Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

7 Significant Numbers From The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible (22734 Views)

All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Austin234(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
I agree with u that the word 'Trinity' is not in the scripture but impliedly, it is there. Read Gen 1 vs 26, Matth. 28 vs 19, 1 John 5 vs 7.
The implied meaning here could be when u use a concise word in English language to explain something instead of sentences. Example the word Rift could mean misunderstanding between two or more persons

maximunimpact:
From number one is a total lies..... @op just quote one verse in the bible with ''Trinity'' , only one verse pls.

1 Like

Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by sanusijoyjoy: 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
charloski:
why are you senseless like this ?
never see d name DSABURI.. Omo no network...
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Emeka71(m): 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
As for 70; David lived for 70 years and was adjudged to have lived long and died of old age ; in the real sense ; a 70-years old should still be waxing strong ; e.g. Senator Florence Ita-Giwa at age 70 is still bouncing on young boys ; Pastor Adeboye is way 75-years or there about and waxing strong ; (My grandfather waxed strong until May 2013 ;died at 89-years); Saul who struck down himself at battle and was adjudged to be very active as somebody in his prime even lived more than 70-years.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by djmadridal: 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
Great.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
SYLVESTER777:
NO.7 NUMBER FOR COMPLETION/PERFECTION.GOD CREATED THE WORLD IN SIX DAYS BUT RESTED ON THE SEVENTH-DAY.THERE ARE 7CHURCHES,7SPIRITS OF GOD,7DAYS,7STARS,7CANDLESTICKS (AS USED IN REVELATION1:4-20)

You can as well add this....Samson had 7 hair locks woven separately.
We have seas, seven continent and seven heavens.
Following biblical age the world is close to being 7000yrs old and once it is.Christ will come after that then the seven vials of Gods wrath must be poured on the children of disobedience during the great tribulation that is to last for 7yrs.

Fear God...
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by djmadridal: 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
Listening...
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 06, 2016
Austin234:
I agree with u that the word 'Trinity' is not in the scripture but impliedly, it is there. Read Gen 1 vs 26, Matth. 28 vs 19, 1 John 5 vs 7.
The implied meaning here could be when u use a concise word in English language to explain something instead of sentences. Example the word Rift could mean misunderstanding between two or more persons

did u also read 1 John 5 vs 8...the three are the spirit,the water and the blood..Genesis 1:26 has no trace if trinity in it..d closest is matt 28:19...get facts straight b4 posting
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by princeonx: 12:47am On Jun 06, 2016
Una never still explain the apple wey Adam and Eve chop! cool
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by maximunimpact(m): 12:56am On Jun 06, 2016
Austin234:

No matter how u twist scriptures to ensure the idea of trinity, that can never make trinity a bible teaching. Since in your system of belief "trinity" is in the center of it all, how come you can't find one place it is written in the bible? It's simply because it is not a bible teaching. Yet people like you will condemn others for not accepting the trinity teaching.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by esshman(m): 1:07am On Jun 06, 2016
Matt 25

10 virgins
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by enm(m): 1:51am On Jun 06, 2016
What of 59? Na bible meaning i want o.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by wealthyprince(m): 5:06am On Jun 06, 2016
Following.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by sanusidabo: 5:51am On Jun 06, 2016
As a Muslim I believe Jesus is one of the prophet of Allah. I want to advice Christians to stop deceiving themselves in trying to give Jesus another position apart from his prophet, even though his creation was miraculous but be objective of the creation of prophet Adam from that you should be able understand what I'm talking about.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by jaybee(f): 6:44am On Jun 06, 2016
maximunimpact:

No matter how u twist scriptures to ensure the idea of trinity, that can never make trinity a bible teaching. Since in your system of belief "trinity" is in the center of it all, how come you can't find one place it is written in the bible? It's simply because it is not a bible teaching. Yet people like you will condemn others for not accepting the trinity teaching.

What concerns you with trinity?

Are you a believer of the Bible?

The word 'trinity is an English word?

