Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820211 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2007
Which Bank they collect 1% oo make I hear?

The credit on my facility is charged on a pro-rata basis and works out at approx 17% p/a (plus charges=21% max). That works out at 0.05%  p/d. Drawn over a 14 day period= 0.8 %.  Off course, this is a best case scenario. Drawn over a 30 day period=1.72%. I can live with this for a 10 - 15% gain on volume trades.

If the money is not drawn, no interest (except management fee of 1% p/a) is charged.  The fact is that only commited funds cost me. That, I can live with.

BTW, many of those 0%'s I've used for real estate investments in the UK and worked out quite well for investments like that (Though most now come with a 2 - 3% "transfer" fee so not so free after all ).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD(m): 11:45pm On Dec 13, 2007
Also try www.zenithsecuritiesng.com .It's very comprehensive.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Octupus(f): 12:22am On Dec 14, 2007
@ALL
I am relatively new to this thread and I must say I am very impressed with the depth of knowledge most of you have displayed in financial and biz matters.Keep it up.I think I have found a place to gel for a while,if not permanently.This thread is far detached from most other threads in other sectors of this website,where I have seen people post thrash.

Having said that,I want to thank Wendywendy for the DG's speech she attached.I have perused through it also.Looks good and promising.However,I have a few questions to ask,and I welcome answers from all.

1. What does she mean by NSE All-share index?

2. Why is there a disparity between the number of listed COMPANIES and SECURITIES.I thought the two are used interchangeably.

3. Finally,and this is unrelated to her speech,can anyone postulate some reasons for the recent bullish run of AP?.It seems to me to be political rather than based on real, on the ground, solid improvement in the company's services.I stand to be corrected.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Octupus(f): 12:38am On Dec 14, 2007
@ALL

When is the GTB year end?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 12:53am On Dec 14, 2007
Octupus:

@ALL

When is the GTB year end?

Feb
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 1:00am On Dec 14, 2007
grabdaloot:

@ololufemi
Stock picks on this forum angry angry lipsrsealed, you are joking right??. Before finally deciding to break my vow of silence I have been sitting on the fence for some time and I have noticed all the complaints someone really has a deep pocket on these pages. Its hard to believe but it is ture. Might not be a blogger but just an observer. Folks here are pretty much on top of their game when it comes to the stock market. Anyway after I have completed my buy orders, I'll check your profile and email you my own views. But hey I am no expert and don't know your investment objectives (capital gains, institutuional or dividend hunters) for all I know you might be the deep pocketed fella shocked

The last 4-5 pages have beensome of the most educating.
We are also quite a no of doctors here o.
Now I now there are really deep pockets here.

@grab da loot
Can I share from ur wealth of experience.
Ur stockpicks > My email is drdaniel04 at yahoo.com.
Thanks.

@ Aktopgun Congrats on ur baby.
The comraderie shown on this forum is amazing!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Maximeo(m): 1:53am On Dec 14, 2007
Hi All,

I bought CCNN shares at 1st Bank Plc Jos 2001 while serving (NYSC) but have changed locations since then, and I'm now living abroad. Does any one know how I can trace or get my shares back? I can only remember receiving a letter about CCNN annual meeting years back but since then nothing?? Advice will be appreciated pls!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:41am On Dec 14, 2007
Octupus:

@ALL
I am relatively new to this thread and I must say I am very impressed with the depth of knowledge most of you have displayed in financial and biz matters.Keep it up.I think I have found a place to gel for a while,if not permanently.This thread is far detached from most other threads in other sectors of this website,where I have seen people post thrash.

Having said that,I want to thank Wendywendy for the DG's speech she attached.I have perused through it also.Looks good and promising.However,I have a few questions to ask,and I welcome answers from all.

1. What does she mean by NSE All-share index?

2. Why is there a disparity between the number of listed COMPANIES and SECURITIES.I thought the two are used interchangeably.

3. Finally,and this is unrelated to her speech,can anyone postulate some reasons for the recent bullish run of AP?.It seems to me to be political rather than based on real, on the ground, solid improvement in the company's services.I stand to be corrected.

NSE all share index tracks the general direction of the market. If the index goes up, it means the average investor is gaining, if it goes down, well u know! It weighted based on company size, so if (for example), the ten biggest companies gain the max 5%, the remaining 200 coys can be neutral or negative, the index will likely gain.

There are funds and the like also listed on the NSE.

We discussed AP some weeks ago; Otedola has bought the company an is now attempting a foray into the UPSTREAM petroleum industry by bidding for 2 blocks shell is trying to sell. I don't think it means anything in the near-term (I work in the upstream, no be yam o!) but I guess people think Otedola will turn that place around.

Stick around the thread. It moves too quickly.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:53am On Dec 14, 2007
Easimoni,

You never sleep .

I need clarification - I have looked at cashcraft and FSDh - they only record the high, low and closing prices

no opening prices-- can I still chart RSI based on these alone or what can I do?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:08am On Dec 14, 2007
yodiyokun:

Easimoni,

You never sleep .

