Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

The UNITY Song - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The UNITY Song (428 Views)

A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE / Suleman's Invitation By DSS: Some Nigerians Storm Unity Foundation In Solidarity / The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The UNITY Song by jayesmalling(m): 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
While in Church on a Sunday, the preacher stood on the altar and declared; “I do not have a voice in the parliament nor in the legislature but let me bring it to your notice here that Nigeria is not one until we have one faith”. Pondering on these words I remembered the words of Hans Urs Van Balthasar that says “even if a unity of faith is not possible a unity of love is”. This was demonstrated by the men of old when they arose to build the tower of Babel, the lord remarked “indeed the people are one and they all have one language and this is what they begin to do, now nothing that they purpose to do will be withheld from them”-Genesis 11:6 NKJV. The word “unity” connotes agreement of parts, harmonious adjustment of constituent elements, sameness of character. What we have experienced in the country so far is what I call a shame on unity. Leaders in the country birth agendas driven by self-will, always coming out with the “I will” and not “we will”. A nation in the bid to develop is one that can integrate all its parts to produce a harmonious living. You will agree with me that there is a remarkable distinction between the rich and the common man, the hopeless and the hopeful, those living and those who are just surviving. Our nation has simply lost it focus oh! Not if we have one. I come to question myself about the purpose of my country, her vision, mission statement and what it intends to build? My conclusion is this; we are pursuing a development like the European countries without an essence! In a bid not to magnify our problems, by speaking of the current security challenges and the likes; I would like to appeal to every heart, persons and institutions to promote oneness. Martin Luther King Jr. wrote and I Quote “we have learned to fly the airs like birds, and swim the sea like fish, but we have not learned the simple art of living together as brothers”. All of our problems seems insurmountable because we are far apart especially in ideas and opinion. We make excuses and do not stand up to the task. Do not forget the wise saying that united we stand and divided we fall. We can together move, build, weep while winning; all that it takes is a unity of purpose. God Bless Nigeria!
Re: The UNITY Song by jayesmalling(m): 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hmmm, we need to Unite to Move this country Forward

(1) (Reply)

Good Samaritan- A Story Of Compassion. Fr. Gerald M. Musa / Christians And Divorce - What Does The Bible Say? / Freemasonry Will Never Free Africans In The West Only Enslave And/or Extinct.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.