Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) (3889 Views)

An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding / "Don't Buy Into The Senseless Propaganda On Secession" - President Buhari / APC Blasts Charly Boy: Buhari Will Never Resign, Stop Making Senseless Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2016
Attached is a picture of one of the recent killings in ALUU River states and also a pic of a beheaded APC member in Rivers.

There are lots of terrible killings, barbaric acts and maiming going on in the South, Rivers and Bayelsa in particular yet there seems to be a deafening silence from the NIGERIA IS A ZOO charlatans. There is no wide spread condemnations as we usually see when such barbaric acts are perpetuated in the North. Should any of this killings in Rivers and Bayelsa being reported in the media have happened in the North, there would have been an adrenaline rush by the online and offline warriors to carry out waves of attacks and condemnations both online and offline with preaching and rantings of how Nigeria can no longer be one. Why the deafening silence when such atrocities are commited in the South.

Are the lives in the Northen Part of Nigeria Worth more that the lives in the southern part?

In another twist, this same charlatans where all out from "Free Ese" campaign simply because Buhari is the president, but have deliberately refused to believe or campaign for the Chibok girls simply because Jonathan was president.

There is wide spread condemnations when someone is killed for religious beliefs, but there is celebration when one is killed for supporting a political party that they don't support. This was widely seen in both Rivers and Bayelsa elections. While these same break Nigeria charlatans condemn killings in the North, they indirectly support and are happy to spread news of killings of a supposed "Judas" in the south for party differences.

There are cases of bitter rivalry between communities and ethnic groups in a state or region, where some feel more superior than the other. We see what is happening between Ijaw, Ishekiri, Ogoni. We read about the recent killings in Enugu, simply because one community feels they are more superior than the other, hence a particular road should not be passed by the minorities. Is it the Ife Modakeke crisis. So many more.

If there is still minority and superiority gene within the NIGERIA IS A ZOO charlatans, or other ethnic groups on what grounds are they asking for Nigereria's break up.

Preaching the break of Nigeria, or promoting sectionalism will not solve any problem but rather compund it. We should purge ourselves of senseless hates due to religuous, political, ethnic or whatever hate, that is the only way we can live in peace and Nigeria can move forward.

To Keep Nigeria One is a Task that MUST be done.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Mr President

Koboko69
Edo State

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2016
All SENSIBLE additons and substractions, observations and commendations are welcomed

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Mrjo(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2016
Imagine ur bias thinking. Sorry is ur second name.

4 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 10:38am On Jun 07, 2016
Mrjo:
Imagine ur bias thinking. Sorry is ur second name.

If you have a superior argument, push forth, not all this single line sentimental kind of comments

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by xmich(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2016
@OP viewers discretion advised;say thanks
Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by prince088: 10:43am On Jun 07, 2016
Op take cover. They are coming for your head. In Igbos voice: The OP is Hausa Fulani Northern man

5 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by kenny987(f): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2016
Bottom line is...we're too damned different and don't share same beliefs. If regions are not going to be given autonomy to grow at their pace then we'd rather have a mostly homogeneous society built on equality, shared beliefs and free competition.

No more should one crazy from an arid region be foolhardy enough to say that the oil in Bayelsa belongs to Jigawa. Has anyone from Bayelsa claimed that the agricultural proceeds n produce from Jigawa n co belong to Bayelsa? No unitary federal government should dictate and share d proceeds from federating units. No one should be regarded as minority in his fatherland cos afterall no one asked to be joined to some farcical northern majority.

U are worried about issues of internal fights n wrangling within states? They may have issues but they still know they are brothers. Unless d op was an only child, u fought with ur siblings n quarrelled abi? Did that make you stand by n watch ur sibling get attacked or beaten by a stranger or bully? That's d way it works, keep ur nose out of family matters cos they know how to resolve themselves. Being lumped with other parasitic regions doesn't make their quarrels reduce. It's family business pure n simple!

