Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury (30250 Views)

Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest / Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019 / Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by hebenezher(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
masterblogger:

wow! so you are 100% certain that Jonathan is a thief and 100% certain that buhari is an angel. speaking from your 1 room compound. I Beleive you also have the proof. pls don't be fooled by any politician. yoruba ke, Olodo nie.

ode!
jeez! Are you trying to call me a pauper? Amazing! In case you don't know, I'm 200L student of achievers university, located in ondo state owo. studying mathematical science. I pay nothing less than 500 thousand naira per section, believe me dear that's almost x20 more than 4 or 5 years of your tuition fee, including your feeding money. I don't mean to constitute any form of oppression here, and I'm never the type that oppresses people unless you deserve it. If you think I'm lying quest for it. So now you've the right to keep your pauper mouth shut. Bitch
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by hebenezher(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
luvinhubby:

Did you even make sense to yourself?
Bros abeg swerve
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Kunlegzy(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
I initially taught that you would be a good leader before 2011 elections. However, watching you talked on the TV one day revealed to me that you will be a "Dumb Leader" I changed my mind and never casted my vote for you.

Before 2015 elections, I knew your government was a rogue and very corrupt one. However, I didn't know the situation was this bad. You would have done better by just keeping mute at this time and keep enjoying the tolerance offered by this present government.

All the achievements enumerated by you only shows that you are too "Dumb". When a barrel of oil was as high as $140/Barrel, how did you invest the excess to improve and develop this country? You left that great opportunity to your "friends, girlfriends, tribesmen and close relations to mismanage. Now, we are suffering for your lack of foresight. African proverbs taught us to "save for the raining day". What happened in your own case? You wasted the opportunity of the "Diversification of our economy and power, building of new and repair of existing Refineries. Sir, opening of twelve "Glorified Secondary Schools that you called universities cannot count as an achievement when the standards of the existing premier universities are dwindling because of lack of interest by our leaders (you inclusive) who are only interested in obtaining private university license to further exploit the poor masses.
The days of reckoning are approaching fast and maybe yours is nearer than we thought as predicted by your darling wife, who was privy to your level of culpability and had found you guilty in her own court before the 2015 election, and hence predicted that you will go to jail if you loose the election. I beg, your interview is nauseating, because you are insulting our sensibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by seunfape(m): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
Corruption and mismanagement exist in Nigeria since 11960,why would buhari put all these blame on GEJ.he should have blamed it on pdp party generally so many top people will be affected. Abeg make them leave this Man oo.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Since you can make use of internet, in the absence of hard copy dictionary, google will do u a lot of help......look up the meaning of critical infrastructure and thank me later.
THANK YOU.

I MEAN, thank you for letting me know that I am right. You might need to visit https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_infrastructure to re-evaluate what you know about critical infrastructure.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Pringlez: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
ayo26:
Definitely you couldn't have left the treasury empty. But the issue is; too much faith was placed on you to bring significant development and manage the economy well, as we assumed you were the chosen one. Rather you joined the bandwagon and did as the previous governments did.

A lot of sense here; weldone bro!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by anonimi: 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
ba7man:
How much did you leave behind then?

After going on a nationwide jamboree sharing millions of dollars, encouraging looting and defending corruption.

This man is all talk but little substance.

Abeg gba brake with that ya mouth abi na fingers sef.
We know the chop & clean mouth experts pretending to be saints for their zombies.

