Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) (51584 Views)

Pilot Couple Carrying 324 Fired After They Fought And Both Abandoned The Cockpit / Osita Chidoka's Son In The Cockpit Of An Airplane (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by ebosie11(f): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
A Nigeria Air force pilot has sadly passed away slumping right inside the cockpit while he was flying an Air force Jet. 

Promise Gbenekanu, a Squadron leader slumped in the cockpit and died while flying a Nigerian Air Force jet three weeks ago. He left behind a young wife and a baby.

Promise Gbenekanu studied at Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna. The couple got married on December 4, 2014. 

He was laid to rest in Port Harcourt on Saturday, June 4.

Pictured below is the Nigeria Air Force military transport touching down at the Air Force Base in Port Harcout with his body.

And below are photos with his wife and their baby. 

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/see-nigerian-air-force-pilot-who.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by ebosie11(f): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
o
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by greatgod2012(f): 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
May his soul rest in perfect peace!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by mii4u(f): 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
cut off in his prime, this is never our portion IJN

42 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by lonelydora: 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
He married in 2013 and not 2014

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rip
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by opiaoku: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
grin
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
We hardly carryout autopsy to ascertain the cause of death of a nigerian we die mysteriously.Rip.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
Open season
R.I.P BRAVE SOUL

LV
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by asadike(f): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
As u fly to heaven, may God accept your soul. Rip my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
He has flown beyond the reach of death--he will surely die no more.....Rip gallant soldier. Do keep an eye on the family you left behind from the outpost of heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by DjAndroid: 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
RIP bro.

Comments above me^^^^

But nobody cared to ask why he slumped and died. It be one of us tomorrow.
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by x6blade(m): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Could be that he passed out due to a high G-force. Attimes not properly putting on an anti G-suit can be the cause

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by TheAziz: 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rip
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by TheArchangel(f): 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
Your comment makes me questions the functionality of an average Nigerians yoot brain.
tsdarkside:

that you even dare quote the darkside,shows that you are out of your mind!!!...

i went to school like you.....i will not take insults from rubbish-people...!!!.... angry angry angry angry angry

i am "the saints "darkside""...thou shallt not provoke the darkside..... angry angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by OreMI22: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
Who knows what those Fulani commanders put in his tea?

11 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Beremx(f): 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
sad.

RIP Pilot
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Vulu: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
tsdarkside:
do you biafrrans still believe you can defeat nigeria on the battle-field..??...

look how our army respect their comrades.....

give up,or we shallllllllllllllllll give you up!!!..............

Where will you get the resources to prosecute the war now that they are forcefully weaning you from sweet crude! grin

7 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Vulu: 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
tsdarkside:
do you biafrrans still believe you can defeat nigeria on the battle-field..??...

look how our army respect their comrades.....

give up,or we shallllllllllllllllll give you up!!!..............

Where will you get the resources to prosecute the war now that they are forcefully weaning you from sweet crude? You are going to be an oduarewan very soon, whether you like it or not! grin

12 Likes

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by tsdarkside(m): 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
Vulu:

Where will you get the resources to prosecute the war now that they are forcefully weaning you from sweet crude! grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked..i dont believe this!!!....do you think you can survive,a bullet that cost only 5 kobo,in your skull??!!.... shocked shocked shocked shocked

haaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...you are one of those oyel people.....

oyeeeeee.....weak arguments... undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Vulu: 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
tsdarkside:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked..i dont believe this!!!....do you think you can survive,a bullet that cost only 5 kobo,in your skull??!!.... shocked shocked shocked shocked

I understand the skin of oduarewans are made of Iron that's why ObJ survived the Biafran bullet lodged in his left arse-cheek. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by tsdarkside(m): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Vulu:

I understand the skin of oduarewans are made of Iron that's why ObJ survived the Biafran bullet lodged in his left arse-cheek. grin

why are you talking about arse-cheek??.....are you gay......??...

i am talking about 5kobo bullet,you are talking about arse-cheeks.......................

woww..that the word gay is allowed is surprising..... shocked shocked shocked shocked

biafra is not allowed,but gay is allowed.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
perhaps our alpha jets are dead and old and can't Enta high altitude again
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by CaptainEColeJr1: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Mayday! Mayday!! Mayday!!!
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by Lilimax(f): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Omg! It may be cardiac arrest. I even learnt the wife is a medical doctor. May God grant her the fortitude to bear this loss. RIP sir!

1 Like

Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by VocalWalls: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
sad
Re: Pilot Promise Gbenekanu Slumped & Died In Cockpit While Flying Jet(pics) by DirtyGold: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
x6blade:
Could be that he passed out due to a high G-force. Attimes not properly putting on an anti G-suit can be the cause
Those jets need safety upgrade and constant checks to forestall this kinda possibility.

RIP gallant one, the country thanks you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huge Container Found In The Middle Of A Sea. / Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) / Photos Of The Lagos State Light Rail That Will Begin Operation From 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.