Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

How Do You Cope With A Newly Married Couple Living With Extended Family Members? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With A Newly Married Couple Living With Extended Family Members? (1446 Views)

How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With A Newly Married Couple Living With Extended Family Members? by ajoks1904(f): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
Hi all,
My marriage is less than a year old and I have a permanent in-law that lives with us. She is a pain in the ass and gets really irritating. The worse part of the whole saga is the fact that she doesnt like it whenever we have a guest around, even my own siblings. Its really getting on my nerves and each time i discuss it with my husband,we end up arguing over it and I dont want it to cause a hitch for my marriage. Not forgetting that she has her good points too but its frustrating when you know there is no way out for now!!!!
Am considering getting a househelp soon but can u imagine her kicking against the idea because she doesnt want anyone to share the tiolet and bathroom with her? She nags and complains each time a guest uses the restroom??
I know our culture kicks against chasing inlaws especially if they have been staying in the house before the new wife gets into the house!!! Please advice. Thanks
Re: How Do You Cope With A Newly Married Couple Living With Extended Family Members? by modele2: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
I feel you,
I could only think of da ff:
1. Begin to lobby for a bigger appartment- kids might soon come being the ammunition.
2. Cajole or stylishly make her do more house work, ask very nicely with a warm smile, buy her things to show your love so when you ask it would be difficult to refuse you, this would make her see the need for a house help.
3. Discussing with your hubby might be futile, becos think about it, what can he possibly do.
4. When she complains about the toilet, if ur hubby is arround, voice out the need for a bigger appartment so she would be more comfortable, your hubby might get the message.
Good luck smiley

(1) (Reply)

What's So Special About Honeymoon That We've Not Done Back In The Days Of Bf/gf ? / Welcome To The Motherhood ... / Have You Noticed That some Couples Tend To Look Alike As They Grow Older?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.