Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today (17919 Views)

Fg’s School Feeding Project Starts Poorly — Investigation / The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by maximunimpact(m): 4:50am On Jun 09, 2016
Federal government will today lunch the school feeding programme, which is expected to ensure the feeding of over 24 million primary school children, would have each of the children given one meal per day in the first year of its operation.

The scheme is part of the N500 billion social investment plans of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Presidency, even as both the federal and state governments are expected to review the strategic plan for the scheme.

The event is billed to hold at the Old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Some dignitaries expected to be in attendance include governors of Borno, Oyo, Osun, Enugu and Kaduna states, and other government representatives and stakeholders from 36 states of the federation and developmental partners.

According to a statement from the Office of the Acting President, the strategic plans will run until 2020 and forms the cornerstone of the nationwide Home Grown School Feeding programme.
The statement added that “the Federal Government is working with key technical partners to capitalize upon global experience and adopt best practices.”

One such partner is the UK’s Imperial College, London’s Partnership for Child Development, PCD, which is providing technical assistance to the Presidency. The scheme is to help pupils become better students, and also boost the local economies, and create new jobs along the way.
Beside the strategic plan, Osinbajo would also launch the “Global School Feeding Sourcebook: Lessons from 14 countries,” a joint Partnership for Child Development, the World Bank and World Food Programme analysis of national school feeding programmes from across the globe.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/09/fg-school-feeding-programme-launch-today/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by peezeygwiny(m): 5:05am On Jun 09, 2016
cool
Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Acermoon(m): 5:07am On Jun 09, 2016
Alhamdulillah

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by emotions1: 5:10am On Jun 09, 2016
ba hali Kuga post sai kunyi commenting....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by marwanafrica: 5:17am On Jun 09, 2016
Good move, I love this kind of news it gives hope to the hopeless nigerians, I pray that days of stagnant progress are over in nigeria

31 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by marwanafrica: 5:18am On Jun 09, 2016
Good move, I love this kind of news it gives hope to the hopeless nigerians, I pray that days of stagnant progress are over in nigeria.
Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Lanretoye(m): 5:21am On Jun 09, 2016
I think Bahari should extend his vacation,the acting president is acting.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by greatiyk4u(m): 5:24am On Jun 09, 2016
The wind of change is blowing..............We shall get there!

7 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by amaechi1: 5:31am On Jun 09, 2016
Lanretoye:

Please, don't sound like an infant. There are processes and timing. The absence of PMB has nothing to do with commencement of the programme. They simply have to put things together and marshal out a strategy. The VP cannot approve a milestone programme without the endorsement of his boss.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by babdap: 5:32am On Jun 09, 2016
I just hoped that the pupil won't dessert school after eating their meals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 09, 2016
God Bless PMB

God Bless PYO

God Bless NGR

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by tayebest(m): 5:57am On Jun 09, 2016
Lanretoye:

Its just the timing factor! cool

3 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by tayebest(m): 5:57am On Jun 09, 2016
wailers won't like this!

At least their hungry children can go to school to eat now grin grin

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by naijaboy756: 5:59am On Jun 09, 2016
Suffocating Zombies seem to be having little air to breathe.

11 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by tayebest(m): 6:03am On Jun 09, 2016
naijaboy756:
Suffocating Zombies WAILERS seem to be having little air to breathe.
fixed cool

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by dayo23(f): 6:17am On Jun 09, 2016
In Buhari's absence everything seems to be gettin better, experiencing some positive change.The old man should remain in london permanently till 2019, infact his cows and sheeps should be send to london so he can continue rearing them overthere

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by ObiOkpor(m): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2016
Food wey headmaster's and headmistress'es of various schools will hijack and divert into family business. No be Naija we dey?
Corruption is everywhere. Hope it lasts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Abeymills(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2016
Pls bubuhari jst remain where u are u are cursed in ur absence d acting president has started wat u should have been doing yeye president
Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by gbaskiboy: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2016
Good scheme if it can achieve its aim. I know this will bring many strayed away students back to school. Nigeria is getting better, however,

Light

Water

Creation of Jobs

Infrastructural developments

And others things that make life easier should be given priority too

1 Like

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by temodent(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2016
Abeymills:
Pls bubuhari jst remain where u are u are cursed in ur absence d acting president has started wat u should have been doing yeye president

it's obvious who is actually cursed.

2 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by stanech: 6:53am On Jun 09, 2016
Am I the only one who doesn't buy into this stupid feeding idea ? Why feed school children when they don't even have chairs to sit on and materials to write with, Talk about misplaced priorities

Besides, where will the money come from? Is it sustainable? Remember the failed state of Osun

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Mylove55(f): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2016
Lanretoye:
pmb has done his part- which is planning, is time for v.p to do his part-which is launching of d plan, then implementation,
Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Mylove55(f): 7:36am On Jun 09, 2016
stanech:
Am I the only one who doesn't buy into this stupid feeding idea ? Why feed school children when they don't even have chairs to sit on and materials to write with, where will the money come from? Is it sustainable? Remember the failed state of Osun
d 500b naira ur ineffectual buffoon and his gang use to corner to their pocket every year is enof to substain d program

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by stanech: 7:42am On Jun 09, 2016
Mylove55:
d 500b naira ur ineffectual buffoon and his gang use to corner to their pocket every year is enof to substain d program

Yea but that doesn't mean we need to start feeding kids. How about cutting taxes and providing electricity so companies can grow and provide more jobs.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by keezago(m): 7:43am On Jun 09, 2016
you are not making sense dude.
dayo23:
In Buhari's absence everything seems to be gettin better, experiencing some positive change.The old man should remain in london permanently till 2019, infact his cows and sheeps should be send to london so he can continue rearing them overthere

2 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Mylove55(f): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2016
naijaboy756:
Suffocating Zombies seem to be having little air to breathe.
and u saTANist ipod wailers wil never be happy for any good thing

9 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by valslove8715(f): 7:53am On Jun 09, 2016
Good development, hope ll be able to manage it properly till d end. A principal diverting oranges meant for school children as little as his grandchildren makes me shudder. Though am optimistic that Nigeria ll be great again.

1 Like

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by shaddoww: 8:36am On Jun 09, 2016
Everybody thinking dis programme will fail should keep their worries, it will succeed because there is already a template, State of Osun is already running the programme n it's very successful without being hijacked by the school teachers.

10 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by shaddoww: 8:37am On Jun 09, 2016
valslove8715:
Good development, hope ll be able to manage it properly till d end. A principal diverting oranges meant for school children as little as his grandchildren makes me shudder. Though am optimistic that Nigeria ll be great again.
the way it is being done in Osun, the teachers don't av any influence on d food vendors.

3 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by shaddoww: 8:40am On Jun 09, 2016
stanech:

Yea but that doesn't mean we need to start feeding kids. How about cutting taxes and providing electricity so companies can grow and provide more jobs.
it's actually one of unicef's programme which they brought to Nigeria in 2007 n started with 7 stares but it's only sustained by Osun. And it's wat is being done in developed countries. One of d benefits is dat it brings more foreign partnership n foreign aid.

6 Likes

Re: FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today by Kangol99(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2016
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idris Visits Troubled Areas In Ikorodu, Lagos / NECA Says Staff of Organised Private Sector Not Part of NLC Strike (Read) / Today Is Remembrance Sunday (100th Anniversary Of The End Of World War 1).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.