Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,367 members, 7,826,448 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts (24320 Views)

Restructuring: Implement Confab Report Now - Jonathan Advises Buhari / RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) / Saraki Denies Joining PDP, Says Report Is Junk Journalism(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ogmask: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2016
woodcook:

Are you saying every government that comes to power should reject any policy they were against before coming to power irrespective of whether such policies are in the interest of the nation?

This is not about Buhari this is about the interest of our nation which superceds that of any single individual.

It is quite sad that we are yet to learn from the fall out of unguarded uterances mented out on the past government and how such actions set a bad precedence which has been hunting this present government.

I would supposed that what a president that has a genuine interest of the masses and future of Nigeria in heart would do is either pass it to the senate to review and see if we can implement it in the first place or not rather than outright rejection.

Every successful nation trives on continuity!

In the first place the president does not have the power to implement it. So no need for this your epistle. Having said that, the NASS which is empowered to implement it should take it up. The pro conference report apologists can lobby their reps in the NASS to kick start the implementation of the report.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ElCount: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2016
shaqhead:

What u opined is wrong on a whole lot of fronts
1. The issue of the confab report not having the legal backing (NO FORCE OF LAW) as it stands is jst what is-a document with RECOMMENDATIONS! This is the death knell of that document as the National assembly will be its. burial ground. Even GEJ was advised on that but its obvios that political expediency had free reign over and above the propriety of that course of action! Buhari cant dust that document and implement without it been debated by the house! Does the PIB bill come to mind, what has become of it?

Do not forget that the National assembly never bought into the idea of the conference and they made that abundantly clear. If GEJ had to wait till 2 days to the end of his tenure before he sent it to the national assembly in a PDP dominated house, and it wasnt looked at for a second, tells u so much that he knows it wont go anywhere beyond the archives!

2. Point of correction: The TSA is "nobody's" idea not even GEJ's but it has always bn a part of our constitution but its implementation was never done until now! Maybe u are confusin BVN for TSA!

3. The arguments for and against the removal of subsidy predates GEJ but it was in GEJ's was there the first genuine attempt to remove the fraud called subsidy. The "what" and the "how" is now history!

Lets try to be civil and less emotional in our arguments and instead of channeling our energy on PMB, we should get in touch with our Senators and Reps on this issue like we did on the budget! If we can get substantial commitment from them!Then, maybe we can blow the rooof off PMBs head!

Goodmornin
The Confab may not have had the backing of the Law but notwithstanding it was very much necessary maybe this link might help couldn't find the exact article but this is close www.premiumtimesng.com/national-conference/2014-nigerian-national-conference-facts-nigerians-must-know-c-d-orike/

Can't say much about the TSA for now but as for the subsidy even though it predates the GEJ regime it does not change the fact that buhari was against it and eventually subscribed to it in his own regime which was the point I was making.
Good morning to you to
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by Izonpikin: 10:08am On Jun 04, 2016
PassingShot:

If my quote below does not answer your question, I can't help your case.
you seem not to broadcast it like one who is a proponent of it....You just hide behind that statement...

Broadcast it..

cheesy....

I can smell wayo...

I hail o my brother...
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ElCount: 10:09am On Jun 04, 2016
ogmask:

It's so easy to insult buhari but you forgot that Jonathan couldn't do it either. If the man who started had more than a year to implement it and he couldn't then what are we even wasting our time here debating it.
Where did you get that time frame of "more than a year" from?
GEJ got the report in August 2014 and by may 2015 he was out
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ogmask: 10:11am On Jun 04, 2016
KissCODE:
people like you are the reason why PMB is so sick today.
People like you are the reason why NDA, IPOB, Fulani herdsmen & other forms militancy is raising PMB‘s blood presure.
People like you are the reason why PMB might end up breaking Nigeria into multiple particules.

It is just bad that PMB does not listen to those that will tell him the present day reality.