Have you ever seen the original Bible manuscripts?

Were the Bible manuscripts written in English language?

My verdict is that you are not competent to criticize either the Bible translations or the interpretation thereof!

if you believe the Bible read 2Peter 1:20

1 Like

Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by irynterri(f): 7:00am On Jun 06, 2016
maximunimpact:

do not use inferences and assumptions, if God is trinity why did the bible his word not use that exact word "trinity'"? it's ok you admitted the exact word is not used, that obviously means God is not a trinity. God is one, and his name is Yaweh or Jehovah, He have a Son, and his name is Jesus Christ, His active force He uses to bring his will to pass is "Spirit". It is better understood the way it is than going morethan what is written in God's word. The trinity doctrine is the most reprehensible teachings in God's name, even the proponents agree that they can't fully explain it. Besides does it make any sense at all?
if the bible is the word of God,why is the name bible not found in any of the scriptures..the bible is just a collection of few books that survived destruction many books were lost..Jesus is God..And the Word was made flesh and dwelt upon us..and the Word is God first chapter of the Gospel of John..it is a mystery and it takes one to be of high spirituality to understand these things,it is just like giving a nursery 1 kid algebra to solve he cant solve it..
drop all this your Jehovah Witness arguement

1 Like

Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 06, 2016
charloski:
why are you senseless like this ?

Bruh, common sense isn't attributed to Negro women especially modern Nigerian females. They bask in ignorance.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 06, 2016
dsaburi:
6 6 6

You should've said "6" - number of imperfection & rebellion. Lucifer prefers this as a mockery to God's perfect 7. So when tripled ie 666, it's like having complete utter, opposition to anything of God's. Read madam, don't be ignorant out of fear of the unknown, close minded to truth & clarity. Proverbs 4, choose wisdom above all. smiley
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 06, 2016
DharmyYinks:
What are seven significant numbers in the Bible, and why are they significant from other numbers listed in the Word of God?

The Number Three in the Godhead

The number three is significant in the Bible because there are three Persons in the Godhead: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They also have three significant attributes–they are omniscient (all-knowing), omnipresent (present everywhere), and omnipotent (all-powerful).

Forty, the Number of Testing

Forty is often a number of testing in the Scriptures. Israel had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years because of their unfaithfulness (Num. 14:33). Jesus and Moses fasted for 40 days and nights (Matt. 4:2; Ex 34:28). The rain fell for 40 days and 40 nights during the flood of Noah’s day (Gen. 7:12). The Israel spies were in the land of Canaan for 40 days and nights. Jesus was seen after His resurrection for 40 days.

Twelve Tribes , Apostles, and Months

Twelve seems to be the number of God’s elective service since there were 12 tribes, 12 apostles, and 12 months in the year. Even the day and night are broken down into 12-hour periods.

Seventy, the Number Connected with God’s Administration

After the flood, it was Noah’s 70 descendants who repopulated the earth (Gen. 10). The people of Judah spent 70 years in exile in Babylon (Jer. 5:11, 29:10). Jesus sent forth 70 to spread the Gospel (Luke 10:1). Seventy elders were appointed to help Moses administer Israel in the Wilderness.

Six, the Number of Created Things

God created man on the sixth day. A Hebrew servant served six years before he was freed. Man was commanded to work for six days (Ex 20:9).

Two, the Number of Unity

The man and woman became one flesh (Gen.
1:27). Two cannot walk together unless they agree (Amos 3:3). Animals were sacrificed in twos. The disciples and the apostles were sent out in twos (Matt. 6:7).

Ten, thee Number of Responsibilities

Jesus frequently used the number 10 in His parables. Egypt suffered through 10 plagues. There are 10 Commandments. On the 10th day of the first month, the Passover Lamb was offered. A tithe is one-tenth. The image that Daniel saw had 10 toes.

