Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80294 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Handsomecole(m): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
flamingREED:

Fine.

But rosary is not 'the word of God'.

It's not in the Bible.

It shouldn't be a necessity for sharing to take place

Did you jump the word "pray" when your read my comment??
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by blexy3(f): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They are a good example of what Christianity is about.
The go around preaching the gospel to all nations.

They assure you that hard times will come and encourage to stand strong in faith unlike today's prosperity preachers.

They teach love.

They teach you to work hard instead depending on inexplicable miracles.

You hardly hear that a member of them molest an under aged kid.

They are united.

They make out time for the poor and needy.

They are not greedy.

What else is Christianity about?

I am not a witness but I study bible with 10s of them and they treat and respect me like a family.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.

I agree with all u said but to tell me that they are not greedy and they discriminate is a big lie, I hav most of them as my friends.
They discriminate a lot and most of them are greedy
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Shaadey: 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
teepsee:
Me I don't have problem with them oo, it's just that most often time when they come by is when i am just returning from church. The one i heard from church I have not finish digesting it you are here to over load it or even wash it away.

I simply let them know I'm just coming back from church so take it to those that have been at home all day. Thank you
Same here
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by emsheddy(m): 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They assure you that hard times will come and encourage to stand strong in faith unlike today's prosperity preachers.

They teach love.

They are united.

They are not greedy.

I am not a witness but I study bible with 10s of them and they treat and respect me like a family.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.
Tallesty, my brother, they are indeed hypocrites! Have you ever tried giving a JW your church flier? You will be shocked how they will react! They hate being associated with anything that has Church written on it! Yet they want you to collect their Awake and Watch Tower! I use to welcome them with open hands! But ever since I noticed this behaviour, I don't even read anything with JW on it! Personally, I relate with even Muslims like my brothers but I hate hypocrisy! You can give me your books and journals and I will accept them with a free mind yet you can't accept same from me? Like seriously?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
I love sharing the word with them

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hugo7(m): 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
I use to. Welcome them but since my mum warned me to stay away from them..once they press the door bell.'Am Busy'
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
I'm Muslim
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Handsomecole(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
blexy3:

I agree with all u said but to tell me that they are not greedy and they discriminate is a big lie, I hav most of them as my friends.

And can be very wicked. But I like their social life, they can drink alcohol very well.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Ice007(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
I love those mags of theirs Awake & Watchtower cuz they are informative. What I do most times is let them in & listen for a while, request for the current issues of the mags & find a way to politely set them on their way. Years ago sef, I had a guy that came preaching & after several visitations & invitations to their assembly which was never honoured, we kind of became close & tho he kept coming around, we just gist on general topics & he gives me the mags. If you're a true Christian & believe firmly in your faith, I don't think you should be rude to them or even be prejudiced; why not let them in listen to them & argue out points that don't jell with your own faith and maybe turn the tables around & try to convert them if you feel they are on the wrong path?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by firo08(m): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
talktonase:
If naah woman i go allow her inside.After having healthy religious conversations i will sharply collect her number...
bad guy
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by musicwriter(m): 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
uscofield:
Sincerely, I always find a way to show them that I am busy.
I don't know if I have been fair to the JWs.
Nairalanders, what are your reactions when Jehova Witnesses knock on your door?

Religion is not the way to God. ALL religion including yours. So, doesn't make any difference your church.

Churches, mosques, synagogues, aren't the way to God.

Stop the hate on a fellow human being. Or, do you think God will accept you after hating on JW?. Can't you see for yourself your religion have made you hate someone?.

This's exactly why Jesus described religious people as ''hypocrites who wash the outside of the cup while leaving the inside dirty''. He was talking to you church goers!.

If anything, JW are the best church people on earth, for the sake of that argument.

Quit religion and find your way to God. God is inside of you. God is not somewhere else.

God is not in your church either!.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Drehilton(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Who are Jehovah's Witness?
CONSIDER THIS!!!!!
How can ‘the road to life’ be found? Jesus said that the true religion would be evident in the lives of the people who practice it. “By their fruits you will recognize them,” he said. “Every good tree produces fine fruit.” (Matthew 7:16, 17) In other words, those who practice the true religion would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct. Although they are not perfect and they make mistakes, true worshippers as a group seek to do God’s will.
(1)God's servants based their teaching on the Bible.
Jesus Christ set the proper example by basing his teachings on God’s Word. In prayer to his heavenly Father, he said: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) Jesus believed the Word of God, and everything he taught harmonized with the Scriptures. Jesus often said: “It is written.” (Matthew 4:4, 7, 10) Then Jesus would quote a scripture. Similarly, God’s people today do not teach their own ideas. They believe that the Bible is God’s Word, and they base their teachings firmly on what it says.

