Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence (46050 Views)

Dino Melaye's ABU Statement Of Results (Photo) / Buhari Sharpens Focus On Niger Delta By Garba Shehu / U.S. Expresses Concern Over Niger Delta Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Deepfreezer(m): 12:58am On Jun 08, 2016
druboon404:

Avenger avenger avenger.....
Anyway,...
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for
merlin or a miracle worker. So I never expected Merlin's
magic or miracles to happen, I voted for change and not
magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in 1 year so
Nigerians let's be patient.......
#IStandWithBuhari# let the
haters and Wailers continue wailing pdp 16 yrs of looting
and misrule they are looking for APC magician to fix it in a
year. Yeye.
I feel so sorry for you. because from what u wrote up there. It clearly shows u didn't suck mamas breast at all.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:07am On Jun 08, 2016
blackmatter007:

Sorry you are only day dreaming FYI, delta rivers, cross rivers and akwa ibom are pro igbo anyday any time.
And pls stop being jealousy and making it very obvious.

What a dumb response ! Oh! I'm probably being jealous of the fact that Aliko Dangote is an Igbo man! 'day dreaming'? This doesn't make any sense to me in the context in which you used it. Anyway, you sound like a toddler who is yet to come to term with political realities of the south south. If the Ikweres of Rivers are denying their Igbo root, what will it benefit Itshekiris,Urhobo,Ijaw,Efik,Anang etc promoting Igbo course in that region?

Drop that fallacy, the people of those states you mentioned are not pro Igbo in any form and they have made it clear time without number. They aren't Biafrans!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by lastpage: 2:35am On Jun 08, 2016
Intellect20:
I tell una sey US dey come. When you hear the dreaded statement: "All parties must work together" like Libya, No sey Nigeria own don finish be that!

When you hear "curb violence and end activities of criminal elements"... that should tell you that the US is not smiling at the Criminals from the Niger Delta.

Yes, the US sees them as CRIMINALS now, .............very soon, it will classify them as TERRORISTS!
Avengers are dead and buried.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by lastpage: 2:43am On Jun 08, 2016
sexybrooke:
greed ? Se/ss has been feeding the southwest since the time of moses and you call that greed ,a yoruba man ll sell land and still come to collect annual land rents and u call that what ?generosity and prudence ? My goodness this guys are jokers........ok lagos and ondo has oil now I pray danjuma ,shell,atiku,buhari,and other multinationals ll come have over 90% of the oil wells leaving the rest for you southwasterner nonsense,pot calling kettle black

Dolt!
Its called a LEASE!
If you are foolish not to understand the difference between an "out-right" SALE ....and a LEASE, then that is your problem.

The only reason IPADs are "forcefully attaching" themselves to the S/South is because of their GREEDINESS for the OIL in the S/South.
Remove the Oil or tell the IPADs to form their Bi@fraud on their core-Ibo states..... and you will see that they are just not too interested any more!
grin grin

We still remember how they used FORCE to CONQUER the S/South, during the Bi@fraud war.
Just imagine, an IPAD treating say an Akwa-Ibomite as "an equal", in a Bi@fraud Country?
Those greedy and selfish lots dont have that kind of 'grace'
. undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 08, 2016
But in all honesty and fairness. Isn't democracy a game of numbers. Why should a constituency giving 5% benefit more than or even as much as that giving 97%. If that is what Buhari said, then in all honesty and in my opinion he just rightly defined democracy- govt of the majority
paschu:

You're lying and you know it.

There's nothing on earth that makes that statement justifiable.

The man was clearly asked about how he plans to ensure an ALL INCLUSIVE governance in ND, but he responded with an emphatic assertion that "in all honesty", a consitituency that gave him 97% of their votes cannot be treated equally with those that gave him just 5% of theirs.

And to drive the point home, he went on to say that the govetnment should act in ways that'd show appreciation to those who voted him into power.

And in case you're still in doubt, check all his appointments and allocations till date - he's still proving that he was never misquoted.