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3483217_amaechidollarisation_jpegb5e0800e024c28f6be3bb816a31e3e74
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by brojoshua: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
If one has no any meaningful thing to say to the village people yet, then one should keep quiet still, since it is not by force to speak and say something on the issues on ground. For example, none of many of us myself and brothers in our house in the village used to be able to wipe our plates clean after our meals even though we applied our fingers to leak our plates and even our tongues, there would still be a small left over and after our stomach are well filled. And thank God for His many blessings for Nigeria for no matter how corrupt a government and her officials might be there will still be something left.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by ozoemenaca: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
You don't need to say anything Sir, We know them, we know that their names is synonymous with lies.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by focus7: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
The uusal denial syndromes of thieves and looters in pdp. I remember Jonathan prevented Buhari's team in getting involve with the handover process, Jonathan did everything to hide things from the new government.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by seguntijan(m): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
EX-PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN SHOULD JUST GO AWAY QUIETLY.
By Caston Fatanmi.
When a man believe in the veracity of his own follies, nay, his own lies, he not only experience delusion, he tends to make it infectious on others.
Reading this gentleman's comment this morning made me feel like he helped to waste the years of Nigerians in the years he was gifted public office.
Hear him :
1) "I fought against Corruption, by not making money available to be stolen
My reaction;~"How did Dasukigate happen? The General Officers Staffs were able to steal Billions of dollars and flount it. Who lost the key to the safe box at the CBN? Diezani must have been a cartoon character in children's Comic books, eh!
2) "I left the treasury full of cash, if Buhari met an empty treasury how did he get money to bail out the States?
My Reaction; "Sick man of the Niger Delta, this :The money the incoming Buhari administration used to bail out 27 States did not come as cash from the Treasury. It was $2.7 Billion of Nigeria's dividend from NLNG share holding that was hurriedly collected and converted to Naira. I personally wished my President, Buhari,did not do this at the time. Why ?- The States owed the money before Buhari came, let them pay their debt.- Sharing your dividend and spending it on Consumption is bad Economics
It was the same Voodoo Economics that has now half-bankrupted Nigeria.
That $ 2.7 Billion was better invested in a new small-scale LNG plant to be fully-owned by Nigeria and Nigerians. It would have employed Nigerians youths with Engineeting degrees now plying Okada trade.
What country turns her engineering minds to Okada riders, drinking Alamo bitters at 7 am?- The foolish Governors being bailed out were being rewarded for their economic mismanagement and corruption. Not a few of them will waste the Bail-out Funds, or even steal part of it again or divert it to unrelated usage.(it happened !)
A few of these Governors are ingrates who will never respect Buhari or see through his strength of character, honesty and patriotism.
For evidence, please Google one Ayo Fayose!
3) "Buhari is investigating me. It is as if I was President from Independence. I only served 5 years
My Reaction~"Ah, Mr. Jonathan! Your 5 years was tantamount to a hordes of locusts, swarming locusts, and caterpillars and Amazonian Coyotes having visited Nigeria.
It was Plague time! Brother, you did not do well.
Every hand caught in the Nigerian Cookie Jar said you sent them to go and help you, and partly, help themselves to it. But, why ? Well, we have been told by our many SANs about what the Learned People call "Rule of Law".I am just a Layman in law, but someone my good SANs addresses as "my learned friend" :Rule of law starts with, Investigation, then Prosecution, onto, Acquittal or Sentence. Right, bro ?
Ex-President or Not, rule of law demands your having your day in Court.
You are rich enough to pay other SANs alongside your ever reliable Mike Ozakhome, SAN.
See you in Court, Your Excellency. And, Congratulations, Sir.You were not born in one faraway land called, THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA.
There your offense is punishable by attending to the final meeting with the Firing Squad.
You taught some of us a good lesson: Never trust a man because of his nice name or his cool demeanor.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by masterblogger(m): 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
hebenezher:
jeez! Are you trying to call me a pauper? Amazing! In case you don't know, I'm 200L student of achievers university, located in ondo state owo. studying mathematical science. I pay nothing less than 500 thousand naira per section, believe me dear that's almost x20 more than 4 or 5 years of your tuition fee, including your feeding money. I don't mean to constitute any form of oppression here, and I'm never the type that oppresses people unless you deserve it. If you think I'm lying quest for it. So now you've the right to keep your pauper mouth shut. Bitch

Misplaced piority, it's quite unfortunate that you are spending that much to study mathematics. 99% of most successful Nigerians are not graduate of your so called university . While you are still in 200 level, am about to round up my MSC in ABU.
Lying ode
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Adedeji2012(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
Aniwhyte:
. .
. . 5 STAR ZOMBIES
Only 5 Stars? U disappointed me. They are 10 Star Zombies
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Lifeangel(m): 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2016
APC is a party of the confusionists by confusionists and for the confusionists,Gbam. E don finish.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Inova(m): 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
ba7man:

After going on a nationwide jamboree sharing millions of dollars, encouraging looting and defending corruption.