What's in the report that the ipob is fighting for. What's in the report that NDA is clamouring for its implementation. A conference that was based on political calculations and deceit. For your info, secession was not part of the conference discussion. What's the fuse about the report Realy. Is it increase in derivation that our senators and reps can't push. Is it start police they can not defend. Pls tell me one very significant part of that report that will need only the president of this country to implement.
Btw, you need to answer this question. Why couldn't Jonathan implement it. What was his reason for not doing it. Did he make any effort to implement it. Pls tell me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 10:12am On Jun 04, 2016
Adminisher:
I just love this President. The confab was an after thought by Jonathan to deflect attention away from corruption allegations against his government and his terrible performance against Boko Haram. In the heat of the pressure he hurriedly put together a jamboree that produced nothing. Abacha 's own was also the sane.

Let the National Assembly do their jobs. They can ammendments the constitution incrementally without the President. It is not in Buhari's oath of office and targets to restructure Nigeria. He did not promise it and he won't do it. Let our elected reps do the needful if they are really up to it

You surely speaks like someone who pass through school, but WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF GETTING EDUCATED.

Who in his right senses will not support THE RESTRUCTURING OF NIGERIA ALONG ETHNIC/REGIONAL LINES .
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by stefan388: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2016
pacino26:
Ok

Who else thinks the country is as confused as the citizenry who don't have a clear definition of what they really want. While some fault the rationale behind holding a conference when such funds would've been put to use in other sector, a bulk few including my humble self is angered by the the capability and credibility of participants. Bringing old men and women to discuss our future, the present is their making so you'll understand where I am coming from.

In all same old recommendations were made and the document archived. I wouldn't fault Buhari, but posterity will remember him if he dusts it up and make good use of it.

I don tire for the confusion in this country.
Your degree of confusion is even worse than those your father age group you are referring to as useless. A very small boy like you is happy painting very senior people is much more confused and is most likly to be carrying a brain regions that have so many loosed nuts.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by stefan388: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2016
pacino26:
Ok

Who else thinks the country is as confused as the citizenry who don't have a clear definition of what they really want. While some fault the rationale behind holding a conference when such funds would've been put to use in other sector, a bulk few including my humble self is angered by the the capability and credibility of participants. Bringing old men and women to discuss our future, the present is their making so you'll understand where I am coming from.

In all same old recommendations were made and the document archived. I wouldn't fault Buhari, but posterity will remember him if he dusts it up and make good use of it.

Your degree of confusion is even worse than those your father age group you are referring to as useless. A very small boy like you is happy painting very senior people is much more confused and is most likly to be carrying an updown body system that have so many loosed nuts.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by suavetony(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2016
Let him continue to open his mouth day by day without reasoning properly nor considering the impact..."na him get am". The truth is that ppl are tired of 1914 amalgamation, agitation continues to grow day by day...Buhari should face the reality on ground and handle it properly or Nigeria becomes a history under his watch.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by zanebaddo(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2016
ElCount:
People are really stupid, you want nigeria to remain united, and you don't want the president to implement the confab or restructure the country even when its obvious that the confab will solve the problems facing the country presently.

Imagine someone saying gmb shouldn't implement it because he opposed it right from the outset, isn't that an indication that you don't use your brains? Pmb was against a lot of things during the GEJ regime which he has subscribed to because its the right thing to do, things like; the fight against boko haram, The Subsidy, etc Even the TSA was GEJs' idea

A lot of idiots in this country
my brother, you get strength, the way some people reason in diz Nigeria eh.. De make me high, no buhari has not adopted any policy initiated by the last administration..
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by mikejones84: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2016
this government na wahoooooooooooooooooo. .........

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ogmask: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2016
ElCount:

Where did you get that time frame of "more than a year" from?
GEJ got the report in August 2014 and by may 2015 he was out

I agree with you but what effort did he make to implement the report. The truth is the president does not have the power to do so. You pple should stop blaming a man that never had anything to do with it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by breakeven: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2016
This una president no de hear word. Are you not aware he has ear infection?. Why are you people wasting your saliva.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ElCount: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2016
zanebaddo:
my brother, you get strength, the way some people reason in diz Nigeria eh.. De make me high, no buhari has not adopted any policy initiated by the last administration..
No be small thing o! I been read the comments na so so vex I been dey vex
Like say people no dey reason again even when the truth dey there dey look them
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ElCount: 10:38am On Jun 04, 2016
ogmask:

I agree with you but what effort did he make to implement the report. The truth is the president does not have the power to do so. You pple should stop blaming a man that never had anything to do with it.
Well I know GEJ submitted it to the legislative for review
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by pacino26(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2016
kynbasil01:

imagine the garbage u displaying here to support your hero Buhari, but u forgot that Buhari whom u voted to rule us in this generation is more older than those people involved in the confab reports... I believe u have not seen or read the recommendations of the confab report..... because if u have seen it u will know that it will go a long way in maintaining one Nigeria which u clamour for.

