Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Fallen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fallen (973 Views)

Fallen Angels: Untold / A Poem For The Fallen Heroes - Superheroes / Fallen Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fallen by Jetjacky(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
[img] http://pre02.deviantart.net/1454/th/pre/i/2015/349/0/f/falling_angel_with_broken_wings__transcription__by_xolardark-d9k7z07.png[/img]

https://crysnovstories./2016/06/07/fallen/
Fallen

Once I knew how to rise,

once I knew how to fly,

Once I knew how to brake through the toughest rocks,

Once I knew smiles.
But now has my eyes faded,

but now has my hands weakened,

And now has the strength I once possessed,

slipped away.

Wake me up from this nightmare,

order me my bow and arrows,

sling them over my shoulders.

I shall go and rise again,

I shall rise into the sky,

I shall sour high,

and behold the glory of the heavens once more.

Quench my taste oh thou juicy flocks of birds,

whose tails sways in a never ending form of love,

And freedom.

Ah, arise my weary heart, for the time is upon us, when we shall ride the open sky, arise my broken heart, and hieve a sigh. Let your chambers be filled with the young melody of fire, those amazing embers that we once knew as we glide the open sky.

Never again shall we be covered in shame of our lost beauty,

Never again shall we overlook those tenderness of life we once forbeared,

Never again shall we forget the beauty of our wings, that warmed us up during the code days......... more

Arise my broken heart, rise from Thy fallen height. Arise my golden wings, for thy master calleth.

Disclaimer: do not in any form claim ownership of the above picture.

(1) (Reply)

Strange Room - A Short Story / All Hail: Achebe Wins America's Highest Literature Prize / Free Black History Ebook Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.