Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. (32411 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / RCCG Refutes Sacrificial Offering Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by frubben(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hw wish it did nt spark outcry from the public will dey hav release d statement?
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by engrhorla(m): 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
phoenix23401:
any idiot could design this...how do we lnow it from rccg hq, no signage, no nothing!

The thing is every parish is responsible for there stationeries and other materials like chairs

And some parish pastors can be so disobedient.

There is always regulations from the national even to the zonal levels

Am just trying to do some enlightenment
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by fansy: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
Does who never operate in a particular field are the first to cast stone at it! Nevertheless, don't eer do anything for God based on 'Compulsion' or 'Cajolment' but rather ur SPIRIT Conviction hence you receive ONLY human reward. Food for Thought!
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by goodforsomthing: 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
strangest:
SUMMARY we did not tell him to write and we are not against him putting it up...

Seriously, God loves a cheerful giver and I can testify to it...

who this news help,the most fastest business now in Nigeria is church business even bank is coming behind them.may God have mercy on us.

Dancing GOD has done it again,just check my Naijabet and bet9ja account and something has drop

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by 2HASUM(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
When the mother goat is chewing leaf, the kid goat will be watching the mode and style
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by irondome: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
chynie:
How much u give God is no one's biz

so the sacrificial form is not nairaland's biz

nice response from redeemed church

proudly catholic

The form is RCCG members' biz and there are lots of RCCG members on Nairaland. If you do not see any thing wrong here, I guess I may have to help you a little bit with this question; what category of blessing would the biblical widow (who gave her mite) fall under in the form? In the eye of Christ, she gave one of the best donations, however, in the eye of a parish pastor, she is not even fit for any blessing.

Mull over that

4 Likes

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by irondome: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
rabzy:
In the eyes of the RCCG region 14 only error is acting without authorization. Any of those amount could have been given cheerfully and without compulsion.
What they don't know or fraudulently keep silent about is that the amount you give does not amount to your blessings. The widows mite is one of the most famous accounts in the gospel but these pastors would wish it was expunged from the scriptures because widows mites can't make them multi billionaires.
In the categorization what is the level of blessing for 1000 naira, 500 naira, 20 naira. What blessing is there for those who had genuine joy that a house of God is to be built but don't have at all but would have contributed if they had.
The categorization of blessings is evil and the wanton greed for accumulation of funds from parishioners is a great sin.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by Nawa4nl: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
[size=!4pt]I beg who signed this kind thing?

Unknown,,then it's FAKE
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by godwin120alex: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
Churches manipulating gullible pple

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by okangisaiah(f): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
I support one giving. What annoys me is that this big churches collect this Sacrifice build schools and make it so expensive that those who sacrifice can't send their children there. Is this fare?

2 Likes

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by achorladey: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
Even the letter from the head quarter had no scriptural backing. If indeed God love a cheerful why are there still tithes. All the contributions during the first century were all voluntary donations not under compulsion or thru grudge. Prove otherwise!!!
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by Compliant(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
Honestly i happens to be a bona fide member of rccg , and also a worker in different department and i know pastor Richard adeboye to be a good man . never new he is in region 14 now.

My major concern is that as Christians we should be straight and open when it comes to the things of God and not drag the church into unnecessary and unpleasant situation like this

Firstly there was a news that region 14 knows nothing of such and now headquarter is saying there is actually something of such BUT it was a parish pastor that did it. My brothers and sisters in rccg we all know a parish pastor CANNOT do something of such for the following reasons

1. A parish pastor is the least in ranking of pastors

2. A parish pastor HAS NO BIZ with a region

3. The highest a parish pastor can do is to ADD PROVINCE 14 AND NOT REGION 14 WHICH IS EVEN VERY VERY UNLIKELY

4. A regional pastor controls different provinces

SO MANY THINGS DONT JUST ADD UP TO BE VERY SINCERE

MAY GOD HELP US ALL

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by chynie: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
irondome:

The form is RCCG members' biz and there are lots of RCCG members on Nairaland. If you do not see any thing wrong here, I guess I may have to help you a little bit with this question; what category of blessing would the biblical widow (who gave her mite) fall under in the form? In the eye of Christ, she gave one of the best donations, however, in the eye of a parish pastor, she is not even fit for any blessing.

Mull over that

see ppl like u misquote others and even bible.

it is an offering not tax. so it is not compulsory
if u like give all your salary, despite the amount whether big or small what matter is the heart of the giver.

in the bible u quoted is not the amount that matter to Jesus but the heart of the giver
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by irondome: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
chynie:

if u like give all your salary, despite the amount whether big or small what matter is the heart of the giver.

in the bible u quoted is not the amount that matter to Jesus but the heart of the giver

What part of the bible did I quote out of context? Are the poor in church not entitled to a category of blessing as well?

