Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ (14683 Views)

External Reserves Hit Two-week Low As Naira Weakens / Naira Weakens To N458 Per Dollar At Parallel Market / Today's Naira Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by henrynick(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:
Nigeria is finished under Buhari. This was my post in March 2015 Below:

And the zombies called it threat, noise and all sorts of names. Today, its exactly their reality.

So what do we do about it.......apart from say trash like Nigeria is doomed and all that...tell me how do you live with it?? Do you have any good in you.......I guess not apart from you crying foul like a sissy b*tch....the bitterness and hatered will drown you .......and who ever curses this country will surely never have peace its as simple as that instead of you to channel you energy to positive vibes and think of a way forward nah to complain complain.....now that buhari is the president....its simple you can't deal with it Travel out simple we have nice countries like Sudan Somalia Eritrea etc go settle down dia and stop saying trash .....when I see nigga like you talk here I only pity you people cos y'all sons of hatered and disgust get a life fool

3 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by stmark45(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

And the zombies called it threat, noise and all sorts of names. Today, its exactly their reality.
The man who saw tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by jeffoe(m): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
will devaluation reduce the demand for the dollar and increase it supply, if the dollar is devalued won't the black market price also go up. i have been thinking about this lately.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by jeffoe(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
henrynick:

So what do we do about it.......apart from say trash like Nigeria is doomed and all that...tell me how do you live with it?? Do you have any good in you.......I guess not apart from you crying foul like a sissy b*tch....the bitterness and hatered will drown you .......and who ever curses this country will surely never have peace its as simple as that instead of you to channel you energy to positive vibes and think of a way forward nah to complain complain.....now that buhari is the president....its simple you can't deal with it Travel out simple we have nice countries like Sudan Somalia Eritrea etc go settle down dia and stop saying trash .....when I see nigga like you talk here I only pity you people cos y'all sons of hatered and disgust get a life fool
i just hope they could channel the energy used in complaining to providing solution to the problem. if this country fail we would all surfer it directly or indirectly.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Flets: 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
henrynick:

Wow... that's a lot of negative energy. Instead of the lots of ranting, why not do some critical thinking yourself?

The only hope for a united Nigeria is True Federalism.... That is the response to your question of what do we do about it.
Let me repeat... Buhari should implement the confab report and watch this our economy revitalize in 2 years. Its that simple if only you spend more time thinking than ranting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by henrynick(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
jeffoe:
i just they could channel the energy used complaining to providing solution to this problem. if this country fail we would all surfer it.

Nah your prayer all along see talking to you disgust me abeg no quote me but I'll tell you this anytime you spell doom for your country nah so things go dey turn bad for you too.....cos u re not Japanese and Nigeria is not dividing you'll die of old age in your country....... Bloodclat
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by chimauga(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
Naira have been gradually devalued, the money gram is now expensive,naira
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by AhmadMind: 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
[s]The Naira on Monday weakened further against the dollar at the parallel market, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The currency exchanged at N357 for a dollar as against N350 it traded on Friday.
However, the naira maintained stability with the Pounds Sterling and Euro, trading at N505 and N397 to each of them, respectively.

Meanwhile, pending the release of modalities for the operation of the proposed flexible exchange rate, the official rate remained at N197 to a dollar.
Traders at the market decried the delay in the release of modalities as proposed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

They expressed optimism that a flexible exchange rate would rejuvenate the market.[/s]

[size=15pt]Liars, Fake News, Anti-PMB Propaganda, Zoombies, Biafrauds, NDAidiots, PDP Pigs... Haha Where una sef. Kai Walahi I will deal with all of you that dare me here![/size]
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

Brilliant. Bro, you saw the future . Dont mind these people here. Once you don't support APC,they won't take you seriously.

Aside passingshot,the rest Na kwashiorkor boys.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by chiedu7: 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Darkseid:
Keep Calm; Sai Baba is planning the next strategy.
Baba must be planning how to finish off the naira.

Well let Nigerians enjoy their Change.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by gurunlocker: 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
You will never see zombies here to come and talk to this....
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by henrynick(m): 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

Wow... that's a lot of negative energy. Instead of the lots of ranting, why not do some critical thinking yourself?

The only hope for a united Nigeria is True Federalism.... That is the response to your question of what do we do about it.
Let me repeat... Buhari should implement the confab report and watch this our economy revitalize in 2 years. Its that simple if only you spend more time thinking than ranting.

Nigga please go fvck you self....assuming you said something positive that people can learn from fine but coming up her saying sh*t like the country is doomed bla blah .......tired of talking self y'all can die
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Flets: 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
henrynick:

Nigga please go fvck you self....assuming you said something positive that people can learn from fine but coming up her saying sh*t like the country is doomed bla blah .......tired of talking self y'all can die

Typical APC zombie, hollow and without substance. The ease at which you lot rant away with no-sense when engaged with details reveals why APC propaganda sold with ease to lots like you.

