Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience (1684 Views)

How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. / 17 things you must know before starting Dog Business. / What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by youngestmilly: 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hello, I am about going into the dog business full time. How much do I need to invest? How long will it take before it starts yielding profit? I will be sharing my experiences, research and findings as we go along. Feel free to divulge any information about the dog business. I am a young entrepreneur who wants to start breeding, training and selling dogs. Please advise me lovely people. This is an opportunity for everyone to learn as well.
Re: Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by Zdoh(m): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
I'm for those that want to import dog,obtain an import permit at an affordable rate...+2348088759163 Voice/whatsapp.
Re: Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by Solomonrock98: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
I am interested in importing can you contact me on whatsapp on 08056028258.
Re: Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by youngestmilly: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Zdoh:
I'm for those that want to import dog,obtain an import permit at an affordable rate...+2348088759163 Voice/whatsapp.
Good, but I want to get more information about the dog business before I start importing
Re: Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by youngestmilly: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
Solomonrock98:
I am interested in importing can you contact me on whatsapp on 08056028258.
Boss are u into dog breeding?
Re: Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by PunaPuzzy: 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
i jst want to start dog business anybody dat import gud rott shuld msg me on whatapp 08175682233
Re: Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by arcbay(m): 12:34am On Jun 11, 2016
There's nothing like dog business.

There's dog ownership, puppy peddling and dog breeding, depending on how professional you want to go.

For dog ownership, the prime aim isn't profit-oriented. They raise dogs for certain reasons either for pet or security. But somewhere along the line, they get distracted and they'll want to make puppies from their stock.

For puppy peddlers, they're profit maximizers, they produce puppies for the purpose of selling. Most of them have no other source of income and therefore needs to generate and recycle funds by selling puppies. They even go to the extent of getting puppies from external bodies, add a little commission then resell. This is what keeps their business moving.

For dog breeders, they're professionals in their field. They're keen on methodologies and strategies. They pay more attention to maintaining breed standards and improving the quality of their stock, generation after generation. After each litter, they retain the stock breed while breeding out the undesired traits. Their major aim is to attain excellence. These are people who will pay a fortune on tapping into the finest bloodline. The investment phase gulps a lot but the harvest phase produces what the puppy peddler will earn in 3years.

So bro, u need to find out which class u belong before delving into it. And please do ur findings well, it is not easy raising dogs, ask those that are in it, everyone of them will have a story to tell.

Best of luck in ur endeavor and welcome on board.

2 Likes

Re: Dog Business Does Not Generate Profit. Share Your experience by Eveezy(m): 6:07am On Jun 11, 2016
I have owned dogs for d past 10 years and I haven't gained a penny, this is because I am a dog owner as arc bay has pointed out, the only tym I bred my dog, I gave dem out. of recent I tried venturing into becoming a breeder but tym didn't permit me so I had to stop again till I am much more free, breeding requires tym, commitments, strategies, and all. anybody who owns a dog can bcom a puppy mill for d purpose of making profit as arcbay pointed out, but that isn't my plan as I naturally have passion for dogs nd nt cos of d money. Am nt broke afterall

(1) (Reply)

Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog / Boerboel - 100% Pure Breed - (brindle) - For Sale / Semi Adult Female Gsd Needed (good Quality Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.