Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene (65747 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola’s Marriage Crashes - TheCapital.NG Claims / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife Arrive US / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Dirkcoyt: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Oranyan was a G lol. The guy conquered and built dynasties everywhere with his manhood - and not by being a warrior lol. The guy just smashed a Bini woman, impregnated her, and left his seed there to rule over them. Left the place to start Oyo in Katunga, lost the place but he fvcked a next woman and impregnated her. Left the place for Ife and allowed his offspring to start a new Oyo in Oyo Ile lol.

That's my nyggah right there and the obelisk in Ife represents the greatness of his manhood (no homo) Loool.
I'm planning to shag a bini lady we graduated together but she be running and playing the religion game, I think imma pick the books of how to smash a bini pum from oranyan bruh! This possies need to be conquered again! Hell yeah, I've got brothers conquering their shitty as5 in italy again!

I've got love for all the bini big boooty women! Say me HI to that bini son with a low esteem dick grin grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
saintdennis:

Lols bro I don't know ooo... but the beauty of benin culture is tradition remains tradition.
thanks bros for ur matured response and reaction. we learn everyday. the guy above you disgusts me so terribly but i dont blame him though. that is how far his maturity could go
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Codes151(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
Blastfinito:

And have you forgotten that the permanent ruler of Benin kingdom is from Ile-Ife? You should read between the lines when next you attend your history class.
When next u write do a bit of research especially about sth you have no idea of! What's the meaning of permanent ruler of what what!? Are u okay? If ur referring to The Oyo Empire from the mid-17th? When the aurgument was about the Benin dynasty which maintained its ground rather than subject to slavery like others did! Those states close to water became a means of tp for them! The question u should ask urself is where did it start from? Slave trade!! Mr
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by glossy6(f): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Yorubanews:

Bight of Biafra is the SLAVE COAST. Check your history book. Your people sold each other for mirrors.

How come we have the point of no return in Badagry? Na biafrans pass there? Over sabi husband

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Codes151(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
AreaFada2:

My dear, very funny how little history people know. Bight of Benin was never called Slave Coast, for example. Benin today has no freed slave diaspora because the Oba did everything to protects Benins (not Binis as often wrongly written) from slavery. Even sending royal spies to slave holding cells at Ughoton/Gwatto to codedly check for any Edo speakers stolen by slave robbers and raiders.
Often many people from former vassal lands accuse Benin of selling them as slaves, while never selling Benin people. Complete nonsense.

Benin spent a lot of expense on mercenary soldiers to complement Benin/other Edoid tribes soldiers in imperial wars.

Benin had a disadvantage of low population so it badly needed colonies/vassal lands to help provide more soldiers. So selling slaves in in vassal lands was not in Benin's interest.

In fact, the elites in vassal chiefdoms/lands/kingdoms lobbied to let slave trade in their own lands to continue. To avoid too much rebellion from colonies, Oba had to agree but passed a decree that "No Benin person shall be sold as a slave, and no Benin person shall buy or sell a slave".
Effectively forbidding Benin from slave trade. This was about 200 years before Britain abolished slavery in 1807.

This decree that was made imperative because the elites of other tribes (within the empire) who wanted to continue slave trade is used to claim that Benin sold other tribes as slaves.

A European slave trader travelled from Benin to Ughoton. According to his diary, on the way, he saw about 100 slaves for sale. On asking, he found out that no slave or trader was a Benin person.

A record of slave origins (where they were bought from) as recorded by European slave traders, was on a thread here some years back. It confirmed that. Benin was missing from origin/trade areas of slaves.

Of course one cannot say that no Benin person ever sold a slave. Just like narcotics are banned by every government, but some people still illegally sell. But if caught, serious punishment.

Pls tell them! Because I stil dont understand y blastinfinito posted ' the permanent ruler on Benin was from Ile ife' seriously, been thinking the relation to the fact we said the Benin empire Is the most reputable! In the whole of naija
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Mikeiron78(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
Anyone paid attention that he is traveling with his wife , NOT wives and why? The United States does not recognize polygamous marriage.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:
A journey to unite Yorubas in the US? Well, what airline would his entourage use? Oyibo people chopping black man's money day in day out, and see them...no shame
WHY YOUR RANT.IS HE GOING ON THE TRIP FROM YOUR PURSE OR WAS THE JOURNEY BEING FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT?.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by spookydee(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
baba travelled yesterday with his entourage with Arik to Newyork
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by saintdennis(m): 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Bini son, are the Ogisos still planning to parachute ya Oba, his throne, dynasty, and crown back to Ife - or have they changed their mind?

