Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) (14068 Views)

House For Sale At Ibadan!! / Elderly Care In Ibadan, Nigeria / Pictures From My First Ever Visit To A Beach At Lagos (from A Village Girl) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 4:57am On Jun 06, 2016
This beautiful park is called Agodi Park and gardens..I visited it yesterday and almost felt like never going home.I felt so at peace with the serene environment and had loads of fun singing my heart out at d karaoke bar.
The park is owned by the Oyo state government and its located along parliament road,Agodi,Ibadan ,Oyo state.The gate fee is N500 but people who intend to swim have to purchase a ticket priced at N1000.
The park has a forestry unit,a pool ,restaurant/bar,karaoke bar(only on Sundays),merry go round for kids,a play park,a lake for boat rides,a zoo(still under construction) and many food spots.You can get popcorn,asun,suya,palmwine etc within the park premises and its quite affordable.
Photos below...

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 5:01am On Jun 06, 2016
Some of the zoo animals..

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Eleniyan15: 5:06am On Jun 06, 2016
world class?
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 5:13am On Jun 06, 2016
more pictures...

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 5:19am On Jun 06, 2016
more..

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Bolade005: 5:32am On Jun 06, 2016
I don't care what anyone thinks, Ibadan is the most beautiful city in Nigeria, even the brown roofs are a beautiful sight to behold.

One would think standard of living in such a beautiful city will be on the high side but no, it's even one of the cheapest in Nigeria. Of all the cities that belongs to its category in terms of aesthetics, their cost of living is far above that of Ibadan.

I love Ibadan.

7 Likes

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 6:01am On Jun 06, 2016
Bolade005:
I don't care what anyone thinks but Ibadan is the most beautiful city in Nigeria, even the brown roofs are a beautiful sight to behold.

One would think standard of living in such a beautiful city will be on the high side but no, it's even one of the cheapest in Nigeria. Of all the cities that belongs to its category in terms of aesthetics, their cost of living is far above that of Ibadan.

I love Ibadan.
on point..its a beautiful place.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 06, 2016
I hear. oun a ni la n noonii
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by YorubaWoman: 6:04am On Jun 06, 2016
Please give me that Palmie embarassed

Ti mo ba leri igbin alata yen na o

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Cutehector(m): 6:09am On Jun 06, 2016
This is the kinda place u take a girlfrnd to

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by dmltoyin(m): 6:17am On Jun 06, 2016
Bolade005:
I don't care what anyone thinks but Ibadan is the most beautiful city in Nigeria, even the brown roofs are a beautiful sight to behold.

I love Ibadan.
one day
Even the great Ibadan brown roofs will attract foreign tourist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by jcflex(m): 6:20am On Jun 06, 2016
it a nice place to spend the weekend.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 6:36am On Jun 06, 2016
Cutehector:
This is the kinda place u take a girlfrnd to
lolz..true o,people doing mushy stuff everywhere,intimidating those of us who went alone.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Cutehector(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2016
queenfav:
lolz..true o,people doing mushy stuff everywhere,intimidating those of us who went alone.
Na u wey wan go alone na. So u are single rhaai? cheesy
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Onegai(f): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
OP, nice pictures

I like the ideas of a zoo but why must they keep the animals in a concrete cage? Why not place plants around them and grasses and remove that nonsense concrete floor (which gets cold at night) in order to duplicate their natural habitat so they can thrive? And then instead of 2 hungry-looking lions, you can start building a whole pride of huge lions and more people will come. Who fed that tortoise watermelon, why not feed them their natural food? Where are our zoologists and Animal Sciences graduates? Are they still chasing bank jobs that will never return. Why not approach the zoo and offer your services, negotiate a salary and use that to improve your knowledge and get personal funding internationally?

Tourist centre, redesign animal cages, create a petting zoo, relocate the water parks a by further off and place the recreation centre close to it, create a horticultural garden with rare plants and flowers (many exist in Nigeria), upgrade the park. Pour money into this place because more and more people cannot afford to travel out and will need relaxation spots locally. It takes upto 10 years to get your profits out of this place.

I wish I could be in charge of a place like this! Total redesign and basic upgrades will see more people flocking here.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by thorpido(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
It's been ages since I was here.I see they have beautified the environment.
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by thorpido(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2016
Onegai:
OP, nice pictures

I like the ideas of a zoo but why must they keep the animals in a concrete cage? Why not place plants around them and grasses and remove that nonsense concrete floor (which gets cold at night) in order to duplicate their natural habitat so they can thrive? And then instead of 2 hungry-looking lions, you can start building a whole pride of huge lions and more people will come. Who fed that tortoise watermelon, why not feed them their natural food? Where are our zoologists and Animal Sciences graduates? Are they still chasing bank jobs that will never return. Why not approach the zoo and offer your services, negotiate a salary and use that to improve your knowledge and get personal funding internationally?

Tourist centre, redesign animal cages, create a petting zoo, relocate the water parks a by further off and place the recreation centre close to it, create a horticultural garden with rare plants and flowers (many exist in Nigeria), upgrade the park. Pour money into this place because more and more people cannot afford to travel out and will need relaxation spots locally. It takes upto 10 years to get your profits out of this place.

