Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 (12848 Views)

Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
0rex:
If you can get a new ECU to test your car with, I think that's better.
Pls how much is ECU for RX300?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
Etoo:

Hi, I just finished from the mechanic, its not an oil sludge. The electrician said since no engine light is showing, there is no need for the diagnostics. The black smoke still comes out on higher acceleration and the fuel is highly affected.

I dont know whether the injector can be the culprit. A mechanic was telling of 2 sensors near the injector that possible could be causing it. Is there any other possibility I could check pending when the check-engine light surfaces?
no need for diagnostics since no check engine light ??
Please run for for dear life from that Kazeem that utter such gibberish cos he doesnt deserve to hold a spanner.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Etoo:

Hi, I just finished from the mechanic, its not an oil sludge. The electrician said since no engine light is showing, there is no need for the diagnostics . The black smoke still comes out on higher acceleration and the fuel is highly affected.

I dont know whether the injector can be the culprit. A mechanic was telling of 2 sensors near the injector that possible could be causing it. Is there any other possibility I could check pending when the check-engine light surfaces?

same electrician that cannot explain the black smoke?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
ECU's performance depends on the data received from sensors so that makes it less of a culprit. Run the engine and have someone examine the change in exhaust fume as you disconnect the injector sockets one by one with a little rev ups to prevent engine from going off.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
I have said it before ,what you have is likely a input issue.If you are feeding wrong input data into your engine controller computer definitely you will have an alter air/fuel stoic ratio which can be in form of black smoke or lean running engine.
If you lack the skillset to run a live stream on your powertrain ,use the procedure of elimination by removing all your sensors one by one and checking against the black smoke coming out of your exhaust until you find the culprit responsible for it.
Leave your ecu and injector alone ,concentrate on the sensors first .But if you insist on Kazeem system of throwing parts to to resolve issue ,I am readily available to supply you a many ecu as you want .
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
I have seen ECUs do all sort of things to a car that's why I recommended trying with another ECU readily available not buying a new one. Take note, OP.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
0rex:
I have seen ECUs do all sort of things to a car that's why I recommended trying with another ECU readily available not buying a new one. Take note, OP.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
0rex:
Every troubleshooting follows a sequence .Follow your trace from the bottom to the top,from simplest to advance,from input to output and not the other way round .
This is will enable you to make a faster and a definite diagnosis
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2016
honmusa:
I have said it before ,what you have is likely a input issue.If you are feeding wrong input data into your engine controller computer definitely you will have an alter air/fuel stoic ratio which can be in form of black smoke or lean running engine.
If you lack the skillset to run a live stream on your powertrain ,use the procedure of elimination by removing all your sensors one by one and checking against the black smoke coming out of your exhaust until you find the culprit responsible for it.
Leave your ecu and injector alone ,concentrate on the sensors first .But if you insist on Kazeem system of throwing parts to to resolve issue ,I am readily available to supply you a many ecu as you want .
@Honmusa, pls can u name the sensors and the locations on the vehicle so that I will start off with the elimination method.
Thanks for ur concern
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2016
Etoo:

@Honmusa, pls can u name the sensors and the locations on the vehicle so that I will start off with the elimination method.
Thanks for ur concern

scan vehicle first.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Autopartz: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2016
Etoo:

Pls how much is ECU for RX300?

For information on the price of the Engine Brainbox(ECU) for Lexus RX300, you can contact suppliers directly by visiting the website:

www.autopartz.com (main site) and take the following steps:

Select Lexus(Make); RX300(Model) and then (Year)

Subsequently, visit the "Brainbox/ECU" category under the 'browse categories' column and click on Engine Brainbox/ECU

All the suppliers of Engine Brainbox/ECU for Lexus RX300 registered with us would be displayed, either New/tokunbo

You can then click on the contact information of any of the suppliers of your choice to get the price.

However, AutoPartz now supply Brain boxes directly to your doorstep.

