Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue (39150 Views)

Man And His Gang Exposed After Taking Suspicious Photos At Military Event. / Man Intercepted With Suspicious, Offensive & Dirty Fetish Items In Delta(pics) / PHOTO: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt Alive In Benue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Aroh48(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=ireneony post=46389291] No matter the offence, we should learn not to put laws in our hand.
Let the law serve its due course angry

[/quoteNot in this case.I love mosiac law.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
BenueBlog:
Yesterday morning, an unidentified man was burnt alive by a mob in Aliede, Gwer East local government of Benue State, after he allegedly stabbed a member of the local vigilante group.

According to eye witnesses, trouble started when the unidentified man, said to be of northern origin, was spotted with a suspicious bag and asked to open it by the vigilante member identified as Mr Tse Vende.

As the man declined, a small tussle ensued, during which the man from the north pulled out a knife and stabbed Mr Vende twice in the neck. Passersby tried to rushed him to the hospital but he died on the way.

Angered by the development, irate youths and other members of the vigilante group seized the northerner and set him ablaze.

Aliede, a small settlement along Makurdi-Otukpo road, is notorious for jungle justice. A few months ago, two motorcycle thieves were also burnt alive.

Source: http://benue.info/photo-man-with-suspicious-bag-burnt-alive-in-benue/
quak op. U said the man is unidentified and yet it is convenient for u to link him to the north. This man could be from any part of the country. Am Not justifying any of the act but let's try to refrain from speculations when we don't have facts. Ur style of presentation can only promote hatred knowing fully well we have so many bigots and mediocres on NL who only wait to read and pour insults especially on the north and Muslims. Just like I have always said NL is junk and the moderators are quak for pushing everything to the front page. At this point in Nigeria, social platforms needs to be more sensitive. As expected I know some will attempt to throw insult at me but by doing that will further prove my point and expose the bigots am talking about.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by MistadeRegal(m): 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
If the story is true, then he called for what he got. You stabbed someone on the neck to death and expect to walk away scot free?
Kudos to Jungle Justice at times.

1 Like

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Kaira333: 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
bigseank:
this is pure madness. no matter the crime the person may have committed, there is no justification for taking a human life this way.

it is understandable to be angry, and want to act out that anger, it is only being human. but there is limit. even if he killed another, his fate should be decided by the proper authorities.......

this is sickening.
No matter d crime abi? After kill somebody. You are not serious. Kudos to them jari
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by bongolistik(m): 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
IbnIslam:
quak op. U said the man is unidentified and yet it is convenient for u to link him to the north. This man could be from any part of the country. Am Not justifying any of the act but let's try to refrain from speculations when we don't have facts. Ur style of presentation can only promote hatred knowing fully well we have so many bigots and mediocres on NL who only wait to read and pour insults especially on the north and Muslims. Just like I have always said NL is junk and the moderators are quak for pushing everything to the front page. At this point in Nigeria, social platforms needs to be more sensitive. As expected I know some will attempt to throw insult at me but by doing that will further prove my point and expose the bigots am talking about.
u might be right but the thing there why people always point accusing finger or call out the northerner in this type incident is because of the niche the northerners have carved out for themselves long ago in partaking in these types of daggar killings. It is just the repacussion that is always playing out. Just in similar manner that u will attribute anything that has to do with money to the Ibo man even if the Ibo man is not guilty in some cases.

In Economics it is called cause and effect
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by MysteriousPrinc(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
two deaths, contents of the bag still unknown........ladies and gentlemen, the world we now live in. everyone seems to be out for blood.

1 Like

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by bongolistik(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
I understand those that are trying to say no matter the crime that they should have handed the accused to the authorities, but the thing that I am not sure that you in question will do is if it was your relation that was daggared dead in that manner.. Will you also call for people to hand the accused to the authorities?
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
Roasting him is too much. They would have just cut off his two hands and legs and let him go. So that he won't be able to stab again in his entire life.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by francisbiz: 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
donholy28:
Why is it that these fools don't inflict jungle justice on the fools that actually deserve it...people like atiku
So what is the penalty for murder? Abi you no debate for secondary school?