There will always be round condemnation of murder and crime perpetrated in the name of islam/religion because it is unconscionable to us. Don't kidnap our underage girls, forcefully marry them off and hide under the permissibility of Islam, no! Don't murder or behead a Christian because of her beliefs contrary to islam, no! Don't engage ur boko haram elements that scream allahu ahkbar while on a killing spree and expect islam which we do not adhere to, not to be ridiculed. The difference between these crimes and those perpetrated in the South is that, while the unfortunate end result is death, those in the south do so in their capacities as individuals and human beings who made a choice to commit crime. They do not attempt to call on Jesus or claim that it is permissible in Christianity. They are condemned as well and face their crimes squarely without any religious colouration.

About Chibok, who was their chief campaigner? Was it not Oby Ezekwesili? Where is she from? Op! Respect yasef!

koboko69:

If you have a superior argument, push forth...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by TippyTop(m): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2016
Genius!!
Because people get killed in Bayelsa and Rivers, why can't southerners be killed in Kaduna and Kano without publicity, this is flawless logic.

If the @OP don't win Mumu of The Year Award, then its obviously rigged.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by obongitiad(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2016
Koboko69, are you the author of dis nice piece?

I totally agree with you:

- 22 ppl killed in Rivers State. No wahala.

- 10 killed in Inter-tribal war in Delta State due to land boundary issue. No wahala.

- 20 killed in Bayelsa State during election campaign. No wahala.

- 5 killed in Enugu community clash.

"No wahala! Afterall, na we dey kill ourselves na. Abeg leave our matter for us. Na we we".

Oya na: "Fulani Herdsmen kill one in Enugu!"shocked "Choi! Nigeria is a zoo! Nigeria must break up! Buhari is a terrorist! Fulani wants to islamize Nigeria".

Its not hypocrisy. Its just what it is. Its very okay to fight your brother and even kill him. But its a taboo for an outsider to do same, let alone someone you hate so dearly and deeply! wink

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 10:57am On Jun 07, 2016
TippyTop:
Genius!!
Because people get killed in Bayelsa and Rivers, why can't southerners be killed in Kaduna and Kano without publicity, this is flawless logic.

If the @OP don't win Mumu of The Year Award, then its been obviously rigged.
U were warned that only sensible comments are welcomed. Be Wise, i am ashamed of your level of intelligence. You shouldn't troll on threads that are beyond your thinking capability.

3 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 10:59am On Jun 07, 2016
obongitiad:

- 10 killed in Inter-tribal war in Delta State due to land boundary issue. No wahala.

"No wahala! Afterall, na we dey kill ourselves na. Abeg leave our matter for us. Na we we".

Oya na: "Fulani Herdsmen kill one in Enugu!"shocked "Choi! Nigeria is a zoo! Nigeria must break up! Buhari is a terrorist! Fulani wants to islamize Nigeria".

Its not hypocrisy. Its just what it is. Its very okay to fight your brother and even kill him. But its a taboo for an outsider to do same, let alone someone you hate so dearly and deeply! wink

Sure i am. There is deafening silence when killings are carried out in the south even against each other. But when BokoHaram Haram strikes in the North, Nigeria automatically becomes a Zoo. These guys are super clowns

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2016
obongitiad:

I agree with u.
Killing is bad and should be condemn. whether by Cultist in the south or Islamic extremist in the north. They are both equally evil.
We in the south have actually shown high level hippocracy to be sincere. We tend to downplay killings by politicians and cultists in our backyard. I think it is shameful on our part.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 11:06am On Jun 07, 2016
tuale4u:

I agree with u.
Killing is bad and should be condemn. whether by Cultist in the south or Islamic extremist in the north. They are both equally evil.
We in the south have actually shown high level hippocracy to be sincere. We tend to downplay killings by politicians and cultists in our backyard. I think it is shameful on our part.