(2)Those who practice the true religion worship only Jehovah and make his name known. Jesus declared: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10) Thus, God’s servants worship no one other than Jehovah. This worship includes letting people know what the name of the true God is and what he is like. Psalm 83:18 states: “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” Jesus set the pattern in helping others to get to know God, as he said in prayer: “I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) Similarly, true worshippers today teach others about God’s name, his purposes, and his qualities.

(3)God’s people show genuine, unselfish love for one another. Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) The early Christians had such love for one another. Godly love overcomes racial, social, and national barriers and draws people together in an unbreakable bond of true brotherhood. (Read Colossians 3:14.) Members of false religions do not have such a loving brotherhood. How do we know that? They kill one another because of national or ethnic differences. True Christians do not take up weapons to kill their Christian brothers or anyone else. The Bible states: “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Whoever does not practice righteousness does not originate with God, nor does the one who does not love his brother. . . . We should love one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother.”—1 John 3:10-12; 4:20, 21.

(4)True Christians accept Jesus Christ as God’s means of salvation. The Bible says: “There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12)In addition, Jesus is God’s appointed King in the heavenly Kingdom that will rule the entire earth. And God requires that we obey Jesus and apply his teachings if we want everlasting life. That is why the Bible states: “The one who exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; the one who disobeys the Son will not see life.”—John 3:36.

(5)True worshippers are no part of the world. When on trial before the Roman ruler Pilate, Jesus said: “My Kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts. However, Jehovah’s worshippers do not interfere with what others choose to do about joining a political party, running for office, or voting. And while God’s true worshippers are neutral regarding politics, they are law-abiding. Why? Because God’s Word commands them to “be in subjection” to the governmental “superior authorities.” (Romans 13:1) Where there is a conflict between what God requires and what a political system requires, true worshippers follow the example of the apostles, who said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.”—Acts 5:29; Mark 12:17.13

(6)Jesus’ true followers preach that God’s Kingdom is mankind’s only hope. Jesus foretold: “This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) Instead of encouraging people to look to human rulers to solve their problems, true followers of Jesus Christ proclaim God’s heavenly Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. (Psalm 146:3) Jesus taught us to pray for that perfect government when he said: “Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.” (Matthew 6:10) God’s Word foretold that this heavenly Kingdom “will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms [now existing], and it alone will stand forever.”—Daniel 2:44; Revelation 16:14; 19:19-21.

On the basis of what we have just considered, ask yourself: ‘What religious group bases all its teachings on the Bible and makes known Jehovah’s name? What group practices godly love, exercises faith in Jesus, is no part of the world, and proclaims that God’s Kingdom is the only real hope for mankind? Of all the religious groups on earth, which one meets all these requirements?’ The facts clearly show that it is Jehovah’s Witnesses.—Read Isaiah 43:10-12.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by mastermind1759(m): 2:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
I alws tel dem am goin out

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Tallesty1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
emsheddy:
Tallesty, my brother, they are indeed hypocrites! Have you ever tried giving a JW your church flier? You will be shocked how they will react! They hate being associated with anything that has Church written on it! Yet they want you to collect their Awake and Watch Tower! I use to welcome them with open hands! But ever since I noticed this behaviour, I don't even read anything with JW on it! Personally, I relate with even Muslims like my brothers but I hate hypocrisy! You can give me your books and journals and I will accept them with a free mind yet you can't accept same from me? Like seriously?
My brother, please don't compare those invitation cards that my church and your church share to the books that the Jehovah witness share.

What's in our fliers? A theme, a programme, a venue, my pastor's selfie and a testimony that is most times false.

Bro, make we leave talk. I used to accept fliers because I write quotation of goods at the back but I have stopped since they started writing testimonies there.

Why invite me to your church program when you know that I am member of another church?

I see them as revenue generators for their respective churches.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by nzemila(m): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:
The first thing I say is 'can we pray?'
If the response is negative, I simply walk them on.
so according to the bible we must pray before preaching?
is never an excuse dear.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by taryur(m): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
pennywys:
exactly what your religion did to you and keep on doing, lie to you. Now you hardly know what is the truth.

my dear,i know what I know. I am matured to make sense out of whatever comes my way regardless of my faith. I av known the truth and I am free.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by taryur(m): 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
My brother, please don't compare those invitation cards that my church and your church share to the books that the Jehovah witness share.

What's in our fliers? A theme, a programme, a venue, my pastor's selfie and a testimony that is most times false.

Bro, make we leave talk. I used to accept fliers because I write quotation of goods at the back but I have stopped since they started writing testimonies there.

