Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Only Introverts Will Understand These - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Only Introverts Will Understand These (44479 Views)

10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) / 9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand / Only Ambiverts Will Understand These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by meltiplexer: 8:42am On Jun 17, 2016
IAMJojo:

hey can we talk privately,pure business,

ok give me your email
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by IAMJojo(m): 8:58am On Jun 17, 2016
meltiplexer:

ok give me your email
My mail is justblazing4@gmail.com hoping 2 hear frm u soonest
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 17, 2016
Thoughty2:

Yeah. I don't like making people feel they are so terrible and there's no hope for them. Yes everyone has his faults/weakness and yes we can improve on those faults or find a way to compensate for them.
For instance, I was a person who didn't use to feel comfortable about going out and meeting new people but I had to force myself repeatedly till i got used to it.
Though I'm not the hilarious type but I'm not scared or shy to express myself (I'm lucky enough to say funny things once in a while)
Moreover, I still enjoy being alone sometimes and that's how I get to refresh myself.

Good for you Thoughty2. Before you know it, you'll be the life of the party.:-)
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by XfStyle: 10:12am On Jun 17, 2016
Opistorincos:
@op have me met before cos this is so me... i am always going around with ma bae(laptop)
Me too smiley

1 Like

Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by XfStyle: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2016
Thoughty2:

Why life could be harder for introvets
2. Introverts are easily depressed. Usually because they are often misinterpreted, some times ignored by others (it seems as if they don't exist where they are). Coupled with the fact that they usually don't have someone to share their experiences with, they get depressed easipotential when they finally go out, the opposite sex will gravitate towards the extroverts and again it seems they don't exist

Being an introvert is not entirely bad though. There are some things I can still explain but I'll pause here for now
Yes,I get depressed often
Thought am alone
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by Eggheaded(m): 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
The OP nailed it, always with my phone when my friends are partying. Internet is an habit, game is my girlfriend & reading is my bossom friend.
I hate mass.
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by DharmyYinks: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
Thoughty2:

Why life could be harder for introverts
1. Introversion is usually interpreted by others as lack of confidence. And this alone means a lot. It will affect ur career, relationships, name it.
2. Introverts are easily depressed. Usually because they are often misinterpreted, some times ignored by others (it seems as if they don't exist where they are). Coupled with the fact that they usually don't have someone to share their experiences with, they get depressed easily.
3. Speaking of getting a spouse. It's difficult because in the first place introverts hardly want to go to public places so who will notice them well enough to fall in love with them or ask them out. And when they finally go out, the opposite sex will gravitate towards the extroverts and again it seems they don't exist (not all the time though)
4. Introverts will hardly realize their full potentials because they often don't want to take risks, meet new people or do new things. This would not put them in a position where they are forced to bring out those hidden skills or abilities that they have laying fallow in them. Therefore, they may not discover their gifts and abilities soon enough.

Being an introvert is not entirely bad though. There are some things I can still explain but I'll pause here for now

1. That is based on what others think. What matters is what you think bout ursef. If you find sum1 who gets you... I don't think it will affect your relationship.

.. That's true to point. Last time I checked.. introverts love solitude so I don't see how they get depressed by being ignored except if they wanna make a point sha. Again... introverts only choose whoever they wanna share their experience with and it depends on how comfortable they are with the person.

3. I think this is the most common misinterpretation of being an introvert. Introverts are adventurous peeps nd It's evident in how wide they think. They can go out BUT they rarely interact... They are like invisible in places nd they only retreat back home or sumwer silent to get recharged. And not being able to find a partner depends on "Each" introvert.

.. I agree with this point but that's because of the situation of this country. Even extroverts still find it diff to deduce what they wanna do with their life. I think most introverts are multi-talented which makes it diff to narrow down their real talents... the common ones are writing nd analytical thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by ewosk: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
seen 101% inline...nice one op
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by Wonder007: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
NIGERIANS need more education on introverts.
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by UjSizzle(f): 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
grin grin

And when I told someone 'honestly' that my reason for putting off a date was because I hadn't psyched myself enough to leave the house, he thought I was being weird undecided

People often tend to call introverts 'anti social'. I think they can be pretty sociable when they want to-- it's just not their default state.
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by ayanbaba2(m): 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
now I know am not "Alone"
God bless OP!!!
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by pelij18(m): 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
nneh1:

To you it is oblivion but to me is great happiness. No regrets.
Happy birthday.
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by nneh1(f): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2016
pelij18:
Happy birthday.

Thanks how did you know it is my birthday?
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by pelij18(m): 11:55am On Jun 30, 2016
nneh1:

Thanks how did you know it is my birthday?
lol, came accross it on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
Can relate with some of them.
Re: Only Introverts Will Understand These by iceboy4752(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2018
Hello fellow introverts!
Click on the link below to join our newly created "Introverts Lounge" goup on Facebook. Please extroverts back-off!
Hello fellow Introvert!
Join our newly created "Introvert Lounge" through this link:
https://m./242444873197623?refid=46&__xts__%5B0%5D=12.%7B%22unit_id_click_type%22%3A%22graph_search_results_item_tapped%22%2C%22click_type%22%3A%22result%22%2C%22module_id%22%3A1%2C%22result_id%22%3A242444873197623%2C%22session_id%22%3A%22d4bffe4abaffef87b8b129653715b19a%22%2C%22module_role%22%3A%22ENTITY_GROUPS%22%2C%22unit_id%22%3A%22browse_rl%3Ab9d1d874-41ad-e94a-b5ab-f73dfeb39fb3%22%2C%22browse_result_type%22%3A%22browse_type_group%22%2C%22unit_id_result_id%22%3A242444873197623%2C%22module_result_position%22%3A0%7D

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do In Your 20s To Avoid Regrets In Your Later Life / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.