Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation (47253 Views)

Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) / Babcock University Student Commits Suicide / Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by jazinogold(m): 5:32am On Jun 06, 2016
hmm
I NO COME UNDERSTAND NIGERIANS AGAIN OOO
No money, no money, yet there's always a long queue at the ATM. Are they withdrawing their sins?

6 Likes

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by justicejay(m): 5:33am On Jun 06, 2016
Wow. That's good
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by gurugalore: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2016
hope he did well sha undecided
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Olukokosir(m): 8:43am On Jun 06, 2016
buharisbae:
I was expecting to see heaven

Jst negodu
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by 9ja4show: 8:45am On Jun 06, 2016
Not surprised , do you know how much he paid as shool fees all these years? It can even pay cars
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by 9ja4show: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2016
Not surprised , do you know how much he paid as shool fees all these years? It can even buy cars
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Gkemz: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2016
That's how it should be if our economy is good afterall there would be enough money.
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by danxzy: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2016
is good but they want to kill his future cux he now be feeling pride over RANGE ROVER SPORT
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by texazzpete(m): 8:48am On Jun 06, 2016
decatalyst:
Now, that's a gift!

Not a MUG Aregbesola presented a graduate of UniOsun

Or

The one below.. cheesy grin

Some peeps with poor mentality would think this is too much for the boy. But don't know why he is being handsomely rewarded. Perhaps, he used to be unserious and the type that never wanted to study, so the parents found a way of motivating him. Giving him this prize for educational"achievement" a good reward.

My prayer is that I, and every nairalander that value education be prosperously blessed, and this SUV would even be the least we could give to our kids for a meritorious achievement.

I think you're the one who needs to enrich his mentality if you think a mug gift is terrible, and if you think material benefits are the best to motivate your kids to do well.

Hopefully as you grow older, you will figure out ways to ensure your kids have self-motivation and work to excel to make themselves and their parents proud.

Of course, I have nothing against this gift, before you employ the 'hater' card grin

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by emvico(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2016
pussyeater:
Ritualists Everywhere...undecided
get rich or die trying. you have a poor man's mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by femi4: 8:50am On Jun 06, 2016
yellowbeauty:
the guy parent must be very intelligent rich and responsible cos I don't think an irresponsible and poor son parent will get such for their son
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Ranchhoddas: 8:53am On Jun 06, 2016
Chai...When I do my own convocation, even one plate of rice I no see from anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Eazzyconcept(m): 8:54am On Jun 06, 2016
Hmm... Even if It's ritual or fraud money, atleast they value their son's education. Alots of Nigerian parents don't value education like such and it's bad. Education still remains d best Legacy.....
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Apelex(m): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2016
danxzy:
is good but they want to kill his future cux he now be feeling pride over RANGE ROVER SPORT

His Excellency...
Nah Toyota 4runner be that oh

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by HitlerGaddafi: 8:57am On Jun 06, 2016
Idydarling:
God willing, a surprise like this will come my way when I graduate, Amen.
You have my díck free of charge when you graduate.
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Krismart(m): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2016
Umu ASA gbara boot b4 ga achubazi ya now
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2016
Good for him!

Some of us that graduated some years ago with very good results would have gotten this kind of gift or more from our parents, but they were poor and couldn't afford it. Some couldn't afford even 3 square meal, but they really wanted to get us a wonderful gift!!

If not for the fact that we had to do some menial jobs to keep the education going.

They are suppose to be enjoying us now, but No......they are not, cos there are No jobs! We don't have good jobs! The ones we struggle to get, the connected are getting!

#We still believe there's God tho, and he will answer someday.
cry

3 Likes

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by jara: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2016
This is ostentatious and immature. Does the kid have a job to sustain it? It is one thing to buy a car for a kid to get to work or buy him a modest house after marriage. The kid will always look for a bigger toy from the parents.

They must be looters who can never encourage a kid to work hard. I will only buy my kid a car or even a house under the conditions stated.
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by HitlerGaddafi: 9:01am On Jun 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Chai...When I do my own convocation, even one plate of rice I no see from anybody.
Your own better bros. My own convocation I nor even attend . I just go school the next day go collect my certificate for faculty. My friends who were based in Ilorin threw a party at their home. Na there I just manage myself.

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by laserjet: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2016
buharisbae:
I was expecting to see heaven

Hater
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by buchi16(f): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2016
congrats to him...I wish to giv my kids more dan dis during their convocation...my parents didnt even come for my convocation...bt still grateful to them
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by muller101(m): 9:09am On Jun 06, 2016
brunofarad:
God pls pick my call.......

I want to dash my nonsense landlord something like this.........

Then collect it back grin after sometime
ur landlord is nonsense. Now go build ur own house.
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Jarus(m): 9:11am On Jun 06, 2016
Wetin he wan huistle for again?

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by brunofarad(m): 9:12am On Jun 06, 2016
Have u come across the word SATIRE before ?
undecided

muller101:
ur landlord is nonsense. Now go build ur own house.
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by 0850world(m): 9:13am On Jun 06, 2016
Lovely lovely gift but just too much publicity. Some people can make noise sha. All that poster and and pictures are not necessary na. Style and simplicity badly damaged by that poster.
Congratulations to the young man tho. At least they made him more popular.

3 Likes

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by donhils: 9:13am On Jun 06, 2016
This is soooooooo good.
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Kassidy90(m): 9:14am On Jun 06, 2016
God help me let be able to do even better than this for my children.... Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by pretty16(f): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2016
Yes ooo, was there yesterday for my Half Brother's graduation ceremony. And I hear the boy who got the car graduated with a 2nd class Lower. No be small thing. . But the traffic we experienced yesterday going back to Lagos from Babcock, was another thing. We ended up spending 4hrs on the road going back to Lagos. Sometin that could have taken 45mins to 1hr sad
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by Donwizbro(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2016
pacino26:
Now that is what I call a GIFT!
before what name do u call it?
Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by ibnzubair(m): 9:24am On Jun 06, 2016
jara:
This is ostentatious and immature. Does the kid have a job to sustain it? It is one thing to buy a car for a kid to get to work or buy him a modest house after marriage. The kid will always look for a bigger toy from the parents.

They must be looters who can never encourage a kid to work hard. I will only buy my kid a car or even a house under the conditions stated.

Dear sir,
I have absolutely nothing against your views on child upbringing. But, others have the right to their ways and beliefs. You don't have to be a looter to do something like that for your children. Most parents would do more if the economy was viable.

Besides a family that's into business would not have his son job hunting, which by the way is perhaps the case above.

My point is, you may see it differently, but that doesn't make it wrong

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation by pocohantas(f): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2016
jara:

Somebody was given this kind of car and you think job to sustain it would be problem?
The value of this car no reach to create job? Lwkmd

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / Precious Okoro, FUTO First Class Graduate / Fresh IMSU Graduate Dead As Students Poured Dirty Water On Him! [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.