You just can't change the Yoruba influence/blood/dynasty that put Bini on the map. Ogisos need to smoke some weed and chill lol.

Lol 'put benin on the map'? Rotfl

Benin empire that annexed part of former yoruba territory that is today called onDO? Lmao.

This is d truth bruh... Benin oba has yoruba blood, but HE IS NOT A YORUBA(only those well versed in beni history understand)

His father who was a yoruba man was UNABLE to rule the land.

Our ogiso's invented weed na, abi bros no lie o. When Yoruba's start to weed wella? Lols na we (edo n ss boys in general) spoil una na grin. Awon mummy's boy full yorubaland na
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by ceejay4real(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
dainformant:
Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II and his queen Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi were pictured at Murtala Muhammed International Airport on their way to USA for an event to unite Africans especially the Yorubas in the North American country.

The monarch who has been lately criticized for his too many journeys and visits -pulled a massive crowd at the departure wing of the airport -as people gathered to catch a glimpse of him....

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/06/ooni-of-ifeand-his-wife-cause-scene-at.html

Nigeria the only Republic in the world with an uncountable number of monarchs. Just wondering why the Colonial masters or the military government of the 60's didn't abolish them. They are one of Nigeria's numerous problems! Nigeria is indeed a madhouse!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by AreaFada2: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
Codes151:

Pls tell them! Because I stil dont understand y blastinfinito posted ' the permanent ruler on Benin was from Ile ife' seriously, been thinking the relation to the fact we said the Benin empire Is the most reputable! In the whole of naija
My dear, I have tried educating many tribal supremacists here for many years now.

The same argument broke out earlier this year & late last year after very unguarded utterances by Alake of Abeokuta & Olu of Warri about Ooni of Ife being senior to Oba of Benin.

Read the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=oranmiyan+did+not+set+foot+in+benin&search=Search

To begin with, Olu of Warri cannot know because the first Olu of Warri was the son of Oba Olua of Benin (reigned 1473-1480AD). Any connection of Olu of Warri to Ododuwa is through Benin, so it is Benin who will tell him who his ancestors are. Just like Ashipa the first Eleko (now called Oba) of Lagos was a Benin Prince.

I'm happy to see young people like you showing interest in your illustrious history. Because if you don't, other people will try to twist it and write in their favour.

Ododuwa (Izoduwa) was Prince Ekaladerhan of Benin. He was exiled and made his way to Ife. When he was eventually made ruler of Ife, he said Izoduwa, Ima ghi d'oduwa meaning " I did not miss my destiny".

But Ogiso Owodo, his father died in Benin with no heir. Eventually Benin chiefs learnt that Ekaladerhan was in fact now ruler of Ife. They went to bring him back but he refused. Maybe he was now old or the sad memory of banishment was still fresh or some other reason. But he later sent his son Oranmiyan to Benin.

Therefore, Benin is the father of Ododuwa and all Obas in Yorubaland that descended from Ododuwa.
Don't let anyone use modern politics of large population to deceive you.

Rome was just a city with a fairly small population, but went on to dominate the world through Roman Empire that spanned much of Europe, Asia & North Africa.

So was Benin in the South-Eastern part of West Africa from 1440 to 1897 AD.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Shym3xx: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
saintdennis:

Lol 'put benin on the map'? Rotfl

Benin empire that annexed part of former yoruba territory that is today called onDO? Lmao.

This is d truth bruh... Benin oba has yoruba blood, but HE IS NOT A YORUBA(only those well versed in beni history understand)

His father who was a yoruba man was UNABLE to rule the land.

Our ogiso's invented weed na, abi bros no lie o. When Yoruba's start to weed wella? Lols na we (edo n ss boys in general) spoil una na grin. Awon mummy's boy full yorubaland na

Lmao @ Bini revisionism. When posting to me, don't even call Bini Kingdom an empire - it was a KINGDOM, not an empire. In fact, nothing about it was original. The dynasty, crown, and blood that started the Kingdom came from Ife (they're still the only ruling dynasty). Your knowledge of artworks and a lot of your early artisans were from Ife and Owo. Almost all your gods are Yoruba gods. Your clothes and knowledge of moat came from Ijebu. There's no originality about ya lousy kingdom.