I didn't even cast a vote for APC in all sorts bro. Just giving the old man a chance at redemption.

stefan388:
Your degree of confusion is even worse than those your father age group you are referring to as useless. A very small boy like you is happy painting very senior people is much more confused and is most likly to be carrying an updown body system that have so many loosed nuts.

I am a writer so I wanted it to appear that way in support of my post. Good to know you got my point on the confusion of the general populace youth inclusive.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ogmask: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2016
ElCount:

Agreed he did but two days befor he left office. More questions pls.
Why ddnt he just implement it as pple are now shouting buhari should do?
Why did he have to wait till the end of his tenure to do so even hen he knew he was not coming back 3months befor the end of his tenure?
What did the NASS do with the report and who is askingthem for accountability? And lastly, what significant recommendations in that report you think will make all the difference that couldn't have been done directly by the NASS?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ogmask: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2016
ElCount:

Why did he have to wait till the end of his tenure to do so even hen he knew he was not coming back 3months befor the end of his tenure?
What did the NASS do with the report and who is askingthem for accountability? And lastly, what significant recommendations in that report you think will make all the difference that couldn't have been done directly by the NASS?

Pls provide answers to the questions so we can continue our discussion. Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by ElCount: 11:02am On Jun 04, 2016
ogmask:

What are you talking about?
That was the campaign period anyone would have done thesame so as to use it as a campaign promise let's be frank about that he had barely 6months mind you the confab isn't just any project like a road contract.

Besides he can't implement it all by himself he is not a dictator like buhari, the confab will have to go thru several processes.
What national assembly are asking for accountability for love of God it was an election period.

We are criticizing buhari because he is talking about not reading it, archiving and how useless the confab was unlike GEJ who gave it attention
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by dablazor: 11:03am On Jun 04, 2016
Going through the comments on this thread and I almost have tears in my eyes, an average Nigerian youth bases critical developmental initiatives on sentiments, and politicizes crumbs.
I see people saying 'why didnt GEJ implement it, why should Buhari implement it'

Does it matter who implements it and who doesn't? Are most of you just so zombified that you can't have a mind of your own and so thoroughly look at the issue on ground?
Does it matter who implements it? Isn't the recommendations from the confab a giant stride in the right direction for our country? Why should you care if GEJ didnt implement it? Well screw him!

I have lost all hope in our youths, most of you are all just sentimental, and political tools.

We all know a fact, Nigeria when practising regionalism is a million times better than Nigeria now. Keep being mouthpieces of your retrogressed messiah.

I give up on you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by suco01(m): 11:07am On Jun 04, 2016
ElCount:
People are really stupid, you want nigeria to remain united, and you don't want the president to implement the confab or restructure the country even when its obvious that the confab will solve the problems facing the country presently.

Imagine someone saying gmb shouldn't implement it because he opposed it right from the outset, isn't that an indication that you don't use your brains? Pmb was against a lot of things during the GEJ regime which he has subscribed to because its the right thing to do, things like; the fight against boko haram, The Subsidy, etc Even the TSA was GEJs' idea

lot of idiots in this country

Pls outline 3 point hw confab will solve d problem in dis country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by stefan388: 11:19am On Jun 04, 2016
TheFreeOne:
If we fail to restructure this country asap then decades down the road we'll still be talking about no light, no water, Fulani terrorists, ND militancy, marginalization, ethnicity, Biafra, no good roads, poor education, lack of development e.t.c

Every Nigerian that loves freedom and development should support restructuring to drive competitive development amongst states and regions cos that's the only solution out of our present quagmire.

