Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (814678 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rojen: 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2006
Hey Guys, the stock on board now is the oceanic vintage fund.its a unit trust fund whereby investors pull their fund together to invest in viable stocks in market. its selling at 1.00 per unit, but the minimum you will invest is 50000units, dats 50000 naira.

Guys you cant afford to miss this,offer closes on wednesday being the 20th of december 2006.

Note: its selling at 1.00 per unit and it cannot fall below dat 1.00.so you have an advantage of buying now its still on IPO,cos when the offer closes i bet you will never get it at 1.00 again.

pls guide your future and your childrens future now, go to any oceanic bank branch to get a form.

or call me with this line  08036007632.

THINK BANKING, , THINK OCEANIC

BANK OF THE YEAR 2006
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rojen: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2006
Hey Guys, the stock on board now is the oceanic vintage fund.its a unit trust fund whereby investors pull their fund together to invest in viable stocks in market. its selling at 1.00 per unit, but the minimum you will invest is 50000units, dats 50000 naira.

Guys you cant afford to miss this,offer closes on wednesday being the 20th of december 2006.

Note: its selling at 1.00 per unit and it cannot fall below dat 1.00.so you have an advantage of buying now its still on IPO,cos when the offer closes i bet you will never get it at 1.00 again.

pls guide your future and your childrens future now, go to any oceanic bank branch to get a form.

or call me with this line  08036007632.

THINK BANKING, , THINK OCEANIC

BANK OF THE YEAR 2006
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2006
2cents are you refering to nejor  wink

Hey people

what are the advantages/disadvantages of buying/selling shares through a stock broker?

what are the advantages/disadvantages of buying/selling shares by individuals(alone)?

and can anyone recommend some registered stockbroking firms with UPDATED websites for entry levels/youths

thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hola2ng(m): 11:47am On Dec 19, 2006
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ loverbwoy
try Zenith securities and IBTC ( search thru google nigeria)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2006
Thank you

Do you have any idea how much it is to open an account with them,
I've searched their websites and emailed them but still no info

thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ibkn(m): 2:15pm On Dec 20, 2006
loverbwoy try cashcraft on cashcraft.com i think thier account opening details on it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 4:01am On Dec 21, 2006
thanks @ ibkn wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ibkn(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2006
no probs
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2006
One fundamental stock buying tip is to never have more than ten stock in your portfolio as a rule of thumb.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by careidon: 2:20am On Dec 24, 2006
Hey Oceanic marketer is dat "pump & dump"? Just kidding i pray u meet your target
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by careidon: 2:35am On Dec 24, 2006
Good job cuppcake. I think shld mention though that the 1st thing has not being mentioned by anyone-Form ur investing philosopy i.e. U want 2 be a Buffet-egg nest 4 future good 4 pple with cash 2 spare/George Sorros-one of d few 2 ever make a billion/dy trading (quick returns,following prices) 2. Get a broker-try av one dat can call you back & explain to you their service knowing u are a small individual investor (rem Loverbwoy & IBTC-smaller less reputable may do worse)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by careidon: 2:50am On Dec 24, 2006
I also believe its not about WHEN to get in/out like Kg/Ronkebaby tipped. You can buy & keep 4ever but dats just only another game plan. It is more about WHAT PRICE 2 get in/out. Most pple i know only give market orders-there 9 orders u can give stating what price u want 2 buy/sell (the same u sell/buy ur car or other stuff) only in this case u leave ur broker 2 it. Without price stated in ur order-it doesnt matter how long it takes its imp u are only gaining &not losing (limit/stop/market if touched order) the broker simply buy/sell at prevailing market price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by careidon: 2:59am On Dec 24, 2006
I pray soon our 187 broking firms wil be giving us net-connected real time platforms where we can buy & sell(they r stil entitled 2 their commisions but u av control over price)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Meristem: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2007
HI GUYS/BABES. THIS SITE RRRRRROOOCKS! i'M HAPI 2 B HIA MAN!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gists: 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2007
Hello all,

Does anyone knows how long it take for investors to get their share certificates if one buys an IPO e.g the recently concluded DSR and the ongoing Transcorp.

I ask this question cos I've read in some newspapers where some investors complain of not getting their share certificates months after the IPO is over. Which means u can't sell if u intend hold for short term.