That is the pure truth. What is more barbaric than a brother killing his brother? Yet such is down played as it does not fit their evil campaign

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Jirate(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2016
Op, you raised some valid points in your post, but We all had been Condemning and will continue to Condemn Senseless Killing any where in the World. Southners are not Hopocrite in this regard. They speaks Vehemently against Cultism any day.

1 Like

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by OjukwuWarBird: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2016
OP YOU SUPPORT KILLINGS IN THE NAME OF ALLAH. THAT IS WHY YOU WROTE THIS TRASH TO JUSTIFY THE KILLING OF THE IGBO WOMAN. angry

Lugard, see the mess you caused. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 11:13am On Jun 07, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:
OP YOU SUPPORT KILLINGS IN THE NAME OF ALLAH. THAT IS WHY YOU WROTE THIS TRASH TO JUSTIFY THE KILLING OF THE IGBO WOMAN. angry
Lugard, see the mess you caused. undecided
Follow the below instructions. Thank you!
koboko69:
All SENSIBLE additons and substractions, observations and commendations are welcomed

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

1 Like

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Koolmexxi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
OP nobody is justifying some of these heinous and brutal murders under whatever guise. I don't think there wasn't anyone who didn't condemn and criticize those crimes in d "South" like u pointed out. But how many of those ones u mentioned was religiously motivated? Lives are brutally lost in their numbers in gruesome attacks in cult clashes during their 'wars'. People are only voicing out because dis case was one religiously motivated. U do realize what would happen if a Muslim was to b attacked and killed in d south for whatever reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by omenka(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
koboko69:

Sure i am. There is deafening silence when killings are carried out in the south even against each other. But when BokoHaram Haram strikes in the North, Nigeria automatically becomes a Zoo. These guys are super clowns
Exactly the same reason I wrote the Ese Oruru and Ebonyi rape victims piece. Our hypocrisy is out of this world.

3 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Koolmexxi:
OP nobody is justifying some of these heinous and brutal murders under whatever guise. I don't think there wasn't anyone who didn't condemn and criticize those crimes in d "South" like u pointed out. But how many of those ones u mentioned was religiously motivated? Lives are brutally lost in their numbers in gruesome attacks in cult clashes during their 'wars'. People are only voicing out because dis case was one religiously motivated. U do realize what would happen if a Muslim was to b attacked and killed in d south for whatever reasons.

Killing in any guise should be condemn the same way religuous or any killings that happened in the North should be. You know exactly what i am talking about. Should the recent killing have happened in whatver guise in thr North, we know what the internet will loom like. Don't pretend u know what am talking about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
omenka:
Exactly the same reason I wrote the Ese Oruru and Ebonyi rape victims piece. Our hypocrisy is out of this world.
it is because murder by the north is considered murder by APC muslim
while murder by sountherner is considered murder by PDP christian.

It is all about APC vs PDP
Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by SWG25: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
Preaching the break of Nigeria, or promoting sectionalism will not solve any problem but rather compund it. We should purge ourselves of senseless hates due to religuous, political, ethnic or whatever hate, that is the only way we can live in peace and Nigeria can move forward.
Believe me when I say that the breakup of Nigeria will solve so many problems. I mean sooo many problems. It would look like magic

1 Like

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Davvymavvy(f): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
koboko69:

Killing in any guise should be condemn the same way religuous or any killings that happened in the North should be. You know exactly what i am talking about. Should the recent killing have happened in whatver guise in thr North, we know what the internet will loom like. Don't pretend u know what am talking about.

Your points are well thought out and logically articulated, but you must understand people's outcries in the two scenarios you are painting for our unbiased appraisal. Southerners go haywire whenever the killing up north is of southern extraction, trust me, they are less bothered if the victim is a Northerner. Whether they downplay the one happening at their backyard or pretend not to see it should be of less concern. Ordinarily, it wont generate much opprobrium because of the bond and tribal affiliation.