You are very correct. I work on custom road in Marina Lagos just by CBN. During the election period it was one bullion van after another. It was such a shameful display of looting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Suntzung: 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
I
oannes
:

minion 2.

oh, you are Igbo. here, answer this question, point to one thing that goodluck Jonathan's government did for your region.
chai This Plenty Now
1 He employ Ndigbos to run Juicy MDA's so that we can steel money anyhow take am do bussiness importing fake items to come sale market at sabon gari, Alaba, Wuse etc.
2..make i think again or ask my ipob chaiman..the others i de come pls.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
I am eagerly awaiting GEJ's Memoir!
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2016
ba7man:

Are you better off without corruption? After all Nigeria was Africa's biggest economy, but now...you know the rest...
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by valslove8715(f): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

But your demigod, buhari, said it was empty. So, he is lying abi? Or maybe you want to claim the treasury is technically empty.

How do u know I consider him a demigod? the only demigod in my life is my mama. I don't fancy politicians no matter who d person is.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by Prinzemel(m): 7:01am On Jun 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Dude pls stop embarrasing yourself...

Read this again This GEJ will not stop surprising me, when he took over leadership our foreign reserve was $42billion and when he was leaving it was $2billion, for 6 years even though his regime experienced the highest crude oil price ever recorded in Nigeria he did not add even a single dollar to d reserve. So he wants tthe account balance to read zero not $2billion before he agrees that he left zero account in a country of 170 million people.No wonder his PhD is questionable.

Is a pity how people quickly take side with politicians in Nigeria, See how people are celebrating Jonathan and Co that ought to be stoned to death.
He didn't leave empty treasury but we want to borrow money to implement budget, where did those people returning their money get it from ?
How much was oil selling in his regime and how much did he save ?
It seems this man is not in agreement with his finance minister or he already knows how ignorant some Nigerians are due to religion, partisanship and ethnicity.

Why won't government officials misbehaving and empty our treasury when they know huge number of the citizen are blinded by ethnicity and religion.

Jonathan highlighted his significant achievements in office, pointing to the peaceful transfer of power to President Buhari as the most remarkable.

How can conceding defeat be someone's greatest achievement ?

In Jonathan's language, Athletico Madrid is a Hero for conceding defeat against Real Madrid.

Heartless thief, murderer of Nigerian soldiers, The destroyer of our economy
stop taking sides and tell urself the simple truth, can any business survive in the presence of distraction. We only have two problems -1. Weak Fiscal Policy and political structure.
2. Executing good economic policies. I am of this opinion because
The President and his ministers appear ill prepared for office and the evidence of this is their inability to take responsibility for the situation of things in Nigeria.

Was it not John Burroughs who said “a man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else”?

Those words should be embossed on a plaque and placed in a very prominent location at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa. This may help members of the Federal Executive Council take responsibility and stop acting the victim. I am sick and tired of GEJ this and GEJ that, if you go down memory lane it can be deduced that almost all steps and measures GEJ wanted taking were refuted by the oppositon as at then who now make up over 80% of the present govt who still implemented the same ideas they fought against, don't u think GEJ deserves apology?.For example, Nigerians were shocked when the minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said in December of 2015 that the Jonathan administration, which had left office six months ago, was responsible for the biting fuel scarcity the nation was and still is grappling with.

That statement by Mr. Lai Mohammed is a classic case of psychological projection (a psychological disorder characterized by a patient defending himself against his own unpleasant realities by denying the existence of the reality while at the same time blaming another for it).
And it gets worse. It is bad enough that this administration refuses to take responsibility for its own failures, it also wants to take credit for the success of others.