1 Like

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by mancheeutd(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
Why u all asking what's in the bag... He was being questioned n the next thing is to bring out a knife and stab the vigilante just because his uncle is the president of a zoo... There's tension in the air already you all need to be careful if not your actions will bring equal and opposite reaction.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Nusaf: 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Some Nigerians derives pleasure in roasting their fellows but non eats the roasted meat

Jungle people!!!
Did u read the story?
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by MartinsIfeco1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
BenueBlog:
Yesterday morning, an unidentified man was burnt alive by a mob in Aliede, Gwer East local government of Benue State, after he allegedly stabbed a member of the local vigilante group.

According to eye witnesses, trouble started when the unidentified man, said to be of northern origin, was spotted with a suspicious bag and asked to open it by the vigilante member identified as Mr Tse Vende.

As the man declined, a small tussle ensued, during which the man from the north pulled out a knife and stabbed Mr Vende twice in the neck. Passersby tried to rushed him to the hospital but he died on the way.

Angered by the development, irate youths and other members of the vigilante group seized the northerner and set him ablaze.

Aliede, a small settlement along Makurdi-Otukpo road, is notorious for jungle justice. A few months ago, two motorcycle thieves were also burnt alive.

Source: http://benue.info/photo-man-with-suspicious-bag-burnt-alive-in-benue/
What can it take him to open his bag?
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by str8talk1: 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
bigseank:

u know, it is thinking like this that make Nigeria seem backward, where in the western world is evils lyk this done. where a group of people would just descend on an individual and pronounce justice, without given him a chance to explain or defend himself. what then differentiate us from animals.

we can never truly understand what really happened that fateful day and there is nothing to justify his actions, but if u read through the post, there was a mention of a small tussle......who knows if it was indeed small, or it was just played down. who knows if that aboki was provoked beyond reason, who knows if he was stabbed first and was only defending himself.....who knows if he was only a victim of being 4rm d north......who knows, we might never.

the human life is precious and should not be taken, if at all not in such barbaric way. it should be swift and just with little suffering.

with all due respect, i hope you are not talking like this to pacify yourself for probably partaking in such bastardly act. those who sharply carry tyre also av blood running through them, na mentality different......

Seriously,u need to b taken to a mental rehab.
Retard!
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by timsonpreye(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Some Nigerians derives pleasure in roasting their fellows but non eats the roasted meat

Jungle people!!!
mk thunder fire u, u jst saw dat d northern was d first to kill n u are saying nonsense
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Nusaf: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2016
ireneony:
No matter the offence, we should learn not to put laws in our hand.
Let the law serve its due course angry

If the Vigilante member that he stabbed to death were your relation I don't think u will say this.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Nusaf: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
IAMMRTWHYTE:
Roasting him is too much. They would have just cut off his two hands and legs and let him go. So that he won't be able to stab again in his entire life.
I think that is a better jungle justice.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by debuscket(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But, they will hail a politician that embezzled funds meant for them.

thunder fire u there 10times, so they ought to let the aboki man go scout-free after murdering there colleague in cold blood. People like u don't deserve to live @all
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by MartinsIfeco1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
shortgun:
If he had opened the bag maybe he will still be alive......but a.bo*ki will always behave like a cow
Onye ujo ji ndu ha na onye ike
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Nusaf: 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
timsonpreye:
mk thunder fire u, u jst saw dat d northern was d first to kill n u are saying nonsense
Don't mind the he-goat. I doubt he read the story.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by debuscket(m): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
bigseank:

u know, it is thinking like this that make Nigeria seem backward, where in the western world is evils lyk this done. where a group of people would just descend on an individual and pronounce justice, without given him a chance to explain or defend himself. what then differentiate us from animals.

