Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,516 members, 7,840,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

U.a.c Una Well Done O! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / U.a.c Una Well Done O! (1063 Views)

Ar U A Graduate looking 4 a Job? Lets Meet Here / Hmmmn FRSC Recruiters I Hail Una O!!! / Only God Can Give U A Job! The Notore Chemical Industries Example: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

U.a.c Una Well Done O! by johnnyde: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2006
The U.A.C test was held recently at the university of lagos,main auditorium, a lot of people who where invited went ther with high hopes of taking the test only for them to be rejected first of all
1.Those that where above 26yrs were not allowed to take the test
2.Those that didnt have their W.A.E.C papers in one sitting including maths and English were also denied
3.Also those that didnt have their birth certificate were also not spared
I can go on and on but the truth of the matter is that at end only a few hundred were allowed to take the test out of the thousand that were invited.
I mean lets call a spade a spade,what U.A.C did the other day was BAD,I mean since when in Nigeria has age become a criteria for employment,and how can they expect everyone to have their W.A.EC papers in one sitting, i mean its not fair, did they know that some peolple came all the way from sokoto, maiduguri, bauchi, ph etc only for them to be embrassed at the exam venue.All those barriers should not be used as a criteria for employment,employment should be based on merit and the best candidates
Mark my words the way things are goiung in this country a time will come were G.P.A will be used as a criteria, very soon in Nigeria if u are not up to 24 yrs u might not get a job.Though i took test my heart goes to those that were denied access
To those that didnt take the test i will say ALUTA CONTINUA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VICTORIA ACERTA the struggle continues
To those that took the test i will say congrats in advance.
Re: U.a.c Una Well Done O! by johnnyde: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2006
The U.A.C test was held recently at the university of lagos,main auditorium, a lot of people who where invited went ther with high hopes of taking the test only for them to be rejected first of all
1.Those that where above 26yrs were not allowed to take the test
2.Those that didnt have their W.A.E.C papers in one sitting including maths and English were also denied
3.Also those that didnt have their birth certificate were also not spared
I can go on and on but the truth of the matter is that at end only a few hundred were allowed to take the test out of the thousand that were invited.
I mean lets call a spade a spade,what U.A.C did the other day was BAD,I mean since when in Nigeria has age become a criteria for employment,and how can they expect everyone to have their W.A.EC papers in one sitting, i mean its not fair, did they know that some peolple came all the way from sokoto, maiduguri, bauchi, ph etc only for them to be embrassed at the exam venue.All those barriers should not be used as a criteria for employment,employment should be based on merit and the best candidates
Mark my words the way things are goiung in this country a time will come were G.P.A will be used as a criteria, very soon in Nigeria if u are not up to 24 yrs u might not get a job.Though i took test my heart goes to those that were denied access
To those that didnt take the test i will say ALUTA CONTINUA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VICTORIA ACERTA the struggle continues
To those that took the test i will say congrats in advance.
Re: U.a.c Una Well Done O! by Agbo2(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2007
Johnny,
That's so human of you!
Despite you wrote the test you have feelings for others who were denied.

Well, you know the level of unemployment in this country which is presently sky rocketing.
I wouldnt really blame UAC, possibly they never envisaged the crowd that turned up for the test and some measures had to be introduced to reduce the no. so the exercise can be concluded same day.

However, I can only blame them if they had ur CVs prior to that day, i'd say all the screening should hav been done so its just those they invited that'll be opportuned to write the test and with that, they wuld have saved some people their time n money.

(1) (Reply)

Job Tests And Maths / We Really Need A Computer Programmer: Who Has A Clue? / What Is The Latest About 1stbank 3rd Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.