I need clarification - I have looked at cashcraft and FSDh - they only record the high, low and closing prices

no opening prices-- can I still chart RSI based on these alone or what can I do?

Same question I wanted to ask. Where do we get opening prices in FSDH format??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mcsamson1(m): 3:43am On Dec 14, 2007
gurus in the house, when is vitafoam year end. thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 3:46am On Dec 14, 2007
yodiyokun wetin be your e mail ? are in tdot or where. i am in edmonton. make we connect . my e mail dey my profle. pumping i see u oooooooooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:16am On Dec 14, 2007
bivins1:

yodiyokun wetin be your e mail ? are in tdot or where. i am in edmonton. make we connect . my e mail dey my profle. pumping i see u oooooooooo

my email is unhidden now

no spam me oo
na toronto i dey
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:29am On Dec 14, 2007
pumping777:

Same question I wanted to ask. Where do we get opening prices in FSDH format??

For opening prices, go to zenith securities database
Na wa I'm addicted to this thread I must say, never thought I'd learn so much about the NSE this quickly, thanks much to everyone.
I've a friend who is going to take a $500k business loan to scatter the market as for me, just got some new cards here, and using my "little" money to put into some stocks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:38am On Dec 14, 2007
IykeD:

Also try www.zenithsecuritiesng.com .It's very comprehensive.

Ahhh thanks, just what I need!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by esco399(m): 7:18am On Dec 14, 2007
Quote by Grabdaloot:
about your question if you should cash out that kind of money to go trading  in Nigeria. You could make a kill and on the other hand you could end up in a pyscratic ward. Volumes moves the market take a stock for AGLEVENT the highest trade this year is on a single day is 1.7m units the lower limit of its intrinsic value is N6.50 while the upper is about N9 but it is all dependent on the performance of the company now knowing this you decide to place an order for about 100m units what do you think will happen. You would have tilted the market. The wise ones acquire over a period of time and then place this kind of order on daily basis mopping up the excess. Then when band-wagon effect has caught on they offload the ones the had bought earlier. This ploy was used on AFROIL, IPWA etc and believe me boys have cleaned out. If you want to do legitimat trading with that kind of money, I would think that only the banking sector can afford to move volumes without raising much of an eyebrow anyway let me not bore you guys too much

@ grabdaloot, nice one my brother,  I hinted at this a while back (dumping of smaller portions to prop up the price to make a large move on the significant portion when demamnd for the stock is now so high, maybe even on net bid,  due to the artificial scarcity that was created) because I susupected the same thing was in motion with another coy,  (twas only suspicion oooh, & with the lack info on many companies & their financials, na so e go remain,  suspicion). The NSE can be very irrational, that's why I respect comments made by Fatherof2 and co,  no amount of fundamentals alone can be enough in a market such as the NSE,  you also have to learn the behaviour of the market you are trading in, or as Fof2 puts it, "her personality"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 7:33am On Dec 14, 2007
@maximeo

You will need to contact the registrar for CCNN.

Either ask your broker (or a broker) in Nigeria for the name of the registrar or google CCNN Nigeria and hopefully you can get their registrar phone number.

Usually not worthwhile emailing these companies.

Goodluck!

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2007
to Dr Daniel

daloot_y2k@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 10:45am On Dec 14, 2007
@ all on Bank PHB P.O

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2007
a
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2007
@ All,

News from my source a la grapevine,

Technical Suspension has been lifted on FCMB.

Ready for the bull run.

@ Fatherof2,

Baba well done and I am sure you are happy that everyday on this thread adds to your pool of disciples.

Good thing you started the awareness for short term benefits and I sincerely appreciate it.

What should we aim for with regards to FCMB so as to show that we are not being greedy oh

Me I no greedy oh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2007
@ Grabdaloot,

Oga Sir,

to Dr Daniel

daloot_y2k@yahoo.com

You never reply my post to you oh. No share this loot alone because even Robin Hood share him own with people.

Still waiting for the picks oh. Abeg

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2007
@ all

Opening bell situation 141207

FCMB T.S lifting confirmed , opened @ 18.1
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2007
GTB Q3 Result out!!!

GT BANK PLC
UNAUDITED NINE MONTHS RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED NOV. 30, 2007

2007           2006            %CHANGE
TURNOVER                           N53.267b    N33.708b    58
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION   N17.365b    N11.063b    57
TAXATION                            (N5.556b)   (N3.540b)     57
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION      N11.808b    N7.523b      57

Very depressing result shocked sad angry! Q3 EPS of N0.85; Annualised EPS based on the strength of this Q3 result conservatively N1.20.

And don't tell me thatGTB makes all its money in its Q4 'cos the competitive landscape is changing, the GDR thing not exciting dollars have seriously depreciated since then; 2nd tier banks - FCMB; Bank PHB seriously encroaching on its territory, its marketing strategy not that aggressive unlike other banks in its mkt segment; to mention but few.

