Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? (22204 Views)

The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) / What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by golddeejay(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
it used to be N8k per month before my father passed on when I was abt enter 200lvl, from there I hustled my way out of d university. THough I have a bro that helped once in a while but it was nt regular and sufficient. he was not financially bouyant then but d money really helped anytym he sent it. I appreciate him
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by golddeejay(m): 12:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
amokeme:
Hmmmmm..
It is well.. people are suffering sha. (If the stories here are not exaggerated tho undecided
a lot of things are going on underneath those smiles and well starched n ironed shirt. two things I cant do is begging and maybe stealing. many Nigerian youth are jst like me, we just find a way to survive under any weather. most of the stories here are real and if u cant relate with d stories, then I pray u won't experience the struggle (dat was my pop's favourite prayer then)

2 Likes

Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Phobia1: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
Toniwirelex:
I just saw a 2,000 naira alert from my Dad. I'm still wondering how long he thinks the money will last....
A day, A month, perhaps A year.

Lalasticlala and fynestboi over to you
my dad wil xpect dat to last a semester.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by amokeme(f): 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
golddeejay:
a lot of things are going on underneath those smiles and well starched n ironed shirt. two things I cant do is begging and maybe stealing. many Nigerian youth are jst like me, we just find a way to survive under any weather. most of the stories here are real and if u cant relate with d stories, then I pray u won't experience the struggle (dat was my pop's favourite prayer then)
maybe?
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by golddeejay(m): 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2016
amokeme:
maybe?
yea, maybe because stealing has levels
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by amokeme(f): 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
golddeejay:
yea, maybe because stealing has levels
just knowing that o
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by wheezyoung(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
pepsyoku:
well, they gave me 35k when resuming, that was about 2months ago, fear never gree me call home for money sha.
grin grin welcome to the crew bro
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by chronique(m): 1:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
Of course,she'll be well taken care of. She's actually the first person to receive alert anytime I earn a penny. As alert enters,she gets a credit.
pedrilo:
why r u sendin a female money? wat abt ur mother?
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
i understand perfectly, i must admit that my grades got better from the fourth year - matter of factly, i got 7 straight A's - a record no one in my set achieved - in the first semester of that year before i headed for six months industrial training. My point is that a student needs money to churn out good grades. it should not be excessive but something that keeps one's mind out of worries.
SkinnyDude:
nice.. mine was 2k, 2k 5h every week.. it got to a point where i started feeling bad.. cos my mum is the bread winner.. and i have a sis who was preparing for waec.. i stopped bugging her.. i started selling off my shoes..

1 Like

Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by golddeejay(m): 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
amokeme:
just knowing that o
OK...then be attentive girl, I guess u have a lot to learn from life.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by amokeme(f): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
golddeejay:
OK...then be attentive girl, I guess u have a lot to learn from life.
we all are still learning sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Sparkle777(f): 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
MamuzoADUMS:
u even see from ur dad sef. ur own good na. over here, na God dey keep he pikin. lol. over here tho, the last time I received money from my dad was in my 100l first semester when I just entered. After paying my fees, house rents and all other necessity. I don't have a mom anymore. I'm d youngest of my sibling and they have all graduated so I get a little bucks from them. have an aunt who sends me money occasionally. when I got to my 300l I had to be completely independent, I paid my school fees and house rent myself. now currently earning an average of 80k per month from school politics and other school runs. its been God all along. Thank God I'm graduating soon.

Pls keep it up. If possible find a way to earn likewise or more sef as jobs no too dey. Besides, graduates in fg ministeries dnt earn up to 60k.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by TheSociopath(m): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
10k per week then. Later, things went awry and and I began spending 2k in 3 weeks. but thank God9 I am currently serving now. Things are about to change for the better once again.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by TheSociopath(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
10k per week then. Later, things went awry and and I began spending 2k in 3 weeks. but thank God I am currently serving now. Things are about to change for the better once again.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Sparkle777(f): 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
quemod:
Under Jonathan 10k per month, under Buhari it's now 5k they said I should collect the remaining balance from him since I voted him after he promised us monthly stipends
grin cheesy grin na so na. A senior colleague was talkin abt how he suffered under pmb in the eighties now he s goin thru same. Pmb no try at all.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Medunah: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
jojothaiv:

Spotted...

