Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury (30221 Views)

Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest / Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019 / Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Elliot2(m): 9:45am On Jun 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Buhari did not say you left empty treasury

He said you left "virtually" an empty treasury............look up the meaning in the dictionary

You met about $50Billion in the reserve, sold crude oil 2.2barrels/day at average of $100/barrel for five years and instead of having increased reserve, you left $29Billion, yet no "critical" infrastructures on ground to substantiate the unfortunate situation ...those who knw arithmetic will agree with me that since what u left is just a meager fraction of what you are supposed to have left..............You simply left "almost" an empty treasury judging by this scenario.
u remember that at one point in time,that some governors pressured him to share the money he was keeping in ECA?
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by impossible27(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2016
In buhari's voice - " the last administratio's treasury is TECHNICALLY empty"

lbubu why?
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by greatiyk4u(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2016
chisco82:

And $29billion dollars becomes victually empty treasury?

$29billion is not "victually" empty treasury but "virtually" empty treasury..............so many dumb educated illiterates littering Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by shiftback: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2016
If anybody believes that Jonathan did not "LOOT" or did not engage in any corrupt practice needs to have his or her brain examined.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by OdiriEboh: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by VictorRomanov: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2016
ayo26:
Definitely you couldn't have left the treasury empty. But the issue is; too much faith was placed on you to bring significant development and manage the economy well, as we assumed you were the chosen one. Rather you joined the bandwagon and did as the previous governments did.

Maybe the problem is with him, but with those who place too much faith. Some people are also placing too much of President Buhari. But the truth is: our too much faith cannot make a man go beyond his limitations.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by greatiyk4u(m): 9:48am On Jun 07, 2016
Elliot2:
u remember that at one point in time,that some governors pressured him to share the money he was keeping in ECA?

Is that an excuse?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by obailala(m): 9:48am On Jun 07, 2016
logica:
So it is confirmed that people from that side do not understand figures of speech. Everything is taken literally.
It is actually an intentional self inflicted illiteracy. 95% of the people who claim ignorance of the meaning of the phrase 'virtually empty' are actually educated folks; but on this argument, it is more favourable to their political narrative for them to feign being dull.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by chernest2002: 9:50am On Jun 07, 2016
Gej is 100% better than that dictator, in economy, in human right and freedom of people rights .obj have told buhari to stop crying of empty treasury but bubu is sick and confused so he rely on corruption fight just to win the zombies support.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by toyinid78: 9:50am On Jun 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:

He said you left "virtually" an empty treasury............look up the meaning in the dictionary

You met about $50Billion in the reserve, sold crude oil 2.2barrels/day at average of $100/barrel for five years and instead of having increased reserve, you left $29Billion, yet no "critical" infrastructures on ground to substantiate the unfortunate situation ...those who knw arithmetic will agree with me that since what u left is just a meager fraction of what you are supposed to have left..............You simply left "almost" an empty treasury judging by this scenario.
ur one of reason lecturers sell handouts cos dey no no mata wat u wud never take time to do researches and bring out solutions jonathan used 5yrs as a president remove d five yrs from ur age and tell me wat u av beniefited from d ones dat ruled till now?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:

You only ended up beating about the bush..........na on critical infrastructure that is worth the amount wasted on it...........if he fixed all u mentioned Nigeria won't have been where it is now at the back seat
Visit primary health centers. They all now have solar power/generator, freezers for preserving medical items. The poor people that visits those places will remain thankful. The almajiri schools built to educate the poor people oppressed by northern elite and religion are not critical infrastructure to you. Really? They are obvious. You only sound pained that you didn't receive of those millions that were hanged on goodluck as mismanaged.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Though joe condoned corruption, buhari is a WASTE of my vote!
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by logica(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2016
obailala:
It is actually an intentional self inflicted illiteracy. 95% of the people who claim ignorance of the meaning of the phrase 'virtually empty' are actually educated folks; but on this argument, it is more favourable to their political narrative for them to feign being dull.
Trust me, they actually do not know! Their education isn't the kind you got.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by toyinid78: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2016
shiftback:
If anybody believes that Jonathan did not "LOOT" or did not engage in any corrupt practice needs to have his or her brain examined.
even u urself is a thief cos if u become a councillor in ur area n u live d sit after some yrs and u now ask a friend for 1k he wud say ur a bastard na councillor b4 ohhh, der ar no saints on earth but pretenders
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by wizkidblogger(f): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2016
hmnn...

greatiyk4u:

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by ObaKlaz: 9:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Of course, you didn't leave an empty treasury sir, you only left a depleted treasury.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Teejay2090(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Seenyo:
Though joe condoned corruption, buhari is a WASTE of my vote!

How? I hope this is not another madness in display again.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Teejay2090(m): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Of course, you didn't leave an empty treasury sir, you only left a depleted treasury.

