Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them (43292 Views)

"Can You Eat Beans For 10 Years?" - Married Man Says When Asked Why He Cheated / 15 Memes That Depict Most Nigerian Relationships (Photos) / Opinion: P'square's "Nobody Ugly", A Perfect Description Of Most Nigerian Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by McBrooklyn(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
What is it with women and compliments?

You’re at the mall and a stranger tells you are beautiful. You immediately give an awkward response.

Some says you look nice today and your reaction is, “ Do I look bad every other day ?”

Why do women find it hard to just say ‘thank you’ and move on, instead of giving silly responses?

A lot of Nigerian women find it hard to accept compliment, no matter how confident and comfortable they are with themselves. They will always find a way to ignore it.

There are some women who don’t know how to take a compliment if it was staring them in the face.

Some of these women have heard too many fake compliments that they don’t believe it anymore whether it’s true or not.

Women need to realize that just because it’s being used often as a pick up line by some men doesn’t mean it’s a lie.

Here are 15 things Nigerian girls say when you compliment them:

1. Like really?
Someone says, ‘You have nice legs’ and the best reply you can give is ‘like really’. But why? undecided

2. We thank the Lord.
Of course we will always thank God, just say thank you. cool

3. Stop telling me lies.
So someone cannot say your hair is fine again? angry

4. My head is swelling.
Hold the head well so it doesn’t burst and scatter all over the place. cheesy

5. Who are you deceiving?
Can’t you just accept a compliment? undecided

6. Whatever!
Which one is whatever again? Just accept the compliment and feel good. angry angry

7. I know.
Stranger: Hello pretty, you have a nice figure. wink
Girl: I know. undecided

8. Abeg, let’s hear word.
Which word, is it the word of God? undecided

9. Ehen and so?
The next time you are complimented on your looks or whatever, you just say "THANK YOU". cool

10. I hear it all the time.
You’ve earned somebody’s respect and admiration. What do you say to that? angry

11. If I hear.
Take a compliment at face value and appreciate the best of it. wink

12. Stop whining me joor!
If you think that you’re being modest by not accepting a compliment, think again. cool

13. Abeg, Abeg, Abeg
While there is a possibility from time to time that some people might just be lying, most people are genuine about giving compliment. smiley

14. Washy wash
Accepting compliments tells the other person that you appreciate what they have to say about you. cheesy

15. Is that how you deceive your small girlfriends?
You’ve probably earned it, so enjoy your moment in the spotlight. grin

Source: https://www.naij.com/849374-15-annoying-things-nigerian-girls-stop-saying-men-compliment.html?source=article_related

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Mediapace: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nice one mc,Laveda juhan sinaj Myfantasies and twaci are guilty of this wink

I even remembered the time when Laveda said this :
Mediapace: Hello pretty, you have a nice figure.
Laveda: I know

Is that what i want to hear,all i want to hear is thanks and i've accepted your proposal

sinaj too
Mediapace : Sinaj i wan date you!!
Sinaj : Is that how you deceive your small
girlfriends?

Who is that small gf? Na myfantasies/juhan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by vizkiz: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
me: oh baby, you look so beautiful, are you an angel or something...

Her reply: mtchewww....

The thing pain me enter my bone grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
This is irrational and illogical.
I have nothing to say. [color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Laveda(f): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
undecided
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by sinaj(f): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
I always say a thank you with a smile smiley

Girls often reply that way when de perceive d compliment to b sarcastic.

17 Likes

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
lol,i do say thanks&compliment back like u look nice too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by dollyjoy(f): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ladies actually love such compliments. grin
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by vicstar(m): 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
more coming....

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by McBrooklyn(m): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
vizkiz:

Bruh, E be like say you and my post on Nairaland nowadays are like grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by vizkiz: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Bruh, E be like say you and my post on Nairaland nowadays are like grin

you mean say I don become monitoring spirit? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by McBrooklyn(m): 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
vizkiz:

you mean say I don become monitoring spirit? grin

Yeah! Seems So! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Dabigbroda(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2016
grin
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Oliviaxx(f): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
vizkiz:

What kind of pickup line is that? undecided

8 Likes

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by makydebbie(f): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
lol...i always say thanks...we ladies love compliments na
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by timsonpreye(m): 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
Sorry but am jst here to read comments
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Yeah! Seems So! cheesy

I seriously dunno what to laugh at, your siggy or the post. Both are damn hilarious...

grin grin grin grin

You're right tho, some Nigerian ladies dunno how to accept a compliment wink
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by timsonpreye(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
makydebbie:
did u change moniker
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by timsonpreye(m): 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
did u change moniker
makydebbie:
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Ginaz(f): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
I don't know how to take compliments, I just don't know how to without feeling like I'm being flattered.
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by makydebbie(f): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
timsonpreye:
did u change moniker
so according to you...whats my previous moniker??
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by McBrooklyn(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
skarlett:

I seriously dunno what to laugh at, your siggy or the post. Both are damn hilarious...

grin grin grin grin

You're right tho, some Nigerian ladies dunno how to accept a compliment wink

WTF is Siggy?? Cos it ain't even in my phone dictionary! I'll appreciate it if you can tell me what it is or is it an alien word?? wink

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by ErnieSmallzz(f): 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
hmmmm nice1 Op, so wat do guys say when girls compliment them? wink
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
McBrooklyn:

WTF is Siggy?? Cos it ain't even in my phone dictionary! I'll appreciate it if you can tell me what it is or is it an alien word?? wink

Lol, your signature, "my girlfriend is only allowed to have three male bestfriends in her life..."

Siggy is the short form of signature wink
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by McBrooklyn(m): 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
skarlett:

Lol, your signature, "my girlfriend is only allowed to have three bestfriends in her life..."

Siggy is the short form of signature wink

Lol! Never heard about "Siggy" before! Thanks for telling me tho! You can actually laugh about my siggy and my post cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol! Never heard about "Siggy" before! Thanks for telling me tho! You can actually laugh about my siggy and my post cheesy

You're welcome

I actually did, both are hilarious cheesy
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by McBrooklyn(m): 5:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
hmmmm nice1 Op, so wat do guys say when girls compliment them? wink

Well, a lady can't just walk up to you and start complimenting you . . . But in case a lady I know before or I don't walks up to me to compliment me, I'll simply reply "Thank You" and we get talking wink
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by mikolo80: 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
McBrooklyn:
What is it with women and compliments?

You’re at the mall and a stranger tells you are beautiful. You immediately give an awkward response.

Some says you look nice today and your reaction is, “ Do I look bad every other day ?”

Why do women find it hard to just say ‘thank you’ and move on, instead of giving silly responses?

A lot of Nigerian women find it hard to accept compliment, no matter how confident and comfortable they are with themselves. They will always find a way to ignore it.

There are some women who don’t know how to take a compliment if it was staring them in the face.

Some of these women have heard too many fake compliments that they don’t believe it anymore whether it’s true or not.

Women need to realize that just because it’s being used often as a pick up line by some men doesn’t mean it’s a lie.

Here are 15 things Nigerian girls say when you compliment them:

1. Like really?
Someone says, ‘You have nice legs’ and the best reply you can give is ‘like really’. But why? undecided

2. We thank the Lord.
Of course we will always thank God, just say thank you. cool

3. Stop telling me lies.
So someone cannot say your hair is fine again? angry

4. My head is swelling.
Hold the head well so it doesn’t burst and scatter all over the place. cheesy

5. Who are you deceiving?
Can’t you just accept a compliment? undecided

6. Whatever!
Which one is whatever again? Just accept the compliment and feel good. angry angry

7. I know.
Stranger: Hello pretty, you have a nice figure. wink
Girl: I know. undecided

8. Abeg, let’s hear word.
Which word, is it the word of God? undecided

9. Ehen and so?
The next time you are complimented on your looks or whatever, you just say "THANK YOU". cool

10. I hear it all the time.
You’ve earned somebody’s respect and admiration. What do you say to that? angry

11. If I hear.
Take a compliment at face value and appreciate the best of it. wink

12. Stop whining me joor!
If you think that you’re being modest by not accepting a compliment, think again. cool

13. Abeg, Abeg, Abeg
While there is a possibility from time to time that some people might just be lying, most people are genuine about giving compliment. smiley

14. Washy wash
Accepting compliments tells the other person that you appreciate what they have to say about you. cheesy

15. Is that how you deceive your small girlfriends?
You’ve probably earned it, so enjoy your moment in the spotlight. grin

Source: https://www.naij.com/849374-15-annoying-things-nigerian-girls-stop-saying-men-compliment.html?source=article_related

cc: lalasticlala, seun, Mynd44, Fynestboi, Dominique
not their fault.na low class women be dat.upgrade
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by myfantasies(f): 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mediapace:
Nice one mc,Laveda juhan sinaj Myfantasies and twaci are guilty of this wink

I even remembered the time when Laveda said this :
Mediapace: Hello pretty, you have a nice figure.
Laveda: I know

Is that what i want to hear,all i want to hear is thanks and i've accepted your proposal

sinaj too
Mediapace : Sinaj i wan date you!!
Sinaj : Is that how you deceive your small
girlfriends?

Who is that small gf? Na myfantasies/juhan
Wat is my offence undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
myfantasies:
Wat is my offence undecided
help me ask that boy o

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by stano2(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
Op u are confused
Re: 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
vizkiz:

you never forget? So you still dey vex for this reply wey i give you since tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share The Crazy Things You Did While In Love / How Do You Handle Frequent Sexual Urge / Have You Ever Been Humiliated For Visiting Your Crush? Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.