Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

How I Became "Mangophobic" - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Became "Mangophobic" (1734 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became "Mangophobic" by Geofavor(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2016

Tell me, what happens if a person swallows/eats a couple of maggots? Oh God. Well, sometime during the past week, I devoured quite an amount of these toddler house flies. . . accidentally, of course.

The only other time I had seen someone eat maggots was when I watched fear factor sometime ago. Ironically, I had thought to myself that, "why would someone do this; just for money? -- I wouldn't do it for a billion dollars!" And just a few days ago, there I was, licking maggots free of charge.

How did it happen? Oh mum, sweet mum. She bought some fresh cherry mangoes. As if whizkid infected me with his long throat, I latched on to the mangoes at breakneck speed. She noticed my dogged interest, so, she gave me the go-ahead.

Quickly, I yanked two out of the bag. I pounced on the first one with the sharpest knife in the kitchen. I gave it my undivided attention as I sliced through it like a crafty chef. From the knife, I took each slice into my mouth, using my incissors to scrape the comestible juicy yellow flesh away from its skin, down through my oesophagus into my stomach.

It was the first time I tasted a mango this year. I took my time to savour each slice.

On finishing the first mango, I saw the other one looking at me with this scowl on its face that said, "do not eat me now, if you do, I'll be very bitter." So, I decided to come back to it. I kept it in the locker of my study table.

Unfortunately, I totally forgot about it, until two days later when I was scouring for a pen.

"Mhen, look at you; you must have really sweeten up yourself," I said. Immediately, I dashed to the kitchen. From a set of utensils, I drew out that same knife (I loved the job it did the last time).

Without further ado, I began slicing fastidiously. Mmmmmm! In about three seconds, two-third of the mango was resting in the bosom of my stomach. Just as I had hoped, it was ridiculously sweet.

You know, there are some cherry mangoes that give one some sort of a heavenly feeling. All this while, I had my eyes closed while licking, chewing and swallowing concurrently.

By the time I opened my eyes, I saw a maggot dancing on the inner part of the skin of the mangoe I had just eaten . Oh lord! I was rivetted to the spot. 15 seconds later, I turned the remnant of the fruit to the side I was yet to slice, and I sliced it open. Behold, huddles of maggots were frisking about in it. Urgh!!!

At that moment, I could feel my temperature rising. My stomach began to boil. This was far from being nauseous: it was worse. If I swallowed a cup of raw rice at that time, it would become cooked once it reached inside my belly.

What calmed me was the thought of the guy who repeatedly ate maggots on the tv show, fear factor.

Now, I am mangophobic. Hopefully, I'll get over it soon.

Written by Geofavor.
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by seunlayi(m): 11:35am On Jun 06, 2016
hmm

1 Like

Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by tysonnn(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
grin Relax, man. Maggots are actually edible. grin you can google it.
Lalasticlala come and see something

1 Like

Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
This is gory!! Do you have a kinda ,swimming rythmic feeling' in your tummy? This is better imagine!! Gosh!!!
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
tysonnn:
grin
Relax, man. Maggots are actually edible. grin you can google it.
...... but how many have you eaten Mr Tysonnn?!
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by tysonnn(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
modelmike7:
...... but how many have you eaten Mr Tysonnn?!
Yahoo answer: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120419235006AATQMTI.. I don't think it's advisable to deliberately consume maggots, but if you do unknowingly, you shouldn't freight.

1 Like

Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
tysonnn:
Yahoo answer: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120419235006AATQMTI.. I don't think it's advisable to deliberately consume maggots, but if you do unknowingly, you shouldn't freight.
....... I get your point now, you are right... So Op, don't be afraid, maggots are actually proteinous. Wait and see your skin glo with pride!!

1 Like

Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Geofavor(m): 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
modelmike7:
This is gory!! Do you have a kinda ,swimming rythmic feeling' in your tummy? This is better imagine!! Gosh!!!
LOL. Naah..
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Geofavor(m): 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
tysonnn:
Okay.
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 08, 2016
Eww! maggots? anyways I understand, when I was a kid I stole someone's drink and i didnt know it was full of ants, I didn't even realise until days later. I'm still irritated anytime I think about it.
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Geofavor(m): 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
krystalklear:
Eww! maggots? anyways I understand, when I was a kid I stole someone's drink and i didnt know it was full of ants, I didn't even realise until days later. I'm still irritated anytime I think about it.
Ants? Yours can't be as indelible as mine.

Ants are actually proteinous. grin cheesy
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Geofavor(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
By the way, People should beware of the mangoes they eat. This particular one I ate was very fresh. I'm still wondering how maggots got inside.
Re: How I Became "Mangophobic" by Geofavor(m): 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
tysonnn:
grin Relax, man. Maggots are actually edible. grin you can google it.
Lalasticlala come and see something
I have. cool

(1) (Reply)

This Strange Animal Was Caught In Sapele, Killed For Consumption / How To Make Peanut Burger / Rice Variants For Diabetic Patients, Weight Watchers And Health Conscious People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.