So I do not understand why you are lying here.

Not even a single APC gun or his numerous spokesmen who are known for blantant statement reversals and denials has yet come out to deny or debunk that statement.

So what's your problem exactly?
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by blackmatter007: 4:07am On Jun 08, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

What a dumb response ! Oh! I'm probably being jealous of the fact that Aliko Dangote is an Igbo man! 'day dreaming'? This doesn't make any sense to me in the context in which you used it. Anyway, you sound like a toddler who is yet to come to term with political realities of the south south. If the Ikweres of Rivers are denying their Igbo root, what will it benefit Itshekiris,Urhobo,Ijaw,Efik,Anang etc promoting Igbo course in that region?

Drop that fallacy, the people of those states you mentioned are not pro Igbo in any form and they have made it clear time without number. They aren't Biafrans!

Stop being dumb, go to the outside world, the ikwerres can never deny their igbo roots. Yes they once have which was stupud anyway but hey! We all make mistake and i know it has been amended a long time ago. Ikwerres are igbos, you cannot take that away from them, more over we have not only ikwerres in SS, so what are you saying? The biggest oil producing LGA in rivers is oyingbo and never for once have they denied their igbo roots, so will you say because they were forcefully dragged into SS they are no longer igbos?
If this country were to divide, i bet a million bucks that the SS and SE will form alliance. We have a long history together and you can never take that away from us because it is deep rooted.

Nairaland discussions blinds a lot of people from the realities on ground, if i were you i will drop this igbo 'bashing' discussion and do something productive in the real world.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by blackmatter007: 4:10am On Jun 08, 2016
lastpage:

Dolt!
Its called a LEASE!
If you are foolish not to understand the difference between an "out-right" SALE ....and a LEASE, then that is your problem.

The only reason IPADs are "forcefully attaching" themselves to the S/South is because of their GREEDINESS for the OIL in the S/South.
Remove the Oil or tell the IPADs to form their Bi@fraud on their core-Ibo states..... and you will see that they are just not too interested any more!
grin grin

We still remember how they used FORCE to CONQUER the S/South, during the Bi@fraud war.
Just imagine, an IPAD treating say an Akwa-Ibomite as "an equal", in a Bi@fraud Country?
Those greedy and selfish lots dont have that kind of 'grace'
. undecided

Lastpage!

You worry so much about the SS and SE alliance , if you want to argue, i will gladly give you names of the oil producing igbo towns in SS and SE, but funny enough this isnt about oil but about our freedom, freedom to do what we want, having our own destiny in our hands but i guess you are too dumb to understand that.

Lol, i pity you, when the inevitable happens, I'm sure you won't survive the multiple heart attacks.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Boyooosa(m): 4:57am On Jun 08, 2016
ugohemma:
What US should know is that I and so many concerned mind want a country we believe in, A country we can defend if a matter of such occur, A country where the masses can access their representative and query them if there is need, A country where the people can have at least same belief system, tolerance toward life and property, a country where suffering masses can have their say without being term tribal,political or religious, A country where youths can have dreams and interest. We need a country like America where everybody strive to be independent and commit their quota to the goverment.
Obviously we are not anywhere near to all we want as youths. What we have present are leaders who clamour one Nigeria inorder to enrich their pockets. I cant tell Ekweremadu to fight for the large interest of Igbos because i know doing that might end his personal plan to be the Chairman of the senate neither will i tell Peter Obi to fight for my interest because i know his plan is to be president one day.. All of them are fighting for their pocket hence the need for them to shout One Nigeria everywhere they go.. We need bigger hands to handle our differences, hand that wont mediate with the corruption in the land, a voice that will speak the mind of the people and not his own selfish interest, An ear that will hear the cry of the masses and cry of those that lost their Loved ones to retain this entity. This is what we need.
just 13 likes for dis kain long story, nawa o, NLERS are wicket. What he is to reflect is that 'he doesn't trust their igbo leaders. Like if you believe him, share if you dont
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:13am On Jun 08, 2016
blackmatter007:

Stop being dumb, go to the outside world, the ikwerres can never deny their igbo roots. Yes they once have which was stupud anyway but hey! We all make mistake and i know it has been amended a long time ago. Ikwerres are igbos, you cannot take that away from them, more over we have not only ikwerres in SS, so what are you saying? [b]The biggest oil producing LGA in rivers is oyingbo and never for once have they denied their igbo roots, so will you say because they were forcefully dragged into SS they are no longer igbos?
[/b]If this country were to divide, i bet a million bucks that the SS and SE will form alliance. We have a long history together and you can never take that away from us because it is deep rooted.

Nairaland discussions blinds a lot of people from the realities on ground, if i were you i will drop this igbo 'bashing' discussion and do something productive in the real world.

This your 'attache-by-force' is truly pitiable. The bolded part has given you away! The real reason for your cosmetic love for the people of south south. It's all about the oil ! This is exactly the same greed that made Mr. Ojukwu to send millions of Igbo to their untimely death.

Anyway, Mr Oyingbo, since you've told us that the Ikweres have now acknowledged their Igbo root, you must have forgotten to add that the abandon Igbo properties in PH and other parts of Rivers have now been returned to Igbo owners. Self deception is a disease indeed! It's absolutely needless to quote a number of people from Delta and Rivers states, with obvious igbo names,but who have openly denied any link with Igbo.

I think it is your fundamental right to be stupid. So why should I stop you?
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by IRserveMyComent(f): 6:12am On Jun 08, 2016
Sweetlemon:

When will you guys learn to stop picking just one sentence from a whole speech and exaggerating everything this man says.
I watched that video it's nothing like the way the media reported it. It was just a phrase from a full sentence. Haba!

My dear who did not watch the whole speech?
And why should such a divisive "phrase" emanate from the speech of a supposedly father of the nation?? Abeg comot for road make I see.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Obynolee(f): 6:18am On Jun 08, 2016
Sweetlemon:

When will you guys learn to stop picking just one sentence from a whole speech and exaggerating everything this man says.
I watched that video it's nothing like the way the media reported it. It was just a phrase from a full sentence. Haba!

Why are you playing down on this impeachable offence of Mr Buhari,he went on air telling the whole world that he will not treat those that gave him 5% vote the same way he treat those that gave him 97% because he wants those that gave him 97% votes to feel the impact of installing the government because that's a political reality. This is an impeachable offence in a sane society and you're here wanting me to believe a different thing??.Your type is the reason why we are where we are today(never say the truth once it's my person type).
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:27am On Jun 08, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Go and tell Gej that one and wait for his response...
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:28am On Jun 08, 2016
Go and tell Gej that one and wait for his response

[quote author=Sweetlemon post=46364918]
I watched that video it's nothing like the way the media reported it. It was just a phrase from a full sentence. Haba![/quote
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 08, 2016
undefeated:
what's Nigeria's state of concern on America, Mtcheeew who America epp

Me, that's who, America epp me grin
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by bilazego(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2016
Sweetlemon:

from the abundant of the heart the moth speaks.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Pyno30: 7:15am On Jun 08, 2016
Calmwaters:
I dey come make I check *looks out d window* na u dey piss 4 dat gutter
Lolz. U no well.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by thunder74(m): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2016
Sweetlemon:

The 97% appointments so far too is also a phrase from the statement? Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Ibudus: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2016
When will some people learn to be rational in this country? Do you have to hate everything and like the evils? Soon you guys will know the pains of suffery after the so called NDA reap you off. You'll be the loosers afterall. Nonesense!
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by daneni1(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2016
ugohemma:
What US should know is that I and so many concerned mind want a country we believe in, A country we can defend if a matter of such occur, A country where the masses can access their representative and query them if there is need, A country where the people can have at least same belief system, tolerance toward life and property, a country where suffering masses can have their say without being term tribal,political or religious, A country where youths can have dreams and interest. We need a country like America where everybody strive to be independent and commit their quota to the goverment.
Obviously we are not anywhere near to all we want as youths. What we have present are leaders who clamour one Nigeria inorder to enrich their pockets. I cant tell Ekweremadu to fight for the large interest of Igbos because i know doing that might end his personal plan to be the Chairman of the senate neither will i tell Peter Obi to fight for my interest because i know his plan is to be president one day.. All of them are fighting for their pocket hence the need for them to shout One Nigeria everywhere they go.. We need bigger hands to handle our differences, hand that wont mediate with the corruption in the land, a voice that will speak the mind of the people and not his own selfish interest, An ear that will hear the cry of the masses and cry of those that lost their Loved ones to retain this entity. This is what we need.