Now run along and add some substance to your discuss next time

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by tico1212(m): 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
Its always naira weakens against dollar... when will dollar weakens against naira?

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by henrynick(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

Typical APC zombie, hollow and without substance. The ease at which you lot rant away with no-sense when engaged with details reveals why APC propaganda sold with ease to lots like you.

Stupid lad I'm not even in Nigeria and don't give a hoot bout any party aiit.....so shove your head inside your ass and be positive ......ogre

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Keep Calm, Buhari is in charge. By the time he comes back from London, a dollar will cost 500 naira.

Change!

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by henryboff(m): 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
No worry 1Naira will be equal to 1 Dollar very soon ( Zimbabwe dollars I mean).

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by chiedu7: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

My guy leave am, everybody sabi say Nija as an entity is dead.

If the north had the resources they would have cut the south loose.

That's why they are willing to keep us in bondage, they are lost without the south.

I thank God that the South-East and South-South are tired if living in bondage.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
CHAINge is a FRAUD!
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

Damn!!! All you said have happened!! Tell me , do you also think Nigeria will divide by 2019? tongue
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Jayceo(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

You are indeed a very wise individual and foresight driven. Your prediction came to pass. But whats the way out?
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Ugosample(m): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
onatisi:

Stop blaming the cbn governor. There is nothing he can do without the presidential approval most especially on a crucial matter like this and unfortunately the president is sick and and has travelled out of the country(as usual anyway) and noone knows when he will be back.
This is the change Nigerians wanted and they will get it in full dose

He can do stuffs without the presidential approval. he is the DAMN CBN governor.......
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by VocalWalls: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Wonderful, I'm waiting for $1/400 before I cash my Adsense pay
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by tiwiex(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
onatisi:

Stop blaming the cbn governor. There is nothing he can do without the presidential approval most especially on a crucial matter like this and unfortunately the president is sick and and has travelled out of the country(as usual anyway) and noone knows when he will be back.

lol @ the sarcasm. Unfortunately, you are right. We asked for it. Even though the CBN should be autonomous. That has not been the case. Everything is being run by body language who knows nothing about economics. e don't realize investors flee from countries where planning is almost impossible. no one knows what they will do te next minute. Scary.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by menxer: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
onatisi:

Na wa ooo
So you need a cargo plane to deliver a Presidential approval?

That approval was given before Emfiele made that announcement, working out the modalities is incumbent on the CBN.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by GodwinBash(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
Clueless presido. Na corruption war wey him sabi & nothing say about economy. From tomato ebola, dollar naira exchange, rise in market product prices, transport fair rise, petrol price wahala and nothing to say after one year in office. History will always keep these records of him.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by cckris: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
tiwiex:

lol @ the sarcasm. Unfortunately, you are right. We asked for it. Even though the CBN should be autonomous. That has not been the case. Everything is being run by body language who knows nothing about economics. e don't realize investors flee from countries where planning is almost impossible. no one knows what they will do te next minute. Scary.
Buhari is a DICTATOR.There's no autonomy for anyone in Nigeria, so long as Buhari is president. We warned.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
Flets:

I have news for you.

Even without the bombing, even with true federalism.....we will still have a depreciating naira.

For the simple reason that oil is at $50 per barrel.....not at the $120 per barrel we need it to be to make the naira go to 114 to $1.

We don't have enough forex. And the irony is that zero bombing, true federalism= lower oil prices(due to increased production)=naira depreciates further due to lower amounts of orex.

What we need to do now is simple. Face the fact that oil money is not enough.....and get our economy free from resource dependency. Simples.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by cckris: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
VocalWalls:
Wonderful, I'm waiting for $1/400 before I cash my Adsense pay
If Buhari continues the way he's leading, Forex will hit 1000.
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by doyinisaac(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
pachman:
It is finished!,the naira is finished!,Nigeria is finished!,Nigerians are finished!I pray GOD helps us
You and your family might be finished...as for me I am not finished....u people curse yourself without knowing just to make point...

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by VocalWalls: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
cckris:

I don't mind
Re: Naira Weakens Against Dollar 357/ 1$ by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
cckris:

Forex will hit that level.....if oil prices stay low.

Which is why you Nigerians should stop behaving as if oil is some sort of savior....and focus on industrial development....which is what is going to get us to N1=$1.

Proper industrial development....not assembly in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Transfer Money Using An ATM / Nigeria Still Ranks 4th Globally On Return On Investment Ratings / PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.