Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815117 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2007
for my non yoruba speaking brothers, that means, "na im mama e resemble" cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rushnovski(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2007
Heard someone on the floor is using biro and paper to write all the results for today. Afterwards, dem go scan am put for board. undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
@rushnovski

pls tell me u are joking!!! please!!

by the way, welcome back
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
rushnovski:

Heard someone on the floor is using biro and paper to write all the results for today. Afterwards, them go scan am put for board. undecided

haba,

eyin aye! ki lode?

Stop disgracing Naija in a public domain. We are not sure what happened yet? I am sure they will have generator if na NEPA - na today?

Lets just be patient o.k

anybody that has access to his broker should call to find out whats going on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2007
aktopgun:

been whiling away time preparing a little tutorial on how to evaluate stocks for our new members.
should be ready in a week or so and will post it then.

as my friend fatherof2 would say, "na all theory sha". i just think it will help the old and new alike and as long it increases our knowledge and earning power i'm for it

me i'm still waiting to be fatherof1!!  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

What's your email addy? I'll send you one I was working on months ago: got so tired of typing that I just gave up! Was afraid of Carpal Tunnel.  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ Wanaj0 ´

am still waiting on the page to open.

@ yodiyokun ,

am in Spain , usually the page is slow to open about this time.

@aktopgun

abeg go ahead and prepare the tutorials , the theory IS THE FUNDAMENTALS for the newbies , without it the theory it is difficult to use the information on these thread properly.fATHER OF 2 asked some pages for some teaching to the newbies. For those who know already , we all get better by repition. Please do it your effort will be appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2007
rushnovski:

Heard someone on the floor is using biro and paper to write all the results for today. Afterwards, them go scan am put for board. undecided
Abi na true say dem get power failure? na im be say NSE no get back-up system
I dont think all those with millions upon millions of naira and pound sterling and dollars will be very happy o embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2007
BTW, did anyone notice that the Zenith prospectus NEVER mentions PE ratio at offer price? Instead they use "earnings yield at offer price" Sneaky! wink tongue Note that earnings yield (Zenith's is 4.9% at the offer price) is the inverse of PE; that gives us a forward PE of 20.4 @ the offer price and 24 at the market price. It 50% more expensive than the FCMB, Fidelity and PHB offers. I guess there's a premium to be paid for ownership in the #2 coy on the NSE (or is it for the "Ovia" name? tongue).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ easimoni

its michaelakeju (at) btinternet.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ all
something is wrong ,after waiting for ages it showed yesterday's data.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2007
aktopgun,
Did you go to UniLag? Your name is awfully familiar.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2007
Price list 6 dec 2007

no shaking

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2007
@Pumping777,

I just sent you an email .Could you kindly respond to my enquiry.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2007
easimoni:

aktopgun,
Did you go to UniLag? Your name is awfully familiar.
I was actually going to ask the same question but then the name is quite well known  wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2007
@easimoni

yes i did man, med school in idiaraba.

et vous?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2007
easimoni:

BTW, did anyone notice that the Zenith prospectus NEVER mentions PE ratio at offer price? Instead they use "earnings yield at offer price" Sneaky! wink tongue Note that earnings yield (Zenith's is 4.9% at the offer price) is the inverse of PE; that gives us a forward PE of 20.4 @ the offer price and 24 at the market price. It 50% more expensive than the FCMB, Fidelity and PHB offers. I guess there's a premium to be paid for ownership in the #2 coy on the NSE (or is it for the "Ovia" name? tongue).

Actually they did but within the summary on page 7.

Did you look at the projected PAT for 2008? 28B?? I think they will surpass this target so they can flaunt it  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2007
Thank God light don come.  Den don put diesel for the generator! grin  It is not a question of owning generator, it is whether or not you have fuel or diesel to power it!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2007
aktopgun:

@easimoni

yes i did man, med school in idiaraba.

et vous?

Akokites!! I dey here o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ Emmachile,

as usual you don deliver - thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ roughcut,pumping, easimoni

u guys just had to be great akokites, u just had to be. i could feel it

nice to know

so any of u guys people i know by any chance?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ emmachile

nice one bruvs
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2007
LondonCool:

@Pumping777,

I just sent you an email .Could you kindly respond to my enquiry.

Thanks

I don salute.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2007
aktopgun:

nice to know

@I beg take your re-union outside  

Them don start " great akokites" --- remember there is only one great  tongue- "Great Ife"funny enough I did not school at Ife.

But I know Ife guys are lurking here somewhere and I dont wan them to be tempted to start their own reunion too!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2007
@Fellow Akokites ,

should have felt it , more grease to your palms.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2007
aktopgun:

nice to know

Make we exchange names maybe it will ring a bell or bells sef.  I finish for class of '91 in Engineering and returned for an MBA in '94.

Send me your email or send me one at pumping777 (at) yahoo dot com.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ Emmachile ,

thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2007
easimoni:

They actually had the PE in the full prospectus.

The 2008 forecast is surely understated. N28bn, no way. Q1 they're already close to N10bn.

The error I picked up is the number of shares oustanding at June 2008. They were talking about 11bn instead of 14bn.

That said, it is a solid offer. At least little of that branch expansion nonsence. 40% of the underwritten portion already preferentially alloted. Well, Anything more than 20,000 units is risky.

Saw the First Bank righst issue allotmment and I laughed!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2007
@yodiyokun

o ti le binu ju! u tooo vex  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

nothing wrong with hailing our peeps is there? i'm sure people from othe rschools wil do the same and i'm also sure u'll great them with the same warmth u've received us !!  wink

to the guys from the school others love to hate, i holla!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

Price list 6 dec 2007

no shaking

Nice one!

Did anybody notice Dangote Sugar is flying?(dont need to do a chart  for that one!)

RedStar Express has done 103% since it was listed on the NSE about 4-5 weeks  ago and only about 4-5 people are responsible for this state of affairs they managed to shift about 544,000 today. Methinks there's a PO in the offing i dont think its a simple case of people taking profit. In fact the volume involved today is more than all the volumes combined  since it was listed. (Would like to do  OBV analysis for this one)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2007
yodiyokun:

@I beg take your re-union outside  

Them don start " great akokites" --- remember there is only one great  tongue- "Great Ife"funny enough I did not school at Ife.

But I know Ife guys are lurking here somewhere and I don't wan them to be tempted to start their own reunion too!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

No wahala. We salute. we are brodas and sistas grin grin grin

I beg make una no start o !!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2007
pumping777:

I finish for class of '91 in Engineering and returned for an MBA in '94.

@Pumping,

So the people wey dey this thread na my great grand fathers. In 1991 I was still at Federal Girls' , 1994 I never even sabi wetin I go become.

I will now start respecting my elders from now on!!! grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2007
wanaj0:

Saw the First Bank righst issue allotmment and I laughed!!!!

What was funny about the rights issue allotment? Was it as ridiculous as the PO allottment, or you got a better deal through the rights

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.