Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,367 members, 7,868,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821049 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ALL,

I can't remember who posted the Pivot table update of Wanaj0's spreadsheet.

I tried refreshing it after adding the results released from Nov23 till Date - but it gave me an error - it couldnt locate the source file.

Anyhow I had to recreate another Pivot table

Any shortcut to solve the problem - it took me ages to recreate another pivot - not sure if I got it correctly?

Anyone with the same problem?

or no one here has been updating Wanaj0 spreadsheet tongue tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2007
SavvyLanre:

@Pumping777

Rally of 544% from April of this year till now, without being listed on the floor. I wonder how that would have happened - if there is nothing dodgy.

The rally itself does not mean something is dodgy. Look at it this way. Suppose they are on course to deliver 500M PAT for 2007?? Then N12.88 is a fair listing price. On the other hand I know where you are coming from. They may just be taking advantage of the market but I know long term there will be price correction if they don't deliver the goods.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ easimoni,
if youre out there. how work now?, hope ur body dey cool sha. i never hear from you for some time.
i want to know ure views on the insurance sector as a whole, im loving UNIC right now, but do you think next year will be the insurance year, do u think they can enter double figures then.
BTW, i finished 2003 chemical engineering in unilag, last time i was there susu was still there as well as dr. kehinde. just thought id let u know.
holla back oga.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2007
temmie10, ure completely MIA again, where u dey now ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2007
pumping 777, please after the access allotment , how many shares do they have now? really important can u pls hola back
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2007
shigidi:

pumping 777, please after the access allotment , how many shares do they have now? really important can u please hola back

My figure is now =6.978+8.521+3.8+1.18 = 20.48B shocked shocked shocked

----------------
We propose that a total of 353,783 Application Forms for 8,521,839,138 units at a total value of N126,975,403,156.20 be approved for allotment.
The over-subscribed units of the Offer up to 3,800,000,008 units will be accepted.

Also 1.18B units for conversion of debts to equity.
--------------
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:11am On Dec 12, 2007
We are still lacking Aiico and Costain prospectus. Haba. Make una do something now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 12:27am On Dec 12, 2007
pumping777:

My figure is now =6.978+8.521+3.8+1.18 = 20.48B shocked shocked shocked

----------------
We propose that a total of 353,783 Application Forms for 8,521,839,138 units at a total value of N126,975,403,156.20 be approved for allotment.
The over-subscribed units of the Offer up to 3,800,000,008 units will be accepted.

Also 1.18B units for conversion of debts to equity.
--------------

Pumping, I think the 3.8B is in addition to the 4.721B they asked for. Total PO is 3.8+4.7=8.521

New GRAND total is 6.978+8.521+1.18 = 16.679B
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 12:28am On Dec 12, 2007
@ wanajo

"On DSR, it is undervalued, relatively low PE with expansion/growth expected in 2008. That should help the bottomline. Yes the quarterly dividend is an issue but going forward, the market will definitely recognise its value. Also in a bearish market, don't expect it to take a hit.

on First Bank, yes I've factored in the dilution. By the time Q1 2008 result is out, FBN will skyrocket. They will definitely exceed the forecast in the prospectus. FBN has all and more that Zenith and co has. Look at there branch expansion strategy, look at the money from Western union, look at the deployment of the N250bn raised. Come 2008, expect a mind blowing performance from First Bank. Now if they recover part or all of the N10bn from the IIL saga.

WAPCo, not too bullish about them. Good stock, good company but not well favoured. Loss of the MD to Obajana is also not a good sign."

Thanks for the insight. Apreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 12:29am On Dec 12, 2007
pumping777:

Offer - 120.1% oversubscription of 375,265,870 shares = 0.45B

Rights - 101.8% oversubscription of 115,691,506 shares = 0.117B

Giving us a total of around 0.567B.

If 2007 PAT is meant to be 200M then forward PE is 36.51 ---- Right??