If interested, send requests to 08097772886 (WhatsApp)
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
Etoo:

Thanks for ur concern
Start with O2 sensor ,disconnect all the O2 sensors(upstream and downstream) from their connectors and check if you are still getting the black smoke from your tail pipe.
If you don't get the location ,call my number @ my signature.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Donclaracuzo: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
honmusa:

Start with O2 sensor ,disconnect all the O2 sensors(upstream and downstream) from their connectors and check if you are still getting the black smoke from your tail pipe.
If you don't get the location ,call my number @ my signature.
What is the meaning of O2
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Donclaracuzo: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
Donclaracuzo:

What is the meaning of O2
Sorry, Oxygen sensor
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
Donclaracuzo:

Sorry, Oxygen sensor
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_sensor
From the name you can easily guess what it does.
It analyses the o2 content in the exhaust charges to send an input data to the engine computer module to make a decision.
The decision the engine computer depend on the types of o2 Sensor feeding it.
Upstream O2 sensor:This input data from this types sensor is mainly for fuel management system decision making.
Downstream O2: This also serves as fuel management sensor to a certain degree but is mainly for catalyst monitoring .

1 Like

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
honmusa:
@honmusa, my mechanic has started the elimination method today. He replaced the MAF sensor and advised that i drive the car till Saturday ( since i drive only from home to office and vice versa) for the smoke to clear.
As im waiting for that, I needed the gurus in the house to inform me whether the effect of d change is supposed to be immediate or gradual. Thanks
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
Etoo:

@honmusa, my mechanic has started the elimination method today. He replaced the MAF sensor and advised that i drive the car till Saturday ( since i drive only from home to office and vice versa) for the smoke to clear.
As im waiting for that, I needed the gurus in the house to inform me whether the effect of d change is supposed to be immediate or gradual. Thanks
why are you complicating a simple procedure?
I said start from the O2 ,remove it (dont change it),run the engine and check if you still have a black exhaust smoke. It an immediate thing !!!!
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 5:58am On Jun 16, 2016
honmusa:

why are you complicating a simple procedure?
I said start from the O2 ,remove it (dont change it),run the engine and check if you still have a black exhaust smoke. It an immediate thing !!!!
Do you mean he should disconnect the socket or completely remove the sensor?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 6:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Etoo:

what is your observation so far? Thick black smoke or getting a little faint?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 6:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Mullberry:
Do you mean he should disconnect the socket or completely remove the sensor?
Disconnect O2 sensor socket!!
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mullberry:
what is your observation so far? Thick black smoke or getting a little faint?
Its getting fainter. I pray this solves the issue.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
honmusa:

REMOVE THE SENSOR!!!!
Thanks Honmusa. At the moment, I'm monitoring the performance of the car. The black smoke is reducing. If its not clear before Saturday, I will remove the sensor as u advised. I have also learnt how to disconnect the O2 sensor. Thanks man for all ur advice so far.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
unfollows thread
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etoo:

Its getting fainter. I pray this solves the issue.
Oh okay. I hope it gets solved.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hi fellows, Does anyone know the correct part number for MAF sensor used in Lexus RX300 and what the price could be?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2016
Im still waiting oo
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 11:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Etoo:

Hi, I just finished from the mechanic, its not an oil sludge. The electrician said since no engine light is showing, there is no need for the diagnostics. The black smoke still comes out on higher acceleration and the fuel is highly affected.

Dont listen to that mechanic that is limiting you to what he knows, GO FOR SCANNING and come back here with the codes
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
Etoo:

Your mech has started draining your pocket,how can he touch your MAF sensor when there was no diagnostic done on the said car?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 11:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
honmusa:

REMOVE THE SENSOR!!!!
Bro are you orite
if he removes the O2 sensor there will be a hole in the exhust and it will blow,are U for real?
Now I see why GAZZUZZ unfollowed this thread grin grin
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
Etoo:

Thanks Honmusa. At the moment, I'm monitoring the performance of the car. The black smoke is reducing. If its not clear before Saturday, I will remove the sensor as u advised. I have also learnt how to disconnect the O2 sensor. Thanks man for all ur advice so far.
Did you remove the O2 Sensor
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 12:05am On Jun 24, 2016
erico2k2:

Bro are you orite ??
if he removes the O2 sensor there will be a hole in the exhust and it will blow,are U for real?
Now I see why GAZZUZZ unfollowed this thread grin grin
apologies ,thanks for pointing out my error .it is the o2 socket I meant to say he should remove and confirmed immediately if the issue is due to a faulty o2 sensor but it seems the ops is another trail entirely of swapping what is not faulty.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by gare(f): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2016
Etoo:

How do you disconnect the sensors please advise, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates / 5 Ways Kids Can Get Hurt When Inside A Car / Camry 99 Thermostat Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.