Bini historians are known to be the most compulsive liars ever and, they've been like that since the beginning of time. So I'm not surprised at ya revisionism. You mean the same Ondo (Owo), where ya Oba (I think it was Ehengbuda) was almost slaughtered and that was the catalyst that made ya Obas to stop going to war-front? And the same reason why Binis have Iwu body marks today? He was lucky Owo folks didn't behead him lol. I bet they must've left him alone cos they know he had Oduduwa's blood flowing in his veins and decided to leave him with marks he'll remember lol.

If ya Oba isn't Yoruba, why is the Ogisos family crying then? Read this:

Family of late Oba of Benin are tenants in the kingdom?

The Ogiamien family may have created a major controversy with its recent stand that the family of the Oba of Benin are tenants in the kingdom who were given a special privilege by the Ogiamien family. There has been a seeming unending supremacy battle between the oba’s family and that of the Ogiamien.

Giving details of how the treaty came into existence, the family said Erebo was the king of Igodomigodo, now known as Benin, when Oramiyan from Ile-Ife, a Yoruba town, came to invade and forcefully took occupation of a certain portion of the kingdom. “The Ogiamien is the custodian of the 32 previous Ogisos that had ruled Igodomigodo and the aborigine Binis for over 300 years before the forceful introduction of obaship against the decision of the aborigine Binis while the Oba of Benin (the family) are descendants of the sixth Ooni of Ife, Oba Oramiyan, the son of Okanbi. “Therefore, it would be difficult for Ogiamien to pledge allegiance to an invader – Oba of Benin – who is also a tenant,” the family added.

The Ogiamien family also pooh-poohed a claim by the Oba of Benin that Oduduwa, the progenitor of the Yoruba race, migrated from Bini. Describing the claim as completely false, it added that the Yoruba race is older than the Bini empire before the invasion. “Oba Eweka dynasty has no relationship whatsoever with the Ogiso/Ogiamien dynasty and they are now forcing themselves into our dynasty by fraudulently claiming that Prince Eheneden Erediauwa is now the 70th ruler of Benin kingdom. “This is completely false. They are descendants of Oramiyan,” the family said adding that to hide history, the oba dynasty stopped sending the remains of the Oba of Benin to Ile Ife upon their demise as directed by Oba Eweka 1. The family called on Prince Eheneden to prepare for the re-enactment of the treaty with their own recognised king, Rich Arisco Osemwengie. It also warned that any attempt to circumvent the treaty would be unacceptable.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/832915-controversy-crown-prince-eheneden-erediuwa-tenant-benin-kingdom.html

^^^So, are you saying the family of the Ogisos, who're the original rulers of Bini, are lying? They have no reason whatsoever to lie and they gave the real version of history.

Summary:

- Oranmiyan, a Yoruba prince, from Ile-Ife, invaded and forcefully took occupation of a certain portion of the kingdom.

- Yoruba race's older than the Bini kingdom before the invasion.

Btw, Bini never had a kingdom during the reign of the Ogisos. It became a Kingdom, after a Yoruba man started a dynasty there. Learn ya history, little brother.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Shym3xx: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
Dirkcoyt:

I'm planning to shag a bini lady we graduated together but she be running and playing the religion game, I think imma pick the books of how to smash a bini pum from oranyan bruh! This possies need to be conquered again! Hell yeah, I've got brothers conquering their shitty as5 in italy again!

I've got love for all the bini big boooty women! Say me HI to that bini son with a low esteem dick grin grin

Loool.