we can never truly understand what really happened that fateful day and there is nothing to justify his actions, but if u read through the post, there was a mention of a small tussle......who knows if it was indeed small, or it was just played down. who knows if that aboki was provoked beyond reason, who knows if he was stabbed first and was only defending himself.....who knows if he was only a victim of being 4rm d north......who knows, we might never.

the human life is precious and should not be taken, if at all not in such barbaric way. it should be swift and just with little suffering.

with all due respect, i hope you are not talking like this to pacify yourself for probably partaking in such bastardly act. those who sharply carry tyre also av blood running through them, na mentality different......

people like you are the ones encouraging these aboki to perpetuate crime/violence everywhere. What is there to explain after killing a man for just asking an innocent question. I tire for some pple shaa

1 Like

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by LaExpert: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
IbnIslam:

1. 'Unidentified' in this kind of news simply means his name isn't known. You can only identify someone in the news via his name.

2. The man is said to be from the North, that can easily be determined by the language he spoke with the vigilante plus mode of dressing plus his accent.

Whichever way, Northerner or not, the burnt man could have easily averted all these had he cooperated with the guard. That still doesn't justify the mob's actions too.

1 Like

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by lurdkriss: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ageb joor,make una leave jungle justice for one side,these abokis are too quick with their daggers,they believe they can kill and nothing will happen,I'm sure if it waz ur family member u won't be saying this.. abeg kill d nigga joor..no time

2 Likes

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by 41lady(m): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
bigseank:
this is pure madness. no matter the crime the person may have committed, there is no justification for taking a human life this way.

it is understandable to be angry, and want to act out that anger, it is only being human. but there is limit. even if he killed another, his fate should be decided by the proper authorities.......

this is sickening.
So U want it to be 1 - 0,
it is better that it ends 1 - 1. In this end time, where everybody is cautions and a stranger is asked to disclose d content of his bag, he refused and proceeded to stap a person and you want him to be free. You are the wicked set of human I have seen in my life.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by carinmom(f): 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
bigseank:

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by carinmom(f): 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
bigseank:

Answers i cannot give. the one thing i know is that with this Homo-Erectus way of thinking where citizens of the same country are treated and victimised based on tribe would probably take us back to the Stoneage.....

u see, sure some of those abokis get am for body, but see i live in the west. the way this guys are treated like scum just because a few imbeciles decided to take religion to the extreme. i witnessed a scene were a water pusher hustling for his daily bread was beaten, his money taken, his water poured on him all just because he had a beard. truth.

is this not enough to keep a dagger for self defense?, its still this same guyz that go home and tell their fellow tribes men, what they encountered, their personal experience and opinions of how savage the other tribes are, and the circle of hate just keeps going round.

Hmmm no one could have said it better.
Jungle justice is never the solution.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by billyG(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hmmm!watch dem come back in d nite 2 pick his roasted meat.
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by abdulaz: 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
eyeview:
Why didn't he just open the bag? Why must he stab somebody that told him to open his bag twice in the neck? Was he expected to keep his own life after taking another?
Him na undertaker na undecided
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by MartinsIfeco1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
shortgun:
If he had opened the bag maybe he will still be alive......but a.bo*ki will always behave like a cow
Onye ujo ji ndu ha na onye ike You be like

Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by owielinus(m): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
bigseank:

this is sickening.

which authorities?
what's bad in him opening d bag in d first place
he deserved it
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by Eeroh95(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
Benue people are fund of doing this...

And the worst part is he is been burnt by a thief[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue by cruzyteejay(m): 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
I still don't understand why a particular part of the country is allowed to carry "DAGGER" everywhere they go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female UNIZIK Student Found Dead Near Commissioners Quarters In Anambra. Photo / Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta / One Legged Thief Caught In Lagos, Inside Ceiling At A Shopping Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.