messing up I won't hesitate to point that out than Crave for an easy way.
I earlier pointed out am not supporting ND rather we are suggesting a way forward.
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by aresa: 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
naijaking1:

70% what landed in Lagos? What exactly did they spent it on in Lagos? To build bridge and railway and even paradise in the sky...?

You people very funny. You just make up your own lies and tales just for the heck of it..

5 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
aresa:

70% what landed in Lagos? What exactly did they spent it on in Lagos? To build bridge and railway and even paradise in the sky...?

You people very funny. You just make up your own lies and tales just for the heck of it..

If you are too young to recall how Lagos was booming with federal construction projects through out the 70s, ask someone who knows. Nigerians from the hinterland flocked and flocked to Lagos, because that's one sure place to find a job. Even Ghanians came too.
Or just to read up on why Lagos has been criticized as the most centripetallly developed city in the world.

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by 8BitGee(m): 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
These guys are bell-ends, IDK why we bother with them. FG allocates money to all states in Nigeria, some states especially in the ND get special treatment, yet they still lool like shyteholes. Hold your governors and local government chairmen responsible!

Pray tell, in the last 10 years, name 10 roads, just roads constructed by the federal government in Ogun, Oyo, Ondo or Ekiti? Not even Lagos with its commercial capital title can boast of this! And is it not one of the reasons people voted for the present government?

When thieves like Ibori, Alams, etc are heroes, what else do you expect? When youths rather than clamour for development, eschew development by fighting for criminals and blowing up development. What do you expect?

Buhari does not give me money, I don't know him, I have never met him, but I have faith in him and his ability to turn things around in my country. If he doesn't perform, I'll exercise my right and Godwilling vote against him! People should reason like humans for once.

You're asking government to diversify the economy or clean up your environment, but you're blowing up pipelines. Where the fvck is the money to diversify the economy, build infrastructure or clean up your environment supposed to come from?

3 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Goke7: 11:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ruke1989:
its a pity in the whole of Nigeria, only a Yoruba man stick to this irrational way of reasoning. not strange to me because this line of argument makes sense only to an ethnic bigot

You guys are the ethnic bigots and ungrateful lots, if not for obj, there will be no Jonathan but you guys berate the man all the time as the source of your problems. The Yorubas have done a lot for you guys especially with the way Jonathan ascended as a acting President but what do we get, insults, abuses and all sorts.

No one can never be sympathetic to your cause again. You are on your own, ungrateful bunch

3 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by forgiveness: 11:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
naijaking1:

Sorry, you are getting the issues twisted.
Any investigation that nets only active, vocal, and stubborn pdp members like Metuh, Ffk, and Fayose is simply a joke. Even members of pdp at that time who have joined APC become protected from Buhari's campaign.
An honest crime and corruption fighter will not be partial

The reason those three wise men were vocal then was because they chop yam. One don agree to vomit the yam, the second one will soon caught out the yam while the third one get immunity on top the yam he chop. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Ruke1989: 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
naijaking1:

If you are too young to recall how Lagos was booming with federal construction projects through out the 70s, ask someone who knows. Nigerians from the hinterland flocked and flocked to Lagos, because that's one sure place to find a job. Even Ghanians came too.
Or just to read up on why Lagos has been criticized as the most centripetallly developed city in the world.

the money used to pay Julius Berger and the so called construction businesses in Lagos in the 70s came from oil. oil exploration Started as early as 1957. don't try to change history. before then Lagos didn't have the infrastructures it had so be guided
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Ruke1989: 12:05am On Jun 04, 2016
Goke7:

You guys are the ethnic bigots and ungrateful lots, if not for obj, there will be no Jonathan but you guys berate the man all the time as the source of your problems. The Yorubas have done a lot for you guys especially with the way Jonathan ascended as a acting President but what do we get, insults, abuses and all sorts.

No one can never be sympathetic to your cause again. You are on your own, ungrateful bunch
Yoruba did nothing for us. they obviously are the ones exploiting us under the guise of one Nigeria

come to the south south, you can count the number of yorubas in the oil industry outnumber the south southerners. Talk about our Federal universities at least Yoruba men are VC in 2 out of 6. But never in the history of Nigeria will you see a south southerner as VC of a Federal university in Yoruba land. it's because you lots are ethnic bigots unlike we. So because you are parasites feeding on us that's why you will shy from the truth whenever we talk about resource control or true federalism. You start saying your governors are corrupt, tell that to a fool, we know why you people shy from the truth always

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2016
forgiveness:

The reason those three wise were vocal then was because they chop yam. One don agree to vomit the yam, the second one will soon caught out the yam while the third one get immunity on top the yam he chop. grin

Only Buhari's enemies chop yam that needs to be vomited?

