Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? (16696 Views)

Contact A Website Cloning Expert (Pay after Service) / Cost Of Running A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2016
It depends on the designer's perception and prestige, functionality, technicality, and what you want to achieve with the tool.

You can get a website at the cost of domain #2,500 to #100 million and even more. The budget varies with companies, but ensure you don't compromise the price for excellence and your result.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by shearer1982(m): 7:19am On Jun 06, 2016
julybaba:
What do u mean by "good' website?
Abi Oooo, their is nothing like good website it depends on how your client sees your work N what you feel is good may be bad to some client.!
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2016
viviangist:
It Depends .....

Like to get site like Linda Ikeji Might Cost = 30,000
To get site like Vanguard = 100k to 150k
To get site like jumia, Nairabet and others na like 750k to 1 Million naira
nairaland with ready script fit cost u just 30k
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Horlufemi(m): 7:21am On Jun 06, 2016
DMeanMan:

Nigerians are so contempt with sub standard things.

An average web developer in Europe earns >$70K per annum. In naira that is about #21m.

The Fashola website was a complete project. With Web developers, Publicists, Content Managers, Media Personnel and so on.

Ask around, 78m isn't too much price to pay.

I can't pay for fashola site with 20k

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by TRAVEL101(m): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2016
shearer1982:

Nice one but you forgot to mention DNN, it really shows you are an expect in this area.!

You can contact me for your affordable domain names and hosting account on 08123217243
or visit www.tuc-webhost.com
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by mastengsynergy: 7:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Ask Fashola how much he did his own when
he was a Governor
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Adedeji2012(m): 7:30am On Jun 06, 2016
i want to sell a download website. Check it here: http://www.dejwap.tk if you are interested
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by God2man(m): 7:32am On Jun 06, 2016
ZUBY77:
It depends on what you want in the website.
There are websites with 10 pages and there are websites with 1000 pages.
They wont cost the same, would they?

There are websites that host videos and Audio files, which means they require bigger server which costs bigger money.

In fact a lot of factors determine the prices.

Correct
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by UyiIredia(m): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2016
viviangist:
It Depends .....

Like to get site like Linda Ikeji Might Cost = 30,000
To get site like Vanguard = 100k to 150k
To get site like jumia, Nairabet and others na like 750k to 1 Million naira

This is the most comprehensive answer here. Thanks for the info.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Howmon: 7:38am On Jun 06, 2016
favourmic:
Let them drop their contact but scammer keep off, I need someone that can help me build one

Terms and conditions apply.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by foxychev(m): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2016
willace:
Please I want to know how much it costs to get a good website in nigeria

It varies widely.
I'm a web designer and programmer. I'll give you the best price, and also teach you how to manage the website yourself.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by hollowpot15684(m): 7:48am On Jun 06, 2016
overtlyderanged:
Now this question is difficult to answer because it comes down to a few things, which include:

1. The kind of website it is (obviously a website for a business that has only regular stuff like a contact page, about us, gallery, etc will cost less than an E commerce website as well as sites with higher levels of functionality.

2. The designer/developer: People have their prices lol, what you need to do is get samples of previous jobs from different developers to determine whose style you like then request for quotes. Bargain as you wish.

3. Probably the urgency of the project. If you need it ASAP you may be asked to pay a little bit more, "may" being the operative word.

These are some of the things to put into consideration.

How much will it now cost to build Web app.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Sambayour(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2016
web development price shouldn't be a tough decision to make.

The client must know what he wants.

The client must know how he wants it.

then the developer will give you his/her price very simple i think, u gree? if not bargain politely, cos some clients will just tell u sh*ts sometimes as if they are ur father
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by fcnaxo: 8:11am On Jun 06, 2016
it's all about packaging, and how good the developer is. you don't expect to to making a site for oil companies and u bill them 500k. out of experience they definitely would feel u have novalue, hence won't take u seriously. the type of site and class of client matters.... drops mic*

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Eze2000(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2016
RuddyFusion:
Everything depends on what the clients wants, your knowledge and expertise.

