Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex (34328 Views)

I Need Advice On The Estimated Cost Of This Duplex Please! / Estimated Cost Of Building Ground Floor Of A Story Building. / Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by melakes(m): 8:21am On Jun 09, 2016
This is simply a 2 bedroom slab for crying out loud! should be around 13mx10m. Despite increased cost of materials, OP shudnt spend up to #1m for the entire decking. Lazywesterner jas given an idea though he may need as mch as quoted.
Less than #1m should do jare. Am a civil engineer.
dontel:
I don't have idea about that but I think the idea of passing through the living room from the kitchen to the dining room is not acceptable by me. my opinion though.
seconded by me. OP should close the door way from the living room & create another from the dinning.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by abouzaid: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2016
itsmetoosin:
Include the dimensions for a more realistic estimate.

You said its a 2-bedroom duplex, (is)are there no bedroom(s) on the upper floor, because you already have 2 on the ground floor.
i noticed the same but let's wait till he posts the full floor plan.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by coolfredo(m): 8:36am On Jun 09, 2016
stanisbaratheon:

That phrase ''show me love'' is peculier to some certain people.
who are the "certain people "
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mightykay(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2016
mufutau55:

Yes.. I tried to throw some humour into messages so the OP don't take it as an insult..

Unless any person who had done a decking for a standard two bedrooms before, the estimates is not easy to give without dimension.
More reason you have not received some response. I did a decking recently for and area of 12m x 17m and with about three standard
bedrooms ensuite and a Livingroom and Kitchen.. the total bedrooms for up and down is 7 bedrooms ensuite, it cost me around N2.6m
and another 300k for Omo-Oniles. So just take it from there. I know yours will not be that much of a cost o. But it will be around N1.xm
if not close to two. The materials has gone up too.. so factor that into your costs.

Hajji M.
you mean the whole building!
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mightykay(m): 8:46am On Jun 09, 2016
aypumpin123:
Goodmorning Nairalanders,this is my first time of commenting here and here is what I need to say abt this topic, two years ago,i did the decking of my 3 bedroom flat and all ensuit..i spent 850k so for the so called decking as at now due to the economic whatever,it will cost nothing less that 1million..
pls more detail, is it from foundation or decking slab alone?
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by spenpe: 9:06am On Jun 09, 2016
abdulrazat:
I think you should pitch a door from the dining to kitchen. Look closely and see to that.
yes a kitchen should always have direct link with the dining room without passing through the sitting room. For instance you have a visitor and you want to eat, would you carry the food through the sitting room? Cost estimate for the decking should be around 1m-1.5m. All things being equal.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by babaskool(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2016
mufutau55:
With no dimensions, even Einstein can't help you.

Hajji M.

Please sir could you help me with my enquiry ? https://www.nairaland.com/3155741/how-come-all-nigerian-houses
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by babaskool(m): 9:28am On Jun 09, 2016
melakes:
This is simply a 2 bedroom slab for crying out loud! should be around 13mx10m. Despite increased cost of materials, OP shudnt spend up to #1m for the entire decking. Lazywesterner jas given an idea though he may need as mch as quoted.

seconded by me. OP should close the door way from the living room & create another from the dinning.

Please would you be able to help me with my enquiry

https://www.nairaland.com/3155741/how-come-all-nigerian-houses#46408575
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by babaskool(m): 9:29am On Jun 09, 2016
mightykay:

Please guys are you able to help me with my enquiry

https://www.nairaland.com/3155741/how-come-all-nigerian-houses#46408575
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:31am On Jun 09, 2016
PassingShot:

I think he will need nothing less than 1.2m. Roofing a standard 2 bedroom flat will cost about 800k if good materials are used.
He said decking not roofing.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Kaybee14(m): 9:36am On Jun 09, 2016
In addition, when the project get to the roofing stage. Kindly check my signature below for the latest quality stone coated roofing tiles.

Wishing you all the best ahead.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Eduwalter(m): 9:43am On Jun 09, 2016
The cost of the decking will range from 497,000 to 800,000 ie depending on the information you have given and know that the cement will be around 120bags or less. You know these are estimate from the undimensioned drawing you gave. Maybe you send the details of the drawing to my mail at walterchinedu@gmail.com #proudlyQS
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by iamauxin(m): 9:43am On Jun 09, 2016
stanisbaratheon:

That phrase ''show me love'' is peculier to some certain people.

Policemen
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by PassingShot(m): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

He said decking not roofing.
And I said he will need at least 1.2m. I only mentioned roofing for driving home my point.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2016
Holla at me for proper electrical piping estimate. O8O8448752O
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by kolaa007(m): 10:17am On Jun 09, 2016
When buying or having a home built, it is important to take windows into consideration.
Windows provide our homes with light, warmth, and ventilation, but they can also negatively impact a home’s energy efficiency.Good windows will bring out the beauty of your home and likewise a bad window will make your house very ugly.People taking pride in the appearance of their home goes back as long as we can remember. In many ways, our home becomes an extension of who we are. Doors and, in particular, your Windows, are the first thing family and friends see when they pay you a visit and that first impression is incredibly hard to shift.

Why you should Choose PVC Windows 

1. PVC windows are the Number One in energy efficiency 
The frame of a window plays a decisive role in promoting energy and cost-efficient thermal insulation. Window profiles made of PVC score top marks when compared with aluminium or wooden windows. They have better insulation values and are able to reduce energy and heating costs. There is a particularly high energy saving potential when using PVC window frames in the passive house standard. Today, passive house windows can be manufactured efficiently and cost-effectively using state-of-the-art PVC profiles and the now quite common triple glazing.

