Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,993 members, 7,814,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading (24672 Views)

The New Age Qualification To Run For A Political Office In Nigeria By Senate / University ‘Sex-For-Grades’ Prohibition Bill In The Senate Passes 2nd Reading / Saraki Smiles After NACF Bill Passed 2nd Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 09, 2016
TonyChinedu Nwulu representing Oshodi-Isolo 11 Federal Constituency of Lagos State,
Igbos get mouth jor....mk i hear say yoruba man win election for anambra

1 Like

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by IamQuins: 9:16am On Jun 09, 2016
Youths wey still dey hustle to rent ouse, buy carry come marry.

1 Like

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by princemi(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Bastardss, with all this killings and diabolism during elections? They should create the enabling environment for youth to grow economically and stop giving silly impression of care. 30yrs ni, 10yrs ko.
Mtcheeeeew angry

Later people like you would complain about a 70+ man being our president. You are not given the chance: complain, You are given the chance: still complain...Nigerian youths and ungreatfulness undecided

1 Like

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by sexstoriexpost(f): 9:20am On Jun 09, 2016
We the youths can now begin to see ourselves as the leaders of tomorrow...
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by valdetino(m): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2016
This is what I call a square peg in a square hole.
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by MrBUN86(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2016
Hmmmm. This is Nonsense! Will they ever leave dt seat? How can someone aged 30 be contesting with 85years old man? Dtz bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by MrBUN86(m): 9:30am On Jun 09, 2016
princemi:

Later people like you would complain about a 70+ man being our president. You are not given the chance: complain, You are given the chance: still complain...Nigerian youths and ungreatfulness undecided

Shut up man. Will they ever allow you challenge/contest with them? They will just kill u off. Book closed.

1 Like

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by djraymy(m): 9:31am On Jun 09, 2016
thank God oo. Make i com start dey campain
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Tonnierichy(m): 9:32am On Jun 09, 2016
Rubbish.
It can never become law
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Rutycool(f): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2016
No good decision is made in this country in favour of the poor... this is another way of fixing their their children there, after they are gone..
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Sasuwa(f): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2016
maximunimpact:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/reps-reduce-age-qualification-presidency-govs-senate-30yrs/
so now politi.cs is now kinship, preparing grounds for their kids to rule. God dey
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by landg: 9:37am On Jun 09, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Reducing the age limit has nothing to do with poor Nigerian youths I see jubilating here...

Our elites now have the opportunity to fix in their kids after the are back from USA/UK Masters programmes...

From Tunubu kids to Rochas kids to Saraki kids to Kwankwaso kids to Nyarkyo kids to Andy Uba kids and so on and so forth

How many Nigerian youths can pay one million naira or 2million naira for a National Assembly form? cool cool

All I need is for government to reduce the salaries and allowances of all top government officials...

If a House of Reps candidate earns 100k monthly I don't think National assembly forms for any political party will be up to 50k and will surely refuse to spray money carelessly during electioneering campaigns cool cool

You nailed it. This is the singular reason you see Zarah everywhere forming Charity and caring...
It's simply for the Children of Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu and the likes to take over power from their sick and feeble ass.
Very soon Nigeria's politics will become hereditary.
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by JoeCutie(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2016
That's a good one. smiley

Next election ehn, you go see posters taya. All these boys will go and print their posters and scatter them every here and there. Trust Nigerians, we are at the forefront when it comes to 'overdo'
. grin

4 Likes

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Theotherella(f): 9:39am On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by bot101(m): 9:40am On Jun 09, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Which youth would have made it enough at 30yrs to fund elections with this our economic sitiation aside their children and sponsored stugdes. Deceive not thyself woman. They should keep their leadership but provide us with the basic things to grow and when we do grow, then we shall worry about power. cool

I know of a 23 year old nairalander who spends hundreds of millions to import goods for sale. You know what this guy and others like him didn't do? They didn't and aren't spending their hay days thinking about their next or last boyfriend/girlfriend, didn't spend it thinking about how to convince their next 'catch'to 'fall', didn't spend it listening to music that demeans them and fill their mouths with vulgar words, didn't spend it thinking about the next party to attend, didn't spend it cooking up lies to tell their parents to extort money from them as undergrads, didn't live with the belief that only fraudsters, corrupt politicians and ritualists become wealthy and rich, didn't spend it believing that they need a 'connection'to rise career-wise, didn't spend it blaming the government for their last fart. You know what they spent their hay days doing, they spent it thinking about their future, they spent it planning and executing same in pursuit of specific set out goals, they spent it studying about who, what and where they want to be in the next 5 years, they spent it listening to music that raised their spirit, they spent it thinking about how to live Godly, honestly, and prosper as well because they know it is not only possible, but the shortest route to living happily tomorrow, they spent it becoming the 'connection' others would need to rise, they spent it becoming a government unto their fellow men. These ones my friend are they who would become the youth leaders of tommorow, eventually becoming the leaders of tomorrow. Be wise, pray, plan and accept no negative thoughts and even the skies, won't be worthy of being called your starting point.
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by martineverest(m): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2016
Time for young bloods like olla1,elxandre,ronald4lif and co to contest for next gubernatorial,senatorial and presidential seats.

