Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More (64031 Views)

Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) / Happy Mothers Day, Come Share Your Mums Pic Celebrating Her / Pic: When He Tells His Wife That He Travelled To Malaysia But Did Not.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by doveda: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Define rich? undecided

What makes you think they have enough to spare? Imagine a situation whereby everyone expects you to pay heavily because you rich, what would happen do you think would happen to your wealth? Wait till you get there before judging!undecided

udemzyudex:

There's one thing av noticed about successful people or let me say rich people, they are a bit mean in any area of their life especially when it comes to money......

I just feel if ya not a little heartless you won't make it in this part of the world...

1 Like

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by goodvision12(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yuneehk:

It's really annoying when I see rich people 'price' stuffs from these poor women. Some will go to the extent of not buying it even if their price and that which the traders are willing to sell it at is just ten naira
I still dont know why most rich people just hate the poor.They delight in seeing the poor suffering and in agony
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by feran15(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
AdaNri1:
but they can go to a kiosk and buy it cheaper. When the super market experiences low patronage they'll reduce prices.

supermarket prices aren't always high. things are actually cheaper at some big supermarket than at other places
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by horladeji80(m): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yuneehk:

It's really annoying when I see rich people 'price' stuffs from these poor women. Some will go to the extent of not buying it even if their price and that which the traders are willing to sell it at is just ten naira

When discussions like this come up, it's always more convenient to point fingers at others who are more financially favoured than we are and call them "rich people".

The fact that you can afford a phone and also pay for megabytes puts you ahead of most Nigerians who are really poor and can not afford a decent meal talk less of affording the "luxury" of owning a phone and also paying for megabytes. People in this category will also call you "rich"!

The question is "what have you done to help the poor around you as an individual with the little God has blessed you with? " Your widow's mite 'll go a long way in redistributing wealth.

Don't wait for the "rich people" because you are also rich in your own right.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Tobium1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
The annoying thing is that rich folks will pay thousands of Naira for a small item in supper markets but will offer N50 for a bunch of banana from these women.

Almost evrybody is guilty of that though, even mysef, even you
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
O Allah, bless every struggling mum and guide them to your path.............Ameen
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ryda(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
The annoying thing is that rich folks will pay thousands of Naira for a small item in supper markets but will offer N50 for a bunch of banana from these women.

God bless every mother on earth.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
holamiday:
It breaks my heart seeing traders like this & how customers bargain with them. You'd hear convos like:

Customer: Madam how much for 5?
Trader: Na six hundred o.
Customer: How much last?
Trader: Pay 500
Customer: No o. I go give you 200
Trader: Madam no be so, orange don cost. Na 400 i buy 5. E no gree 200 ma. Pay 450.
Customer: No o. Madam answer me i no get time.
*walks away*

Then when same customer gets to shoprite to buy same oranges
Customer: Hello, how much are these?
Rude Attendant: The label is there ma.
Customer: *Looks at label and sees '5 for 1500'*. Wow, it's alright. Give me 10. *Hands over 4000 to attendant and says 'keep the change'. undecided embarassed

In as much as I like to agree with you,but let's see it this way,buying from shoprites has advantage,because you may get home and notice a defect on the product,and decide to return it back to shoprites with yr receipt and can even sue in some serious cases,but roadside trader can do absolute noting for you if you can even see them again.

I say no to having babies,if you can't afford them.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ice007(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
Abeg, na which 'roadside' be this? For Lag? Shey na Jazzman himself take d pix? Na how much he give the woman himself? Many here just be condemning the rich; how many times have the wailers seen the rich haggle 'wickedly'? And the have-nots no dey 'price' goods abi? Abeg, instead of condemning, you fit go out dey dash out your money to roadside sellers/hawkers o.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by jamst2(m): 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
kaffy4tope:
50k naira for that woman if someone can link me to her pls cry cry

Huh! Guy,those kind of peeps are alreadly within your sourrounding(environment)...have you done same things to them
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
holamiday:
It breaks my heart seeing traders like this & how customers bargain with them. You'd hear convos like:

Customer: Madam how much for 5?
Trader: Na six hundred o.
Customer: How much last?
Trader: Pay 500
Customer: No o. I go give you 200
Trader: Madam no be so, orange don cost. Na 400 i buy 5. E no gree 200 ma. Pay 450.
Customer: No o. Madam answer me i no get time.
*walks away*