2. PVC windows have a very good cost-benefit ratio  
PVC windows offer clear-cut cost advantages, both in procurement and throughout the entire life cycle. Timber frames are approximately 20-30 % more expensive than PVC profiles, and aluminium windows cost 30 % more again representing the most expensive alternative. Based on the high energy-saving potential and minimal maintenance throughout the entire service life of more than 50 years, costs are also saved in the long-term.

3. PVC windows are easy to care for
High quality PVC windows are extremely easy to care for and require minimal maintenance. Wooden windows, on the other hand, have to be glazed just about every two years and painted every 5 years. State-of-the-art PVC granule is extremely resistant to weather conditions and light-fast. To clean the window frames all you need is dishwashing liquid due to the easy-care properties of the smooth profile surfaces.

4. PVC windows are remarkably durable
As opposed to windows made of wood PVC windows have a particularly long service life. High 
quality windows stand out with their distortion resistance and high level of functionality for years and years. Based on their long service live of at least 50 years PVC windows are an excellent investment, also with regard to maintaining a property’s value.

5. PVC windows boast an excellent eco balance  
PVC windows are 100 % recyclable and therefore resource-saving. 40 % of all gas and oil reserves in the world are used for heating and for supplying energy to buildings, whereas just 4 % go into the production of plastics of which just 1 % are used for PVC. Besides being recyclable, the durability and low levels of pollution during the production of PVC profiles help produce an excellent eco-balance and contribute towards protection of the environment. PVC windows last much longer than wooden windows and consume substantially less energy during the manufacturing process.

Contact us at FKJ Ventures 

19b Bola Ajibola street off Allen Avenue Ikeja Lagos

07038937391,08055361583 (Mr Folorunsho Kolawole)

Kolaa007@yahoo.com
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Spanner4(m): 10:30am On Jun 09, 2016
From my experience in Building construction, it will cost u from 900k to 1million , all materials inclusive both Coarse aggregate, fine aggregates, steel, timber(planks, purlines, bamboo), Cement, and also Electrical materials for conduiting.

Lazywestener did a good job by his analysis of the materials needed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 10:40am On Jun 09, 2016
mightykay:

Yes. It is a Duplex. Thx.

Hajji M.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Raph01: 10:57am On Jun 09, 2016
wink wink

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by isama3(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=coolfredo post=46404594]I don't know. Pls I need help with my assignment. Statisticians/mathematicians in d house, pls help!
1.A man harvester 1000tubers of yams frmhim farm with an average size of 15kg n standard deviation of 4kg, he wishes to give tubers of yam wt more than 22kg to his church, n to sell plus plant the rest. Calculate A.the no of yams he'll give to his church B.the no of yams he'll sell.C the no of yams he'll plant.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by agbajemm(m): 11:03am On Jun 09, 2016
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by abeffiom(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2016
Boss if u need something good to work with just supply dey dimensions. Floor is equall to ceiling so just bring dey dimension.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2016
LazyWasterners:

I will list material for u.
20tonnes of granite @ 50k each, 90bags of cement @1500 each, 160pieces of plank of 12ft @900 each, 2trips of sand@13k each, 1bag of 3" nail and half bag of 2" nail @ 7k each, 2tanks of 4000capacity tank @ Na u sabi k each, labour and supervision 300k, electrical fittings should fall around 50-60k.please I forgot purlins(100lengths). Bamboo (100 lengths for over long).
Sorry I didn't add the most useful material! Steel! You will need 150length of 12mm@1200, 50lengths of 8mm@650, 30lengths of 16mm @1850 and 10kg of binding wire @3k

GOD bless you Sir! You have given very useful tips. Never knew Nairaland is so helpful like this. Very grateful to everyone that commented to help me out too. I'm highly elated!
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2016
abouzaid:
i noticed the same but let's wait till he posts the full floor plan.
Thanks Bro for the clarification, the entire building will have about 4 bedrooms later. 2 Upstairs and 2 downstairs. But for now, I just want to focus on the ground floor with 2 rooms which is equivalent to a standard 2 bedroom flat decking.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mrtheo33: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2016
From your diagram though no dimension, you can bugget N600k for materials n 350k for labour. More importantly, get sm1 who will gv u point of site estimate
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by xbee20(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2016
The Op don't really need help, maybe he is just fooling round. how do u want to get an estimate of a decking you did not provide details of d plan! it's too ridiculous. if you need a professional advice, I tink u shd provide a proffesional details.

Thanks
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by asha01: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2016
dontel:
I don't have idea about that but I think the idea of passing through the living room from the kitchen to the dining room is not acceptable by me. my opinion though.

good point, dining should always be close to the kitchen
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by archdon: 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
#
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by gbodimowo(m): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
mufutau55:

Yes.. I tried to throw some humour into messages so the OP don't take it as an insult..

Unless any person who had done a decking for a standard two bedrooms before, the estimates is not easy to give without dimension.
More reason you have not received some response. I did a decking recently for and area of 12m x 17m and with about three standard
bedrooms ensuite and a Livingroom and Kitchen.. the total bedrooms for up and down is 7 bedrooms ensuite, it cost me around N2.6m
and another 300k for Omo-Oniles. So just take it from there. I know yours will not be that much of a cost o. But it will be around N1.xm
if not close to two. The materials has gone up too.. so factor that into your costs.

Hajji M.

Nicely nice lyrics
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by archdon: 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
Dat is a terrible design, firstly, buildings should hv at least two exits dats the first thing they teach you on engineering sch safety and for a duplex definitely two exits and terrence and

2 the kitchen should be linked to the dining area
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by hemucology(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
Call for latest P. O. P design

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by YankeeShipping: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
melakes:

Tanks for hitting home! Guys borther too much about details when op just needed a simple idea on likely cost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Enugu Hilltop 6 Flats Of 2 Bedroom Flats Construction / Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.