Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex (34345 Views)

I Need Advice On The Estimated Cost Of This Duplex Please! / Estimated Cost Of Building Ground Floor Of A Story Building. / Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by YankeeShipping: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
Tanks for hitting home! Guys borther too much about details when op just needed a simple idea on likely cost

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
dontel:
I don't have idea about that but I think the idea of passing through the living room from the kitchen to the dining room is not acceptable by me. my opinion though.

Sir, thanks for the observation! I was lucky to have noticed it too very early before the full commencement of the project. It has been corrected in both the design and the actual construction about a year ago.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by bugativeron: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
I just did mine on Tuesday 7th of June, it cost me 1.9m about 1.9m excluding Omo Onile 350k in magboro area of Ogun. Though this is with direct purchase by myself, if ur builder is buying materials and negotiating for labourers it will by close to 2.4m

100 bags of cement 151,000
3 tonnes of reinforcement 396,000
Iron bender labour 110,000
2 Trip of double load tipper 100,000
30 tonnes of granite 145,000
Labour for casting 95,000
Formwork and carpenter labour 300,000
miscellaneous 50,000
Builder's fee 100,000
Plumber & electrician 95,000
Total 1,542,000

The initial amount of 1.9m was with error, the total amount is 1.5m though wood for frame was not new, but from another decking, that help to drop the cost of wood used in the casting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by LazyWasterners: 5:25am On Jun 10, 2016
Engr2016:

GOD bless you Sir! You have given very useful tips. Never knew Nairaland is so helpful like this. Very grateful to everyone that commented to help me out too. I'm highly elated!
you are welcome sir.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by LazyWasterners: 5:28am On Jun 10, 2016
bugativeron:
I just did mine on Tuesday 7th of June, it cost me 1.9m about 1.9m excluding Omo Onile 350k in magboro area of Ogun. Though this is with direct purchase by myself, if ur builder is buying materials and negotiating for labourers it will by close to 2.4m
Its only if ur builder is not sincere. Even for your front they will cheat u if they so wish. At 1.9m you were cheated if your house is that size I am seeing.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
mufutau55:

Yes.. I tried to throw some humour into messages so the OP don't take it as an insult..

Unless any person who had done a decking for a standard two bedrooms before, the estimates is not easy to give without dimension.
More reason you have not received some response. I did a decking recently for and area of 12m x 17m and with about three standard
bedrooms ensuite and a Livingroom and Kitchen.. the total bedrooms for up and down is 7 bedrooms ensuite, it cost me around N2.6m
and another 300k for Omo-Oniles. So just take it from there. I know yours will not be that much of a cost o. But it will be around N1.xm
if not close to two. The materials has gone up too.. so factor that into your costs.

Hajji M.

Hello Sir, the entire floor area is 35 feet by 32 feet i.e 10.67m by 9.75m
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
itsmetoosin:
Include the dimensions for a more realistic estimate.

You said its a 2-bedroom duplex, (is)are there no bedroom(s) on the upper floor, because you already have 2 on the ground floor.

Hello Sir, the entire floor area is 35 feet by 32 feet i.e 10.67m by 9.75m
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
adebaxton:
@ Engr2016

Having 2 bedroom downstairs automatically shows you will want to deck the whole area upstairs which could be another 4bedroom upstairs.
I suggest you get the proper dimension of the proposed structure upstairs in order to acertain the cost involved.

Hello Sir, the entire floor area is 35 feet by 32 feet i.e 10.67m by 9.75m. The sitting room is 20 feet by 17 feet (i.e 6 meter by 5 meter) and this is where the staircase to the upper floor will be located.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
mufutau55:
With no dimensions, even Einstein can't help you.

Hajji M.

Hello Sir, the entire floor area is 35 feet by 32 feet i.e 10.67m by 9.75m. The sitting room is 20 feet by 17 feet (i.e 6 meter by 5 meter) and this is where the staircase to the upper floor will be located.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
ceekay247:
Try to get the dimension to aid near accurate estimation (considering 0.05 inflationary rate)

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by adebaxton(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2016
Engr2016:

Will give a detailed estimate soonest today.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
abdulrazat:
I think you should pitch a door from the dining to kitchen. Look closely and see to that.
Sir, It has been corrected more than a year ago. There is no more exit between the kitchen and sitting room. Their is now a direct door opening between the kitchen and dining room and an extra exit door from the kitchen to outside the building. Hence, the entire building has 2 exit doors at the ground floor. One is the main door entrance at the sitting room, the other exit is at the kitchen. Thanks
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
adebaxton:

Will give a detailed estimate soonest today.
Thanks a lot Sir!
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
bugativeron:

Sir, what is your entire floor area for the building? Mine is 35 feet by 32 feet i.e 10.7m by 9.75 m. Because of the economic challenge in Nigeria, I just want to focus on doing the decking for the 2 bedroom groundfoor for now by buying the materials bit by bit. That's why I asking Nairalanders for the likely estimate. The building is close to lintel level for now. I pray BABA GOD will do a Miracle to speed up the project in Jesus Name. I can't cheat or steal money. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Engr2016:

OK. You know the whole perimeter will be decked and also the staircase, that will be 10.67m x 9.75m (104 sqm).