Even the leadership of the church knew the parish pastor erred, what's your defence here?

2 Likes

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by koolaid87: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
''While the preacher getting richer, you say honor God's people''- Tupac Shakur.

Religion na scam for Nigeria. People no love one another, church is just a social event for majority, na to flaunt new cars and new wears. Even for one street, we have nothing less than 100 churches, Literally.

Deeper life, redeem, winners chapel, except from buying jets, what are you guys doing for the community.

I'm sick of y'll hypocrisy and its high time y'll practiced what y'll preach.

People donate millions to church, but when a beggar approach them, their response is ''ALABAMUSA''

3 Likes

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by chynie: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
irondome:

What part of the bible did I quote out of context? Are the poor in church not entitled to a category of blessing as well?

Even the leadership of the church knew the parish pastor erred, what's your defence here?

Am not defending him, grading offering for blessings is wrong

not that bible quotation u used didn't fit in well
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by felifeli: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
phoenix23401:
any idiot could design this...how do we lnow it from rccg hq, no signage, no nothing!

[size=14pt]Exactly. It is not even on RCCG letterhead or anything. But in any case let us let sleeping dogs lie. Giving is a personal affair.[/size]
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by felifeli: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
smiliyB:
Earlier today, this church form trended on social media. The 'sacrificial giving form' was given out by the pastor in charge of Region 14 of the Redeemed Christian Church of God to church members. This of course sparked outrage on social media. The Church headquarters has released a statement reacting to the controversy. See the statement after the cut...
[size=18pt]
There is nothing OFFICIAL about your post. In fact it looks like a ridiculous job which you have gone to do at a business center. Try a better one. grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by Afritop(m): 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
asdfjklhaha:
From this statement its clear that the headquarters are aware that what region 14 did was wrong so they came out to denounce the act. This means that the earlier statement from region 14 claiming that they never asked anyone to pay money is a lie. They actually asked members to sacrifice everything they have.
They did not denounce the act. They gave a brief explanation of why the act should not be condemned

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by hardbody: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
chiedu7:
So who released this retraction?

No body signed it?

Read again, it was signed by shalom. Shalom is a sister that changed her name from salome .

In another news, i am recovering from my ban, so I am not strong to write well yet.

2 Likes

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by menxer: 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
VirginFinder:
@All

There is a whole lot of difference between cheerful giving and sacrificial giving.

The former is easy while the latter is painful.

Sacrificial giving will cost you something painful...

They are all scriptural.
It's not by force to do any of the giving. You give in your own interest.

i thought Jesus Christ offered the ultimate sacrifice, why do I still have to give sacrificially?
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by femi4: 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
Dollyak:
I found it strange RCCG didn't address 'categorization' of the financial givings, which is equally as bad as compulsive tone of the form.
They did.
"Whilst we decry his approach"
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by femi4: 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
menxer:

i thought Jesus Christ offered the ultimate sacrifice, why do I still have to give sacrificially?

To help one another e.g sharing my 4mb data with you even when its not enough for me
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by menxer: 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
femi4:
To help one another e.g sharing my 4mb data with you even when its not enough for me

Is that how sacrificial offering is shared in church?

Besides it wouldn't make much sense sharing your 4mb with me when I have 4gb, abi?

I know pastors say you are tapping into the anointing by giving to one (pastor/church) richer than you... but how does that tally with Proverbs 22:16?

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by smiliyB(f): 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
felifeli:

[size=18pt]
There is nothing OFFICIAL about your post. In fact it looks like a ridiculous job which you have gone to do at a business center. Try a better one. grin grin grin[/size]
Hmmmmmmmm why will I do that with my hard earn money when I'm not the G.O undecided I didn't ooo
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by Kdon2: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
asdfjklhaha:
From this statement its clear that the headquarters are aware that what region 14 did was wrong so they came out to denounce the act. This means that the earlier statement from region 14 claiming that they never asked anyone to pay money is a lie. They actually asked members to sacrifice everything they have.

Dey want the members to sacrifice all yet they feed fat on the proceeds frm dis members while members wallow in abject poverty before their very eyes! They can't sacrifice everythin o, no they must live in luxury provided frm d proceed frm d poor members.very heartless!

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by Kdon2: 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
chynie:

So where ll u place the widow in expected reward listed by the church? What's bad is bad my broda simple!

1 Like

Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by litaninja(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
Magas steady dropping every Sunday cheesy
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
Dollyak:
I found it strange RCCG didn't address 'categorization' of the financial givings, which is equally as bad as compulsive tone of the form.
madam explain please.
Re: Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. by mikoy1(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
domopps:
Where's the statement!

Cheeeeers

you dey sleep?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards / Witch In Ozoro Who Stole Someone's Pregnancy 'arrested' / Fr Mbaka Shuts Adoration Ground Over Alleged Threat To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.