You need to pick 'em in twos and let 'em kiss you before the ménage à trois. grin

Bini chics can get super juicy sometimes and they always have very high libido. So you need to keep at least three bananas handy (one at every interval for three rounds); a bottle of cognac or vodka; and if you smoke weed, you need a bit of puffing. Just make sure you pound as hard as you can, while hitting all the corners/angles/spots in the pum and make her scream till her voice is gone. Beat it to smithereens and make the pum sweat and fart loool. Once you're done - she'll basically just sleep off like a plank lol. That right there is the conquering Oranyan treatment. grin grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by saintdennis(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ Bini revisionism. When posting to me, don't even call Bini Kingdom an empire - it was a KINGDOM, not an empire. In fact, nothing about it was original. The dynasty, crown, and blood that started the Kingdom came from Ife (they're still the only ruling dynasty). Your knowledge of artworks and a lot of your early artisans were from Ife and Owo. Almost all your gods are Yoruba gods. Your clothes and knowledge of moat came from Ijebu. There's no originality about ya lousy kingdom.

Bini historians are known to be the most compulsive liars ever and, they've been like that since the beginning of time. So I'm not surprised at ya revisionism. You mean the same Ondo (Owo), where ya Oba (I think it was Ehengbuda) was almost slaughtered and that was catalyst that made ya Obas to stop going to war-front? And the same reason why Bini have Iwu body marks today? He was lucky Owo folks didn't behead him lol. I bet they must've left him alone cos they know he had Oduduwa's blood flowing in his veins and decided to leave him with marks he'll remember lol.

If ya Oba isn't Yoruba, why is the Ogisos family crying then? Read this:

^^^So, are you saying the family of the Ogisos, who're the original rulers of Bini, are lying? They have no reason whatsoever to lie and they gave the real version of history.

Summary:

- Oranmiyan, a Yoruba prince, from Ile-Ife, invaded and forcefully took occupation of a certain portion of the kingdom.

- Yoruba race is older than the Bini kingdom before the invasion.

Btw, Bini never had a kingdom during the reign of the Ogisos. It became a Kingdom, after a Yoruba man started a dynasty there. Learn ya history, little brother.
Lemme enlighten you point by point.
#benin was an empire(i refer to the pics attached)

Now if u deny this facts then no need discussing with u
*benin conquered Owo infact AKURE is /was part of benin empire also we conquered lagos island, dahomey, as well as delta, onitsha etc

Bight of benin was in use when present day benin republic was called dahomey so no argument it was named after benin empire.

Do you agree with the above statements? If not then consult Google.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Dirkcoyt: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Loool.

You need to pick 'em in twos and let 'em kiss you before the ménage à trois. grin

Bini chics can get super juicy sometimes and they always have very high libido. So you need to keep at least three bananas handy (one at every interval for three rounds); a bottle of cognac or vodka; and if you smoke weed, you need a bit of puffing. Just make sure you pound as hard as you can, while hitting all the corners/angles/spots in pum and make her scream till her voice is gone. Beat it to smithereens and make the pum sweat and fart loool. Once you're done - she'll basically just sleep off like a plank lol. That right there is the conquering Oranyan treatment. grin grin

Mah'Nigger gringrin

I'm not taking my time bro, I need to climb this bini chic like I'm some mountain bikes lmao! grin

Why I love bini chics, they get mad easily, I do like to see her scream my name! I just do ma'thang!

And big brethren, I've been your fan since your first moniker till the end of existence. Duke of ijebuland.

Oranyan connection grin

By the time I'm through, dick be looking innocent like tha' Asap rocky image! grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Shym3xx: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
saintdennis:

*benin conquered Owo infact AKURE is /was part of benin empire also we conquered lagos island, dahomey, as well as delta, onitsha etc

Bight of benin was in use when present day benin republic was called dahomey so no argument it was named after benin empire.

Lmao @ using a wikipedia page created by lousy edo revisionists.

Lmao @ bini conquering a Dahomey it never even had contacts with. Lmao @ Bini conquering Eko, when the King owns nothing there. Lmao @ bini conquering Owo.

Lmao @ ya life.

Read more. Anyway, tell the Ogisos family to take a chill pill and smoke some weed.The Yoruba dynasty ruling bini is there to stay till the end of time. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Shym3xx: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Dirkcoyt:

Mah'Nigger gringrin

I'm not taking my time bro, I need to climb this bini chic like I'm some mountain bikes lmao! grin

Why I love bini chics, they get mad easily, I do like to see her scream my name! I just do ma'thang!

And big brethren, I've been your fan since your first moniker till the end of existence. Duke of ijebuland.