I wish I could be in charge of a place like this! Total redesign and basic upgrades will see more people flocking here.
Nice ideas Onegai but I think the Oyo state government still owns and manages the park and you know how it is with government facilities.
I'm even surprised it looks like this.You need to see how it was years ago.
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Onegai(f): 7:32am On Jun 06, 2016
thorpido:
Nice ideas Onegai but I think the Oyo state government still owns and manages the park and you know how it is with government facilities.
I'm even surprised it looks like this.You need to see how it was years ago.

Are you serious? Even if it's government-owned, it doesn't have to be governmen-run. I mean, this could be a real money-maker for Oyo state. If I'm going to go there, it would be because I want my kids to see the lions but the chances of them travelling out to visit a zoo is much higher. Which is sad: I'm carrying money Nigeria needs and giving it to people who planned things better.

At least they tried for having it there.
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by summerflame(m): 7:39am On Jun 06, 2016
God bless you
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Feranchek(m): 7:40am On Jun 06, 2016
queenfav:

Buh why you sef go kon go alone na
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by thorpido(m): 7:43am On Jun 06, 2016
Onegai:

Are you serious? Even if it's government-owned, it doesn't have to be governmen-run. I mean, this could be a real money-maker for Oyo state. If I'm going to go there, it would be because I want my kids to see the lions but the chances of them travelling out to visit a zoo is much higher. Which is sad: I'm carrying money Nigeria needs and giving it to people who planned things better.

At least they tried for having it there.
A private-government partnership is the best way to run a place like this.Those lions need to be well taken care of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 9:10am On Jun 06, 2016
Feranchek:

Cutehector:
Na u wey wan go alone na. So u are single rhaai? cheesy
Feranchek:

lol,so persin cannot comot alone again..hian!Anyways,am single tho.
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 9:16am On Jun 06, 2016
Onegai:
OP, nice pictures

The place is still being developed. They have plans to put the animals in their natural habitat and bring more animals.As for lions,trust me when i say they are well fed. Have u seen d ones in jos zoo?They are an epitome of acute hunger, u can see their rib bones.Them no get strength to roar sef...lol.My fear is that the lions could climb out of that enclosure someday.While we were there, the male was trying to climb d barbed wire to come out, it tried ,got like 1/3rd of the barbed wire and jumped back..Oh boy,that was my cue to come and be going o,i no fit shout abeg!The zookeeper said the weight of the lion would pull it back,that it cant climb..Shior na so...Lets hope the day they are motivated by hunger,they don't become light enough to climb out.I asked about the tortoise eating watermelon,the guide said they can eat anything,but this one loves fruits a lot(tortoise wen like good food)..lol.
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2016
thorpido:
A private-government partnership is the best way to run a place like this.Those lions need to be well taken care of.
Its run by a private firm,who remits a percentage of d profit made to the government monthly.If it were left to the ministry of environment, tall grasses for don overtake d place since.For me,they are doing a good job.I can't Wait to see how the park would look when the place is fully completed.
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by okuneddie(m): 9:35am On Jun 06, 2016
when we tell people that our Ibadan is beautiful, they keep on talking about brown roofs forgetting that the brown roof itself makes the city beautiful and talk a lot about early civilization......now we got two zoos one at U.I and the other there just in a city o.....some states sef no even get one and see how well fed those lions are.....I need to visit there when next I go home.
God bless Ibadan
God bless Osun tiwa ties
God bless Nigeria
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Cutehector(m): 9:57am On Jun 06, 2016
queenfav:
lol it will just be boring.. dnt u get..

cool
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by queenfav(f): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2016
Cutehector:
lol it will just be boring.. dnt u get..

cool
It wasn't.. I had a great time.
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Feranchek(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2016
queenfav:

Hmmm.... I'm thinking.... bia, cutehector, bera stay off O0OO!!!
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Cutehector(m): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2016
Feranchek:

Hmmm.... I'm thinking.... bia, cutehector, bera stay off O0OO!!!
grin she said she is single. She neva said she is dating feranchek
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Feranchek(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2016
Cutehector:
grin she said she is single. She neva said she is dating feranchek

Kamdan na.... you'll soon hear her saying it. Just dey watch. Queenfav, I lie
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by Cutehector(m): 10:26am On Jun 06, 2016
Feranchek:

Kamdan na.... you'll soon hear her saying it. Just dey watch. Queenfav, I lie
oya publicly ask her out here.. if u hav got the balls!
Re: My Visit To Agodi gardens Located at Ibadan,Nigeria (photos) by thorpido(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2016
queenfav:
Its run by a private firm,who remits a percentage of d profit made to the government monthly.If it were left to the ministry of environment, tall grasses for don overtake d place since.For me,they are doing a good job.I can't Wait to see how the park would look when the place is fully completed.
The way it looks now,I knew there must have been a private touch to it.
It's much better than before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband / God bless all Mothers. Amen / Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.