Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks (4341 Views)

Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs / Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks by zoraro(m): 1:20am On Aug 29, 2009
I don't support tribalism but it is plain to see that the North (Northern elites) has a hidden agenda for Nigeria it has always been there but is now very obvious since this present government came to power. I don't have a problem if they rule for ever as long as the average Nigerian is taken care of, but sadly they are not capable of doing this not even for their own people. They are like rats who are busy gathering food to there corner while the whole house is on fire. It's too bad that other tribes are either too blind or stupid to see what's happening.

I hope my comment is not too off topic, sorry.
Re: CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks by monopolist: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2009
Jail has opened it's mouth wide for Sanu and co
Break the edge and the serpent bites you.
War has been on since and now there shall be vengeance against the terrorists in Nigeria and the world over.
Re: CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks by odedele: 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2009
This whole has been publish by vanguard in march dis yr.nobody can convince me dat sanusi is not working on a script.but i bet u d mallam will surely fail.
Re: CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks by ModestSam(m): 3:59am On Aug 30, 2009
I find this very hilarious coming from a selected rep. in Nigeria, ''We come from constituencies, we feel the pulse of the people''.
Re: CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks by monopolist: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2009
Sanusi must go

Sanusi must go!

Now.

Let us pray daily.
Re: CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks by naijaking1: 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2009
biina:

The level of semi-illetracy in Nigeria is alarming cry

I agree, semi-illetrates everywhere. Looking for illitrates? Look no further, my friend, just look in the mirrow.
Re: CBN Never Conducted Any Special Tests On Banks by odedele: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
Lamido Sanusi's agenda

There was no crisis in the Nigerian banking industry before Friday, August 14, 2009, as none of the banks had failed to meet its obligations to its depositors. This crisis was imposed on it.
What we are witnessing is a campaign of propaganda by the Central Bank with the intention to forcefully change the ownership structure of Nigerian banks.
Please note the following points:
• Why hurry to wield the axe, when the audit has not been conducted in all Nigerian banks to enable Sanusi gain a comprehensive picture of the situation in the industry? The weakest bank in Nigeria, Unity Bank, has not even been audited. Soludo's CBN granted N70 billion to Unity last year without sacking its CEO or management.
• The debtors' list has proved to be sheer propaganda as the loans are mostly actually performing.
• Why did Sanusi not publish debts owed by government ministries, agencies and parastatals? They are actually the biggest and most notorious debtors - either directly or through contractors who handle public project. For example, Transcorp is owing Union Bank N41 billion, but the government is yet to refund the purchase price of NITEL to the company after the Federal Government reversed the privatisation of the telecom company this year. Another important group of bank debtors are the importers of petroleum products. They say the government is owing them nearly N100 billion in subsidy reimbursement. So, this means that if the government that wants to rescue the banks fulfills its responsibility to those it is owing, the problems of the banks will be much lighter.
• Why did Sanusi not invite the boards of the audited banks to show them the results of the so-called audit and them how they think they could solve the identified problems; for example, giving them a deadline to recapitalise? The practice all over the world is to fist demand that the existing shareholders meet the capital adequacy requirement. It is only where they are not able to raise the required capital that forced intervention by the regulators takes place.
• Imagine that Sanusi is already saying he would like to sell the banks! After only one week of taking them over? That would be a world record in Central Bank intervention.
I advise Nigerians to learn a thing or two about Mr. Lamido Sanusi by reading the articles he wrote in the recent past. Please check. Then you will know where this man is coming from.
The CBN's powers of intervention are to enable the government protect depositors and creditors of banks. The laws are not meant to enable the government do what it is presently doing: confiscating the legitimate properties of citizens. The schemers at play want to confiscate these banks from their rightful owners and award them to members of their ethnic group, the Fulani. Curiously, the EFCC is now going after the banks' chiefs. This is a strategy to intimidate them into submission. What has the EFCC got to do with bank loans? Loan default is not a criminal offence in any legal system. This is all propaganda. The so called sanusi should fear God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(photos)president Jonathan And Oyedepo Arriving Abuja From Isreal / See Biafrans Trying To Burn My House PICS / Ekiti Election Rigging PHOTOS EXPOSED – (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.