Oranyan connection grin

By the time I'm through, dick be looking innocent like tha' Asap rocky image! grin

Lmao @ Asap rocky's image with the obelisk. I bet the bini chic will create a kingdom for you to lord over till the end of time as well. grin

Bini chics got that ol'good juicy pums...even Oranyan couldn't resist them and his son, Eweka had to stay there. grin grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Dirkcoyt: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ Asap rocky's image with the obelisk. I bet the bini chic will create a kingdom for you to lord over till the end of time as well. grin

Bini chics got that ol'good juicy pums...even Oranyan couldn't resist them and his son, Eweka had to stay there. grin grin

Yeah, the chic be telling me she's jehovah witness, tha' if I'm gon take that possay down I have to go to kingdom hall with her, I'm like, hell NO! No way I'm gon carry handbags to my neighbourhood and start giving their books just cause I can get the pum!

The chic on hold at the moment, she pass down a friend of hers for me though, now that's a good chic!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by saintdennis(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ bini conquering a Dahomey it never even had contacts with. Lmao @ Bini conquering Eko, when the King owns nothing there. Lmao @ bini conquering Owo.

Lmao @ ya life.

Read more. Anyway, tell the Ogisos family to take a chill pill and smoke some weed.The Yoruba dynasty ruling bini is there to stay till the end of time. grin grin

Smh here I thought I was In a discussion until I checked out ur other posts!

Mehn I should check the page posts b4 replying mentions.

How old are you?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Shym3xx: 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
Dirkcoyt:

Yeah, the chic be telling me she's jehovah witness, tha' if I'm gon take that possay down I have to go to kingdom hall with her, I'm like, hell NO! No way I'm gon carry handbags to my neighbourhood and start giving their books just cause I can get the pum!

The chic on hold at the moment, she pass down a friend of hers for me though, now that's a good chic!

Lol, you shouldn't have passed on the invite to kingdom. Puzzy is free but sometimes you just have to sacrifice a bit to boost their self-esteem, before they give you the pum lol. Some chic invited me to the Jehovah Witness Church as well and I was reluctant at first, but I went after she kept troubling me. And their service ain't that bad. I actually liked it. It's like a seminar but very short and interesting - unlike the other Churches.

Also, these days, when I meet a new chic...I just think of something creative no guy most likely has never done for her. I might just stylishly as for her work address and surprise her with some roses and red wine. Or do something random and crazy that she most likely has never done with any other guy. That way, with the little sacrifice, you'll make her soften up a bit put yourself on her mind lol. You know 'em chics get emotionally connected to guys easily, once you penetrate whatever shell they've around them lol.

Brev, two for the price of one - don't let Oranyan down. You gat get 'em both. grin grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by AjaanaOka(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
saintdennis:

Er...you did not conquer Onitsha, bro.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by ArahCharles: 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
jazinogold:
undecided
King Dosumu started it since 1861
mirror to slave trade Biz.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Shym3xx: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
saintdennis:

Smh here I thought I was In a discussion until I checked out ur other posts!

Mehn I should check the page posts b4 replying mentions.

How old are you?

Old enough to be ya Tutor, hence I'm tutoring you on ya own history. grin

M0ron.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by saintdennis(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Old enough to be ya Tutor, hence I'm tutoring you on ya own history. grin

M0ron.

PLEASE grow up... and to think you someone's son? Smh.

Your parents must. Be so proud. They raised an Internet troll.

Done replying you. Take care
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by saintdennis(m): 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
AjaanaOka:

Er...you did not conquer Onitsha, bro.

It's all good bro... na word of mouth all our forefathers sabi.

As far as our forefathers no write anything down then all. Na wash. Lol

*meant no offence *
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Shym3xx: 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
saintdennis:

PLEASE grow up... and to think you someone's son? Smh.

Your parents must. Be so proud. They raised an Internet troll.

Done replying you. Take care

Lol.

Monkey, I just tutored you on ya own history.

And make sure you relay my message to the flying ogisos...they need to smoke some weed and leave the Yoruba's Oba dynasty alone. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Wyttcat: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
Lies!

Ooni is the spiritual leader, the paramount king is Alaafin. Alake a 2nd class oba rigged the ranking in his favor and fellow 2nd class Obas, that's why he couldn't show his evidence.