Trust me, the situation can't get any better if the contraption still exists. You don't expect good wishes from your staunch enemy who at any slight opportunity prays for downfall.We have to live with the so called hypocrisy till they allow each tribe to bear her father's name.
Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by yanshDoctor: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
the contents matter is different from the allegation raised by the OP.

1, Southerners don't killed in religious manner or matters.

2, Southerners don't kill northerners in whatever form to get at the north. unlike the north who killed for Allah and kill southerners to get at the south for some unrealistic issues.

the killing in south is related to personal issues and connection between the two fighting groups.

Muslims are fanatics. hypocritic and terrorist.

southerners condemned bad thing when they see one either in churches or pastors or whatever.

4 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Koolmexxi(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
koboko69:

U actually make it sound like these other killings were applauded or ppl simply totally ignored it... U should go back to the Aluu threads and review d comments there again. Wen cultists gruesomely go at each other we can only but pity dem cos dats what dey signed up. D last time a violent protest /riot rocked Abuja, it was over a cartoon depiction in far away Denmark I think, all in d name of their religion. U do realise d chaos we would find ourselves in if we all have to react to perceived cases of blasphemy.

4 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
Davvymavvy:

Your points are well thought out and logically articulated, but you must understand people's outcries in the two scenarios you are painting for our unbiased appraisal. Southerners go haywire whenever the killing up north is of southern extraction, trust me, they are less bothered if the victim is a Northerner. Whether they downplay the one happening at their backyard or pretend not to see it should be of less concern. Ordinarily, it wont generate much opprobrium because of the bond and tribal affiliation.

Trust me, the situation can't get any better if the contraption still exists. You don't expect good wishes from your staunch enemy who at any slight opportunity prays for downfall.We have to live with the so called hypocrisy till they allow each tribe to bear her father's name.

That is not correct. For political reasons, they also go haywire when BH kills Northeners in the North. Benue is middle belt, we see them screaming Agatu this and that. But they are very much less concerned about the killings in their own region.
Should it be an APC government in Rivers or Bayelsa, trust me if this killings are happening, the tone of condemnations will be different. That is how low we have gone.
Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
[s]
kenny987:
Bottom line is...we're too damned different and don't share same beliefs. If regions are not going to be given autonomy to grow at their pace then we'd rather have a mostly homogeneous society built on equality, shared beliefs and free competition.

No more should one crazy from an arid region be foolhardy enough to say that the oil in Bayelsa belongs to Jigawa. Has anyone from Bayelsa claimed that the agricultural proceeds n produce from Jigawa n co belong to Bayelsa? No unitary federal government should dictate and share d proceeds from federating units. No one should be regarded as minority in his fatherland cos afterall no one asked to be joined to some farcical northern majority.

U are worried about issues of internal fights n wrangling within states? They may have issues but they still know they are brothers. Unless d op was an only child, u fought with ur siblings n quarrelled abi? Did that make you stand by n watch ur sibling get attacked or beaten by a stranger or bully? That's d way it works, keep ur nose out of family matters cos they know how to resolve themselves. Being lumped with other parasitic regions doesn't make their quarrels reduce. It's family business pure n simple!

There will always be round condemnation of murder and crime perpetrated in the name of islam/religion because it is unconscionable to us. Don't kidnap our underage girls, forcefully marry them off and hide under the permissibility of Islam, no! Don't murder or behead a Christian because of her beliefs contrary to islam, no! Don't engage ur boko haram elements that scream allahu ahkbar while on a killing spree and expect islam which we do not adhere to, not to be ridiculed. The difference between these crimes and those perpetrated in the South is that, while the unfortunate end result is death, those in the south do so in their capacities as individuals and human beings who made a choice to commit crime. They do not attempt to call on Jesus or claim that it is permissible in Christianity. They are condemned as well and face their crimes squarely without any religious colouration.