we all talk of our needs, d problem and even exaggerate them as if Nigeria is d only country with problems or we compare our father land with U.S.A.

we as a nation must see d problem and also suggest solutions and not criticising nor wishing for secession.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by worksmart(m): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2016
[b]
We encourage all parties to resolve their disputes through peaceful means and emphasize that human rights of all Nigerians must be protected.

When I tell you the western multinationals are behind the the sabotage of our oil installations you may say conspiracy theory.
But the quoted above clearly demonstrates US implied support for these terrorist acts of economic sabotage against Nigeria.

Instead of condemning , this act of economic and environmental terrorism , assuring Nigeria that US is fully behind our efforts end these bombings.

Instead of offering to support with intelligence they could gather from satellites;

US has chosen to elevate the unknown perpetrators of these terrorist acts to the status of a party in a dispute.

Furthermore their statements implies Nigeria should not use force and respect the terrorists' human rights.

Imagine if the World Trade Centre in New York was blown up by unknown terrorists today, and Nigerian government issues a statement that says:"We encourage all parties to resolve their disputes through peaceful means and emphasize that human rights of all parties must be protected." ?

The West through their multinationals are secretly sponsoring these bombings of our oil installations.[/b]
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by obstead200(m): 7:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Sweetlemon:

it is exactly the way it was portrayed. I watched the video too. It was the greatest public diplomatic blunder buhari ever made
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by obstead200(m): 7:58am On Jun 08, 2016
worksmart:
[b]

When I tell you the western multinationals are behind the the sabotage of our oil installations you may say conspiracy theory.
But the quoted above clearly demonstrates US implied support for these terrorist acts of economic sabotage against Nigeria.

Instead of condemning , this act of economic and environmental terrorism , assuring Nigeria that US is fully behind our efforts end these bombings.

Instead of offering to support with intelligence they could gather from satellites;

US has chosen to elevate the unknown perpetrators of these terrorist acts to the status of a party in a dispute.

Furthermore their statements implies Nigeria should not use force and respect the terrorists' human rights.

Imagine if the World Trade Centre in New York was blown up by unknown terrorists today, and Nigerian government issues a statement that says:"We encourage all parties to resolve their disputes through peaceful means and emphasize that human rights of all parties must be protected." ?

The West through their multinationals are secretly sponsoring these bombings of our oil installations.[/b]
I don't know about u. But I think that if Biafrans wish to actually secede, this statement is a landmark they should start figuring out how to use to their advantage.
If the US is subtly in support of the Niger delta terrorists, right thinking Biafran are in a stronger position to lobby the US to back their cause, since backing their cause will lend a much needed legitimacy to the Niger delta struggle.

But the igbo will really need to make the deal very attractive to the Niger delta's, if they are to hope for support from that angle
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by blackmatter007: 8:04am On Jun 08, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

This your 'attache-by-force' is truly pitiable. The bolded part has given you away! The real reason for your cosmetic love for the people of south south. It's all about the oil ! This is exactly the same greed that made Mr. Ojukwu to send millions of Igbo to their untimely death.

Anyway, Mr Oyingbo, since you've told us that the Ikweres have now acknowledged their Igbo root, you must have forgotten to add that the abandon Igbo properties in PH and other parts of Rivers have now been returned to Igbo owners. Self deception is a disease indeed! It's absolutely needless to quote a number of people from Delta and Rivers states, with obvious igbo names,but who have openly denied any link with Igbo.