Oba of Benin is not a real oba but a prince(omo n'oba) The Itsekiri are directly related to Yoruba, that's why my Ijebu dialect is word for word the same as Itsekiri. In fact I understand Itsekiri better than Egba that shares state with me. Benin are not directly related to Yoruba, but some Edo do.

And all those nonsense about Oduduwa coming from Benin is fantasy and scam, and only in your tales by.moonlight. Your only undeniable fact in Yoruba/Benin history that is, an Ife Prince is your first Oba, already settles it. We rule over you, you use Yoruba language and names till tomorrow. The conqueror's language and name hold sway, just like British and English.

The original inhabitants of Oranmiyan Bini are the Itsekiri and Olukunmi, they spoke Yoruba dialect and still do.

The modern day Benin people were not the Oranmiyan people, they probably drove the original Bini(Itsekiri and Olukunmi) to their present abode when Oranmiyan left.
AreaFada2:

My dear, I have tried educating many tribal supremacists here for many years now.

The same argument broke out earlier this year & late last year after very unguarded utterances by Alake of Abeokuta & Olu of Warri about Ooni of Ife being senior to Oba of Benin.

Read the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=oranmiyan+did+not+set+foot+in+benin&search=Search

To begin with, Olu of Warri cannot know because the first Olu of Warri was the son of Oba Olua of Benin (reigned 1473-1480AD). Any connection of Olu of Warri to Ododuwa is through Benin, so it is Benin who will tell him who his ancestors are. Just like Ashipa the first Eleko (now called Oba) of Lagos was a Benin Prince.

I'm happy to see young people like you showing interest in your illustrious history. Because if you don't, other people will try to twist it and write in their favour.

Ododuwa (Izoduwa) was Prince Ekaladerhan of Benin. He was exiled and made his way to Ife. When he was eventually made ruler of Ife, he said Izoduwa, Ima ghi d'oduwa meaning " I did not miss my destiny".

But Ogiso Owodo, his father died in Benin with no heir. Eventually Benin chiefs learnt that Ekaladerhan was in fact now ruler of Ife. They went to bring him back but he refused. Maybe he was now old or the sad memory of banishment was still fresh or some other reason. But he later sent his son Oranmiyan to Benin.

Therefore, Benin is the father of Ododuwa and all Obas in Yorubaland that descended from Ododuwa.
Don't let anyone use modern politics of large population to deceive you.

Rome was just a city with a fairly small population, but went on to dominate the world through Roman Empire that spanned much of Europe, Asia & North Africa.

So was Benin in the South-Eastern part of West Africa from 1440 to 1897 AD.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Wyttcat: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
This one is the wife for the gods oo!
Ooni is not yet married. When the cleansing rituals are over, he will be getting married to a lot of women lined up as gifts for him.

Mikeiron78:
Anyone paid attention that he is traveling with his wife , NOT wives and why? The United States does not recognize polygamous marriage.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:24am On Jun 10, 2016
Evathyst:
Ooni of Ife cannot be praised with that 'appellate' Iku Baba Yeye! That's the Alaafin on Oyo's appellate. Get your facts right please!

Alaafin is the one hailed as 'Iku Baba Yeye, ojo pa sekere omo atiba...'
guy, thats ur problem...........i call who i wanna call what i wanna call.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by Evathyst(f): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

guy, thats ur problem...........i call who i wanna call what i wanna call.
See why you'll never learn? Arrogance!

A person who is ignorant of a fact shouldn't be so arrogant to learn it. Anyways, maybe it's congenital sha. That's your cup of kunu though. tongue

For the records, I'm not a guy. So please, open your eyes when quoting people next time. angry

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Peace!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by AreaFada2: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
Lies!

Ooni is the spiritual leader, the paramount king is Alaafin. Alake a 2nd class oba rigged the ranking in his favor and fellow 2nd class Obas, that's why he couldn't show his evidence.

Oba of Benin is not a real oba but a prince(omo n'oba) The Itsekiri are directly related to Yoruba, that's why my Ijebu dialect is word for word the same as Itsekiri. In fact I understand Itsekiri better than Egba that shares state with me. Benin are not directly related to Yoruba, but some Edo do.

