Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others (35125 Views)

FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation / Patience Jonathan Caught Trying To Withdraw $5mill From Her Frozen Account / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by biopat(m): 12:33am On Jun 08, 2016
Babateemd:
Rubbish!! You withdrew all the money circulating in the system into TSA. EFCC is holding trillions in frozen account. Naira is crashing. You are arresting their CEOs and MD, signed budget and yet no money release. Investors running out and quickly selling their shares. Yet you don't want banks to sack staff. Na you go pay salary for them ! No incentives and you have the audacity to even talk. Please go and face face your Oga and tell him the truth. You don't even need to be an economist to understand basic principles of money. Time is ticking!

The problem is, his Oga is currently deaf and don't even think of telling him to write it for his Oga to read. He should start by hiring someone to teach him sign language before it's too late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by shamecurls(m): 1:19am On Jun 08, 2016
Ugandans re always quick to judge every news as a bad one.

Why re u lots always happy with bad and evil news and yet claim to be descendants of Israel?

#ChildrenOfHate
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by DICKtator: 1:50am On Jun 08, 2016
muller101:
na so that small statement pain u reach? Na wa for u o.

He must be related to Ngige to have replied that way

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by bezimo(m): 1:59am On Jun 08, 2016
Kenai:
Soooooo, let me get this straight - Bank X sacks 100 workers, and you respond by threatening to withdraw their license, possibly leading to a total closedown of the bank, culminating in 900 of their remaining staff members becoming jobless?

Wow!!! Buharinomics in full throttle!
An ILLITERATE will forever be an ILLITERATE!

I hope you're still enjoying your NEPA bill certificate brandishing president.

Nigerians have got to be among the dumbest iddiots on earth.

Nigerians are not dumb, I stand not to be corrected but it's their leaders who are dumb. However if you insist then I guess you are referring to the folks who forced such a dumb govt on Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by assetman(m): 2:22am On Jun 08, 2016
Flexherbal:
FG should go and sit down.
Can't they employ their citizens?

in developed countries,government only employ less than 5% of the population, its the private sector that are really determinant of the economy because they employ the 95%
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by lastpage: 2:28am On Jun 08, 2016
Flexherbal:
FG should go and sit down.
Can't they employ their citizens?

What is this 'Fuulish iGNORANT' saying?

By making good policies for the private sector and providing an enabling climate, Govt is already employing its citizens!
Banks cant be declaring Billions of profit every year..... and at the same time sacking workers who produce this wealth, on the basis of "No Money" to pay them!

That is a FARCE!
You would wonder why some of the Billions in profit is not spent to retain the workers who produce the wealth..... instead of feeding 'fat" board members

Reminds me of Arsene Wenger who cant afford to buy quality players yet, Arsenal declares huge profit every year!

Lastpage!

BTW: Too many "uninformed Kids" on Nairaland! They cant even pass Jamb exams, entry cut-off has to be lowered to 180 and results extended for 3years, just to accommodate these empty heads! In our time, you aim to score at least 270 in Jamb, to gain admission for a good course. angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by chyket(m): 3:18am On Jun 08, 2016
This threat makes no sense at all,you cant beat a kid and also ask him not to cry!!!.The Federal govt should have thought of job losses when it moved all their money via TSA overnight from banks.
The mistake here is that Federal govt should have met with the banks and find out what incentives that they could offer like tax reduction etc that would encourage banks to halt further sack of workers and not to be threatening them as if you are shareholders there.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by Michael333: 3:28am On Jun 08, 2016
Silly statement from Ngige. If d banks r unable to pay staff, isn't it more reasonable to layoff some and stay afloat? Than close down all together.

I'm ashamed of this clueless govt. Nigerians must really be d dumbest people on earth. Voting an illiterate as president...

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by tammie24: 3:54am On Jun 08, 2016
Kenai:
Soooooo, let me get this straight - Bank X sacks 100 workers, and you respond by threatening to withdraw their license, possibly leading to a total closedown of the bank, culminating in 900 of their remaining staff members becoming jobless?

rolling with laughter

You hit it right on the head! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by love4rent80s: 3:58am On Jun 08, 2016
Job dey naija

The truth is about these Ghost worker, do u know how many ghost workers still working in nigeria?
If for instance, a thief will just sit and collect salary of 200 ghost workers and then tell the government that they employed 200 active workers and all salaries will be paid into his account, while these graduates where not employed, we still have about more than 10million ghost workers out there ,if these workers where truly employed, nigeria no go worse reach like this, we need to tackle the ghost workers first and make sure there are people that are doing the job and they are paid for it....
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by Oilandgas1(m): 4:03am On Jun 08, 2016
Adesiji77:
Withdrawal of licenses would lead to more job losses...or am I missing something?