Impossibility is nothing sha.....
That amount for a semester is just on d average, a semester has like 3 to 4 months.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Medunah: 3:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
I don't like the monthly allowance thingy....I get another once the last one sent is finished and thats roughly 20-25k per month and I must say that it has kinda reduced since this present administration got in
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by ose2me: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
70 k....I was a reckless spender. Serving now and finding it so difficult to cope. Manage whatever you get. Nothing is too small
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by golddeejay(m): 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
amokeme:
we all are still learning sir
...agreed with u to some extent, all learning jst we are in different class of learning (some of us are bags of experience)
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by amokeme(f): 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
golddeejay:
...agreed with u to some extent, all learning jst we are in different class of learning (some of us are bags of experience)
like me
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by golddeejay(m): 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
amokeme:
like me
Girl, u just made me laff. when I say experience, I mean real life, adventurous, practical experience. u are coming across to me as dependent and as someone with everything ready-made for. lol...wch bag of experience are u referring to?
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by kvngveektour(m): 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
My present situation.how do u survive
Fairgodwin:
I was just having this same conversation with a friend about two days ago. He was angry because his dad sent him N13,000 instead of N20,000 (monthly allowance) - even though the dad sent him an sms and specifically said "manage that one for now."

Well, I told him my story - that I, by the grace of God, do or should I say did now(?) receive N5,000 every semester (please I'm not exaggerating), and that was even when I was in 100 and 200 levels. From 300 to final year it became N3,000.
I had to find a way of augmenting the allowance by doing so many other things like, project works, assignments, tests or even examinations for other students, just to get by.
I had to pay my own rent, electricity bills and the likes (I lived off campus).
By the time I finished telling him my story, he practically begged me not to tell his mom, because it will definitely affect his allowance. Very funny.
So many of us are not so lucky and we didn't have it all easy. But I'll always still choose my 'poor mother' anytime any day.
Though I just recently graduated, but I am now a better 'money manager' for it.
God bless you Mom Otis!
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
I barely cooked in school, ate a lot outside.
Per month from year 1-year 3
20k from pops
5k from moms
BUT IN FINAL YEAR, choiiii
I dey see money for final year pass some contract staff for bank.
Geology Field trips & project = Fat account
Now I'm bout to start NySC with miserly 19800
#The lord is my strength coz na die I dey.
#Online Importation take over!
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Fairgodwin(m): 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
kvngveektour:
My present situation.how do u survive

Like I said in my post, I did/do project works, assignments, tests etc, for people. And I also do private tutoring, speech writing or preparations. And lastly, I also participate in competitions (mostly in the area of academics) and by God's grace I've been able to win some cash and other prizes here and there.
Bro, trust me when I say it is very easy to survive: all you need is your God (if you believe in one) and your brain.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by amokeme(f): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
golddeejay:
Girl, u just made me laff. when I say experience, I mean real life, adventurous, practical experience. u are coming across to me as dependent and as someone with everything ready-made for. lol...wch bag of experience are u referring to?
Dont judge a book by its cover smiley
And the bold made me laugh. Thank God we don't look like what we have been through.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by elemic(m): 4:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
Fairgodwin:
I was just having this same conversation with a friend about two days ago. He was angry because his dad sent him N13,000 instead of N20,000 (monthly allowance) - even though the dad sent him an sms and specifically said "manage that one for now."