Why invite me to your church program when you know that I am member of another church?

thats where u guy err. d fact that I am inviting you to my church doesnt mean I am asking you to come be a member. I think its a general notion JW carry around. if u invite sm1 to ur kingdom hall and d person honours that. why cant you return the favour you are also invited??
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by nzemila(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hugo7:
I use to. Welcome them but since my mum warned me to stay away from them..once they press the door bell.'Am Busy'

my mum!!!!! so people can be funny. at this age (good and bad)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by tunbebes(f): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kizyte:
I welcome them cos they're doing a nice job cool

Jehovah will rewardyou bro

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by taryur(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
blexy3:

my dear,you are so so right. too much of discrimination. gets angry unnecessarily at slightest thing not in their belief.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by pweetylivia(f): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
MCeeShort:
Truth is, despite their shortcomings, I love their style. If u tell a Witness to use only 5minutes to tell u whatever he has to say, he'll round-up in 3-4minutes! They're very efficient and time conscious!
By the way...I LOVE Awake!, a lot!!!
lie!. They'll use 2 hours if you don't pursue them away
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Mollerboom: 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They teach love.

They are united.

They are not greedy.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.My brother, please don't compare those invitation cards that my church and your church share to the books that the Jehovah witness share.

My friends, l know we are all imperfect but do you know those who really try their best to practice what Jesus taught us in the bible?
Jehovah Witnesses practiced love, shun war, believe biblical miracles and prophecies and not the fake ones they so called pastors are claiming to perform, they don't extort money as churches using many avenues etc. Friends whether you shun them or not. They are not deterred as Jesus did not. If you like study the bible with them...good for you. But you don't leave, the choice is your's.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by ChukwuIbrahim: 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
ah! op u nah learner ni.
those dayz 4 my uncle flat 4 yaba, if i sight dem tru d window c say dem dey come, nah so i go ansa my papa name 4low back door kawa! grin

childish tinz then mehn, buh now we gor 1st sample em gurlz b4 we gor knw weda we gor listen to preashin cool
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
I welcome them, or collect publications when I am busy
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
arthur1000:
i always ask dem to drop dat dia book once dey turn dia back dustbin straight lols
Ever asked yourself why they make so much effort to preach to people, despite all the negative responses they get? How many other 'Christian' group take the preaching work as seriously as they do? The amount of effort you put into a work depends on how serious and important you consider that work Why not sit down and talk with them, or try and read one of OUR books and check with your Bible if any claims in them are true.

And please don't laugh too much, because that was how many of the Jews laughed at Jesus when he came preaching to them, not knowing they were simply being ignorant

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Mollerboom: 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
talktonase:
If naah woman i go allow her inside.After having healthy religious conversations i will sharply collect her number...

you are not ashame of yourself for saying this publicly. May Jehovah forgive you for confessing your sins and give you a good frame of mind to study the bible and know the TRUTH that will set you free. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by budusky05(m): 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They teach love.

They are united.

They are not greedy.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.My brother, please don't compare those invitation cards that my church and your church share to the books that the Jehovah witness share.

You shall leave to see ya grand kids for saying this truth.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Obeenah(m): 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
I was about to write a similar response to this post but I am really happy seeing someone like you already did.

Just like you, I am not a member at least not yet but I enjoy having that 1hour weekly study with them. It could be thought provoking if only a lot of us would open our minds.

I also love the level of intelligence and articulate speech the young ones in their crop exhibit.

I think the reason most ppl find the JW annoying is hinged on the laziness to study the word interactively with an open mind.

I learnt a lot from them and I hold no apologies.

Like I always tell anyone who cares to listen. They are amongst the few churches today who still preach significant truth about God's word.

Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They teach love.

They are united.

They are not greedy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:

The prayer first. Then the message.

Even Jesus did.

[b]

JESUS DID? Please where is it recorded?

Also, I'll like you to ponder on this strong warning from God (Jehovah) Himself:

[Proverbs 28:9]
"The one refusing to listen to the law—Even his prayer is detestable" (another word for detestable is ABOMINABLE)

Please, let me use this opportunity to clarify some wrong notions a lot of us have about Jehovah's Witnesses; there's a line between "PREACHING" and "TEACHING"... When we come to your doorstep for the first time, we're bringing:
(1) an introductory message about our one and only creator, Jehovah God. [Psalm 83:18]...

(2) His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who's our only means of salvation [John 14:6]...

(3) Their love and purpose for all humans' salvation (1 Timothy 2:3,4 - "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth)...

After a brief discussion with your, we offer a free home bible study... if you indicate interest, then we will pray with you so that we do not disobey God's commandment recorded in Proverbs 28:9... Remember we are doing our utmost best, as imperfect humans to strictly follow all instructions in the bible, which include [Matthew 27:19,20] Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

[/b]

9 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by talktonase(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Mollerboom:

you are not ashame of yourself for saying this publicly. May Jehovah forgive you for confessing your sins and give you a good frame of mind to study the bible and know the TRUTH that will set you free. Amen.
Welldone jehova witness fanatic just say you dont want me to marry one of your girls simple.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Kizyte(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
tunbebes:

Jehovah will rewardyou bro
Thank you! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by vinceton: 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Better try to welcome them next time. Their message is lifesaving.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Abel Mwelwa: Zambian Priest Suspended After Married Lover Died In His House / Ladies Attend Prophet Elvis Mbonye's Dinner Event Braless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.