How long shall the poor keeps sacrificing for the sins of politicians and the rich?

LET'S EMANCIPATE OURSELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY AND SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER.
Buhari would have been the right man to restructure this country by taking on the report of the conference but he will never do that because of the ethnic group (Fulani) he belongs and what he strongly believed based on his religion. They are lovers of themselves alone and never for others.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by stefan388: 11:19am On Jun 04, 2016
TheFreeOne:
If we fail to restructure this country asap then decades down the road we'll still be talking about no light, no water, Fulani terrorists, ND militancy, marginalization, ethnicity, Biafra, no good roads, poor education, lack of development e.t.c

Every Nigerian that loves freedom and development should support restructuring to drive competitive development amongst states and regions cos that's the only solution out of our present quagmire.

How long shall the poor keeps sacrificing for the sins of politicians and the rich?

LET'S EMANCIPATE OURSELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY AND SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER.
Buhari would have been the right man to restructure this country by taking on the report of the conference but he will never do that because of the ethnic group (Fulani) he belongs and what he strongly believed based on his religion. They are lovers of themselves alone and never for others.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2016
PassingShot:

Let's leave emotions out of it and approach this issue with logical reasoning.

1. A national conference cannot be said to be credible without the input of all sections of the country and that of the main opposition party.

2. The legal backing must be in place for such conference to stand the test of time. In this case, it lacked the legal backing. Not in the constitution and not backed by any bill to the NASS. So, at best, the one GEJ did was a political conference for political ends.

3. PMB never campaigned with it. It was PDP/GEJ that campaigned with it. As such, it amounts to self-deceit for anyone to expect a president and his party that never believed in that jamboree to come on board and implement a report that was a product of political calculations and not of nation building.

Remember also that GEJ did not show any readiness to implement that report. My deduction is based on the fact that he only managed to send the report to Senate just two days to the end of his tenure (May 27th, 2015 to be precise) http://thewillnigeria.com/news/jonathan-sends-2014-national-conference-report-to-national-assembly/. A report that was submitted to him on August 21, 2014. Do you sincerely think GEJ would have done anything with that political report?

Talking about emotions and sentiments it beats my imagination how you able to wove these whole discussion around GEJ?

My dear brother the future of Nigeria is way beyond GEJ and PMB, it is all about what is good for Nigerians and the future of Nigeria. You want to talk logic and deduction, every single economic or political ideals that are implemented by government are not legalized they were looked at and believed to be at the interest of the nation.

Are you saying that if the presidency take out time to look and the report and found something beneficiary to the interest of our country that the senator/rep member won't figure a way to implement it without throwing the entire democracy process into disarry (afterall the likes of you were happy that the current administration ignored rule of law in arresting and detaining some suspect. You guys even backed your stand with the saying that it was for the interest of the nation what has changed now?)

As for GEJ not implementing it or according to you never had the desire to implement it, was it not for his lack of will to move the nation forward that he was voted out? Why then would you want to give the present administration a pass on such behavior

I am yet to find out the law that legalized NOI economics 'policies' and that of Kemi, it is sad when we start playing smart on this that shouldn't until we start looking at our national issues beyond party, ethnic and religious line we will keep going in a circle.

This is common sense, we spent a lot on that report it does not matter how many people partook in it what matters is that is there something beneficiary to the interest of Nigeria that can be adopted from the report? The answer to that question we will never know because the present government does not want to look into it and in a way does not continue from where the past government left off.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 04, 2016
Nigeria needs a serious revolution but ain't seen that happening. We only have Internet warriors grin grin. Everybody wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die grin grin. You guys should keep suffering and smiling, what's my business lolz.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by scachy(m): 11:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Buhari is a confused Dullard
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by smirn(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
chernest2002:
Buhari is a failure and a dictator.
Just as GEJ failed in implementing the political Confab he dictated before being shamefully defeated out of office.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by 49cents(m): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
pacino26:
Ok

Typical nairalander

"You won't fault Buhari if he doesn't implement" BUT posterity will remember for good if he dusts the document and uses it"

Can you not speak from both sides of the mouth for once?
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by chernest2002: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
smirn:

Just as GEJ failed in implementing the political Confab he dictated before being shamefully defeated out of office.
gej failed to implement it because of people like you, but only time Will tell. one year have gone and it was disastrous in Nigeria economy, many are now regretting voting gej out soon people like you will join, that is if you are not just being a sycophant.
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by pacino26(m): 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
49cents:

Typical nairalander

"You won't fault Buhari if he doesn't implement" BUT posterity will remember for good if he dusts the document and uses it"

Can you not speak from both sides of the mouth for once?