And all those nonsense about Oduduwa coming from Benin is fantasy and scam, and only in your tales by.moonlight. Your only undeniable fact in Yoruba/Benin history that is, an Ife Prince is your first Oba, already settles it. We rule over you, you use Yoruba language and names till tomorrow. The conqueror's language and name hold sway, just like British and English.

The original inhabitants of Oranmiyan Bini are the Itsekiri and Olukunmi, they spoke Yoruba dialect and still do.

The modern day Benin people were not the Oranmiyan people, they probably drove the original Bini(Itsekiri and Olukunmi) to their present abode when Oranmiyan left.

Hahahahaha!

You seem very ignorant of history. Another Yoruba man thinking a large ethnic group means historical supremacy.

Who said all Itsekiri are Edo? Do you know the history of Itsekhiri monarchy or you just talk for nothing? In fact your knowledge of history is abysmal. Itsekiri are a mix of aboriginal people, plus much Ijebu, a little Owo & Benin elite (Olu & Benin nobility that accompanied him to his new costal domain).

No genuine member of Itsekiri royal family ever denied they are descendants of Prince Ginuwa, the son of Oba Olua of Benin.
Let me and you go to Ode Itsekhiri and ask. I challenge you.

The title Oba Olua gave to his son was Ogiame, meaning Lord of the Seas/gods/goddesses. A position that necessitated an oath to Olokun (river goddess). Being sent as a duke over the coast on Bight of Benin. Check what happened in Warri what happened when last Olu of Warri tried to remove Ogiame title from his name in 2013. He was asked to leave throne, for trying to dump the title they brought from Benin and he quickly abandoned the plan. Google it.

Again you don't know Benin language. Omo n'Oba is not same as Omo Oba (Yoruba). Ask what you don't know. Omo Oba equals Ovbioba or Okoro in Benin language.

The title Oba was used in Benin way before Oranmiyan. It was used as Oba-godo of Igodomigodo as title by Ogisos pre-Ododuwa.

Half of my people in my village in Edo speak a language 80% similar to Olukumi. Olukumi, like a dialect spoken in my village is from Owo Yoruba. Like Olukumi, they were immigrants from Eastern Yorubaland in imperial times. Sometimes now called Ado-Akure (Edo n'Ekue in Benin). Diaspora Ado-Akure litter Ondo & Ekiti states today. We are very conscious of our history. Both the Yoruba & Benin side.

As for language & conquest, Benin did not have the population to populate colonies or spread the language. Benin even used paid mercenaries (like Romans & others did too) to prosecute imperial wars. These were recorded by Europeans who accompanied Oba Esigie & Ozolua to conquest wars Eastern Yoruba land. And there was no written language. Instead princes were sent to rule over them according to local culture.

Please read history widely before you display ignorance in a public forum.

Trying to use ogboju to twist history won't work. Yoruba write their history, Benin write theirs. But Benin history makes more sense, even scientifically, because I cannot imagine Ododuwa coming from Arabia or Sudan or Yemen or wherever. With what, a dragon or a phoenix? Or even using chain to climb down from heaven. grin cheesy

He travelled only about 140 miles from Benin to Ife, entering from the East to become Ododuwa. Who is father of most Yoruba rulers. That is the only thing settled.

Tell your fairy-tale story to your 4 years old niece, she won't even believe you. grin cheesy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene by AreaFada2: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ ya life.

Shymex, do you deny that Oba Akintoye told the British that Oba of Benin confirms who should be Eleko of Eko in 1853?
Do you deny that Benin conquered the Aworis before Ashipa, a Benin prince became first Eleko of Eko?
Do you also disagree that Benin sacked Akure in 1833?

I have Ga people from Osu area of Accra as inlaws and friends. All are quite aware that they came from Benin originally. How did they get there?
Do you know that Late president Eyadema traced his origins to Edo?

Do you know why Mathieu Kerekou sought permission of Oba of Benin to adopt the name Benin as new name of Dahomey in the 1970s?
Did you ask why he did not choose Oyo, Egba, Ife, Ijebu, Kano, kanem Borno, Sokoto, etc that are very famous kingdoms/emirates?

We are all educated. Let's put tribalism aside and look at things dispassionately. Objectively.

The truth after all will make all of us wiser. Not that there are $billions at stake in losing the argument? cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Importance Attached To The 2nd Child(orlu) In Igbo Culture. / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.