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/mass-sack-fg-threatens-withdraw-license-recalcitrant-banks-telecom-companies/

I love this part

“Even if you are going to lay off, there is a way to declare redundancy, there is a process. Section 20 of the Labour Act says it. You must call the unions and discuss with them. You don’t just treat them as slaves in their own country and you want us to keep quiet.”

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by GboyegaD(m): 4:14am On Jun 08, 2016
Is this the man who represented his constituency and wanted to govern a state? When he was in the senate, what bill did he push to improve lives? He is silly for spewing such thrash or he doesn't understand the objective of these firms is to make profit.
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by Kenobus: 4:58am On Jun 08, 2016
The Apc government lacks vision and direction. It is now using force. Where the feckless govt has destroyed the economy, it now wants to use cajoling . Nigerians should be wiser now.
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by ajibowo11(m): 5:08am On Jun 08, 2016
Kenai:

pls do u know what ghana next to us here did to our bank when they start recruiting their pple,south africa b4 u sack there u think twice and instead of encouraging someone trying to bring sanity to the country u keep shouting buhari(check ur family is it well governed by the head,u come out here to shout on someone governing billion of pple shut ur trash mouth and start praying for this country) u here spitting this u better start praying on ur brain to cum bk to normal

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by AngryNigerian(m): 5:21am On Jun 08, 2016
400billionman:
This govt is illiterate and funny.

A privately owned firm says it cant continue paying 10 staff, that 4 should go for the business to survive and Ngige who is being paid by govt from Niger delta oil is now teaching bank MDs how to run banks.

Oshogbo weed..

Privately owned firm, right? And they can come up with any rash decision, & d country will just keep quiet? Not 2 fast..

The only aspect that I blame govt. is dat dey wnt live by example! What if we say, fed. & state govt. appointees & highly placed civil/public servants should relinquish some benefits for now...that'l give someone d impetus to talk about a concensus arrangement in private firms
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by isinno: 5:54am On Jun 08, 2016
Kenai:

I support the action or threat because No owners of bank, insurance or communication institution and there directors will allow it investment to be closed ~ because both the sackers and the sack ones will be out of Jobs » I believe it will make them to know how to manage there staff or do it the right way.
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by Einl(m): 5:56am On Jun 08, 2016
As for us that work in the banking sector we totally agree and support him, whether what is says is right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by ikennaoma(m): 6:02am On Jun 08, 2016
Some don't seems to understand his point. If you have been sacked you will understand better. If you want to lay off your workers why not pay them off? Instead one will be on his to work in the morning only to find out that the job of yesterday is gone this morning. If govt don't look into this now it will be a norm
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by Ajalekoko76(m): 6:05am On Jun 08, 2016
Create enabling environment for business to survive not dis "command and control"utterances. A redundant Minister suddenly became union leader/activist as if he belongs to the masses. No doubt APC lead government was/is great mistake for Nigerians,they are short of ideas and visionless in governance. Some of us saw dis happening but sycophants won't give room for reasoning rather propaganda. If u can...go ahead of ur threat,if the worst would not happen

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by agabaI23(m): 6:07am On Jun 08, 2016
tuniski:
Yeye govt u take punitives economic measure like the 1trillion naira plus fine of MTN, mop up of funds within d financial sector and at the same time ask them not to sack. Are u to pay salaries n overheads for them?

Command n control economy chai! Apc/buhari shame.
You don comment finish. I won't comment again

These people are a joke...

And can you imagine? They are even confused. Sacking a a fraction and withdrawing licence to sack everybody, which one is better?

theV0ice, I don tire for this una goment wallahi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by hardbody: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2016
LuckyLadolce:
Truth be told.. Normally, Our banks are useless, they want cheap labour, they set unrealistic target, so they take opportunity of situations like this to sack people and overlabour the few ones left in the system. Go find out about all these banks sacking, some of their Executive director's take home is 6/7m per month and yet they will team up to sack an Executive trainee who receives just 150k per month or a contract staff who get 60/70k atfer several years in the system. Banks can still cope in this economy. They are lying to most people about their inability to pay staff. Let them also cut the amount being paid to the top staff. Banking sector has the most corrupt, selfish, inhumane and slaverymasters leaderships. This so called bank's management want to take virtually all the benefits. If possible, they want free labour. You don't just want to know what banks' directors get as profit sharing allowance. You may faint!

what do you know.