What's the typical time frame?

Regards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bizl4Rizl(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2007
I think it usually takes about 3 - 4 months. If you read the prospectus of the IPO carefully, there is a timetable for the IPO including the time for distribution of share certificates. That should give a fair idea of when the certificates should be expected in the mail.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2007
can someone help me out. i bought the last zenith ipo and i would like to know if dividends have being paid. also is the share worth keeping as it has failed to double it size its almost a year now. thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2007
also is the share worth keeping as it has failed to double it size its almost a year now

I had to laugh when I saw this  cheesy. You know a stock market is hot when you expect to double your investment in less than one year!!

I can't imagine anything near this expectation in the UK, US or Canada!

To answer your question, I believe Zenith is a good stock to keep. I have a feeling they'll issue bonus shares and maybe higher dividend payout this year.

That should see the share price go above 30. (BTW, I expect UBA / Zenith to be above 30 by mid 2007).

Good luck.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2007
thanks u didn't answer my question has dividends been paid?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbonla(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tjwealthy(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2007
about time this topic came up.
thumbs up to all contributers. i am more than empowered already.
Keep 'em coming.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by anton(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2007
Does the Nigerian or any Continental capital market have derivative products? Options, Futures, etc?

Also What does the bond market look like? What are some sites to go to to learn more about the Nigerian Exchange?

Also, are there any "shared exchanges" composed of multiple countries from ECOWAS.

What type of tradable commodites exist?

You guys are so smart! There should be a website that caters to Afrikan Traders! Who will do it?! (^_^)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by anton(m): 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2007
Nevermind about the links, i got the ones from the first page.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tjwealthy(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2007
Guyz whats the deal on Transcorp IPO?
I hear they are trying to 'gather' b4 the cahnge of guard this yr?
Any takes on this?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2007
tjwealthy

Explain ur statements
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2007
@
anton
i dont think theres an exchange for the whole west african region, every country at the moment is trying to set up their own, i found the ghana one http://www.gse.com.gh/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by anton(m): 4:16am On Jan 10, 2007
Thnks for the link, checking them out now.

If ECOWAS did have a unified exchange that would be soe C R A Z Y! I am learning about the exchanges here in the US learning thier history and it's very interesting.

I will definately want get on the Nigerian Exchange also. Wonderful days we in Afrikans!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tjwealthy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2007
@kingzy

I mean, because of the coterie in charge of transcorp (president etc,) all this hype about the company may have been to prepare us for this public offer. but some how along the line we also got wind of some, favouritism by the present admin. as regards fund acqusition for the purchases the company made. Also I hear the head of NSE is also on transcorp's board.

All this makes me want to believe that if things don't goi quite as Obasanjo plans in this next election, Transcorp is going to be in for a veeeery bumpy ride & we the shareholders are siting on the side with the bad shock absorbers. I stand corrected.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4Play(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2007
LoverBwoy:

@
anton
i don't think theres an exchange for the whole west african region, every country at the moment is trying to set up their own, i found the ghana one http://www.gse.com.gh/

@Loverbwoy

There is already a regional stock exchange for Francophone West African countries that use the CFA currency like Mali,Senegal,Ivory Coast e.t.c in Abidjan called the BRVM

Here is the link in English Language-http://www.brvm.org/en/index.htm
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2007
As they say biz is all about risk so stake what you can afford to absorb in case something goes wrong. Further advice is wellcome
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4Play(m): 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2007
Here is what i don't get about Transcorps

It has 3 portfolio coys- NITEL,MTEL,Abuja Hilton-none of which are money spinners

NITEL needs huge capital infusion which will mean adding to the debt load of the coy ,besides the fixed line telecoms sector is not exactly a huge growth market

Arguably the mobile network mart is reaching saturation point and MTEL is a bit of a latecomer,it can't hope to win customers without offering very cheap deals which will depress earnings

I don't see the hotel biz as very lucrative either

More importantly,what kind of banana republic do we have where a coy can do an IPO without having a trading record
Everywhereelse a coy must have a trading record for a certain number of years before offering its securities to the public.In the UK its 3 years under the same mgt

And why the hell is the President of the NSE moonlighting as the Chairwoman of the Board of Transcorps?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.