Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims (1320 Views)

Man Complains About Muslims - See What Happened To Him! / See What An Islamic Scholar Said About Muslims Wishing Christians Merry Xmas / Lies About Muslims Converting To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Kei144(m): 6:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Now there are two main Muslim sects, Sunnis and Shia, the Sunnis are 70% to 75% and Shia are 20-25% or something close. Now I live in Lebanon where a census is not allowed but the Sunnis and Shia make up about 60% of the population pretty evenly

Now I have Sunni and Shia friends, now the Shia have been oppressed by the Sunnis for a long time, my Sunni friends are more sectarian than my Shia friends and my friends are exposed to western ideals, but the regular Lebanese Sunni is hardcore sectarian, the Shia are cool people and not Sectarian, The Sunnis are way more religious than the Shia. I would feel a lot safer in a Shia neigbourhood than a Sunni one. The regular Sunni in Lebanon are hoping ISIS would come in and wipe out Hizballah knowing full well they would commit atrocities against the Shia and Christians also. The uneducated Sunni Lebanese are indoctrinated by their religious and political leaders and its mostly that Sunni is the only real religion and everyone else is a kaffir

Trust me I would much rather go to Iran than Saudi Arabia, Christians who went to Saudi and wore a cross have been assaulted, pretty much the majority of Christians in Lebanon are hoping Iran gains more power in the Middle East than Saudi Arabia.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3194053/pg1
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by feldido(m): 7:08am On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks for your clarification, more like what is happening to the shiite Muslims in Nigeria.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by ikbnice(m): 7:17am On Jun 07, 2016
read and will reread it later.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by sprinter101(m): 7:17am On Jun 07, 2016
$$
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by chimauga(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2016
Cool
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Blackkie: 7:26am On Jun 07, 2016
So the Islamic family has factions? Ok.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by laurel03(m): 7:32am On Jun 07, 2016
Blackkie:
So the Islamic family has factions? Ok.
yes now
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Sleekydee(m): 7:37am On Jun 07, 2016
Denominations everywhere, even within Christians, definitely cnt be God.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by tintingz(m): 8:36am On Jun 07, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by UyiIredia(m): 8:41am On Jun 07, 2016
Nice piece.

1 Like

Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by ShiaMuslim: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
"Your fellow man is either your brother in faith or your equal in humanity"- Imam Ali (as)
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by ebiagtales: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
If you like white shit and hate black shit or you love black and hate white shit, the fact remains that you are still a lover of shit, no matter the colour. Religion is shit, don't stay in it. God is not a tribalistic God. His children are the ones you are serving, God( Domino Reverad) does not like being worshipped. Do you worship your earthly father? So you are not supposed to worship anyone. Just do the right thing and use your brains, that's what God wants. Read the DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS and you'll see the truth of the universe there.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Ranchhoddas: 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
ebiagtales:
If you like white shit and hate black shit or you love black and hate white shit, the fact remains that you are still a lover of shit, no matter the colour. Religion is shit, don't stay in it. God is not a tribalistic God. His children are the ones you are serving, God( Domino Reverad) does not like being worshipped. Do you worship your earthly father? So you are not supposed to worship anyone. Just do the right thing and use your brains, that's what God wants. Read the DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS and you'll see the truth of the universe there.
You don accept Domino true true abi you dey joke?
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2016
I though Iran was Sunni and Saudi Arabia Shia.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2016
Muafrika2:
I though Iran was Sunni and Saudi Arabia Shia.

It's the other way round.
They have the sunni, the shi'a the kwariji and ahmadiya. While each of them are split into other denominations of one islam.

They use the same quran, issue however is the leadership aspect. The Shia islam actually believe the leadership should go to Ali rightfully while the Sunnis don't. This battle has been fought since the beginning of islam over 1400 years ago. Funny many of them don't even know these things, when you ask them, "I am a muslim" they don't even know which is which.. grin

Read further

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches

grin sorry I am not Muslim tho.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 08, 2016
Ok. Thanks,

gimakon:

They have the sunni, the shi'a the kwariji and ahmadiya. While each of them are split into other denominations of one islam.

They use the same quran, issue however is the leadership aspect. The Shia islam actually believe the leadership should go to Ali rightfully while the Sunnis don't. This battle has been fought since the beginning of islam over 1400 years ago. Funny many of them don't even know these things, when you ask them, "I am a muslim" they don't even know which is which.. grin

Read further

Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by ShiaMuslim: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2016
gimakon:

Read further

The Ahmadiyyah will still fall under the Sunni branch of interpretation in Islam. They originated from Sunni Islam.

The two branches only Islam where all groupings and sects and different name fall into is Sunni and Shia. Under Sunni and Shia you may find names and groups but they either belong to those two umbrella names or are offshoots. The Khawarij do not any longer exist today as a group that they once did. Even the khawarij must have either been Sunni or Shia as they split from the army of the fourth caliph. They were defeated and went into extinction as a distinct group.

The only third group which exist today distinctly are the Ibadi. This small group considers itself belonging to neither Shia nor Sunni. They are found mainly in Oman and Algeria. However, when you trace their origin, they emanated from the Khawarij and they split their existence and changed their course. Again, tracing the Ibadis, you find that they still go back to the Sunni-Shia divide.

Any group that exist in Islam or sect can be traced to the Sunni-Shia split. So there are only two branches of Islam. And under them other offshoots came from and groups exist. Yet, there are those considered as mainstream Shia and mainstream Sunni.

I hope this clarifies things.
Re: As An Arab Christian This Is What I Have To Tell You About Muslims by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 08, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

The Ahmadiyyah will still fall under the Sunni branch of interpretation in Islam. They originated from Sunni Islam.

The two branches only Islam where all groupings and sects and different name fall into is Sunni and Shia. Under Sunni and Shia you may find names and groups but they either belong to those two umbrella names or are offshoots. The Khawarij do not any longer exist today as a group that they once did. Even the khawarij must have either been Sunni or Shia as they split from the army of the fourth caliph. They were defeated and went into extinction as a distinct group.

The only third group which exist today distinctly are the Ibadi. This small group considers itself belonging to neither Shia nor Sunni. They are found mainly in Oman and Algeria. However, when you trace their origin, they emanated from the Khawarij and they split their existence and changed their course. Again, tracing the Ibadis, you find that they still go back to the Sunni-Shia divide.

Any group that exist in Islam or sect can be traced to the Sunni-Shia split. So there are only two branches of Islam. And under them other offshoots came from and groups exist. Yet, there are those considered as mainstream Shia and mainstream Sunni.

I hope this clarifies things.

Sure, it does add to somethings I opened my eyes to about islam.

(1) (Reply)

INCREDIBLE! A Prophet’s Prediction About TB Joshua / On Christmas Day - 7 Notifications To All Christians / Seven Things You Can't Do As A Moral Relativist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.