Well, I told him my story - that I, by the grace of God, do or should I say did now(?) receive N5,000 every semester (please I'm not exaggerating), and that was even when I was in 100 and 200 levels. From 300 to final year it became N3,000.
I had to find a way of augmenting the allowance by doing so many other things like, project works, assignments, tests or even examinations for other students, just to get by.
I had to pay my own rent, electricity bills and the likes (I lived off campus).
By the time I finished telling him my story, he practically begged me not to tell his mom, because it will definitely affect his allowance. Very funny.
So many of us are not so lucky and we didn't have it all easy. But I'll always still choose my 'poor mother' anytime any day.
Though I just recently graduated, but I am now a better 'money manager' for it.
God bless you Mom Otis!
wow shocked
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by gqboyy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
MamuzoADUMS:
u even see from ur dad sef. ur own good na. over here, na God dey keep he pikin. lol. over here tho, the last time I received money from my dad was in my 100l first semester when I just entered. After paying my fees, house rents and all other necessity. I don't have a mom anymore. I'm d youngest of my sibling and they have all graduated so I get a little bucks from them. have an aunt who sends me money occasionally. when I got to my 300l I had to be completely independent, I paid my school fees and house rent myself. now currently earning an average of 80k per month from school politics and other school runs. its been God all along. Thank God I'm graduating soon.
God bless ur aunty. God bless your hustle
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by golddeejay(m): 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
amokeme:

Dont judge a book by its cover smiley
And the bold made me laugh. Thank God we don't look like what we have been through.
lol...am just seeing ur signature. so am giving u a benefit of a doubt, maybe u are part of d very few minoritiesthat has no dependency syndrome (though ur 1st comment told me otherwise). As a guy I dread and hate dependency of any kind on anybody, and for d ladies, I know total Independence is very difficult for u people, I always thump up any lady with some level of independence.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by vidadida: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
mine was not fixed but the highest I got for a month was 37k and I had no idea my dad retired that month. That was actually the last allowee I got from my dad. My elder bro took care of the rest till I graduated. God bless them!!!
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by 19naia(m): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
Absolutely Zero was given by parents to support my university days.

I took education bank loans and then quit university before finishing the first semester, to enter the military with a contract that included education grant money. I paid my old university bank loan with my military salary and the military paid for further university attendance after i completed my time there.
But today in my own time with a son in university, last semester he came home with a ban from reentry to the university because he owed unpaid school fees. The amount he owed was curiously equal to the amount he spent buying a car which fine pass my own car sef.
He came to me for help to pay his school fees and i knew when i paid it, that he had swindled me into indirectly paying for him to drive a car he does not even need nor can he afford to upkeep the car. Mumu flex culture with no money in pocket, borrow-borrow, flexing big with no money in pocket to sculpt a future. I warned him about that. And told him i drive a simple car and cheap clothes and still i can find money to help him and sculpt a future and business investments. He drives a fine car and wears fine clothes but cannot find money to help himself.

I told him that i knew what was going on and that next time he needs help with school fees, he has a car he can sell to make school fees. He has it better than i did and even my military package includes money for my son to use at university and no be small money, but still he finds ways to come collecting more money from us after collecting military family member allowance, education loans and education grants from the government.
Na wa ohh. Even finding money to drive car and asking me to pay school fees when he has more than i did in my university days.
But, not all is lost as he enters 4th year by August. As long as progress with fruition comes.
Make he spend all my money finish before he graduates and he will know why i have no money to attend his graduation unless himself come and collect me in his car he swindled us into buying for him, or i spend his inheritance to come and join him at graduation.

I got zero money from my parents while i was in university. I delayed my university time to give myself over to military hardship to earn generous education allowances and grants for myself and family members. I am thankful though that my son has options other than risking getting killed in battle all for the hope of earning school allowance.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Toniwirelex:
I just saw a 2,000 naira alert from my Dad. I'm still wondering how long he thinks the money will last....
A day, A month, perhaps A year.

Lalasticlala and fynestboi over to you
op you wan rob pipu abi?angry
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
STENON:
it has not been long ( one year ago).

Hmmmmm, It was not easy then o, #500 per week, and highest was 2k per month frm my Parent.
Some frnds will pay for my handout,my frnds will cook for me and so on.

But at the end, I'm glad that I made it to the top despite all challenges.
I'm happy for you, I also salute ur tenacity and courage. I hope the experience keeps spurring you on to greater heights.
Permit me not to state figures of mine buh i was 'very' comfortable and even had as much to save during my undergrad years which wasn't also very long ago.
Anyways, Thankgod for every.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: / Adamu: I Failed As A Minister For Not Solving Challenges In Educational Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.