I listened to the Honourable minister rotimi amaechi yesterday, tried calling in on the live programme but couldn't get through. From all I heard he was just bent on critizising the past govt and creating funny excuses.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by bejeria101(m): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2016
Alezy:
And what is buhari doing with the one left?? chasing ND and using DSS as house boys right?? or spending it all on useless travels.

I wonder how many times obj wld tell the last cowbender of daura to stop opening his mouth and spewing crap,$30b is an empty treasury? Receive sense and the ability to use it.
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by jameseva: 11:03am On Jun 08, 2016
seguntijan:
EX-PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN SHOULD JUST GO AWAY QUIETLY.
By Caston Fatanmi.
When a man believe in the veracity of his own follies, nay, his own lies, he not only experience delusion, he tends to make it infectious on others.
Reading this gentleman's comment this morning made me feel like he helped to waste the years of Nigerians in the years he was gifted public office.
Hear him :
1) "I fought against Corruption, by not making money available to be stolen
My reaction;~"How did Dasukigate happen? The General Officers Staffs were able to steal Billions of dollars and flount it. Who lost the key to the safe box at the CBN? Diezani must have been a cartoon character in children's Comic books, eh!
2) "I left the treasury full of cash, if Buhari met an empty treasury how did he get money to bail out the States?
My Reaction; "Sick man of the Niger Delta, this :The money the incoming Buhari administration used to bail out 27 States did not come as cash from the Treasury. It was $2.7 Billion of Nigeria's dividend from NLNG share holding that was hurriedly collected and converted to Naira. I personally wished my President, Buhari,did not do this at the time. Why ?- The States owed the money before Buhari came, let them pay their debt.- Sharing your dividend and spending it on Consumption is bad Economics
It was the same Voodoo Economics that has now half-bankrupted Nigeria.
That $ 2.7 Billion was better invested in a new small-scale LNG plant to be fully-owned by Nigeria and Nigerians. It would have employed Nigerians youths with Engineeting degrees now plying Okada trade.
What country turns her engineering minds to Okada riders, drinking Alamo bitters at 7 am?- The foolish Governors being bailed out were being rewarded for their economic mismanagement and corruption. Not a few of them will waste the Bail-out Funds, or even steal part of it again or divert it to unrelated usage.(it happened !)
A few of these Governors are ingrates who will never respect Buhari or see through his strength of character, honesty and patriotism.
For evidence, please Google one Ayo Fayose!
3) "Buhari is investigating me. It is as if I was President from Independence. I only served 5 years
My Reaction~"Ah, Mr. Jonathan! Your 5 years was tantamount to a hordes of locusts, swarming locusts, and caterpillars and Amazonian Coyotes having visited Nigeria.
It was Plague time! Brother, you did not do well.
Every hand caught in the Nigerian Cookie Jar said you sent them to go and help you, and partly, help themselves to it. But, why ? Well, we have been told by our many SANs about what the Learned People call "Rule of Law".I am just a Layman in law, but someone my good SANs addresses as "my learned friend" :Rule of law starts with, Investigation, then Prosecution, onto, Acquittal or Sentence. Right, bro ?
Ex-President or Not, rule of law demands your having your day in Court.
You are rich enough to pay other SANs alongside your ever reliable Mike Ozakhome, SAN.
See you in Court, Your Excellency. And, Congratulations, Sir.You were not born in one faraway land called, THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA.
There your offense is punishable by attending to the final meeting with the Firing Squad.
You taught some of us a good lesson: Never trust a man because of his nice name or his cool demeanor.

Where did you copy this write up from? I'd like to make a new topic with it and attach a source! Good Read! Thank you!!
Re: Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury by anyicash(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2016
Ioannes:

minion 2.

oh, you are Igbo. here, answer this question, point to one thing that goodluck Jonathan's government did for your region.
nothing absolutely nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasir El-Rufai's Thought On Buhari And Babangida's Age In 2010 / Crowd Welcomes VP Osinbajo To Kano State (Photos) / Police Stage Show Of Force In Anambra Ahead Of Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.