Source: www.faithinthenews.com/7-significant-numbers-bible/

OP, I don't think 2 is unity o.
http://www.mostamazingprophecies.com/resources/keys-to-bible-numbers
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Nnachuka(m): 9:10am On Jun 06, 2016
irynterri:
if the bible is the word of God,why is the name bible not found in any of the scriptures..the bible is just a collection of few books that survived destruction many books were lost..Jesus is God..And the Word was made flesh and dwelt upon us..and the Word is God first chapter of the Gospel of John..it is a mystery and it takes one to be of high spirituality to understand these things,it is just like giving a nursery 1 kid algebra to solve he cant solve it..
drop all this your Jehovah Witness arguement
wow madame way to take the words out of my mouth and wind off my sails with that precise knowledgeable response, bless you ma'am.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by ikorodureporta: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2016
DharmyYinks:
What are seven significant numbers in the Bible, and why are they significant from other numbers listed in the Word of God?

The Number Three in the Godhead

The number three is significant in the Bible because there are three Persons in the Godhead: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They also have three significant attributes–they are omniscient (all-knowing), omnipresent (present everywhere), and omnipotent (all-powerful).

Forty, the Number of Testing

Forty is often a number of testing in the Scriptures. Israel had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years because of their unfaithfulness (Num. 14:33). Jesus and Moses fasted for 40 days and nights (Matt. 4:2; Ex 34:28). The rain fell for 40 days and 40 nights during the flood of Noah’s day (Gen. 7:12). The Israel spies were in the land of Canaan for 40 days and nights. Jesus was seen after His resurrection for 40 days.

Twelve Tribes , Apostles, and Months

Twelve seems to be the number of God’s elective service since there were 12 tribes, 12 apostles, and 12 months in the year. Even the day and night are broken down into 12-hour periods.

Seventy, the Number Connected with God’s Administration

After the flood, it was Noah’s 70 descendants who repopulated the earth (Gen. 10). The people of Judah spent 70 years in exile in Babylon (Jer. 5:11, 29:10). Jesus sent forth 70 to spread the Gospel (Luke 10:1). Seventy elders were appointed to help Moses administer Israel in the Wilderness.

Six, the Number of Created Things

God created man on the sixth day. A Hebrew servant served six years before he was freed. Man was commanded to work for six days (Ex 20:9).

Two, the Number of Unity

The man and woman became one flesh (Gen.
1:27). Two cannot walk together unless they agree (Amos 3:3). Animals were sacrificed in twos. The disciples and the apostles were sent out in twos (Matt. 6:7).

Ten, thee Number of Responsibilities

Jesus frequently used the number 10 in His parables. Egypt suffered through 10 plagues. There are 10 Commandments. On the 10th day of the first month, the Passover Lamb was offered. A tithe is one-tenth. The image that Daniel saw had 10 toes.

Source: www.faithinthenews.com/7-significant-numbers-bible/

...so, why are churches now programming their activities to '13' & '33'
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Austin234(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2016
Remember i said imliedly. Read the scripture very well. The folowing support the trinity Gen 1 vs 26, Matth. 28 vs 18, John 1 vs 1, 1 John 5 vs 7. The theology of trinity is beyond human comprehension and that is what made God the Almighty

maximunimpact:

Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by hysteriabox(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2016
nice
from my personal studies of scripture
2 is d number of union/birthing
3 is d number of replication/reproduction/resurrection
6 is the number of man. 12 only means 6-6 which is d number of christ d new man. 6-6-6 will be d number of the anti christ d last man son of unrighteousness
7 is number of perfection/divinity
12 means 6-6
21 is d number of seeking/enquiry
30 is d number of manifestation
40 is d number of navigation/movement(spiritual or otherwise into an appointed inheritance/promise)

explanations on each will take time. I ll be glad to expound if need be
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Austin234(m): 10:24am On Jun 06, 2016
Did u read where it said, let us make man in our own image and after our likeness. U could as well argue why is the word 'Bible' not in the Holy scripture yet we believe it is the holy book of God.