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 12:11am On Jun 04, 2016
Ruke1989:

the money used to pay Julius Berger and the so called construction businesses in Lagos in the 70s came from oil. oil exploration Started as early as 1957. don't try to change history. before then Lagos didn't have the infrastructures it had so be guided

When you deny history, it becomes a problem. Awolowo and OBJ both Yorubas both collectively and personally used federal government funds to build Lagos to what it is today.

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by forgiveness: 12:13am On Jun 04, 2016
naijaking1:

Only Buhari's enemies chop yam that needs to be vomited?

There are many fishes in the Ocean, Na the one your hook catch na em you go chop.

Dis ones wey dem don catch don dey vomit the Yam.

Is it bad?

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by rose54321: 12:17am On Jun 04, 2016
Hmm, their modus operandi is wrong.
Why bomb pipelines and further deteriorate your state??

Also, though I am not a buhari zombie, in fairness, it wasn't his administration that designed the revenue sharing formula, nor the allocation of oil blocks.

So why threaten to kill him and or label him and his administration enemies of your state.

Address the root cause, storm the houses of your previous leaders, they are to blame for embezzling funds meant for your state's development.

Buhari too, should stretch out a hand, release a statement or order the minister of Niger delta to go to Baylesa, meet with the masses and give them hope, show all your administration plans to do with the ministry's allocation.

Once you win the masses support, the militants will be subdued.
What we see now is the cause of poverty and hunger.
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by rusher14: 12:25am On Jun 04, 2016
Ruke1989:

[b]Please pick and choose:

1900–59 Edit

Colonial era Lagos, ca.1910

Colonialists on the tennis courts Government House in Lagos., ca.1910

Lagos, 1912

Aerial photograph of Lagos in 1929
1900 - Ibadan-Lagos railway begins operating.[9]
Oba Esugbayi Eleko in power.
Carter Bridge built.
Lagos Institute founded.[10]
Population: 41,487.
1903 - Artist Aina Onabolu active.[11]
1908 - Lagos Municipal Board of Health[12] and People's Union[13] established.
1909 - King's College, Lagos founded.[1]
Kano-Lagos railway begins operating.
Anti-Slavery and Aborigines Protection Society chapter established.[13]
Population: 73,766.
1913 - Apapa wharf built.[14]
Lagos becomes capital of the British Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria.[15]
Lagos Central Times newspaper begins publication (approximate date).
Anfani Bus Service begins operating.[16]
1917 - Lagos Town Council[5] and Colonial Bank[8] established.
1920s - Lagos Market Women's Association founded.[17]
1921 - Population: 98,303.
Ansar Ud Deen (religious group) and Lagos Women's League[18] established.
Nigerian National Democratic Party founded in Lagos.[13]
Oba Ibikunle Akitoye in power.
Lagos Daily News newspaper begins publication.[19]
Nigerian Daily Times newspaper begins publication.[19]
Industrial Army Home (reformatory) built in Yaba.[18]
1927 - Queen's College, Lagos and Lagos Executive Development Board[12] established.
Oba Sanusi Olusi in power.
St Gregory's College, Lagos and Lagos Book Club founded.[20][21]
1930 - Stadium built.
Tom Jones Library opens.[21]
Population: 126,474.
Oba Falolu in power.
Igbobi College and Yaba Higher College founded.
1939 - Yaba Estate built.
1943 - Art Exhibition Centre and Lagos Museum open.[1]
1944 - Nigerian Women's Party organized in Lagos.[17][22]
1945 - Holy Child College Obalende established.
Anglican Cathedral built.[23]
Nigerian Breweries incorporated.
1947 - Yaba College of Technology founded.
"Rent control committee" organized.[8]
Oba Adeniji Adele in power.
Mayoral council established; Abubakar Ibiyinka Olorun-Nimbe elected mayor.[12]
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos active.[24]
Population: 230,256.
1951 - Lagos becomes part of the Western Region.
Nigerian National Museum founded.
Irohin Imole Yoruba-language newspaper begins publication.[25]
1958 - Stationery Stores Football Club founded.

