Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,556 members, 7,847,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818038 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2008
@bigjay, I completely understand your anger, and that was why once I got enough money in hand to meet the minimum of the bigger companies now, I'm switching, more than likely signing up with either Vetiva, FSDH or BGL within the next week or so! UBA is good for those who just want to start of, not traders now that u and I have become, you only lose money. No point emailing the brokers, I did and all i got in response to a purchase mandate I sent to them was "Received", nothing else o, not even a complete 1 line! LOL at least the rep officer will give me better response, even ifg its to say I havent heard from the brokers grin I'm still signing my younger sister with them because her stuff will be long term and the N250k minimum is good, but I'm jumping ship with my larger portfolio.

@tonyjon they havent responded to my 2 emails just yet, I hear they don't respond to emails at that general email address that its best to call them, I'm about to just go ahead and call them. I wanted to contact my cousin at BGL who's a manager there for years but I don't like that they take 10% off your profits, pumping or any using them abeg can u confirm that?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2008
easimoni:

This did not show up on my FSDH report. Thot you all might want to know. I guess Wanaj0 has been warning us regarding Ins coys that merged or sold to private equity concerns. I'm sure more of this will follow in that sector. Cornerstone shares now up to 9.56B

Can't understand how the insurance sector is in such a mess as far as corporate gorvernace issue is concern. No wonder, the consolidation programme is filled with errors.

How do you conclude a merger arrangement without scheme of merger document sent to the shareholders!!!!! Everything is shrouded in secrecy.

Before, I know that UNIC was planning to spin off their non life business. Not sure of the situation now.

NEM was totally silent about their merger with Vigilante. No one knew the terms and conditions of the deal. I'm sure when they come out for the PO's this will still not be mentioned. For me I will let them pass before dem give man pickin high blood pressure!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2008
abeg does anyone know when COSTAIN will be taken off TS and the cap released?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ wanajo,
abeg answer my question na
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2008
@tufe, it takes a few days like maybe 3 or so max for CSCS acct to be opened
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ naijadr
mine has taken like two weeks.
what do you propose i do?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2008
Naijadr:

@bigjay, I completely understand your anger, and that was why once I got enough money in hand to meet the minimum of the bigger companies now, I'm switching, more than likely signing up with either Vetiva, FSDH or BGL within the next week or so! UBA is good for those who just want to start of, not traders now that u and I have become, you only lose money. No point emailing the brokers, I did and all i got in response to a purchase mandate I sent to them was "Received", nothing else o, not even a complete 1 line! LOL at least the rep officer will give me better response, even ifg its to say I havent heard from the brokers grin I'm still signing my younger sister with them because her stuff will be long term and the N250k minimum is good, but I'm jumping ship with my larger portfolio.

@tonyjon they havent responded to my 2 emails just yet, I hear they don't respond to emails at that general email address that its best to call them, I'm about to just go ahead and call them. I wanted to contact my cousin at BGL who's a manager there for years but I don't like that they take 10% off your profits, pumping or any using them abeg can u confirm that?

I have a large portfolio with them(UBA) that is why am a bit disturbed. I have made up my mind to go with Vetiva  and then try to transfer my portfolio later. I was about injecting #1.2m today for First bank but with all these their nonsense, I decided to stop. I will use the money to open a new account with Vetiva.

Just keep me posted if there is any new development.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2008
All,

NSE Trading Schedule??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2008
tufe:

@ naijadr
mine has taken like two weeks.
what do you propose i do?

atimes it happens,just keep pressure on  your acc.officer to wake up.

@naijadr
any luck with FSDH?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2008
tonyjon:

NBA has UBA STOCKBROKERS LTD ACCOUNT NUMBER. I think he should post it on this thread so that people can send their money and mandates to them straight.

As per e-mail address, you can send the mail  through
Ubastockbrokers at ubagroup dot com and make sure you copy moradeke.ajayi at ubagroup dot com and charles.egbunonwo at ubagroup dot com.

Peace.

UBA Stockbrokers

Guys,
I was hoping to keep the conversation on the other thread but it doesn't really matter now, boys don vex already!

OK, from what I understand, the NRN folks were instructed to only move money from the current/checking account to the Stockbrokers - the only reason I believe is to make more money for UBA. You do not need to have an account with UBA to use their Stockbroking service.

I contacted UBA Stockbrokers directly and you can transfer the money to their account directly, the email response is attached with the account number. As I mentioned on the other thread, I only use the savings product  most times though I have the current and domiciliary accounts.

My opinion though is deal with the Stockbroking folks directly. The NRN reps don't need to be involved. However with the complain of slow execution mentioned here and lack of on line access , I may not fund that account

If you have complaints, you can send it to this guy. He was in charge of the NRN product a while back.