Absolutely. And of course, the level of treasury is certainly one of the component of the KPIs with which we should measure the performance of a governance.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2016
Only Fools & r.etards blindly supports lies!..the ill-prepared/aimless/heartless nomad is insincere!
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by jerryjere(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2016
Ioannes:
I'm waiting for this man's arrest.

he has a lot of explanations to give Nigerians.

chief looter of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

his minions will start swarming this thread now.
YOUR demigod won't dear it, talkless of you. catch him if you can.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2016
Only Fools & mentally mal-functional r.etards blindly supports lies!..the ill-prepared/aimless/heartless nomad is insincere! It's glaring to the blind!
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:
[s]Buhari did not say you left empty treasury

You met about $50Billion in the reserve, sold crude oil 2.2barrels/day at average of $100/barrel for five years and instead of having increased reserve, you left $29Billion, yet no "critical" infrastructures on ground to substantiate the unfortunate situation ...those who knw arithmetic will agree with me that since what u left is just a meager fraction of what you are supposed to have left..............You simply left "almost" an empty treasury judging by this scenario.[/s]
Brilliant crap. Nigeria is bigger and will always be greater than you and your illiterate basstard prinocipal. Buharri is a working/walking corpse. He can never be a messiah. Give us another northerner, maybe a brilliant one like Nuhu Ribadu. Not someone who should be in old people's home. Buharri is burukutu sipping, gworo chewing monstrous primate.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Skybee1(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2016
jangmod:
Oh really? You didn't? Just Gerarahere mehnnnnn
i pity ur life
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Skybee1(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2016
Pls continue avin ur rest tym sir we no d truth already n is nemesis catching on wit dem
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by demandtruth: 10:09am On Jun 07, 2016
What a weakling and clueless fellow this GEJ is

How could you have left an empty treasury when infact you met a lot than what you left

When they say you left an empty treasury this is what it means.

There was a balance of $67B when you started to govern
You earn $500B in 5.5yrs

When you left: $30B

Now, tell me what you built, completed with the loss in the reserve not to even mention how you pilfer the $500B

I don't know which type of education this man had that awarded him a PHD with this type of reasoning
Well, it shows in his wife, too. Probably @let my people go kind of certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:10am On Jun 07, 2016
Prinzemel:
how much was spent on insurgency?, GEJ would have achieved more if not for the distraction. APC should bend down and work instead of using the ideas of the executiive arm of govt who are only good at executing excuses.

Dude pls stop embarrasing yourself...

Read this again This GEJ will not stop surprising me, when he took over leadership our foreign reserve was $42billion and when he was leaving it was $2billion, for 6 years even though his regime experienced the highest crude oil price ever recorded in Nigeria he did not add even a single dollar to d reserve. So he wants tthe account balance to read zero not $2billion before he agrees that he left zero account in a country of 170 million people.No wonder his PhD is questionable.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2016
Prinzemel:
how much was spent on insurgency?, GEJ would have achieved more if not for the distraction. APC should bend down and work instead of using the ideas of the executiive arm of govt who are only good at executing excuses.

Dude pls stop embarrasing yourself...

Read this again This GEJ will not stop surprising me, when he took over leadership our foreign reserve was $42billion and when he was leaving it was $2billion, for 6 years even though his regime experienced the highest crude oil price ever recorded in Nigeria he did not add even a single dollar to d reserve. So he wants tthe account balance to read zero not $2billion before he agrees that he left zero account in a country of 170 million people.No wonder his PhD is questionable.

Is a pity how people quickly take side with politicians in Nigeria, See how people are celebrating Jonathan and Co that ought to be stoned to death.
He didn't leave empty treasury but we want to borrow money to implement budget, where did those people returning their money get it from ?
How much was oil selling in his regime and how much did he save ?
It seems this man is not in agreement with his finance minister or he already knows how ignorant some Nigerians are due to religion, partisanship and ethnicity.

Why won't government officials misbehaving and empty our treasury when they know huge number of the citizen are blinded by ethnicity and religion.

Jonathan highlighted his significant achievements in office, pointing to the peaceful transfer of power to President Buhari as the most remarkable.

How can conceding defeat be someone's greatest achievement ?

In Jonathan's language, Athletico Madrid is a Hero for conceding defeat against Real Madrid.

Heartless thief, murderer of Nigerian soldiers, The destroyer of our economy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by urchman26: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2016
That is my man talking. Showing how brilliant and intelligent he is. Not all those idiots making noise here and there as if their anus is free from ./.............
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by baysol: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2016
iokpebholo:
So wasting ur time explain sir, we already know dt u didn't leave an empty treasury as we were told by d lieing party

Abeg I no sabi grama make una eep me. Wetin be the difference between empty treasury and looted treasury abeg una? We know say for them dictionary, stealing no be corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2016
Ioannes:
I'm waiting for this man's arrest.

he has a lot of explanations to give Nigerians.

chief looter of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

his minions will start swarming this thread now.

GEJ was the undisputed Commander In Thief of the Armed Forces.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2016
demandtruth:

What a weakling and clueless fellow this GEJ is

How could you have left an empty treasury when infact you met a lot than what you left

When they say you left an empty treasury this is what it means.

There was a balance of $67B when you started to govern
You earn $500B in 5.5yrs

When you left: $30B

Now, tell me what you built, completed with the loss in the reserve not to even mention how you pilfer the $500B

I don't know which type of education this man had that awarded him a PHD with this type of reasoning
Well, it shows in his wife, too. Probably @let my people go kind of certificate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21am On Jun 07, 2016
GEJ: The Hero Of Corruption Who Steals From The Poor And Gives To The Rich.

#StealingIsNotCorruption

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Godwin Obaseki Has No Original Certificates - Edo APC / Reno Omokri Reacts To Ibe Kachikwu's Letter To Buhari / Zaria Residents Burn APC Brooms (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.