1960–99 Edit
1960 - Lagos Stock Exchange and Nigeria Acceptances Limited.
1961 - Nigerian Institute of International Affairs founded.[26]
1962 - University of Lagos established.[5]
Independence House built.[27]
Population: 655,246.
Bagatelle restaurant in business (approximate date).[27]
Lebanese Community School established.
1965 - Adeyinka Oyekan II becomes Oba.
Lagos State created.[28]
Mobolaji Johnson becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
1972 - Lagos National Stadium built.
1973 - 2nd All-Africa Games held.
Eko Bridge built.
Federal Government College Lagos and Bridge Boys Football Club founded.
Adekunle Lawal becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
1976 - National Arts Theatre built.
Second World African Festival of Arts and Culture held in Festac Town.[1][11]
Fela Kuti's Kalakuta Republic compound in Mushin burns down.
Nigerian Institute of Medical Research established in Yaba (approximate date).[30]
Ndubuisi Kanu becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
1978 - Ebitu Ukiwe becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
Murtala Muhammed International Airport opens.
Lateef Jakande becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
Lagos Plan of Action drafted.[28]
Apata Memorial High School founded.
Wonder Baking Company in business.[16]
International School Lagos established.
Winners' Chapel megachurch begins.
1982 - Indian Language School established.
Vanguard newspaper begins publication.
Mama Cass restaurant in business.[31]
1984 - Gbolahan Mudasiru becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
1985 - Newswatch magazine begins publication.
1986 - Mike Akhigbe becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
1988 - Raji Rasaki becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
African Championships in Athletics held.
Intercontinental Bank founded.
Third Mainland Bridge opens.
Lagos City Polytechnic and Equitorial Trust Bank established.
Population: 4,764,000 (urban agglomeration).[32]
Federal government relocates from Lagos to Abuja.[5]
Tell Magazine begins publication.
Diamond Bank opens.
Lagos Business School established.
Pepsi Football Academy founded, Agege.[33]
Nigerian Air Force C-130 crash.
Michael Otedola becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
Jhalobia Gardens opens.[34]
Olagunsoye Oyinlola becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
Chocolat Royal in business.[35]
P.M. News newspaper begins publication.
Thisday newspaper begins publication.
Population: 5,966,000 (urban agglomeration).[32]
Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary established.
Tastee Fried Chicken opens in Surulere.
Mohammed Buba Marwa becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
Redeemer's International Secondary School founded in Maryland.
Tantalizers restaurant opens in Festac Town (approximate date).
20 February: Nigerian parliamentary election, 1999 held.
Bola Tinubu becomes governor of Lagos State.[29]
[/b]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by mashnino(m): 12:38am On Jun 04, 2016
Ruke1989:

bros, I think buhari fighting corruption is not actually being resisted. it's the lopsided approach that is being resisted. But if he can sincerely probe someone he appointed into office maybe the NDDC boss, amnesty boss or Niger deltan minister, that will not be viewed as a biased approach. people are only resisting the biased approach to fighting corruption. Nigerians are crying for a probe of past and present leaders

Maybe immediate past leaders. But people like obasanjo, atiku and tinubu are just trouble

I am not saying they can't be touched but there will be trouble in the land.. New terrorist groups will spring up

The thing is.. Most nigerians understand the plight of niger deltans because even we wey dey outside niger delta no b like say we dey live all cool and rosy

But before you start blaming fed govt.. Let's talk about your past leaders..

We agree that these creeks feed the nation.. But the thing is the creek is also for nigeria.. It's not like nigeria and the creeks are in a symbiotic relationship

Buhari cannot install anyother person than a person from niger delta...

It all boils down to this.... Where is the problem from?

Because the money is being sent down but for some weird reason it's not being implemented

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by aresa: 1:35am On Jun 04, 2016
naijaking1:

If you are too young to recall how Lagos was booming with federal construction projects through out the 70s,

You are obviously too young and too empty to articulate or list the so called construction projects.

ask someone who knows.

You know so why is it so hard for you to list the FG government projects.?

All you people do is talk talk talk and spew ignorant garbage, but stating facts is always hard for you to do.

Nigerians from the hinterland flocked and flocked to Lagos

Nigerians have been flocking to Lagos and actually the SW before Nigeria became a country.

Let me educate you just for fun, Federal capital was in Lagos Island and they claimed Lagos well after the industries that powered our economy before Nigeria's independence were and still in the SOUTH WEST starting from Apapa industrial estate to Matori, Ilupeju, Mushin, and Ikeja industrial estate, all in the South West Region established by South West Regional Administration under Awolowo They were not part of your Federal capital, your capital ended at the other end of Carter bridge.

Awolowo industrialized Lagos state.

Your FG government left Lagos decades ago and Lagos is still thriving just like it was before your FG and Nigeria as a country.