They had better deliver more than 200M.  tongue tongue

2007 YE was in Sept so it's TRAILING PE (36.5). Foward PE is ~ 24 as next PAT ~ 300M. As you said, they must beat these forecasts.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 12:33am On Dec 12, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,
if youre out there. how work now?, hope your body dey cool sha. i never hear from you for some time.
i want to know ure views on the insurance sector as a whole, im loving UNIC right now, but do you think next year will be the insurance year, do u think they can enter double figures then.
BTW, i finished 2003 chemical engineering in unilag, last time i was there susu was still there as well as dr. kehinde. just thought id let u know.
holla back oga.

I knew there was something CORRECT  grin cheesy cool about you! I visited last in 2003. Gisted with Gimba and Dr Ajayi.

Per Insurance, no doubt in my mind at least 5 of them will break 10 sometime next year.

BTW, Heroes ended the 2007 fall season. A Little disappointing but Sylar got his powers back so the 08 season should pick up some.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:46am On Dec 12, 2007
easimoni:

I knew there was something CORRECT grin cheesy cool about you! I visited last in 2003. Gisted with Gimba and Dr Ajayi.

Per Insurance, no doubt in my mind at least 5 of them will break 10 sometime next year.

BTW, Heroes ended the 2007 fall season. A Little disappointing but Sylar got his powers back so the 08 season should pick up some.

Its interesting, Most of us here are engineers.How come?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:55am On Dec 12, 2007
@ easimoni

Access - Thanks. I see I added the 3.8B units twice. That is a welcome adjustment. The original figure was mind boggling.

Deap -  I suppose they have some better results to justify the listing price and I expect it to be public very soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:33am On Dec 12, 2007
FatherOF2:

Ratios, trends, charts, signals, acronyms, Excel spreadsheets, forecasting, percentages Engineers are at home in the market. grin I have friends who get headaches when I start talking about the market. + We are an ultra-competitive bunch by nature; always looking to "beat the market" at anything. tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lomah(m): 4:12am On Dec 12, 2007
PUMPS,
HAVE U ANY NEWS ON FBN'S SO CALLED RETURNED MONIES. I KNW I SHUD BE ASKING WANAJO WHO BOUGHT HEAPS OF THEM SHARES, BUT THOUGHT I'D ASK U TOO. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNW WHEN DANGOTE FLOUR WOULD BE LISTED, ETC. CHEERS. STILL UP.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hardMoney: 5:44am On Dec 12, 2007
I have to admit… I am one of those silent listeners and have in last few months grown addicted this forum. Before going any futher, I have to commend Seun for providing us with this forum and also to the wonderful GURUS in the house for their relentless and selfless efforts in educating newbies like some us. This forum is a true attestment to Nigeria hidden greateness.

For those of us still confused on how to download from Megaupload here are my findings. I have Windows Vista with IE and the Megaupload toolbar did not automatically display after entering the 3 digit ID. If your Browser does not automatically display the download toolbar after entering the 3 digit ID, you may want to visit this link to download a Registry file that will update you registry with necessary params to enable the toolbar…… http://www.megaupload-tips-tricks-hacks..com/

To install the registry, click on Start >>> Accessories>>>Command Prompt>>type Regedit and >>Enter. Select File >>> import. Locate and select the downloaded Registry file. Close Explorer and re-open again and you should be ready to go.

You could also double click on the registry file to install without going through the Regedit from the Command Prompt. However, I am always cautious about any registry update and prefers to it the hard way where I have control. Be careful, you could ruin your computer registry!
Please realize that you could also download the toolbar from Megaupload but I learn it came with spyware. Your choice…,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 6:25am On Dec 12, 2007
am not surprised its turning to engineers affair grin.We are taking over the financial world, am a chemical engineer from unique UNIPORT. Shout out to all the great uniport ex studentS.
MAKE UNA NO FALL MY HAND,HOPE SAY NO BE ONLY ME DEY HERE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 6:36am On Dec 12, 2007
I no be engineer, I be soothsayer,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 6:41am On Dec 12, 2007
jehosaphat:

I no be engineer, I be soothsayer,
trust me, we know.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by feelgood(m): 7:59am On Dec 12, 2007
My learned seniors,
have you guys noticed that since ts on fidelity was lifted, it dipped to 11.83 and has remained there ever since. Bought 4 my daughter at 8+ and thought it would go up post ts in order to take advantage. What do you guys think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 8:17am On Dec 12, 2007
Blest, the is another UP broda in da 'ouse. Keep ya head up bro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Deoba: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2007
Fidelity was adjusted for dividend and that is why the price is at N11.83.Fidelity is a good stock to hold
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2007
@ No Shaking,

Men! your mouth too sweet o! Abi u be political financial sycophant? Anyway, nice one my brotha, appreciate your efforts though!

@FatherOF2

Could you please provide info re your VSAT installations, the service provider etc. Looking at installing one myself. Thanks, Baba ke! a la ololufemi we dey your side o!, infact we dey bow now now, no shaking fatha, na your boys wey hunger wan kill. Ha aa! baba ke! Father of eferi bodi, iya won! Go on sun u! your enemies go blow - gbosa gbosa gbosa!!!     . Hey, just mimicking, ololufemi! Abeg o!!

Wetin I go do my brother. The important thing is that I make money in a clean and honest way and join the millionaire forum on this thread.

Also aiming to join Fatherof2 and Wanaj0 on the billionaire club too.

Like I said, I dey humble to all my seniors for this forum.

Got some fresh news from the grapevine about Dangote Flour. Heard it was oversubscribed and may be listed in February.

Also heard it will be another highflier. I hope we all invested in it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VIPICO(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2007
[/quote]ME, I still get CASH o! Wetin man go buy? If I put a price limit, my broker will not see to buy. If I don't, I'm almost guaranteed to buy at the max, if at all. I don tire. And I MUST spend it all by xmas. Nairalanders have hijacked AG Leventis, UPL, C&I, and Beta Glass[quote]

Easimoni, this is kindda confusing. I thought you guys had earlier put a sale recommendation on CILeasing?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:01am On Dec 12, 2007
Do your own homework. Once you take position in a fundementally sound stock, you need not fear when price deep rather you even see as a buy opportunity to accumulate. That is why I will always go for the Roughcut, WanajO model - FUNDAMENTAL, that's it, unless you want to play a fast one which undoubtedly doubly risky!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 10:11am On Dec 12, 2007
@ All,

BGL Ltd is offering for subscription 4,300,000,000 Ordinary Shares of 50 kobo each at N7.00 per share. The Offer opened on Wednesday, November 21, 2007.

DOWNLOAD the full placement DOCUMENT and FORM here:

www.bglltd.com/BGL%2520Private%2520Placement%2520Memorandum.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2007
grabdaloot:

Blest, the is another UP brother in da 'ouse. Keep ya head up bro

thanks bro, but this ur name is scary oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2007
VIPICO:

Easimoni, this is kindda confusing. I thought you guys had earlier put a sale recommendation on CILeasing?

which is why he said he wasnt able to get it, folks all tied to nab it, price went up, he wont get it at the current price. No longer a viable option in his opinion, hence the post.
abi no be so Easimoni? grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2007
@ Pumping777 etc Re. DEAP Management

Just heard that its shares are about to listed @ N2.88, and not N12.88 as widely suggested in prev pages. Hope this helps!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:22am On Dec 12, 2007
ololufemi:

@ No Shaking,

Wetin I go do my brother. The important thing is that I make money in a clean and honest way and join the millionaire forum on this thread.

Also aiming to join Fatherof2 and Wanaj0 on the billionaire club too.

Like I said, I dey humble to all my seniors for this forum.

I'm feeling you, my brotha cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2007
Breaking News!!! Just a brief diversion!!

James Ibori has just been arrested by EFCC - finally o! grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2007
[quote author=FatherOF2

now we know why our roads and bridges are in bad shape. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.