Just as somebody rightly advised u, drop those ur Jehovah witness dogmatic doctrine and embress the Lordship of Christ to escape hell fire because of ur poor believe

bugzygee:
did u also read 1 John 5 vs 8...the three are the spirit,the water and the blood..Genesis 1:26 has no trace if trinity in it..d closest is matt 28:19...get facts straight b4 posting
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Pastev1(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2016
Nice research work!
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by irynterri(f): 11:00am On Jun 06, 2016
Nnachuka:
wow madame way to take the words out of my mouth and wind off my sails with that precise knowledgeable response, bless you ma'am.
thanks
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by irynterri(f): 11:03am On Jun 06, 2016
hysteriabox:

nice
from my personal studies of scripture
2 is d number of union/birthing
3 is d number of replication/reproduction/resurrection
6 is the number of man. 12 only means 6-6 which is d number of christ d new man. 6-6-6 will be d number of the anti christ d last man son of unrighteousness
7 is number of perfection/divinity
12 means 6-6
21 is d number of seeking/enquiry
30 is d number of manifestation
40 is d number of navigation/movement(spiritual or otherwise into an appointed inheritance/promise)

explanations on each will take time. I ll be glad to expound if need be
wow..that is so interesting especially on the 666 part..well done bro

1 Like

Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Anoti1(m): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2016
SYLVESTER777:
NO.7 NUMBER FOR COMPLETION/PERFECTION.GOD CREATED THE WORLD IN SIX DAYS BUT RESTED ON THE SEVENTH-DAY.THERE ARE 7CHURCHES,7SPIRITS OF GOD,7DAYS,7STARS,7CANDLESTICKS (AS USED IN REVELATION1:4-20)

Na'aman was told by Prophet Elisha to deep himself 7 times in the river Jordan before his healing would be complete.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by hysteriabox(m): 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
irynterri:
wow..that is so interesting especially on the 666 part..well done bro

thanks sis.
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by hysteriabox(m): 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Austin234:
Did u read where it said, let us make man in our own image and after our likeness. U could as well argue why is the word 'Bible' not in the Holy scripture yet we believe it is the holy book of God.

Just as somebody rightly advised u, drop those ur Jehovah witness dogmatic doctrine and embress the Lordship of Christ to escape hell fire because of ur poor believe

guy...are u arguing with a JW? Seriously

in d words of Mohammed Ali...' i put cuffs on lighting and i put thunder in jail, u know am bad... I win always...but arguing with them Jehovah's Witness is one battle i never win.' selah
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by hysteriabox(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
sanusidabo:
As a Muslim I believe Jesus is one of the prophet of Allah. I want to advice Christians to stop deceiving themselves in trying to give Jesus another position apart from his prophet, even though his creation was miraculous but be objective of the creation of prophet Adam from that you should be able understand what I'm talking about.
nice one bro. The only comparisons in all creation as far as miraculous birthing is concerned is between Adam and Jesus. Both of them carry similarities, therefore they both are first of their various creation. Both had no earthly fatherhood, yet they were formed in d likeness of their maker. Its only right to say their maker was their father. Both are the pioneers-Adam pioneered d sin nature in humanity, Jesus pioneered the divine nature in humanity. Adam birthed physical children after his nature, Jesus birthed spiritual children after d divine nature. Thanks to Adam, d head of a physical human race, we experienced d depths of sin and wickedness, thanks to jesus christ, the head of the new creation, we experience the depths of love and forgiveness. No life in the first man Adam, no death in the second man christ.

I ll be happy to lend u further insight if u will. I have tasted of both islam and christianity and i left both long ago and decided to pursue God. And i found him
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Austin234:

for the record am not a Jehovah witness member..nw ask urself a question..were there no angels with God @ the time that statement was madeand where did d word "us " refer 2 trinity..u master theologian#mtcheew
Re: 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible by DharmyYinks: 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
ikorodureporta:

...so, why are churches now programming their activities to '13' & '33'
I dnt understand what you meant??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: "God Will Punish Saraki If He Refuses To Contest In 2019" / Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.