Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,805 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) (9852 Views)

Difference between Igbo cities and Yoruba cities in development Photos / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS / Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by aresa: 4:17am On Jun 04, 2016
Sprintson:

Oga take a seat and help your life by telling your unborn generation the truth. FG built all these and more in lagos state
;
Apapa sea Port= Existed before Nigeria became a country
National Stadium 1972 = Roten, decayed and irrelevant FG rubbish. You can move it to your village because it's of no use to Lagosians, we have our own stadiums.
MM airport
Countless bridges = Countless what? I can count, 2 bridges. Eko and 3rd mainland bridge

Numerous Road networks - Name them, Most of them existed before Nigeria became a country and in fact, what's special about Lagos roads, FG have roads all over Nigeria and in your village to so what's your point?

National Arts theatre = This developed Lagos state? lmao grin

So, Your less than 10 rubbish is all it took to develop Lagos? See ya life grin

Make sure you pass it down to your kids that our industrial estates in Lagos developed Lagos and Nigeria..

Btw, the best and the most sophisticated bridge in west africa is in Lagos and it was not built by your FG, it was build by the people of Lagos state like hundreds if not thousands of projects started and commissioned by the Lagos state government.

In the last 8 years, the Lagos state government started and completed more projects than your FG and the rest of the 35 states combined many times over...

I know you people see the FG as your alfa and omega, you think the FG is responsible for your lives and the air you breath, you beg for road, for bridge, for airport and everything under the sun, you can not do anything by yourself so it makes sense to thong the FG is responsible for other people's hard work.

Sucks to be you people for real..

7 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by aresa: 4:20am On Jun 04, 2016
[s]
Sprintson:

Am very sure that EVEN you are not from Lagos state.
Take a trip out of lagos and enjoy cool life the only reason some people are in Lagos is just because of the thriving business setting.... Nobody loves Lagos just for the name Lagos..
Lastly people like U make Nigeria unable to grow coz u channel everything from the centre towards ethnicity.
[/s]

I don't even see the sense in this meaningless rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 04, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Can we have the cumulative Federal Government Allocated Funds for each of the regions in the last 10years.

We shall all realise Niger Delta states are their own problem.

If you cannot develop your region after 13% derivation, Normal Federal Allocation, Amnesty Programme, NDDC allocation, Min of Niger Delta allocation, CSRs of Oil Majors, probably you need Merlin to develop it for you.

Why was Akwa Ibom able to develop their states but Bayelsa State with lesser population and landmass was not able to?

The answer lies in leadership and mentality of the people.

Enough is enough of all these cheap blackmail and whining. Let us call a spade a spade. Vandals, criminals and terrorists reside in those creeks.
BAYELSANS are never to be compared to Akwa-Ibomites.
An Average Bayelsan is very Lazy.
Even the Governor is aware.
An Average Bayelsan is a first-class citizen, they touch nothing. Despite the ravaging Poverty there, strangers work to earn a living.

2 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by naijaking1: 5:25am On Jun 04, 2016
Sprintson:

Oga take a seat and help your life by telling your unborn generation the truth. FG built all these and more in lagos state
;
Apapa sea Port
National Stadium 1972
MM airport
Countless bridges
Numerous Road networks
National Arts theatre

Don't forget festac, hospitals, and schools.
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Ikeg48: 5:28am On Jun 04, 2016
You know that's the saddest thing about the whole thing. And when you complain, they scream "blame your leaders." I'm so over the whole mess.

Nigeria is a joke. A big fat joke
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by aresa: 5:33am On Jun 04, 2016
naijaking1:

They have federal housing in your state too, plus federal hospitals and federal schools so the Fg developed your state too if that's what you call development..

3 Likes

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by rusher14: 5:59am On Jun 04, 2016
The Niger Delta is the way it is because of the people.

The leadership there is a reflection of the society.

The last elections was marred by violence with the epicentre being the Niger Delta.