I think it is your fundamental right to be stupid. So why should I stop you?

Are you igbo? Why make your self the spokesman of other igbo sub groups?

Fyi my aunt married an ikwerre man and he speaks igbo better than i do, never for once has he denied his igbo roots.

You are a disgrace to the yorubas!
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2016
blackmatter007:

Are you igbo? Why make your self the spokesman of other igbo sub groups?

Fyi my aunt married an ikwerre man and he speaks igbo better than i do, never for once has he denied his igbo roots.

You are a disgrace to the yorubas!

You're utterly a confused person and your level of stupidity is truly amazing! Just imagine the crap you put up there again as your response. So,because your Aunt marries an Ikwerre man who happens to speak Igbo better than you do,you foolishly assume every Ikwerre man wants to be addressed as Igbo?

You obviously lack mental capacity to be engaged in a decent and interesting discourse. A typical Ipod- all brawn and no brain!
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2016
StepTwo:
Press release

June 7, 2016

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/pr_06072016.html

US (and the Western world) abeg make una mind una business. We no invite you.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by blackmatter007: 9:53am On Jun 08, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

You're utterly a confused person and your level of stupidity is truly amazing! Just imagine the crap you put up there again as your response. So,because your Aunt marries an Ikwerre man who happens to speak Igbo better than you do,you foolishly assume every Ikwerre man wants to be addressed as Igbo?

You obviously lack mental capacity to be engaged in a decent and interesting discourse. A typical Ipod- all brawn and no brain!

Huh! Are ypu sure you are okay upstairs?

Anyways, i won't exchange words with a yoruba fool who thinks about the igbos day and night, since you say ikwerre aren't igbos, suit yourself but when the inevitable happens, i hope the multiple heart attacks you will suffer won't send you 6ft down!
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2016
blackmatter007:

Huh! Are ypu sure you are okay upstairs?

Anyways, i won't exchange words with a yoruba fool who thinks about the igbos day and night, since you say ikwerre aren't igbos, suit yourself but when the inevitable happens, i hope the multiple heart attacks you will suffer won't send you 6ft down!

You've just exhibited yet again the symptoms of madness that runs through you lineage!

The inevitable? I truly hope you guys will muster enough courage to try 'the inevitable' once again. The last man that attempted it abandoned his troops and his people in the middle of a battle. He ran to Ivory coast! Another one,'dilector' is cooling his sorry ass in a dungeon (kuje prison) now.

Your rage even blinded you to the extent that you failed to apply comma and full stop appropriately in your diatribe. Olodo omo nna!
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by nan1: 11:14am On Jun 08, 2016
druboon404:

Avenger avenger avenger.....
Anyway,...
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for
merlin or a miracle worker. So I never expected Merlin's
magic or miracles to happen, I voted for change and not
magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in 1 year so
Nigerians let's be patient.......
#IStandWithBuhari# let the
haters and Wailers continue wailing pdp 16 yrs of looting
and misrule they are looking for APC magician to fix it in a
year. Yeye.

ZOMBIEE O ZOMBIEEEE
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by guiddoti: 11:28am On Jun 08, 2016
Nothing concerns me about AmeliKa, all I want is UK return our stolen money including Nigerian artifacts in their museum.
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Allioluwasegun(m): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
Let them do something to help Nigeria
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by druboon404: 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
nan1:

ZOMBIEE O ZOMBIEEEE
WAILING ZOMBIEE O WAILING ZOMBIEEEE
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by druboon404: 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Deepfreezer:
I feel so sorry for you. because from what u wrote up there. It clearly shows u didn't suck mamas breast at all.
I did ooo...not like you that was picked from the waste bin..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muazu Mocks Fayose with Buhari Death-wish (photo) / Zamfara: Mob Sets Ablaze Car With Weapons, Kills Suspect. Photos / Peter Obi & Donald Duke's Campaign Poster (Photoshopped Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.