Then when same customer gets to shoprite to buy same oranges
Customer: Hello, how much are these?
Rude Attendant: The label is there ma.
Customer: *Looks at label and sees '5 for 1500'*. Wow, it's alright. Give me 10. *Hands over 4000 to attendant and says 'keep the change'. undecided embarassed

I think the petty traders should adopt the supermarket pattern. Price tags should be used on their goods as well. As crazy as it sounds I think it's a good soln. I am pricelessngel just trynna make common sense.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by dbestuncle: 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
That's true, mercy n compassion is fast leaving our lives n system. do u knw some people even try to cheat did kine people believing that they are hopeless n don't have a choice. some even still from these kind of people. petty thief y na
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by amokeme(f): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
Acidosis:
I don't understand, is it wrong to bargain?

Has anyone here ever been duped by a supposed poor woman or man? how does it feel?

So because an Okada rider looks poor, I should allow him charge me N1000 for a journey that naturally cost N50? Because he's on Okrika jacket, while I'm on suit and tie?

I will not stop bargaining till Christ comes. I will bargain with the poor, with the rich, and with everyone when & where necessary.

However, if the condition of a poor woman or man touches my heart, I would solely GIVE without necessarily buying anything. Bargaining with the poor or the rich can never be wrong. Some of these so called 'poor" shop owners are way richer than some of us who pretend to OWN all the money in the bank. Business is business, charity is charity.
God bless you! Uv said it all.. Most people commenting here are just sentimental. I mean, I believe in charity alot (I even have my own charity outreach) what I dont like is people mandating or expecting you to because you are "rich" for goodness sakes, why can't individuals satisfy their conscience, mind their business and move on?! But no, the next thing you will hear is the "rich this poor this" if I decide to go to a super market, it's my money... and if I decide to help someone, it's also my money. All the people commenting the rich is this and that here are the ones that don't even help anybody! Or you don't know your 50 naira can go a long way Be waiting for a rich man to come and dash her 500k Mtcheeew.. We are just hypocrites!
The annoying thing and at the same time funny is, if someone decides to locate this woman to help her, the same category of people calling on the "rich" will say it's "publicity stunt" mehn! The mentality of an average Nigerian youth is pathetic angry
An ignorant person is already saying this is another olajumoke is the making. You can imagine such comment. Is just sad
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by udemzyudex(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
doveda:
Define rich? undecided

What makes you think they have enough to spare? Imagine a situation whereby everyone expects you to pay heavily because you rich, what would happen do you think would happen to your wealth? Wait till you get there before judging!undecided

I don't understand you bro, did u even read my post well?
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Kobeje(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
True talk.

I changed my mind about how I buy from such people since. I even leave change sometimes. And guess what? They are mostly dazed.

Let's try and start doing similarly and stop pointing fingers. No offence intended please.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
hmmm,just to mk sure there is food for her children. mothers ar awsome
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Lamor(f): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
Shoutout to all African mothers.Not women,I mean Mothers in d real definition.They go out of the way to provide for the family and also keep the home front.Your reward is both here on earth and in heaven.#godblessyourhustles#
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by kaffy4tope(m): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
jamst2:

Huh! Guy,those kind of peeps are alreadly within your sourrounding(environment)...have you done same things to them

Ain't in Naija mahn u don't see this kinda situation here

...I want this particular woman.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by banmee(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:

You can only pay for the value of a product. What you are suggesting is that Nigerians become a country where it's citizens depend on charity. That is not how great economies are made.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ligxy(f): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
sabama007:

So, if she calls a piece of orange for #2000 I shld just pay? Cmon!
You go stingy o. How much is 2k? Looking at her like that, can't you dash her 2k without buying anything from her? And of cos you know you just exaggerated.

1 Like

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by jamst2(m): 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
kaffy4tope:

Ain't in Naija mahn u don't see this kinda situation here

...I want this particular woman.
Well,i have them wella...if you want i can link you
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Acidosis(m): 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
amokeme:

God bless you! Uv said it all.. Most people commenting here are just sentimental. I mean, I believe in charity alot (I even have my own charity outreach) what I dont like is people mandating or expecting you to because you are "rich" for goodness sakes, why can't individuals satisfy their conscience, mind their business and move on?! But no, the next thing you will hear is the "rich this poor this" if I decide to go to a super market, it's my money... and if I decide to help someone, it's also my money. All the people commenting the rich is this and that here are the ones that don't even help anybody! Or you don't know your 50 naira can go a long way Be waiting for a rich man to come and dash her 500k Mtcheeew.. We are just hypocrites!
The annoying thing and at the same time funny is, if someone decides to locate this woman to help her, the same category of people calling on the "rich" will say it's "publicity stunt" mehn! The mentality of an average Nigerian youth is pathetic angry
An ignorant person is already saying this is another olajumoke is the making. You can imagine such comment. Is just sad