Mine was 11.12m x 17.70m (196sqm) so yours is much smaller than mine.
You can post your email and I will send you the quantity materials used on mine, but there were still some irons, granite, and stone dust left on mine that was used for upper level column (pillars) casting and the parapet casting. So estimate much less than mine. Just an idea.

Hajji M.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
mufutau55:

OK. You know the whole perimeter will be decked and also the staircase, that will be 10.67m x 9.75m (104 sqm).

You can post your email and I will send you the quantity materials used on mine, but there were still some irons, granite, and stone dust left on mine that was used for upper level column (pillars) casting and the parapet casting. So estimate much less than mine. Just an idea.

Hajji M.

GOD bless you Sir. My email is activesystemstech@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
Engr2016:

OK. Will do it this evening with comments too... where is the project located?

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 4:03am On Jun 11, 2016
Engr2016:

Sent... and suggestions/comments inside. Hope it helps you.

Hajji M.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2016
mufutau55:

Sent... and suggestions/comments inside. Hope it helps you.

Hajji M.

Sir, people like you are the ones we need for a better Nigeria. You have been really helpful with your suggestions . I have received the estimates you sent to my email. Its well detailed and highly relevant. The project is located in Ijoko, Sango Otta area of Ogun State. Thanks a lot Sir.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mightykay(m): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
why now? it is only ur post l read in dis thread and u want to go hidden. pls im interested in ur details if u cant post it here kindly send it to me on mightykay200@yahoo.com. i want sell a car i bought a week ago @#1.5m. i never know i can put a structure wt dis amount. kindly help me d details of ur own

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
mightykay:
why now? it is only ur post l read in dis thread and u want to go hidden. pls im interested in ur details if u cant post it here kindly send it to me on mightykay200@yahoo.com. i want sell a car i bought a week ago @#1.5m. i never know i can put a structure wt dis amount. kindly help me d details of ur own

Oga @mightykay - we are only talking about decking o. You can sell your car to start a house, but with N1.5m you cannot complete a house o.
But it can surely help you to start especially if you already have a land. I have sent you the same quotes but it may not help you at the moment.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Engr2016:

Sir, people like you are the ones we need for a better Nigeria. You have been really helpful with your suggestions . I have received the estimates you sent to my email. Its well detailed and highly relevant. The project is located in Ijoko, Sango Otta area of Ogun State. Thanks a lot Sir.

I am glad it helps.. my projects are also in Sango-Otta area close Ijako Tipper Garage.
So those estimates should come in handy. Good luck.

Hajji M.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mightykay(m): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
mufutau55:

Oga @mightykay - we are only talking about decking o. You can sell your car to start a house, but with N1.5m you cannot complete a house o.
But it can surely help you to start especially if you already have a land. I will send you the same quotes but it may not help you at the moment.

Hajji M.
my bros, kindly help me send it, i ve a land n 500k i can add to proceed from d sales of the, at least it will take to a level that will propel me to finish it. I still has a small car to crush around. house is more important my brother

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
mightykay:
my bros, kindly help me send it, i ve a land n 500k i can add to proceed from d sales of the, at least it will take to a level that will propel me to finish it. I still has a small car to crush around. house is more important my brother

OK. Sent.

Hajji M.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by bugativeron: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
Engr2016:
Dear Nairalanders particularly construction professionals, please can anyone out there give a correct estimate in terms of cost and materials of a 2 bedroom decking in Ijoko Ogun State. Kindly see the rough schematic diagram of the project. My focus is just the decking only.Thanks

See my quote for something close to your own;

miscellaneous 50,000
Builder's fee 100,000
Total 1,542,000
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by elewedu(m): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hajj M, I have been your silent follower for a while, I must confess I am impressed with your depth of knowledge with regards to building, I am hereby seeking to use your knowledge.

I am planning on decking a small 2 units of 2 bed room flats, I am at a loss as to how much this will cost, infact I am already getting scared. Can you please help with estimation of the material for for the decking for the building below. Looking forward to your help.

Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by Engr2016: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thanks Bro!

bugativeron:

See my quote for something close to your own;

miscellaneous 50,000
Builder's fee 100,000
Total 1,542,000
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by ak22(m): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2017
mufutau55:

OK. Sent.
Hajji M.

good afternoon sir please I need your contact sir . your mail address
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by mufutau55(m): 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
ak22:

good afternoon sir please I need your contact sir . your mail address

Please use the NL PM ro get my email address.
Not safe on public forum.

Hajji M.
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by ak22(m): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
mufutau55:

Please use the NL PM ro get my email address. Not safe on public forum.
Hajji M.
ok sir
Re: What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex by TrumXray(m): 8:07am On Jun 12, 2022
Happy sunday all.
Urgently need your assistance on the quantity of iron rods needed to deck a security/power house. The length is 16ft (both side) and width is 13ft (both side).
Note: every other things has been done except for the decking alone.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Enugu Hilltop 6 Flats Of 2 Bedroom Flats Construction / Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.