Chidi N. Okpala

Head, NRN Banking & Remittances Division

United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc I UBA House I 15th Floor

57 Marina -  Lagos , Nigeria

Office: +234 1 264 4652 - 700, EXT 15558 I DL:+234 1 270 4494 I Fax: +234 1264 4769

chidi.okpala at ubagroup dot com

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2008
hispy99:

Latest Market Info
NIG-GERMAN: 3RD QTR SEPT 2007

NIGERIAN GERMAN PLC, UNAUDITED RESULTS FOR NINE MONTHS ENDED SEPTEMBER 30,2007

TURNOVER 07 N2.117b, 06 N1.982b

PBT 07 N206.822m, 06 N166.140m

TAXATION 07 (N62.047m) 06 (N49.842m)

PAT 07 N144.775m, 06 N116.298m

This looks like a poor result considering Q-2 PAT was N119.5M but maybe it is in line with the quarterly trend.?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2008
tufe:

@ wanajo,
abeg answer my question na

Sorry dey source for your answer tongue

Not sure which CSCS account you talked about. Is it online account or getting a CSCS number/account where your stock will reside.

The first one can take two weeks while teh second one should be about three days
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2008
osazeet:

@ GRABDALOOT,                                             
                                   Goodmorning Sir, please enlighten me more about ipo, po, pp and their differences and how personality play in obtaining the pp. where and how to obtain the pp of a stock. i will be very happy to hear your lecture on this topic,  thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this may cost you.

I no be sir but if you insist I go claim am in Jesus name Amen. In Nigeria these days they are all pretty much the same (oversuscribed + allotment issues = money refunded) Basically an IPO is initial public offer meaning that it is the first time that company is publicly coming out to sell its equity to the public and anybody above 18 can buy into it. PO is public offer. sale of equity open to the public but not the first being offered by the company. PP private placement means certain individuals are invited to come and invest (buy equity) in the company. by law a publicly quoted companies cannot conduct a private placement. That is why the Diamond/Actis deal raised a lot of eyebrows. The thing about PP is that pretty much anybody can get into anyone these days. All you need to do is to have an ear to the ground and hustle you way in. There are many ways of discouraging people these days in PP (eg min investment + N10m etc) but the key thing about PP is you need to be sure about the direction of the company and its mgmt commitment. Take for instance IGI getting to 3 years now and not a word yet about when they will be listed. Likewise GTA. I'm not saying these were bad deals but check out the lenght of time it is taking to list talk less of disbursement of share certificates. If you want to commit to a PP just zero your mind for a long term investment. If it turns out better then thank God!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2008
pumping777:

This looks like a poor result considering Q-2 PAT was N119.5M but maybe it is in line with the quarterly trend.?
I concur; a little below expectations. + No more news till June/July.

As previously stated, NFI Ins was de-listed today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2008
easimoni:

I concur; a little below expectations. + No more news till June/July.

As previously stated, NFI Ins was de-listed today
easi
happy new year,
that NGC result is exactly as you put it, slightly below expectations.
Btw why was nfi delisted?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2008
Oga pumping, welldone-o,
I sent in a bid for LASACO today at 3.75, but my broker was not able to get.

Why was NFI delisted today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2008
Temmie10:

easi
happy new year,
that NGC result is exactly as you put it, slightly below expectations.
Btw why was nfi delisted?

Not sure why you considered it below expectation. 25% growth in PAT is not.

I know that most people did there calaculation based on equal quarterly profits. Abeg no be like that.

Like I said 28.00 is a fair price for NGC anything else na jara.

NFI is no longer exiting. Acquired by AIICO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2008
I need to be educated please.

What does my 1m Units of IEI become after the reconstruction?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2008
wanaj0:

Not sure why you considered it below expectation. 25% growth in PAT is not.

I know that most people did there calaculation based on equal quarterly profits. Abeg no be like that.

Like I said 28.00 is a fair price for NGC anything else na jara.

NFI is no longer exiting. Acquired by AIICO.
Thanks for the nfi gist.
ngc's reult is considered below expectation based on an optimistic view of their last results.
Sometimes that quarterly profit estimation hands u a money spinner, sometimes it doesn't.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Walcolm,
Concerning GTA, i did not hear of a 1 for 1 bonus or even dividend of any sort. i only got a notification from GT registrar that my holding has been reconstructed on a 2 for 1 basis

Thanks for the info. I bought OTC and i have received my certificate stating exactly the units i bought. So, is it correct to say that is the reconstructed units?