Excellent

Thanks for emphasizing those points...
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ligxy(f): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
Reference:
But why is she asleep right in the middle of her business cycle. If she cannot manage her time well then her priorities are not right. Most times it is a little bit of wisdom that people need to move to the next level, not always about money or the lack of it.
If you've ever been a mother to a baby, you'll understand better. There's nothing like time management where these little babies are concerned. It's possible he kept her awake all night.

1 Like

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by kaffy4tope(m): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
jamst2:

Well,i have them wella...if you want i can link you

Go siddon!
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Acidosis(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ligxy:

You go stingy o. How much is 2k? Looking at her like that, can't you dash her 2k without buying anything from her? And of cos you know you just exaggerated.

We should never encourage extortion. If she calls a piece of orange N5 or N10, I would buy because we all know the value, and of course, give her money if I have the means (money as charity; it has nothing to do with the orange).

However, if she calls a piece N400, I would simply walk away and get a piece from a supermarket, not minding her condition (poor or hungry).

What we should be preaching is Charity & Honesty, not IGNORANTLY paying N5000 for a N200 worth of good. That's not charity, it is what it is - MU.MU.

2 Likes

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Safemode(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
contactmorak:
Musician Jazzman Olofin shared this photo of a woman and her child who fell asleep by the roadside while selling fruits. He wrote: "Struggling mothers like this... Don't bargain with them, instead pay more. Show a little love, share a little hope. Survival is a tearful battle for most, especially with children. In God we trust... Happy Sunday!". Well said...

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/photo-when-you-see-struggling-mothers.html
I ll show compassion & love to pay more or even set her up in a business if she is honest. While I ll aonish her if she is dishonest. Its still part of love cos she needs correction if she's dishonest.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by jamst2(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
kaffy4tope:

Go siddon!
grin grin u dey fear niii
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by zeongeon: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
In nickel backs voice
If everyone cared and nobody cried If everyone loved and nobody lied If everyone shared and swallowed their pride Then we'd see the day when nobody died- Nickel back.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ligxy(f): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Acidosis:

We should never encourage extortion. If she calls a piece of orange N5 or N10, I would buy because we all know the value, and of course, give her money if I have the means (money as charity; it has nothing to do with the orange).

However, if she calls a piece N400, I would simply walk away and get a piece from a supermarket, not minding her condition (poor or hungry).

What we should be preaching is Charity & Honesty, not IGNORANTLY paying N5000 for a N200 worth of good. That's not charity, it is what it is - MU.MU.
That is why I said he just exergerated. Nobody is talking about not bargaining here. But some people, especially ladies bargains to the point of annoyance, because they know she has no choice, her goods are perishable, so she has to sell. Some people will even keep driving while bargaining, making the sellers run after their cars just because she won't reduce #50. We see these things daily. I do bargain too, but when I know it's withing the range of a fair price, I pay and move on.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by lastpage: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:

Why are you surprised?

Very Rich folks are the MOST STINGY things to ver grace the face of the earth!

That is how they got rich in th first place, robbing the poor on one hand and being tight-fisted on the other hand! shocked

Even when they "give', they are doing it for "karimi/come-see-me" or just to spite the poor person
grin

Lastpage!

But, WHERE IS THE DADDY/FATHER?
Dont tell me he is in a beer parlour having a bleeping Cold beer?
He may actually be hustling as a Bus Conductor, Construction-Site artisan or even an Okada rider!

Recently, Society tends to denigrate "Manhood" with these "one-sided pictures of humanity" where the man is portrayed as "irresponsible" and the woman as 'long-suffering".

Women and their "cunning", ehn? undecided
Bull-shyte! angry

1 Like

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Leke001: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
hmmn
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Acidosis(m): 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ligxy:

That is why I said he just exergerated. Nobody is talking about not bargaining here. But some people, especially ladies bargains to the point of annoyance, because they know she has no choice, her goods are perishable, so she has to sell. Some people will even keep driving while bargaining, making the sellers run after their cars just because she won't reduce #50. We see these things daily. I do bargain too, but when I know it's withing the range of a fair price, I pay and move on.
Wise words here, you're right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? / See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.