Intercontinental Bank  H2 Result Out!

INTERCONTININTAL BANK PLC
AUDITED HALF YEAR RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED AUGUST 31, 2007
                                           2007            2006          %CHANGE
TURNOVER                          N60.914b     N33.358b    83
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION  N14.714b     N7.830b      88
TAXATION                           (N3.397b)    (N1.275b) 166
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION     N11.317b     N6.555b   73

INTERIM DIVIDEND 35K
CLOSURE OF REGISTER DEC 18, 2007
PAYMENT DATE DEC 24, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2007
ololufemi:

@ All,

News from my source a la grapevine,

Technical Suspension has been lifted on FCMB.

Ready for the bull run.

@ Fatherof2,

Baba well done and I am sure you are happy that everyday on this thread adds to your pool of disciples.

Good thing you started the awareness for short term benefits and I sincerely appreciate it.

What should we aim for with regards to FCMB so as to show that we are not being greedy oh

Me I no greedy oh

Abeg, the bull run get k-leg small!! FCMB opened N18.10; dipped momentarily to N17.65; Now N18. Anyway, let's see how it goes today. Hoping the Access bank's situation would not repeat itself
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2007
@ All,

Abeg, the bull run get k-leg small!! FCMB opened N18.10; dipped momentarily to N17.65; Now N18. Anyway, let's see how it goes today. Hoping the Access bank's situation would not repeat itself

Access still made 25%. The rule is do not be greedy.

Thanks for the info. Its great.

I get one question, how you take know abi na trading floor you dey, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2007
Attached is the UBA stockbroker report on closing bid and offers. will try to keep everyone updated once it comes through daily.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2007
@ No shaking,

Attached is the UBA stockbroker report on closing bid and offers. will try to keep everyone updated once it comes through daily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Stock Position 131207.pdf

From Kpineo report above, I still think we thread on safe ground. Had a strong bid yesterday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2007
esco399:

Quote by Grabdaloot:
about your question if you should cash out that kind of money to go trading  in Nigeria. You could make a kill and on the other hand you could end up in a pyscratic ward. Volumes moves the market take a stock for AGLEVENT the highest trade this year is on a single day is 1.7m units the lower limit of its intrinsic value is N6.50 while the upper is about N9 but it is all dependent on the performance of the company now knowing this you decide to place an order for about 100m units what do you think will happen. You would have tilted the market. The wise ones acquire over a period of time and then place this kind of order on daily basis mopping up the excess. Then when band-wagon effect has caught on they offload the ones the had bought earlier. This ploy was used on AFROIL, IPWA etc and believe me boys have cleaned out. If you want to do legitimat trading with that kind of money, I would think that only the banking sector can afford to move volumes without raising much of an eyebrow anyway let me not bore you guys too much

@ grabdaloot, nice one my brother,  I hinted at this a while back (dumping of smaller portions to prop up the price to make a large move on the significant portion when demamnd for the stock is now so high, maybe even on net bid,  due to the artificial scarcity that was created) because I susupected the same thing was in motion with another coy,  (twas only suspicion oooh, & with the lack info on many companies & their financials, na so e go remain,  suspicion). The NSE can be very irrational, that's why I respect comments made by Fatherof2 and co,  no amount of fundamentals alone can be enough in a market such as the NSE,  you also have to learn the behaviour of the market you are trading in, or as Fof2 puts it, "her personality"

Yes, there is seriously something about our market that only a few traders on this thread have really touched on it - Fatherof2; Grabdaloot lately. It's about the psychology of the market - the behavioural patterns etc, no amount of fundamentals the koko and technicals which help you predict market movement, can serioulsy drive the market. It really boils down to sentiments. And the question is - how do you pro-actively know where these sentiments would show up so as to pre-emptively take position fast fast? It cann't be explained literally, but once you know this, then you are on the top of your game as a trader remember the Matrix film - you would know this is the ONE when you get there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Olulofemi

E bi like say the bid no strong reach! As I dey see so FCMB is now N17.96. Still hoping this is not worse than the Access Bank's situation. Remember, Access gained full momentum for 3 days after it's TS was lifted before retracing back to its TS price and the rest history! Anyway, fingers crossed!!

Why did FMCB decide to lift TS today? Today of all days, sad angry - few days to yuletide historically bearish period? I tire o!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
Does anyone know where I can get information regarding First inland Bank?
Are they planning a public offer,I notice they have been on TS for sometime now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by esco399(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,
Me I no greedy oh

If u were including me as well, then you are wrong,  I no be disciple ooo (actually dislike the way the word is being used),  far from it, I respect his style just like I respect wanajo & co's styles & a lot of other styles on this site equally. I tend to be a mixture of most depending on a lot of factors (to each his own),  I'm neither on one extreme or the other,  just keep my mind open, and remain master of my own domain,    cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.