Or just to read up on why Lagos has been criticized as the most centripetallly developed city in the world

Yes, the same Lagos you and your people can not wait to run to after dumping your backward and unproductive villages...

Why not form exodus back to your villages....losers..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 1:47am On Jun 04, 2016
^^^
Your points are very tunnel visioned on claiming Lagos as yours, unfortunately you have no time to read even a newspaper. And you want me to prove federal government investment in Lagos?
Good night

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by aresa: 2:24am On Jun 04, 2016
naijaking1:
^^^
Your points are very tunnel visioned on claiming Lagos as yours, unfortunately you have no time to read even a newspaper. And you want me to prove federal government investment in Lagos?
Good night

You have time to read news paper, but you are still ignorant and incompetent to list facts and your so called federal projects in Lagos state..

Talk about olodo vision...

2 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by SamMilla1(m): 3:50am On Jun 04, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Can we have the cumulative Federal Government Allocated Funds for each of the regions in the last 10years.

We shall all realise Niger Delta states are their own problem.

If you cannot develop your region after 13% derivation, Normal Federal Allocation, Amnesty Programme, NDDC allocation, Min of Niger Delta allocation, CSRs of Oil Majors, probably you need Merlin to develop it for you.

Why was Akwa Ibom able to develop their states but Bayelsa State with lesser population and landmass was not able to?

The answer lies in leadership and mentality of the people.

Enough is enough of all these cheap blackmail and whining. Let us call a spade a spade. Vandals, criminals and terrorists reside in those creeks.

You mean 3rd Mainland Bridge, MMA, Abuja, etc were developed by state governments?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 3:54am On Jun 04, 2016
aresa:

Oga take a seat and help your life by telling your unborn generation the truth. FG built all these and more in lagos state
;
Apapa sea Port
National Stadium 1972
MM airport
Countless bridges
Numerous Road networks
National Arts theatre
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 4:03am On Jun 04, 2016
aresa:

You are obviously too young and too empty to articulate or list the so called construction projects.

You know so why is it so hard for you to list the FG government projects.?

All you people do is talk talk talk and spew ignorant garbage, but stating facts is always hard for you to do.

Nigerians have been flocking to Lagos and actually the SW before Nigeria became a country.

Let me educate you just for fun, Federal capital was in Lagos Island and they claimed Lagos well after the industries that powered our economy before Nigeria's independence were and still in the SOUTH WEST starting from Apapa industrial estate to Matori, Ilupeju, Mushin, and Ikeja industrial estate, all in the South West Region established by South West Regional Administration under Awolowo They were not part of your Federal capital, your capital ended at the other end of Carter bridge.

Awolowo industrialized Lagos state.

Your FG government left Lagos decades ago and Lagos is still thriving just like it was before your FG and Nigeria as a country.

Yes, the same Lagos you and your people can not wait to run to after dumping your backward and unproductive villages...

Why not form exodus back to your villages....losers..

Am very sure that EVEN you are not from Lagos state.
Take a trip out of lagos and enjoy cool life the only reason some people are in Lagos is just because of the thriving business setting.... Nobody loves Lagos just for the name Lagos..
Lastly people like U make Nigeria unable to grow coz u channel everything from the centre towards ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 4:11am On Jun 04, 2016
mashnino:

Maybe immediate past leaders. But people like obasanjo, atiku and tinubu are just trouble

I am not saying they can't be touched but there will be trouble in the land.. New terrorist groups will spring up

The thing is.. Most nigerians understand the plight of niger deltans because even we wey dey outside niger delta no b like say we dey live all cool and rosy

But before you start blaming fed govt.. Let's talk about your past leaders..

We agree that these creeks feed the nation.. But the thing is the creek is also for nigeria.. It's not like nigeria and the creeks are in a symbiotic relationship

Buhari cannot install anyother person than a person from niger delta...

It all boils down to this.... Where is the problem from?

Because the money is being sent down but for some weird reason it's not being implemented

You are correct sir,
I still maintain the fact that what they need in that region is just supervision so the poor masses of that zone will be touched with good governance such that in future they would NOT ever support any miltant group or whatsoever..
I love your point NOT some persons claiming FG didn't develop Lagos and all that which wasn't even the intention of the thread in the first place now that clearly shows how myopic and shallow their minds can be when important issues are brought to the fore.
Imagine such people in govt? They will tell you Lagos developed the Niger Delta and the war will never CEASE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Confident Of Picking PDP's Ticket – Makarfi / Babatope: How Conspiracy Against Bode George Reduced PDP To Political Beggars / Appeal Court Affirms Oyebanji's Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.