That's where the Nsukka man will say 'confused gadima' grin
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by kaboninc(m): 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
lastpage:

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Majority of Nigerians are HYPOCRITES!

I have asked the same question.... and many more:

1.) If that report was very important and a panacea to most of the problems we have in this country, why did Jonathan Goodluck who funded it with our tax, his Party which supported it, not implement it for a whole year when they kept it in their archive?

2.) Why is it that it is "Secessionist elements" (IPAD, AVENgers and their senior brothers in the PDP and the Eastern part of the country ar ethe ones who want the Report implemented NOW?

3.) Why is it that these people think that the report can be implemented in "pockets" ...and not as a whole? (having conceded that some of the proposals are plain dumb!). Why did they not insist a good job be done in the first place?

4.) How is it that people think that the Report will solve the "most important" of our problems?
For example: Hoe does the Report solve the problem of Power? or Petrol Scarcity? ... when we all know that these problems are caused by CORRUPTION! or does the report provide a solution to the problems of corruption, which is better than how this administration is tackling it?

5.) When the reports preaches "Autonomy" of LGA's, l wonder whether those advocating for such know the implications, without first solving some knotty issues in the constitution.
LGA's a the highest level of corruption in this country and we seem not to take notice.
Even now that they dont have autonomous accounts, what have they done with the money they have been getting all these years?
The just collect their allocation and share it ..or loot it and use it to buy houses abroad.

6.) they said the Confab report was produced by Nigeria's best minds! People who have excelled in their chosen profession That is laughable.

Yes, they may have "excelled" but these group of people are the actual cause of our problems, ab initio!
A Phd holder who is clueless and a grand-father of corruption?
"Military Generals" or NSA who looted money meant for the Military?
A Senior Lawyer like FFK, who take illicit and corrupt funds?
What about Olisah Metuh?

All these people have excelled in their chosen profession but that does not make them "exceptional", as events have shown! They are no better than ordinary thieves.

I can go on forever, to show that the Confab was a waste of resources, a "boys come and Chop" jamboree where Jonathan used money to silence people's conscience. He hand-picked his "yes-men" into that confab and it was a confab of people that looted/destroyed Nigeria, one way or the other

We tend to put things upside down in this country.
Aside Corruption, which is the "producer" of most of our problems, our immediate problem is the "criminal Constitution" that was written for us by Criminals, further amended by Military thieves like IBB, Abdusalam, OBJ... and foisted on the country by these criminals.

That Constitution was DESIGNED TO PERPETUATE CRIMINALITY AND PROTECT "EXECUTIVE" CRIMINALS.
Until "we the people" draft another constitution that protects and puts "the people" FIRST above all others, we will be building our house on a Fraudulent foundation.
Infact, it is that fraudulent Constitution that criminals are currently using, to escape Justice.

Let us amend all shady-areas of that constitution ... or just write another one.
It is only after that, we can now "confab" based on a sound foundation.

How can you have state Police when even now, some Governors have turned themselves to tin-gods, without a State Police yet, using their "constitutional powers"?

Are we supposed to create more problems, while trying to solve smaller ones?

Over five Decades of "resource imbalance", cannot be built-upon, by implementing resource control. It will never happen.
We need "correct" those imbalances in our resources, before any part of the country can even think of sitting on a resource that used to belong to the whole country.

I know the greedy ones want it all for themselves "right now" but they should understand that its either we all have it for now (while imbalances are being corrected) or no one would have it.

BTW: I am not against the President "reading" the Report....there will certainly be thing she can "appreciate" in it, even if just to understand "the plot" of these people. grin grin

Lastpage!