About Chibok, who was their chief campaigner? Was it not Oby Ezekwesili? Where is she from? Op! Respect yasef!

[/s]

Are u not eating the farm produce from Jigawa in Bayelsa? What's Oil if u are allowed to starve to death, just like cutting food supplies to Biafras territories was used as a war weapon then. Why didn't they drink the oil then as food?

You mentioned Oby? Thr say Oby u guys despise so much just as it is for Rev Mbaka?

Keep deceiving yourselves. I wonder what is more barbaric than a brother killing a brother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by vedaxcool(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hypocrisy made them forget beerfraud when Jonathan was president only remembering it after he was disgraced from power.
.Hypocrisy is the worst form of self deceit one can engage in.

2 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Davvymavvy(f): 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
koboko69:

That is not correct. For political reasons, they also go haywire when BH kills Northeners in the North. Benue is middle belt, we see them screaming Agatu this and that. But they are very much less concerned about the killings in their own region.
Should it be an APC government in Rivers or Bayelsa, trust me if this killings are happening, the tone of condemnations will be different. That is how low we have gone.

Does it matter bro? Do you begrudge them? The unfolding development is a testament to an expired Nigeria. You are an Edo man, I respect your sense of patriotism, the need to keep Nigeria as one. It's not as if you stand to lose anything in the advent of secession. Bro, face reality, our brothers from the other side ain't seeing it that way, why should they be forced to stay? You are maintaining this position because you are not one of them! Nigeria is not working so dissenting voices should be entertained and their agitation addressed. I'm a Yoruba guy, I don't believe in one Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by koboko69: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Davvymavvy:

Does it matter bro? Do you begrudge them? The unfolding development is a testament to an expired Nigeria. You are an Edo man, I respect your sense of patriotism, the need to keep Nigeria as one. It's not as if you stand to lose anything in the advent of secession. Bro, face reality, our brothers from the other side ain't seeing it that way, why should they be forced to stay? You are maintaining this position because you are not one of them! Nigeria is not working so dissenting voices should be entertained and their agitation addressed. I'm a Yoruba guy, I don't believe in one Nigeria

So killing your kinsmen, in the name of politics or cultism, or in the ethnicity is also a sign of expired Nigeria? The escalated hatred for the North and the succession preaching charade was simply occassioned by Jonathan's exit. Do not be economical with the truth .

2 Likes

Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Davvymavvy(f): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
koboko69:

So killing your kinsmen, in the name of politics or cultism, or in the ethnicity is also a sign of expired Nigeria? The escalated hatred for the North and the succession preaching charade was simply occassioned by Jonathan's exit. Do not be economical with the truth .

I'm not an Ibo man and I hate to hold brief for them. Agitation for Biafra is as old as Nigeria, about 2million of them died for what they believed in, it has now become an ideology that is deeply rooted in their subconscious, only a spark is needed to trigger it, the spark could come in any form out of which religious and political sentiments take the front row. Whether they are fighting because of their loss in the last election is immaterial, were they at electoral loss in 1967 too? Northerners also initially supported Book Haram when it appeared it was a political battle with religious undertone aimed at destabilizing the govt of Jonathan. Whether this my claim is true or not, it's a matter of perception but that was the popular opinion. So, doing same by those at the receiving end of electoral loss won't be totally out of place bearing in mind how skewed our political structure is. I don't have anything against them despite their bitterness towards my people, because it is only understandable you act irrationally when you perceived you are being treated unjustly, it could you!
Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) by idupaul: 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2016
It's because most people natural view northerners as bigots and thousands have been maimed and killed just because of religious belief in the north while those in the south were killed in karma driven cult wars which they already knew was the price of belonging to a cult

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Will Zahra, Halimat And Yusuf Buhari Do Their NYSC? / The Demystification And Decanonization Of Nnamdi Kanu / Buhari Set To Appoint Aregbesola As Minister Of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.