NB: dont spill any blood during campaign
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Richydos(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Reducing the age limit has nothing to do with poor Nigerian youths I see jubilating here...

Our elites now have the opportunity to fix in their kids after the are back from USA/UK Masters programmes...

From Tunubu kids to Rochas kids to Saraki kids to Kwankwaso kids to Nyarkyo kids to Andy Uba kids and so on and so forth

How many Nigerian youths can pay one million naira or 2million naira for a National Assembly form? cool cool

All I need is for government to reduce the salaries and allowances of all top government officials...

If a House of Reps candidate earns 100k monthly I don't think National assembly forms for any political party will be up to 50k and will surely refuse to spray money carelessly during electioneering campaigns cool cool
See as u just make sense with ur sense of reasoning.... U must have stolen my brain to be able to think this way... Lolzzzz don't mind me jare, I just got over excited reading your nice piece
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by rolams(m): 9:45am On Jun 09, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Good talk jare! God bless u, u get sense die!
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by rupeelicious(f): 9:47am On Jun 09, 2016
How abt also setting an age limit? Just to ensurr senility doesn catch up wt dem in office.
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by donchijoz(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2016
disqualification year nko?

Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Sasuwa(f): 9:52am On Jun 09, 2016
bot101:

I know of a 23 year old nairalander who spends hundreds of millions to import goods for sale. You know what this guy and others like him didn't do? They didn't and aren't spending their hay days thinking about their next or last boyfriend/girlfriend, didn't spend it thinking about how to convince their next 'catch'to 'fall', didn't spend it listening to music that demeans them and fill their mouths with vulgar words, didn't spend it thinking about the next party to attend, didn't spend it cooking up lies to tell their parents to extort money from them as undergrads, didn't live with the belief that only fraudsters, corrupt politicians and ritualists become wealthy and rich, didn't spend it believing that they need a 'connection'to rise career-wise, didn't spend it blaming the government for their last fart. You know what they spent their hay days doing, they spent it thinking about their future, they spent it planning and executing same in pursuit of specific set out goals, they spent it studying about who, what and where they want to be in the next 5 years, they spent it listening to music that raised their spirit, they spent it thinking about how to live Godly, honestly, and prosper as well because they know it is not only possible, but the shortest route to living happily tomorrow, they spent it becoming the 'connection' others would need to rise, they spent it becoming a government unto their fellow men. These ones my friend are they who would become the youth leaders of tommorow, eventually becoming the leaders of tomorrow. Be wise, pray, plan and accept no negative thoughts and even the skies, won't be worthy of being called your starting point.
God bless u
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by butanep(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Poverty, ill luck and laziness has done a lot of damages to your thinking faculty.................at 30, many Nigerians have the charisma, the finesse, finance and the popularity to win in a free and fair election, elections all over the world are sponsored by well wishers

Mr man don't deceive yourself. There is no youth @ 30 that can fund electioneering process without the backing of a strong godfather or wealthy parents. The bill has nothing to do with the common youth in the street. They want to create avenue for their children to milk down the nation after they have done their.

What the youth actually want is enabling environment, power, and basis amenities. We can provided jobs and other things for ourselves when things are working smoothly.
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by obongitiad(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Beautiful! Now we talking about including young and fresh talents!

Hello beautifulwink
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Favben(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2016
computer0810:
Hmmmmmm,very soon a man of 60years will claim his under 20, where will d son or daughter of a common man get money for campaign

Hmm,
The son or daughter of a common man who is not knowledgeable enough to know how to get money for campaign has no business running for public office cos there is no way s/he could source funds to serve the electorate in their best interests if elected into office, don't you think?
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by 18SNVL: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by butanep(m): 10:06am On Jun 09, 2016
bot101:

Don't talk too much guy. First check the history of that guy. He must have come from a wealthy home bros. At that age, if not with family or parental support, you hardly get one in such age running business of millions.

Even the richest youth in Africa of 27 with a worth ranging billions of dollars inherited a miti-dollar business from the father.

How much have you made now at your age with your personal effort? Before you say people's story, first find their background.

Even as wealthy as Wizkid, he won't want to throw his millions into politics without the backing of a wealthy godfather.
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by 18SNVL: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by Dagaci1(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2016
bco there want dere children 2 continued 4r wer der stop.
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by 18SNVL: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by 18SNVL: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by dadebayo1(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2016
Opportunity to sponsor their children into positions... They are all growing old and feel it is time to slot their children in.. Create bills to hang corrupt politicians then i take our legislators seriously..
Re: Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading by bot101(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2016
MrBUN86:

Shut up man. Will they ever allow you challenge/contest with them? They will just kill u off. Book closed.

The truth is that they fought and WON the fight to be there, you equally must do same. If you can't fight and win, then you are unworthy of that position you desire. That there, is a basic fact of life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari / Army Arrests Two Boko Haram LG Bosses / Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.