I am from the Niger Delta (Ijaw / Itshekiri) and the truth must be told.

We have made the presence of oil the centre of our existence such that even the illiterate thinks he's entitled to something for simply idling his life away.

We worship warlords and political gladiators who are often militants and fraudsters.

We would never listen to reason especially when the source of this reason is a "stranger" except of course it is come and chop.

We are way too confrontational and hostile for investors to consider setting up shop in our localities.

Warri, which was once a thriving oil city tells its own story.

We need to think outside this box.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by ogmask: 7:32am On Jun 04, 2016
tomakint:

What are you saying? Mention one area or State in Niger Delta that has huge FG projects as we have in Lagos, Kaduna, Oyo, Kano, Ogun, undecided or just want to attract trouble?

Whose fault is it that there is no HUGE FEDERAL GOVT PROJECT in the Niger delta. An ijaw man was in power for 6 active years yet he couldn't attract Jack. Even the amnesty, Niger delta ministry and nddc created by his predecessors became political settlement establishments. Your excuse is lame.

1 Like

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by oduastates: 7:36am On Jun 04, 2016
Ruke1989:

the money used to pay Julius Berger and the so called construction businesses in Lagos in the 70s came from oil. oil exploration Started as early as 1957. don't try to change history. before then Lagos didn't have the infrastructures it had so be guided

Explain this.
Looks better than the Lagos of today

Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by mashnino(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2016
Sprintson:

You are correct sir,
I still maintain the fact that what they need in that region is just supervision so the poor masses of that zone will be touched with good governance such that in future they would NOT ever support any miltant group or whatsoever..
I love your point NOT some persons claiming FG didn't develop Lagos and all that which wasn't even the intention of the thread in the first place now that clearly shows how myopic and shallow their minds can be when important issues are brought to the fore.
Imagine such people in govt? They will tell you Lagos developed the Niger Delta and the war will never CEASE!!!

That is why i am really scared when our batch of nigerians start being governors and president

Some of them will still hold the grudges of today's issues and we might not even move forward...

I just hope something touches them before we get there
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 6:07am On Jun 05, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

I don't even see the sense in this meaningless rubbish.

Coz you are so blind..
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 6:11am On Jun 05, 2016
naijaking1:

Forget those guys! Time will tell. Only thing is I don't blame them..
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 6:17am On Jun 05, 2016
mashnino:

That is why i am really scared when our batch of nigerians start being governors and president

Some of them will still hold the grudges of today's issues and we might not even move forward...

I just hope something touches them before we get there

Coz we don't tell ourselves the truth..
The day we tell ourselves truths from that day we will live peacefully onward.
Just Imagine a simple thing is bringing many useless comparisms between cities even when they know you are saying the truth..
What does it take to understand that Lagos was developed with Oil wealth as well other states? How many structures did Lord lugard and Mcpherson ever build apart from a few and developing Ikoyi for themselves?
Re: Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics) by Sprintson(m): 6:21am On Jun 05, 2016
aresa:

So, Your less than 10 rubbish is all it took to develop Lagos? See ya life grin

Make sure you pass it down to your kids that our industrial estates in Lagos developed Lagos and Nigeria..

Btw, the best and the most sophisticated bridge in west africa is in Lagos and it was not built by your FG, it was build by the people of Lagos state like hundreds if not thousands of projects started and commissioned by the Lagos state government.

In the last 8 years, the Lagos state government started and completed more projects than your FG and the rest of the 35 states combined many times over...

I know you people see the FG as your alfa and omega, you think the FG is responsible for your lives and the air you breath, you beg for road, for bridge, for airport and everything under the sun, you can not do anything by yourself so it makes sense to thong the FG is responsible for other people's hard work.

Sucks to be you people for real..

Am not as foolish as you..
Am not from Niger delta rather am just trying to see if we can chart a way forward for the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigerians Can Look After Themselves When Infrastructure Is In Place / APC Presidential Primary: Yahaya Bello's Supporters Commend Nigerians / Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.