Sometimes, I wonder if you are really well...I mean well upstairs. In other threads that has nothing to do with politics, you show some brilliance, some intelligence and great understanding of the issues discussed; but when it comes to issues that have to do with Jonathan, it becomes a shame of what comes out of you.

That confab report was meant to address the perceived defects in our constitution. That confab was well represented by Nigerians (except the APC) from all works of life and the considerations of various interest groups. That confab report had some elements which cannot be addressed through executive fiat but through the National Assembly. The component that needs the action of the National Assembly could also require the amendment of the constitution and would take care of "Nigerians writing the constitution that they deserve by themselves".

Every thread about marginalization you visit, you are always on the grind of I.P.O.B which you have conveniently turned into IP.AD or the Niger Delta but never have you considered the agitations of the Afenifere and Arewa groups (which ironically are the same as the groups you despise). You always have an axe to grind with the South East and South South and honestly, from one who admires your brilliance in other topics, it makes you look f.oolish!

Now not only that you condemn the Confab report, you also brought in your hate for the same region that the report was designed to address the problems facing both you and I. It appalling come from you.

Let me just let you know this. The cry of marginalization is not just about the Igbos or the Niger Deltans; it transcends every ethnic group in Nigeria, no matter how small. Why you don't hear the voice of the Tungas in Kebbi or those in Taraba or the Chibok in Borno is because they do not have a loud voice, just yet. The same problem that report seeks to address is happening today before your very own eyes. We have rising instability and increasing tension in the Niger Delta (and gosh, you forget that 90% of our earnings come from oil...some of you might think oh, we are diversifying but you forget that oil is the engine house for sustainable growth, at least in the next 50 years or more to come, in the world!), we are witnessing rising ethnic tension most especially within the Middle Belt region, we are seeing rising religious intolerance mostly between Christians and Moslems and not to talk of the Boko Haram menace. Oh, and the little packets of criminal activities which are as a result of neglect by politicians or public office holders or the society at large.

Oh, and the Mega status of Touts in Lagos, threatening the growth and survival of businesses. But rather than see the merit, you jump from thread to thread insulting tribes...making a f.ool of yourself even at your age, at your experience? If not for the posts I see in other threads from you, I would have long termed you an ethnic bigot. Well, am still considering it.

You may underestimate the agitations of these individuals but note that not attending to a problem when it is still at its tender stage, the consequences could be great. Today, one man who is still in prison undergoing trial could influence a large mammoth crowd, could reawaken a cause and command a large following. But you, you sit down behind a screen and all you do is type I.P.A.D.

You've been calling the bluffs of these militants (what ever name they call themselves or whatever cause they claim to pursue) but I am sure you know what is happening.

You better man up and be responsible for once! You are not in our league. When we get to your league, we will be expected to act in a certain way and definitely not this way you're acting!
Re: Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts by lailo: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
woodcook:

Are you saying every government that comes to power should reject any policy they were against before coming to power irrespective of whether such policies are in the interest of the nation?

This is not about Buhari this is about the interest of our nation which superceds that of any single individual.

It is quite sad that we are yet to learn from the fall out of unguarded uterances mented out on the past government and how such actions set a bad precedence which has been hunting this present government.

I would supposed that what a president that has a genuine interest of the masses and future of Nigeria in heart would do is either pass it to the senate to review and see if we can implement it in the first place or not rather than outright rejection.

Every successful nation trives on continuity!
Who told u dat d confab implementation is d solution to Nigeria's problem?We were formally running a parliamentary system of gov b4 it was discarded for Presidential type.So many suggestions,introductions and panacea have been suggested and tried,yet Nigeria did not work.Even if they implement everything in d confab,it will not still work bcs our problem is created by ourselves,EVIL MINDSET,d grandfather of CORRUPTION.Unless a God-fearing leader leads,no single regional autonomy can even work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labour Party Vice Presidential Candidate, Yusuf Datti Visits Sheikh Qaribullah / We’re On Standby To Ensure Tinubu Is Sworn In As President – Nigerian Military / Explosions, Gunshots Rock Rivers TV, Radio Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.