Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta (39156 Views)

Chinyere Magella Ogudoro & Brother Burnt Alive By Husband,Benjamin Ogudoro / Wanted Abia Major Drug Supplier Arrested With 100kg Cocaine, Cannabis (Pix) / Arms Supplier With Charms & Weapons Arrested By Soldiers In Nasarawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by OddsIsland(m): 6:03am On Jul 25, 2019
Two years after a manhunt was launched for him, operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team have arrested a 46-year-old arms dealer, Godwin Chinyere. Chinyere is believed to have sold the firearms, ammunition and rocket launchers used by the suspected billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Owuamadike, alias Evans.

Police sources told our correspondent that Evans, who was arrested in June 2017 in his apartment at the Magodo area of Lagos State by the IRT operatives, led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, confessed during interrogation that some of the rocket launchers and AK-47 rifles used by members of his gang robbery and kidnapping operations were supplied by Chinyere.

The sources explained that the IRT operatives launched a manhunt for Chinyere that time, but he went into hiding when he discovered that Evans had been apprehended.

One of the sources said Chinyere came out of hiding recently when he felt that since the Evans case had stalled in court, the IRT operatives might have stopped looking for him.

He was reportedly trailed to his hideout in Asaba, Delta State, where he was apprehended.

Chinyere confessed to journalists that he sold five AK-47 rifles to Evans, adding that he had turned a new leaf before the suspected kidnapper was arrested.

He stated, “I learnt how to make guns from a village known as Abala and I spent three years learning the skill before I started making my own. I usually sell locally-made double-barrelled guns for the sum of N10,000 and the single-barrelled for N6,000, while the short guns were sold for N10,000 each.

“One of my customers, Samuel Nwakpa, who was coming from Kaduna State to buy guns from me, was the one who linked me with big arms dealers in Chad and Niger Republic. They were the people, who supplied me with the five AK-47 rifles that I sold to Evans.

“I met Evans when he came to my village to treat his bullet wound and his native doctor connected him to me. Evans paid me the sum of N1.7m for the five AK-47 rifles. I took my share and gave the rest of the money to Nwakpa, who also supplied rocket launchers to Evans. I knew that Evans was using the arms for armed robbery and kidnapping.

“Before Evans was arrested, I had stopped the business and turned a new leaf, but I fled and went into hiding when he was arrested because I knew he was going to mention my name to the police, and I didn’t know that the police were still looking for me when I came out of hiding. I warned Evans to stop kidnapping when I turned a new leaf, but he didn’t listen to me.”

When the Force spokesperson, Frank Mba, was contacted, he confirmed Chinyere’s arrest and stated that a lot of weapons were recovered from him.

Mba added that investigators discovered that Chinyere was a major arms supplier to Evans and other kidnappers.

Source: https://punchng.com/evans-arms-supplier-apprehended-in-delta/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Kingpee2(m): 6:18am On Jul 25, 2019
No picture of the said criminal abi Op?

1 Like

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by thesicilian: 6:29am On Jul 25, 2019
So guns are sold so cheaply in this country. No wonder armed robbery and kidnapping are so rampant.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by odave: 6:31am On Jul 25, 2019
You mean Na only one supplier Evans get? Police no dey supply him weapon? Tell me another lie abeg.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by princemillla(m): 6:34am On Jul 25, 2019
He should face the harsh tune of the law.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by juvewalex(m): 6:37am On Jul 25, 2019
Where is the criminal and so many guns recovered from him as claimed by the police ?

7 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Nemesis909: 6:45am On Jul 25, 2019
odave:
You mean Na only one supplier Evans get? Police no dey supply him weapon? Tell me another lie abeg.

Since you are no longer in the gang, can you give us the names of the officers you and your boys bought the weapons from?

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Nemesis909: 6:56am On Jul 25, 2019
Na dem be this.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by franchasng: 8:11am On Jul 25, 2019
Why haven't they executed this stupid Evans since or is Tinubu his godfather and sponsor cos that drug baron called BAT can do and undo, don't rule Tinubu out of this crime angry

15 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by incogni2o: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2019
franchasng:
Why haven't they executed this stupid Evans since or is Tinubu his godfather and sponsor cos that drug baron called BAT can do and undo, don't rule Tinubu out of this crime angry

Kidnapers just abducted three of my neighbours children on Tuesday

I pray they are released soon.

Where do they want to see 50M

So unhappy.

EDIT: It's one of his children and two of His Workers.

Kidnappers sef should know who they target, Not Hustlers.

Those people they should target should also make Nigeria better so that no one is desperate to that extent.

In summary, Dear Lord, Please intervene in this Country.

Amen

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by OkoYibo: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2019
Godwin Shinyere

Ohaneze members, where una dey.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by AbuuBilaal(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2019
Lobatan.

Where are the Ipodians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by OkoYibo: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2019
franchasng:

Evans was once arrested in Imo state and he was released. Lagos is not Imo, Lagos has no rival in the legal and judicial aspects. The Laws of Lagos State as amended was copied by the FG and that's what they are using. These laws were revised under Tinubu.

You guys lack home training and that's why you always support crime and criminals. When Evans was arrested, you muddy clowns were calling for him to be released despite the fact that he kidnapped only igbos.

Evans would be duly punished and make a scapegoat to you and you muddy criminals can go to hell.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Blackfire(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2019
Rubbish...

Let them go jooor
Blackfire:
Rubbish...

Let them go jooor

Why don't you go and stand surety for them?

7 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by bro4u: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2019
You turned a new leaf and weapons were discovered with you when you got arrested

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Toscarele: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Did I just see rocket launchers, jeez this criminals ain't joking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by OkoYibo: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2019
juvewalex:
Where is the criminal and so many guns recovered from him as claimed by the police ?

Why don't you go to the Lagos State Police command and ask them there instead of disturbing us here?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by morikee: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Job welldone boys kudos

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by addikt(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Where is the so called Evans seff..... free I guess ..lol
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by OkoYibo: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2019
odave:

This is the first one they are publicly announcing his arrest.

If you know more suppliers of arms to Evans, your statement would be useful in prosecuting him.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Flier: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2019
franchasng:
Nigerian youth.How can this one be a leader of tommorow

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by mimilogistics: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2019
Very good development, they should interrogate him further, there must be many more of them hiding or on the run, the authority need to nab them all because they are even deadlier than the kidnappers smiley

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by OkoYibo: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2019
addikt:
Where is the so called Evans seff..... free I guess ..lol

You think Lagos is like Imo state who initially caught Evans and released him to continue kidnapping?

He would be made a scapegoat to other flatheaded criminals.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2019
Another fulani herdsboy
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Blackfire(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2019
OkoYibo:

Why don't you go and stand surety for them?

And who are you
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2019
thesicilian:
So guns are sold so cheaply in this country. No wonder armed robbery and kidnapping are so rampant.
second hand Ak can sell for as low as #185k in Delta or bayelsa

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Riversides2003(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2019
Ncan
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by GeneralPula: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2019
thesicilian:

Guns are sold cheaply everywhere around the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by EricBloodAxe: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2019
Nemesis909:

Since you are no longer in the gang, can you give us the names of the officers you and your boys bought the weapons from?
Why d post pain u? Are u one of the officers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Niece, 4 Others Arrested For Drug Trafficking (Photo) / Man With Suspicious Bag Burnt In Benue / Man Set His Wife On Fire In Benin Over Upkeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.