1) Normal informational sites with Just Home, About Us, Services , Blog and Contact Page either built with WP or HTML,CSS and JS

2) Normal WP site with the above pages structure and blog plus membership section Plus Forum

3)Dynamic website that enables users to create/update accounts and access some section of the site based on their accounts

4) E-Commerce website built with any CMS software.

All of the above comes at different cost

in addition to the above are you adding

1) Hosting services?

2) Maintenance/ Training

3) SEO/Digital Marketing services

The above can add to the cost of your offering.....

if you need further help or clarification you call me on 08031351074

sent u an email
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by fratermathy(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2016
favourmic:
Let them drop their contact but scammer keep off, I need someone that can help me build one

You can get an interactive website with less than 50k plus hosting & domain name registration. Most of these Web developers and designers here use CMS systems like WordPress, Joomla, etc while others edit known scripts. I see no reason to charge bogus amounts of money when your job is already half done.

Original PHP, Asp, cfm, Java, etc scripters will charge nothing less than 500k because this is time consuming and very delicate.

The cost of a website may also depend on whether you need a dedicated server, vps or shared server with the latter being the cheapest.

I.e. I designed a website for Federal School of Statistics Enugu (fssenugu.com.ng) and they didn't want a dedicated server. They had a low budget and I had to use WordPress to work. In all, they paid less than 50k. Good thing though is that I'm on their monthly payroll for maintenance and Management of portal.
I've also had to do original one off scripting {php} for several other firms which had their own content managers and I billed them high for that.

So like others have said, it depends!

My email is on my profile for further enquiries and quotation.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by doncheks: 8:30am On Jun 06, 2016
The cost of your web design project depends on a number of factors;

1. Web Hosting : This refers to where your website resides on the worldwide web.Different types of hosting include shared hosting,VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server Hosting.
Shared hosting basic packages start around 4USD/Month.A decent VPS hosting starts around 30 USD/Month while Dedicated Servers can be anywhere around 120USD a month.
However,most projects will be fine with shared hosting.But for websites with thousands of visitors,we often recommend a VPS hosting to enhance user experience.

2. Static or CMS Website
Static websites are some of the simplest to build.They don't require a database and contain minimal scripts such as a contact form and slideshow.There is no advanced functionality.Content Management Systems (CMS) on the other hand give you an array of extra functionality and will cost more to develop.
Typically, the CMS in use also determines the price of the project.Popular CMS's include Wordpress, Joomla, Expression Engine, Drupal.Ecommerce platforms include Opencart, Prestashop, Magento.
For the CMS category,Drupal developers are few and charge higher while for ecommerce,expect to spend more if you are settling for magento.
Some of these CMS's are not free and come with a licenses which also affects the cost.These days,people rarely build static websites since they are limited in functionality.

3.Type of Website
As already mentioned by overtlyderanged,there are varying types of websites and they are priced differently.It could be a blog, a company website,membership website,job portal,ecommerce(b2b, b2C),document management system,learning management systems,social network etc

4.Experience
Your website cost also depends on the experience of the web developer.If he has got several awesome jobs in his portfolio,then expect the price to be higher.If he is just starting out,then he/She could charge a token.

5.Extras
These days.it's not enough to just build a website.A lot of other factors come to play like SEO,User experience, Social Interaction and other advanced functionality(like SSL).
Some of these services like SEO are considered their own fields and treated independently.
In fact, the success of your website depends on how much thought is given to these areas.Sadly, most web developers are in a hurry to handover projects without any consideration for these extras.Most times,this is due to their ignorance or lack of understanding of the subject.
New web design projects should adopt a holistic approach considering the importance of this extras.

6. Content
Nothing delays a website project more than content.Most people want to have a website but fail to understand that the content is what makes a website.If you are going to rely on your web developer to create all your website content, bear in mind that you will have to pay extra.

7.How much can you afford
Web design pricing is not cast on stone.Indeed Not all hands are equal.The unemployed aspiring blogger may not be as financially buoyant as the rich company executive.At the end of the day, it all boils down to the question, how much can you afford?At this point, anything is possible,you could get the same service as the money bags depending on circumstance.