Does the 2 for 1 basis mean that if i had 200,000 units, it then becomes 100,000 after reconstruction?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Wanajo

I get your point about Acorn.
Just thinking there may be something we are missing.
Your advice is well taken and gives pause for thought.
Some of these boards do affect the companies - in curtailing bad behaviour. For example I have it on good authority that IGI was not going to go public at some point after the success of the PP but with the sort of people on the board it would have been very difficult to let the public down in that way.
Have no intention of making substantive investment in Acorn unless I find out something that is not generally known.
Thanks.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2008
Naijadr:

If i knew this in enough time, I wouldn't have signed up to UBAS, the 5m wouldnt have been been a problem, I made assumptions and moved all my money with them. Will any of the ones you mentioned accept stocks / cash as part of the minimum deposit?

I have sent one of their staff 2 emails on the same subject, he finds it 2 much to even reply. I would have been happy with a one word reply.

If I know now what I know then ,

Stay away from UBAS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2008
Naijadr,

I spoke with someone at Vetiva this afternoon and she said that if you don't want to collect a letter from your bank or from an existing customer, that you can get a letter from your employer.

She also mentioned photocopy of utility bill and drivers licence. It looks very easy. I will scan and send all these to them tomorrow and my application form will be sent to me.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ wanajo

hmmm, this on line CSCS is new to me PLEASE just brief me a little about it before i get in touch with a broker for better understanding
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2008
bigjay01:

If i knew this in enough time, I wouldn't have signed up to UBAS, the 5m wouldnt have been been a problem, I made assumptions and moved all my money with them. Will any of the ones you mentioned accept stocks / cash as part of the minimum deposit?

I have sent one of their staff 2 emails on the same subject, he finds it 2 much to even reply. I would have been happy with a one word reply.

If I know now what I know then ,

Stay away from UBAS.

@ bigjay01,

TRY VETIVA; they will accommodate you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Ololufemi,
lover boy,where have u been.was watching out for ur on the ground report from the floor today.jst want to say hi cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2008
@kpineo,
Oga kpineo please, where is the daily stock position? Have you received for today??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lordisgood: 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2008
do any one knows how good partnership investment stockbroken firm is? compare to the like of BGL, many thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kauskey(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2008
NSE BID/OFFER Positon of selected stocks at close of trading on 14 January 2008

Demand                                       Supply
INTBREW 12.72m              SKYEBANK   3.07m
AIICO 33.19m                   FIRSTINLND   9.09m
ECOBANK 15.86m              AFRIBANK   9.31m
PLATINUM 39.05m             WEMABANK   28.07m
ZENITHBANK 12.35m            
NSLTECH 6.75m            
NEM 2.36m          
CHEVRON 0.328m            
CONTINSURE 7.92m            
CRUSADER 19.28m            
DIAMONDBNK 16.83m            
DEAPCAP 8.71m            
EQUITYASUR 32.99m            
LASACO 2.03m            
MBENEFIT 1.80m            
COSTAIN 1.62m            
BIGTREAT 5.63m            
LIVESTOCK 4.94m            
UNTL 3.02m    
STACO 0.302m
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2008
upward:

Oga pumping, welldone-o,
I sent in a bid for LASACO today at 3.75, but my broker was not able to get.

Why was NFI delisted today.

Possible cos it ended the day on bid but if you had placed your order prior to today then you should give your broker a good hiding cos it opened with a loss meaning that it was most likely on offer at the start of trade. So you need to find out what exactly happened especially with over 200m units sold today except if you are one of the deep pocketed ones we have been on the look out for and placed an order > 100m units wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jungle700: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2008
This is to all the guys in the house, keep up the good work.

Here is my question, I subscribed to the CSCS online service way back in October last year. Even though, i have all the necessary details to log in online now, my problem is that whenever i click on my portfolio section, it's always blank giving that I have stock positions registered to my CSCS account. Anyone in the same shoe as me, Pls has anyone got any contact details for CSCS preferably e-mail addy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2008
Deap capital/ outcome of meeting.

Bonus of 1 for 2 is sure. no problems on that. Dont forget the dividend oh.

result will hit the market anytime soon.

There is going to be another PO, probably in March/April. I am not sure how they want to pull that trick again. Too soon, I will say.

If you dont believe me, please consider this as one of  'numerous market rumours'. So you can treat it as such.

post PO  Outstanding shares is 1B- inluding the 50million unit reserved for staff .

For those that want to celebrate big before march I will advice you to buy DEAP NOW if you can get it.And if you have better appetite for risk. ! In addition, if you can buy a stock that was recently listed at only 33% premium above the listing price., I dont think it is bad considering the fundamentals/ and the general trend that follows newly listed shares. It is not Transcorp!

My strategy is mostly to concentrate on one or two stocks to make a 'kill'. Consequently, I make sure I researched and source for those 'insider' information anyway I could. The depth of my loot depends on the frequency of such stocks and the duration of their positive gyration grin

Happy investing to all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.