Thank God I quit when I did.

They still head hunted me this week, i gleefully declined. That industry is not worth it. Over hyped to say the least.
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by opribo(m): 6:08am On Jun 08, 2016
If they want to stop the mass sack they should give them bail out funds, they can only issue such directives to banks where they have full control like Keystone bank, they gave license after the banks met their statutory obligations, they cannot teach them how to run their private businesses.

When we say this guys are quacks people dont believe now just imagine that minister giving commands as though this is a military regime. If you dont want sack then govt should give them bail out funds.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by ikennaoma(m): 6:11am On Jun 08, 2016
GboyegaD:
Is this the man who represented his constituency and wanted to govern a state? When he was in the senate, what bill did he push to improve lives? He is silly for spewing such thrash or he doesn't understand the objective of these firms is to make profit.
. Be reasonable. If your brother have been sacked before you won't be saying this. Do u think that ford can wake up one morning and lay off 200workers without compensation? that can't happen. I agree with you that there main aim is to make profit. But who sustains the business? Most sacked workers.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by hardbody: 6:13am On Jun 08, 2016
isinno:
I support the action or threat because No owners of bank, insurance or communication institution and there directors will allow it investment to be closed ~ because both the sackers and the sack ones will be out of Jobs » I believe it will make them to know how to manage there staff or do it the right way.

In my office we declare redundancy and pay juicy severance package such that some staff even lobby HR to have their names included in the list.

The only snag is what business is there to do out there with the millions they get paid. It all boils down to creating an enabling environment for business to flourish. God may still heal this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by Maross(m): 6:20am On Jun 08, 2016
tuniski:
Yeye govt u take punitives economic measure like the 1trillion naira plus fine of MTN, mop up of funds within d financial sector and at the same time ask them not to sack. Are u to pay salaries n overheads for them?

I wonder my brother! I have never felt so insecure in my entire life! I pray there is a positive turn-around in the economy soon.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by IkpuMmadu: 6:26am On Jun 08, 2016
This government is stupid and saving face.

I have a business and my opex is high and recurrent high while low profit margin

The first thing is that I lay of some redundant workers
That's management 101

But the president didn't pass economics so how can he know

This is business not a social service

Yeye APC

The MD has the right to fire and hire

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by chamboy(m): 6:36am On Jun 08, 2016
assetman:

in developed countries,government only employ less than 5% of the population, its the private sector that are really determinant of the economy because they employ the 95%
and in same dev country there's something called fair work. . U cant just sack workers anyhow. Nigerians like suffering imagine ppls comment here..
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by chamboy(m): 6:39am On Jun 08, 2016
ikennaoma:
. Be reasonable. If your brother have been sacked before you won't be saying this. Do u think that ford can wake up one morning and lay off 200workers without compensation? that can't happen. I agree with you that there main aim is to make profit. But who sustains the business? Most sacked workers.
dont mind the illiterate dey dont know what is fair work?
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by chamboy(m): 6:42am On Jun 08, 2016
tuniski:

ode do u know what fair work is
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by crisycent: 6:43am On Jun 08, 2016
Is it one year of this administration yet? Wow where is the 5million jobs? 24/7 power they promised? Now they are threatening banks not to sack people they employed?

Well the president has gone to treat his deaf ear. He will soon start hearing Nigerians when he comes back.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by ColtPython(m): 6:44am On Jun 08, 2016
So many complaints.

This thing is easy. Let's mobilize a youth party and encourage youths all over the nation to vote for that party in the next election with a people-oriented manifesto. Its the only easy way we can flush these guys out of government.

If not na complain we go do till we peme for hia grin
Re: Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others by Izonpikin: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2016
Kenai:

you just spoke my mind...

This was the government that was running here and there with fines on banks and other firms..

Now they are threatening to revoke the licences of banks for mass sacking..

Stupido leaders we have...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stone Us If We Fail After 2 Years - APC Founding Member, Momoh (Throwback Pic) / Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad / Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.