Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? (22247 Views)

The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) / What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Toniwirelex: 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
op you wan rob pipu abi?angry
exactly, but na u I wan start from..
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by STENON(f): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I'm happy for you, I also salute ur tenacity and courage. I hope the experience keeps spurring you on to greater heights.
Permit me not to state figures of mine buh i was 'very' comfortable and even had as much to save during my undergrad years which wasn't also very long ago.
Anyways, Thankgod for every.
Yes o, I'm still aspiring to get there.

Year one was owkay for my savings then... Bt frm 200level upward , it wasn't easy @ all...

Bt I'm smilling right now for the past experiences.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
STENON:
Yes o, I'm still aspiring to get there.

Year one was owkay for my savings then... Bt frm 200level upward , it wasn't easy @ all...

Bt I'm smilling right now for the past experiences.
I wish you the best going forward.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by STENON(f): 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I wish you the best going forward.
Amen. Thank you and I also wish you the same.

1 Like

Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
Toniwirelex:
exactly, but na u I wan start from..
oya na is jezz 70k
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by AmmarOscar(m): 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
During Jonathan= 10K
During Buhari (chain) =5K
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 09, 2016
quemod:
Under Jonathan 10k per month, under Buhari it's now 5k they said I should collect the remaining balance from him since I voted him after he promised us monthly stipends

Looool,you funny die grin
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2016
tscoff:
I earn my money

Kk,we already understand how you make money...Asin we all know cheesy
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Nobody: 2:56am On Jun 09, 2016
Vickyydera:
nobody asked you if you are a graduate.

Na make you follow me see a graduate that cannot answer just a simple question
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by ziego(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2016
quemod:
Under Jonathan 10k per month, under Buhari it's now 5k they said I should collect the remaining balance from him since I voted him after he promised us monthly stipends

Hahahahahah

U won't kill me laugh.

Come make we go together go collect am
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by permanentgrace(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2016
pedrilo:
why r u sendin a female money? wat abt ur mother?

Hello boss, i've read your post on this thread and i'm deeply inspired even the more. I really want to contact you but the PM of this moniker is not working. Pls send me text on 08179448508, Thanks you.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by pedrilo: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
permanentgrace:

Hello boss, i've read your post on this thread and i'm deeply inspired even the more. I really want to contact you but the PM of this moniker is not working. Pls send me text on 08179448508, Thanks you.
Thank u boss. Kindly use dis email (andersonsean35@yahoo.com) to reach me. Cheers
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by permanentgrace(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
pedrilo:
Thank u boss. Kindly use dis email (andersonsean35@yahoo.com) to reach me. Cheers
Alright bro. Will send you a mail in a jiffy.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by permanentgrace(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
pedrilo:

I sent you a mail. Do check it pls.
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by vickodedon(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by HitlerGaddafi: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fairgodwin:
I was just having this same conversation with a friend about two days ago. He was angry because his dad sent him N13,000 instead of N20,000 (monthly allowance) - even though the dad sent him an sms and specifically said "manage that one for now."

Well, I told him my story - that I, by the grace of God, do or should I say did now(?) receive N5,000 every semester (please I'm not exaggerating), and that was even when I was in 100 and 200 levels. From 300 to final year it became N3,000.
I had to find a way of augmenting the allowance by doing so many other things like, project works, assignments, tests or even examinations for other students, just to get by.
I had to pay my own rent, electricity bills and the likes (I lived off campus).
By the time I finished telling him my story, he practically begged me not to tell his mom, because it will definitely affect his allowance. Very funny.
So many of us are not so lucky and we didn't have it all easy. But I'll always still choose my 'poor mother' anytime any day.
Though I just recently graduated, but I am now a better 'money manager' for it.
God bless you Mom Otis!
Oboy you be legend o. Well mine was 7-10 K monthly and I was still complaining. At times, it went as low as 3K per month. My mom will just call me and beg me to manage it because it was really frustrating and demoralizing seeing your colleagues flexing and enjoying life while you had no idea what you will eat for that day or where your next meal will come from. I attended a very notorious boarding school so that really helped me alot in my university days. At times , I go for two days without eating anything just drinking enough water. Even if food wanted to come, it was just garri. I graduated a few years ago and I just thank God for my life. How I survived still remains a mystery.

1 Like

Re: As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? by Fairgodwin(m): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
HitlerGaddafi:

Oboy you be legend o. Well mine was 7-10 K monthly and I was still complaining. At times, it went as low as 3K per month. My mom will just call me and beg me to manage it because it was really frustrating and demoralizing seeing your colleagues flexing and enjoying life while you had no idea what you will eat for that day or where your next meal will come from. I attended a very notorious boarding school so that really helped me alot in my university days. At times , I go for two days without eating anything just drinking enough water. Even if food wanted to come, it was just garri. I graduated a few years ago and I just thank God for my life. How I survived still remains a mystery.

I am humbly proud of you, believe me. I wish people could really learn from all of these true stories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Nigeria tertiary institutions are not attracting international students / How We Retained University Of Lagos’ Name Despite Jonathan’s Wish – VC / ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.