Ideally, a decent business website should start around 80k.Self hosted blogs could be anywhere from 60k,Ecommerce websites from 150k.Please bear in mind that these prices are just basic.Once you start requesting additional advanced functionality, the price could skyrocket.

I once rejected a business website offer at 750k because the Job was going to keep me busy for almost 4 months full time, due to the advanced nature of the Job.The client wanted a business website,a membership site,a recruitment portal and a document management system all in a single website.
I could do it but the price was very poor for the outcome.

Finally stay away from unbelievable offers.I mean the 15k Ecommerce website developers.Most of these so called web developers are amateurs who don't know what they are doing.The user experience is poor and they could use the same design for hundreds of websites.In fact ,a lot of jobs we receive are usually redesigns from clients who have had a bad experience patronizing cheap unbelievable offers.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by foxychev(m): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2016
willace:
Please I want to know how much it costs to get a good website in nigeria

Okay. You can check my previous:
smartedgebusiness.com
benniesmasterpiece.net

This one is under construction:
benniesmasterpiece.net/saheeto
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by yahoofak(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2016
lonelydora:
So many sign posts (both handwritten and typed) littering Port Harcourt streets and roads says it's between 15k and 20k. I have also seen one that says 8k.
lmao! It depends on the kind of website you need. I'm sure no pro web developer would develop a site like jumia or konga for even 30k excluding hosting & logo design

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by mccoy47(m): 9:01am On Jun 06, 2016
industrious:
Linda ikeji doesn't even cost N500 on free blogger template and hosting or godaddy domain name...

Linda ikeji is no longer on blogger per say. Hv u Checked the web address recently?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by tunday4real(m): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2016
Cost of Web design depends on your project. Simple WordPress site design( Cms) will be cheaper than Html (Coding) design. So let your developer know the concept behind your project. For more details visit.. Www.tuyosnet.com.ng
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by MrImole: 9:40am On Jun 06, 2016
Hi guys, I really need your help as I'm a complete novice about website stuff though I would like to own one.

I was directed to simplesite.com by a friend, I registered there and I was sent an email yesterday telling me that my domain is free and ready but I have to pay $1.
My question is, should I pay? How does simplesite.com work concerning web development? I need a mentor to help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by goldenimp(m): 9:55am On Jun 06, 2016
favourmic:

Like all have said depedns on the type of website

we are always available

08023921033 www.goldenimpression.net
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by NePro: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2016
Depends on the hosting service bro,,,everything depends on the hosting hosting gator is cheapest and also with better add ons like u don't need a website developer you can develop urself cause they have website builder same with godaddy but host gator is cheaper
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 06, 2016
MrImole:
Hi guys, I really need your help as I'm a complete novice about website stuff though I would like to own one.

I was directed to simplesite.com by a friend, I registered there and I was sent an email yesterday telling me that my domain is free and ready but I have to pay $1.
My question is, should I pay? How does simplesite.com work concerning web development? I need a mentor to help me with this.
Thanks in advance.

www.mywapblog.com is a better choice. 100% free... unlimited space .. nice graphics e.t.c

if u don't know how to go abt it, just send me an email
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by elosonservices(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2016
favourmic:
You can contact me for one
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by foxychev(m): 11:11am On Jun 06, 2016
favourmic:
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by tr3y(m): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2016
It always depend on the complexity of the website and also time factor.

Cheers.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by eazydon(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2016
Visit www.hypazmedia.info to get the answer
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by industrious: 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
mccoy47:

Linda ikeji is no longer on blogger per say. Hv u Checked the web address recently?

All she did was point her blogger to lindaikejisblog and that's as easy as anything.. She is still on blogger only pointed it to new domain name that could have been gotten for N300 if available cheesy
. We all do it at one time or the other
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by bozz007(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
DMeanMan:

Nigerians are so contempt with sub standard things.

An average web developer in Europe earns >$70K per annum. In naira that is about #21m.

The Fashola website was a complete project. With Web developers, Publicists, Content Managers, Media Personnel and so on.

Ask around, 78m isn't too much price to pay.

you are kidding right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Show Off Your Best Work. / Access Bank Wants To Exchange My Ad Income At N305/$ / What Is Cloud Hosting: How Does It Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.